to_hope

Medical results

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my results in the mail today- the X-ray, a package that says "DO NOT OPEN", and an "applicant copy" of my immunization records. On the bottom of the page there is a box checked that reads, "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waver(s) because vaccinations(s) not medically appropriate (as indicate above)."

The vaccinations "indicated above" are all because they are not age appropriate for me except my Gardisil Vaccine-- I need the last shot yet. That one reads "Insufficient time interval."

My question is: do I need to obtain this "waiver" for which I might be eligible, or do I automatically get it based on my age and based on the insufficient time interval for my gardisil vaccine? Anyone else experience this?

2004-09-03 : Met at college in USA and went on first date!

2008-01-02 : Married in Canada.

2008-01-07 : DH returns to USA.

2008-04-20 : Finally received marriage certificate from the province and filed 1-130 Petition.

2008-07-08 : I-130 Approved!

2008-09-15 : Received DS-230 and I-864.

2008-10-14: Mailed DS-230 and I-864

2008-10-30: DS-230 and I-864 received by NVC

2008-11-04: RFE

2008-11-18: Overnighted missing documents to NVC

2008-11-26: Case Complete at NVC!!

2008-03-02: Medical in Toronto

2009-03-23: Interview! Approved!

2009-04-04: The big move. POE: Blue Water Bridge. All went well.

2009-04-16: SSN arrives in the mail.

2009-04-24: PR card arrives in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You don't have to do anything to obtain the waiver. It is up to USCIS officer reviewing your AOS file to decide if you need to submit the Vaccination medical sheet or not. I had the exact same information included on my medical and I just ended up sending in a copy of my vaccination worksheet. Even though I got a copy of the vaccinations transcribed onto the medical supplement for the interview, I never had an interview and no further information was requested. So, I think it is most likely that they will automatically provide the medical waiver.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have the exact same as you (we are probably almost the same age!) and need one more Gardisil :)

What Kathryn said sounds right to me from what I've read!

Edited by SapphireDreams

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Woo hoo!!! Duncan got his Medical Results today! Everything looks good, except there is a comment about a blanket waiver regarding a Varicella immunization. Basically, we found out, that once he gets over here, we have to go see a doctor that either test him for being immune to Chicken Pox, or just stick him with a needle for the immunization.

Anyway... another inch closer!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Thanks for the info! I thought that was the case and it is good to have it confirmed. My third immunization for Gardisil is due just a couple weeks after I hope to move... so I am going to see if I can't just get it a few weeks early. That way I can just go to my doctor here and not worry about it.

Woo hoo!!! Duncan got his Medical Results today! Everything looks good, except there is a comment about a blanket waiver regarding a Varicella immunization. Basically, we found out, that once he gets over here, we have to go see a doctor that either test him for being immune to Chicken Pox, or just stick him with a needle for the immunization.

Congrats! I guess he didn't have chicken pox as a child then? I didn't have that Varicella vaccine but I just told them I had chicken pox and that was good enough.

2004-09-03 : Met at college in USA and went on first date!

2008-01-02 : Married in Canada.

2008-01-07 : DH returns to USA.

2008-04-20 : Finally received marriage certificate from the province and filed 1-130 Petition.

2008-07-08 : I-130 Approved!

2008-09-15 : Received DS-230 and I-864.

2008-10-14: Mailed DS-230 and I-864

2008-10-30: DS-230 and I-864 received by NVC

2008-11-04: RFE

2008-11-18: Overnighted missing documents to NVC

2008-11-26: Case Complete at NVC!!

2008-03-02: Medical in Toronto

2009-03-23: Interview! Approved!

2009-04-04: The big move. POE: Blue Water Bridge. All went well.

2009-04-16: SSN arrives in the mail.

2009-04-24: PR card arrives in the mail.

Timeline

Congrats on getting yours done. My husband had his done and he said it took up a lot of the day on Monday. He was so excited to let me know it was over. He picks up his results tomorrow, I think.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline

Just a suggestion - normally they have historically taken a verbal confirmation that the person has either had Chicken Pox or had the vaccine. If you think that you are actually going to have to prove this, based on your research, you may want to suggest to your SO that he either have the vaccination done or have a titer test to prove immunity before he leaves Canada (then it will be covered by his provincial health care).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a suggestion - normally they have historically taken a verbal confirmation that the person has either had Chicken Pox or had the vaccine. If you think that you are actually going to have to prove this, based on your research, you may want to suggest to your SO that he either have the vaccination done or have a titer test to prove immunity before he leaves Canada (then it will be covered by his provincial health care).

Good call on that one! Duncan says that he did say he had had the chicken Pox... but for some reason, this is how we got things back from the Dr.'s office.

When I talk with him tonight, I will suggest that he do the vax before leaving.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.