bowflex

Happy NHL Trade Deadline Day :)

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, I forgot about one. When Miroslav Satan was on the Oilers, I bought his jersey for a friends birthday. It was funny, I got the number 666 on the back of it too. He ended up getting traded to the Sabres that year. Your welcome.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unrelated to the trade deadline, but still hockey related none the less. I have the absolute worst luck in buying hockey sweaters. First one I got, Was a Detroit Red Wings sweater with 24 and Probert name on it for my birthday in 1993. Next year, he signed with the Blackhawks. The next year for x-mas, I had begged my parents for years for a Nordiques sweater. They got me one for X-mas in 1994, and then they transformed into the Avalanche. Several years later, I decided to get myself one for the LA Kings. I had season tickets and was a huge fan. My favorite player was Adam Deadmarsh. I shelled out the $291 for the official jersey, and then he gets a concussion 2 months later and career done.

That is exactly why I NEVER buy customized jerseys! I'm too superstitious for that! Haha. But wow, you even took it a step further with the whole Nordiques/Avalanche thing. That sucks!

As for the Trade Deadline stuff (it's my favourite day of the year... along with Draft Day and Free Agent Frenzy. I'm lame), the Flames are scaring the ####### out of me here. Friggin Jokinen! With all of the moves they've made in the past year or so, they have scary offensive capabilities now, and now they've added more! Blah! I HATE the Flames!!

02/13/09 -

:)

02/19/09 - I-130 mailed out

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

05/07/09 - NVC CASE COMPLETE!

06/23/09 - Received interview appointment letter via email! Yay!

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

08/21/09 - Visa received!

09/11/09 - POE (Alexandria Bay, NY)

09/28/09 - Received Permanent Resident card

06/28/11 - Sent 1-751 to VSC

07/29/11 - Biometrics appointment (OKC)

01/20/12 - I-751 approved!

HUGE deal for the Flames getting Jokinen, well done!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/

Just hand over the Cup to the Flames now! lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/

Just hand over the Cup to the Flames now! lol

Might be a little early, still a little over 2 hours to go.

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

Timeline

Trades are picking up!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I think the Flames are gonna have to make some more moves in the next 2 hours to get back under the cap. Rumour has it that Aucoin will be the one to go...

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

08/19/09 -Interview! SUCCESS!! (Wanna read a ridiculously long interview review? Click the link!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well the Sens got ride of some baggage, though I am not real sure why the Leafs need Gerber...Something must be in the works, maybe a package.

No longer in the hands of the USCIS, for my wife at least, next up MIL.

Well the Sens got ride of some baggage, though I am not real sure why the Leafs need Gerber...Something must be in the works, maybe a package.

They need him because Toskala is having season ending hip/groin surgery, and Pogge's just not ready to take his place, and let's face it... Joseph can't do it. Then again, Gerber isn't very good. Apparently Toskala has been playing injured for all or most of the season.

02/13/09 -

02/27/09 - NOA1

03/19/09 - NOA2

Recchi to Boston. That dude has moves more every year that a goose going south Lol.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A good move by my B's . Recchi comes to play every game and is what we need for our run for the Cup.

He's a seasoned player and will be great leadership for the younger guys in the playoffs. I like this deal a lot

I thought for sure the B's would be looking to deal Manny Fernandez.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I used to be a fan of the Atlanta Thrashers because the tickets were $3 and I have a "thing" for Eastern European men over 6' and 200 pounds. I'm specific.

My grandmother lives near Tampa and we would go see the Florida Panthers play (again for $3) because $3 is totally worth is for 3+ hours of air conditioning!

:D

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Timeline

No huge surprises today. Thought the trades made were very wise ones for the most part

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I hate the rumour of Bieksa, Raymond and a 1st rounder for Bouwmeester. If that deal goes down, I'll probably cry. Bieksa is my FAVOURITE! Plus, that's way too much to give up for a rental player.

Looks like this one didn't go through anyway, so no crying for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.