40 posts in this topic

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

We still have to work that out, hon. She wants to have a few days to say goodbye to family and several of friends, which I want her to do also. My thoughts right now are to get her over here somewhere between the 16th and the 19th. We agreed to talk about it once she got back to her parents' home, which is on the Belarus/Poland border, about 4 hours away from Minsk. She has to hang out in Minsk until tomorrow afternoon, her visa won't be ready until 3. So, we'll probably discuss a specific travel itinerary either tomorrow night or Friday.

I definitely want a family reunion with you all as soon as you get your sweethearts here.

And, of course, I'll continue to keep you in the loop about the next stage - how she adjusts, the AOS & employment phase, and all of that other good stuff. I'm also going to regularly pop in and see how you all are doing. I really hope NVC and the embassy goes smooth for you.

It's been hard to work today. I'm in this really weird state of over-the-top relief, disbelief, and quiet excitement. I think the school-kid enthusiasm will hit me on the day of her flight to the States.

Take care, dear..

C

So when will she fly out? Hopefully soon!!!

Definitely dinner and drinks for you all! My treat! But don't forget...still having the big bash K3 party/reunion once our spouses are here. :D

Thanks Zee Bee!!

C

Congratulations :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations!!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Lisa thanks to you, and thanks to you Narnia, and waithatter, and all of you cool people.

Definitely big dinner and drinks at the table, Narnia.

Crazy thing - I woke up out of a dead sleep at 3:25 am. That was about 5 minutes after she finished her interview. She waited until 6:30 my time to call - she said she didn't want to wake me up.

I told her, "I think it would have been OK to wake me up for this one."

Big hugs & kisses.

CJ

Chris, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking about you guys last night..I wasnt sure what time her interview was but I figured it woudl be sometime in the middle of last night our time.

Im SO happy that she will be coming home soon.

And you ,my brother held us together too :luv:

Lisa

and yes...dinner for six ;)

:lol: YEP it definitely warrants a waking up! I don't believe I will sleep at all the night of the interview. Will definitely pull an all nighter and then crash afterwards, and I bet if the news is good, I would keep going like the energizer bunny :yes:

BIG CONGRATULATIONS! TRULY EXCITING! :dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

So this was a visa for K3 and you guys followed the I 129F route not I 130 correct?

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hey GS, thank you very much! To answer your question, yes, we focused on the K-3 from the beginning, mainly because of logistics. She could interview for the K-3 in her home country (Minsk, Belarus), while a CR-1 interview would have required her going to Warsaw, Poland. While Warsaw is actually a little closer to her home than Minsk, she would have needed an additional travel visa to go to Poland. Residents of Russia and Belarus cannot travel to Poland anymore without travel visas.

We did start considering the CR-1 route when NVC mis-routed her packet to the wrong embassy, because it took so long to A} get NVC to admit they had made a mistake, B} follow up on the problem, and C} wait for the packet to get re-routed to Minsk. Like I mentioned before, that last "circus" basically cost us an additional six weeks of waiting.

Again, I really appreciate the thanks and support. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey as well.

CJ

Edited by cjgator

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hey GS, thank you very much! To answer your question, yes, we focused on the K-3 from the beginning, mainly because of logistics. She could interview for the K-3 in her home country (Minsk, Belarus), while a CR-1 interview would have required her going to Warsaw, Poland. While Warsaw is actually a little closer to her home than Minsk, she would have needed an additional travel visa to go to Poland. Residents of Russia and Belarus cannot travel to Poland anymore without travel visas.

We did start considering the CR-1 route when NVC mis-routed her packet to the wrong embassy, because it took so long to A} get NVC to admit they had made a mistake, B} follow up on the problem, and C} wait for the packet to get re-routed to Minsk. Like I mentioned before, that last "circus" basically cost us an additional six weeks of waiting.

Again, I really appreciate the thanks and support. I wish you all the best of luck in your journey as well.

CJ

Thanks for your response C. Always nice to see a VSC member getting to that point in time with visa in hand. 300+ days!! You two deserve all the happiness coming ur way! What a wait! Enjoy the rewards as I am sure u will :)

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

COngratuations! :dance:

Hey Sonia, thanks for the congrats.

Well, she said the first thing the consular officer did is apologize to her for the process having taken so long. I thought that was very classy on CO's part. She then said that the CO quickly looked over her paperwork (DS 156, I-134, Police Birth Marriage Certificates), and asked her three questions: When did you meet your husband, where did you meet him, and how did you come to know him? After she answered those three questions, the CO told her everything was fine, and she could pick up her passport with visa after 3 pm local time on Thursday. She said the whole process took about 15 minutes once she got into the CO's office.

good luck.

BTW - thank you also espos and seren..you all are part of this great K3 group. All my best..

Natasha passed her interview 4 hours ago. She said it was very brief, officer was very nice. She'll get the visa tomorrow after 3 pm Minsk time.

I'll update the VJ timeline later, but for those of you keeping score:

Time from Marriage to Visa: 1 year, 4 days.

Time from I-130 NOA 1 to Visa: 341 days

Time from I-129F NOA 1 to Visa: 334 days

Time from I-130 NOA 2 to Visa: 72 days

Time from I-129F NOA 2 to Visa: 71 days

I'm very happy, but I offer NO thanks to the USCIS system that made this wait so long and the NVC staff who screwed up our package transfer to the embassy, adding an extra six weeks to the wait. YOUR SYSTEM IS BROKEN - HORRIBLY.

Kudos to the Consular staff at American Embassy Minsk. They were awesome, and they did their best to re-assure us and make up for NVC's f-ups.

God knows I hope the Obama administration does something to make this process work better.

And, for any of you who want to defend USCIS and leave a smarmy response about my hammering them (there are a few ususal suspects on here who typically do), I have a message: GO POUND SAND. I don't care what you think.

Finally: Lisa, Narnia, and all of my K3 friends who gave great advice and kept me quasi-sane through this completely insane process, you all deserve the majority of the credit for getting us to this point. For those of you who are finally with your spouses, I'm very happy for you, and for those who are still waiting, I hope it ends soon for you. You deserve it.

-CJ

Congrats CJ...Well, what was ur wife asked in the interview? Please post these things, so that we can prepare ourselves...

Again...Wish a very happy married life in US...

Sonia

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!! :star:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.