Ken&Barbie

Late and Stressed Out

51 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agreed, excellent work!

Highly unlikely that you'll get an RFE or request for an interview with all that, unless you are one of the lucky ones selected as part of the QA process, which is in itself against the odds. Methinks you'll be just fine.

Timeline

I-130

February 13, 2006: I-130 filed (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland).

April 18, 2006: Interview date received.

May 02, 2006: Interview (US Embassy, Dublin, Ireland). Visa approved.

June 14, 2006: Moved to Charlotte, NC.

July 20, 2006: 'Welcome to the United States' letter received.

July 21, 2006: Applied for SSN.

July 29, 2006: SSN received.

September 05, 2006: 2 year Permanent Resident card received.

I-751

April 09, 2008: Mailed I-751 to TSC.

April 15, 2008: Check cashed.

April 16, 2008: Case transferred to VSC.

April 23, 2008: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 10, 2008: Biometrics appointment.

June 28, 2008: Moved to Clearwater, FL (Filed AR-11 and I-865).

March 04,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card production ordered.

March 13,2009: 10 year Permanent Resident card received.

N-400

April 24, 2009: Mailed N-400 to TX Lockbox.

April 30, 2009: NOA1 Notice date.

May 11, 2009: Biometrics appointment letter received.

May 16, 2009: Biometrics complete (walk-in).

June 04, 2009: Interview letter received.

July 23, 2009: Interview.

July 23, 2009: Oath. I am a US citizen!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job! :thumbs:

Now the waiting begins: wait for the NOA, wait for the bio. appt. letter, wait for the date of bio. appt. to do fingerprints (if you have that kind of patience, I just walked in), pray for no RFE or interview, then the long haul for the result. :unsure:

Thanks Jasminelily....!!!!! Quick question when does your 2 yr GC expire? I noticed you said your eligible for Naturalization January 2010...

Agreed, excellent work!

Highly unlikely that you'll get an RFE or request for an interview with all that, unless you are one of the lucky ones selected as part of the QA process, which is in itself against the odds. Methinks you'll be just fine.

Thanks.........I truly hope so........cos I intend to apply for naturalization in December 2009........lol!

I-751

Been a Conditional Resident Since March, 2007

03/09/2009 - Used USPS Express Overnight Mail to mail my package to VSC

03/11/2009 - USPS Confirms delivery of my package to VSC, Signed by D Renault

03/12/2009 - Notice of Receipt Date

03/14/2009 - 2 Yr Conditional Green Card Expired - Waiting for NOA with One Year Extension

03/21/2009 - Received Notice in Mail with One Year Extension

03/25/2009 - Biometrics Notice Date

03/30/2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for 04/08/2009

04/08/2009 - Completed Biometrics

04/09/2009 - Touched............Now the wait begins..........Still waiting.....

08/21/2009 - Received letter of approval in the mail!!! Oh happy day!! Dated 08/17/2009

09/20/2009 - Received 10 Year Green Card...Woohoo!!!

12/14/2009 - Eligible to File for Naturalization

Naturalization Journey Begins:

05/14/2010 - Used USPS Express Mail to mail my package to Lewisville, TX

05/24/2010 - Notice of Receipt Date

05/26/2010 - USCIS confirms Acceptance via sms and email

06/14/2010 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice for 07/01/2010

06/29/2010 - Completed Biometrics - Walk in

08/02/2010 - Got Yellow Letter

08/09/2010 - Got Interview Letter Scheduled for 09/08/2010

09/08/2010 - Interview Date.....

09/08/2010 - Approved!!! Same Day Oath!!!!

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Good job! :thumbs:

Now the waiting begins: wait for the NOA, wait for the bio. appt. letter, wait for the date of bio. appt. to do fingerprints (if you have that kind of patience, I just walked in), pray for no RFE or interview, then the long haul for the result. :unsure:

Thanks Jasminelily....!!!!! Quick question when does your 2 yr GC expire? I noticed you said your eligible for Naturalization January 2010...

Agreed, excellent work!

Thanks.........I truly hope so........cos I intend to apply for naturalization in December 2009........lol!

Mine 2 yr GC is going to expire April this year 09. I'm eligible for naturalization because I'm using the 3 yrs residence minus 90 days rule. But I may not file right away, that depends on when we're going to get 2009 tax done during year 2010, probably around April as well just in case they're processing too fast. Why I say that? I heard people take forever to get their first green card, I got it within 90 days from filing, I mean the interview was on the 84 or 86 days (don't remember exactly) from RD. So if I file on January, may be they'll call me to interview on April, but could be a day or a week before I got the exact 3 yrs residence, then they'll make me wait, they might ask me to come back for second interview, or I'm afraid that I would never heard from them again, you know how USCIS works. So I might as well just wait till I actually reached the 3 yrs residency before I file, well may be in late February or late March, I bet they won't call you to interview within 60 days or 30 days. Well... we'll see.

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Mine 2 yr GC is going to expire April this year 09. I'm eligible for naturalization because I'm using the 3 yrs residence minus 90 days rule. But I may not file right away, that depends on when we're going to get 2009 tax done during year 2010, probably around April as well just in case they're processing too fast. Why I say that? I heard people take forever to get their first green card, I got it within 90 days from filing, I mean the interview was on the 84 or 86 days (don't remember exactly) from RD. So if I file on January, may be they'll call me to interview on April, but could be a day or a week before I got the exact 3 yrs residence, then they'll make me wait, they might ask me to come back for second interview, or I'm afraid that I would never heard from them again, you know how USCIS works. So I might as well just wait till I actually reached the 3 yrs residency before I file, well may be in late February or late March, I bet they won't call you to interview within 60 days or 30 days. Well... we'll see.

Wow, I never thought of that.....Cos I was gonna file in December, cos I would be eligible on December 14th using the 3 yrs residence minus 90 days rule.....But if they call me before March 14th, then they wouldnt give it to me.....hmmm....Well, I think I will check the processing timeframe around that time to see if they are processing fast to decide if i should file or not....a friend of mine just got his naturalization and he filed 90 days exactly...He got his 2 weeks ago, but when he filed, he hadnt filed taxes for 2008......he filed 2008 taxes before the interview but after he applied for naturalization! So he took the tax return papers with him to the interview, infact he hadnt even filed his 2007 taxes....?!

Well, we should stay in touch since our dates are really close and we can figure out whether to file or not.....! :unsure: I really want to get everything done ASAP and be over and done with USCIS! :dance:

I-751

03/14/2009 - 2 Yr Conditional Green Card Expired - Waiting for NOA with One Year Extension

08/21/2009 - Received letter of approval in the mail!!! Oh happy day!! Dated 08/17/2009

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Wow, I never thought of that.....Cos I was gonna file in December, cos I would be eligible on December 14th using the 3 yrs residence minus 90 days rule.....But if they call me before March 14th, then they wouldnt give it to me.....hmmm....Well, I think I will check the processing timeframe around that time to see if they are processing fast to decide if i should file or not....a friend of mine just got his naturalization and he filed 90 days exactly...He got his 2 weeks ago, but when he filed, he hadnt filed taxes for 2008......he filed 2008 taxes before the interview but after he applied for naturalization! So he took the tax return papers with him to the interview, infact he hadnt even filed his 2007 taxes....?!

Well, we should stay in touch since our dates are really close and we can figure out whether to file or not.....! :unsure: I really want to get everything done ASAP and be over and done with USCIS! :dance:

Yea... I always think too much, sometimes paranoid. I started that crazy "how many months files/who are being transferred from VSC to CSC" theory. I really hope they won't send me to Gitmo for having conspiracy on a federal agency, I mean USCIS is a branch of Homeland Security for Christ's sake.

I want to be done with USCIS as soon as possible too, but now that I read on other forums, some people are having trouble for their relatives to get visitor visa after they became citizen because that could create a tendency for immigration, like the relatives get the visitor visa, then when they land on USA, they immidiately file for immigration, then they never have to leave. Well... my parents don't want to immigrate here, but they do want to visit me sometimes, I think I will have babies by the end of 2010 or definitely 2011. So if they got deny visitor visa because of me became a citizen, I would feel bad and would not know what to do except I go back to visit them, but that would be kind of hard if I want to bring the baby along, it would be easier for my parents to travel than me traveling with baby. So now I'm not sure if I really want to file naturlization or not, but I also don't want any more trouble with USCIS. I guess we'll see, when there's a barrier in life, we just have to cross it or go around it, there's got to be a way.

I'm also worrying about if I would be able to get a passport or not after I became citizen, because my husband owes student loans to the federal government. When he applied for passport, he got denied because they're afraid that he might flee the country and never come back and they won't get the loan money back. Every year the gov't intercept his tax return money to go towards pay off the student loan before the money gets to his pocket. So now that I'm married to him, the federal government might think that I owe them money too because of share responsibility. One thing I know is that I live in Texas, which is a community property state, we filed married joint federal tax return, we also have to file a form called the "injured spouse allocation". Which seperates our responsibility so I can get my portion of the tax return money because his loan was obtained long before we're married, so I'm not suppose to be responsible for his debt. He has bad credit because of that and everything is under my name because he couldn't get anything without deposit or high interest rate, also caused us to have little difficulties on coming up with bona fide marriage evidence. I hope they would apply the same "injured spouse" rule when I apply the US passport. May be I'm really paranoid, but it's highly possible they would deny my passport application. If anyone is reading this has any suggestion, please feel free to voice it. But please do not suggest a divorce, we truly love each other and will not be seperated because of stupid reason of trying to get around the gov't rules. If they really deny me a passport and also deny my parents' visitor visa, I would rather keep the green card for 8 more years until my husband loan reaches the statue of limitation, so the gov't can't ask him to pay back anymore before I filed naturalization, as far as I'm looking at it he is never going to finish paying it off because he defaulted the loan many years back when he lost his job back then, even before we met. But I guess we'll never know if they're gonna deny me the passport or my parents' visitor visa until I actually got naturalized, so I'm really not sure if I actually want to file naturalization.

By the way, I added you on the friend's list, you can add me too. It's good to know some friends outside family or job. I mean we're both immigrants, probably facing similar situations, we would be able to understand each other better.

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

By the way, sorry I got carry away from telling my stuff, the N-400 processing time is based on local filed office, which is the first option when you go the this web site. I would look at Houston, TX, currently 5 months. What about yours?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Yea... I always think too much, sometimes paranoid. I started that crazy "how many months files/who are being transferred from VSC to CSC" theory. I really hope they won't send me to Gitmo for having conspiracy on a federal agency, I mean USCIS is a branch of Homeland Security for Christ's sake.

I want to be done with USCIS as soon as possible too, but now that I read on other forums, some people are having trouble for their relatives to get visitor visa after they became citizen because that could create a tendency for immigration, like the relatives get the visitor visa, then when they land on USA, they immidiately file for immigration, then they never have to leave. Well... my parents don't want to immigrate here, but they do want to visit me sometimes, I think I will have babies by the end of 2010 or definitely 2011. So if they got deny visitor visa because of me became a citizen, I would feel bad and would not know what to do except I go back to visit them, but that would be kind of hard if I want to bring the baby along, it would be easier for my parents to travel than me traveling with baby. So now I'm not sure if I really want to file naturlization or not, but I also don't want any more trouble with USCIS. I guess we'll see, when there's a barrier in life, we just have to cross it or go around it, there's got to be a way.

I'm also worrying about if I would be able to get a passport or not after I became citizen, because my husband owes student loans to the federal government. When he applied for passport, he got denied because they're afraid that he might flee the country and never come back and they won't get the loan money back. Every year the gov't intercept his tax return money to go towards pay off the student loan before the money gets to his pocket. So now that I'm married to him, the federal government might think that I owe them money too because of share responsibility. One thing I know is that I live in Texas, which is a community property state, we filed married joint federal tax return, we also have to file a form called the "injured spouse allocation". Which seperates our responsibility so I can get my portion of the tax return money because his loan was obtained long before we're married, so I'm not suppose to be responsible for his debt. He has bad credit because of that and everything is under my name because he couldn't get anything without deposit or high interest rate, also caused us to have little difficulties on coming up with bona fide marriage evidence. I hope they would apply the same "injured spouse" rule when I apply the US passport. May be I'm really paranoid, but it's highly possible they would deny my passport application. If anyone is reading this has any suggestion, please feel free to voice it. But please do not suggest a divorce, we truly love each other and will not be seperated because of stupid reason of trying to get around the gov't rules. If they really deny me a passport and also deny my parents' visitor visa, I would rather keep the green card for 8 more years until my husband loan reaches the statue of limitation, so the gov't can't ask him to pay back anymore before I filed naturalization, as far as I'm looking at it he is never going to finish paying it off because he defaulted the loan many years back when he lost his job back then, even before we met. But I guess we'll never know if they're gonna deny me the passport or my parents' visitor visa until I actually got naturalized, so I'm really not sure if I actually want to file naturalization.

By the way, I added you on the friend's list, you can add me too. It's good to know some friends outside family or job. I mean we're both immigrants, probably facing similar situations, we would be able to understand each other better.

jasminelily,

I was really moved by your comments. We immigrants have to go through a lot of pain. Life is not easy but USCIS makes it even harder for us. Also, It's really strange that your GC expires in April and mine too and both are in Texas and also applied with few weeks of difference. Please add me as a friend if you would like.

Btw you are doing a great job by contributing to this forum. Thanks on behalf of all the readers for doing that.

Now to your comments.

Marriage is not easy especially for the one whose immigration depends on it because they have work harder on it than others. But long story short, hang in there, we all worried and get paranoid just like you because we all have thoughts of denial or are anxiously waiting for the approval because our lives depend on it and it's last step for us to apply for citizenship.

I can from your comment

when there's a barrier in life, we just have to cross it or go around it, there's got to be a way.
you are optimistic which is good and optimism wins in the end. We all have to fight our battles and wars and have to go through hurdles. So please like you said work on your marrige and stayed married and think what can you do to make things better or how can contribute to have his loans gone. Sorry i tried to give too much advice or try indulge in your matter but i think you have the courage and stamina to get done with it. Wish you good luck for your future.

No Struggle, No Pain... No Victory :)

Hello Immigrant2009,

Thanks for all your encouragement and kind words! I added you to my friends list.

I'm more of a pessimistic person before I met my husband, I would always get worry easily and paranoid and he's so optimistic, he told me that he's here with me and things will always work their way out at the end. I think positive and negative attracts each other. We balance ourselves. He will think best scenario and I would think worst case scenario, then we would do situation assessment to make the decision. But for right now, we still don't know if we want to file for my natualization yet, we've decided to deal with it when time comes in a year, but more tend to just do it and if the worse case situations like I worried would come up, we'll deal with it when it comes.

I agree with no pain no victory. It's just not my kind to wait for something to fall off the sky. I always say if we don't help ourselves, God himself cannot help us. VSC is too slow, lots of people's life depends on that 10 yr GC because some companies only hire people when they think it's worth a long term investment, that piece of NOA 1 yr extension letter just hinders people to get a good job, especially in this economy. There's one more thing to consider while I'm talking about VSC, if they don't give me my 10 yr GC by the time my 90 day window open for naturalization, you bet I'm gonna to file naturalization right away. USCIS increased the rate and work slower, just doesn't make any sense. Well... I guess that's life, just have to deal with it.

By the way, I'm gonna try to send in more evidences after we file tax and get the IRS transcript this year, hope that would shake the case loose. I wish you luck too!

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Okay, there is a lot I have to comment on.....

I have to say, I think you worry but for good reasons, its good to stay alert and consider all options before you make a decision.....this way you will make the best decision. I do not believe that they would deny you a passport because of the debt that your husband has....even if they do, at least you would have the naturalization certificate to prove your citizenship which would count for a lot. I don't think the idea of being denied a passport should hinder you from applying for naturalization......

But I can understand the part of the family, me too I will be ready to have babies by the end of next year or 2011 and I will definitely want my mum to be here to take care of me when I am pregnant.....she doesn't want to live here but she would want to be around when I am pregnant for a few months...

I never really thought of the idea but my brother got denied a visa last year to come for my graduation....I never thought it was because I got married and became permanent resident, but that might be the reason, because they never told him why....?!

It is definitely interesting to think of all this things....if you have not mentioned it, i would have never known.

My husband too had issues when we got married he owed tax money in 1999 and then he never filed his taxes for 6 years.....I had to prepare everything for him and I took care of it, if it wasnt for me he would have owed more than $10,000 in tax money....but now everything is almost over, we had to prepare some years tax return twice for him not to owe any money, now i think they owe him back some money.

But we go through a lot of issues when we (immigrants) come here....so i understand what you are going through. I had to make sure everything was okay before i could file joint taxes with him so the govt does not take my own money too.

But i think i will still file for naturalization in december 2009......i really want to be done.....

By the way, sorry I got carry away from telling my stuff, the N-400 processing time is based on local filed office, which is the first option when you go the this web site. I would look at Houston, TX, currently 5 months. What about yours?

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp

In Atlanta, which is my local office, it also says 5 months.....so i believe since its 5 months, if i file in december, they wont call me until april or may and my 3 years will be march, so i should be okay.......

also, i was gonna say, i think you should still file for naturalization in january, because if the us embassy will deny your family form visiting you because you naturalized, they would still deny even if u hold 10 year gc. Cos my brother got denied even with my GC, so i am sure its the same with naturalization.....but i know people who have naturalized and their family were still able to visit, you have to to show very very strong evidence of ties to your home country and they will allow your family to come and visit you.....i even thought that if i get pregnant, i will travel home and go with my mum to embassy for her interview to make sure she gets the visa..... :P i dont know if that would help though...but anyway, i will deal with that when the time comes...........but i dont think that will stop me from applying for naturalization because its the same thing with gc as long as you got it through marriage.

jasminelily,

I was really moved by your comments. We immigrants have to go through a lot of pain. Life is not easy but USCIS makes it even harder for us.

No Struggle, No Pain... No Victory :)

I agree!!!!!!!!!

I agree with no pain no victory. It's just not my kind to wait for something to fall off the sky. I always say if we don't help ourselves, God himself cannot help us. VSC is too slow, lots of people's life depends on that 10 yr GC because some companies only hire people when they think it's worth a long term investment, that piece of NOA 1 yr extension letter just hinders people to get a good job, especially in this economy. There's one more thing to consider while I'm talking about VSC, if they don't give me my 10 yr GC by the time my 90 day window open for naturalization, you bet I'm gonna to file naturalization right away. USCIS increased the rate and work slower, just doesn't make any sense. Well... I guess that's life, just have to deal with it.

By the way, I'm gonna try to send in more evidences after we file tax and get the IRS transcript this year, hope that would shake the case loose. I wish you luck too!

Youre right too, employers dont want to give you jobs with 2 yr gc and some jobs even require you to be us citizen. i want to go to law school next year and some scholarships require us citizen before you can get it, that is one of the reason, that i want to apply and be done with citizenship before august next year when law school will start. i want to be an immigration lawyer and help people like us. i have been through so much hassle and i feel like i should help people in similar situations..............

anyway, i heard that when you apply for naturalization and u haven't rec'd 10 yr gc, they expedite your 751 application so that they can start working on your naturalization application.........thats what someone who works with immigration told us. so i think ur right, but i know with some cases being transfered to CSC maybe we will be lucky and get ours in 11 months !!!!!!! thats my prayer.

Also, you said you will send in more evidence? why and how?

I thought you can only send in more evidence when you get RFE?

Or do you mean when you apply for naturalization, you will send more evidence?

I-751

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Also, you said you will send in more evidence? why and how?

I thought you can only send in more evidence when you get RFE?

Or do you mean when you apply for naturalization, you will send more evidence?

Hello Ken&Barbie,

Yea, I want to send in married joint IRS transcript for year 2008, plus some extra recent utilities bills. I read somewhere in this forum, someone had this theory (don't remember exactly where), that may be if you send in some more evidences, then VSC will have to dig up my file to put them together, may be then the IO would think they should just approve the case now since I'm making the effort. It may or may not work, just gonna try.

In the NOA letter, it said that we need to submit supporting evidence, and if we haven't done so, we need to make a copy of the NOA letter plus whatever else evidence that we have, then send it in. So I think you can still send in more evidence without RFE.

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Yea, I want to send in married joint IRS transcript for year 2008, plus some extra recent utilities bills. I read somewhere in this forum, someone had this theory (don't remember exactly where), that may be if you send in some more evidences, then VSC will have to dig up my file to put them together, may be then the IO would think they should just approve the case now since I'm making the effort. It may or may not work, just gonna try.

In the NOA letter, it said that we need to submit supporting evidence, and if we haven't done so, we need to make a copy of the NOA letter plus whatever else evidence that we have, then send it in. So I think you can still send in more evidence without RFE.

Wow, that actually makes sense, I still have not received NOA letter, so I didn't know that. I think, I will do that possibly in June or July, that way it will be more likely that IO will approve it, knowing it has been in their office since March.....

Great idea!!!

In the meantime, we wait!!!!!!

I-751

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Hello Ken&Barbie,

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=185545

Someone actually got the interview date and be done with oath ceremony for the last step (naturalization) within 3 months. Sounds like my worrying checked out. Better be careful not the file right away when the 3 years minus 90 days come, better start filing may be 3 years minus 80 days or even 60 days to be on the safe side. Phew!

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

Hello Ken&Barbie,

Someone actually got the interview date and be done with oath ceremony for the last step (naturalization) within 3 months. Sounds like my worrying checked out. Better be careful not the file right away when the 3 years minus 90 days come, better start filing may be 3 years minus 80 days or even 60 days to be on the safe side. Phew!

Wow, you were right. Okay, I better wait and file 60 days then, that will be in January. I hope with the transfers to CSC, VSC will move a lot faster too. I read somewhere on this forum though that if your 751 hasnt been approved when you file for N400, that your naturalization application forces a decision on your 751. If VSC doesnt move any faster, I hope it wont get to that point when my turn comes. I really hope I get NOA soon...anyway....

Please keep in touch and if you read about anything new on the boards, please post it up here........

I-751

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Hello Ken&Barbie,

Wow, you were right. Okay, I better wait and file 60 days then, that will be in January. I hope with the transfers to CSC, VSC will move a lot faster too. I read somewhere on this forum though that if your 751 hasnt been approved when you file for N400, that your naturalization application forces a decision on your 751. If VSC doesnt move any faster, I hope it wont get to that point when my turn comes. I really hope I get NOA soon...anyway....

Please keep in touch and if you read about anything new on the boards, please post it up here........

I think you're going to receive your NOA in the mail today. Like mine, I mailed it out on 1/28, USPS track said the package arrived 1/29, the date on my NOA is 1/30, it arrived in my mail box 2/5, so 6 days. Yours arrived that 3/11, then the NOA date is probably 3/12, add 6 days = 3/18, which is today. I'm trusting my guts!

N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

I think you're going to receive your NOA in the mail today. Like mine, I mailed it out on 1/28, USPS track said the package arrived 1/29, the date on my NOA is 1/30, it arrived in my mail box 2/5, so 6 days. Yours arrived that 3/11, then the NOA date is probably 3/12, add 6 days = 3/18, which is today. I'm trusting my guts!

Okay, well I am trusting your guts too!!! LOL! :hehe: I will check the mail on my way to work. Can I ask you a question? Did you get married abroad or engaged and then came here? As K-1?

I-751

OFFICIALLY A US CITIZEN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.