sammills89

Independent Medical Evaluation

18 posts in this topic

Ok... If he was never diagnosed then what he needs to say is that he was "investigated for bi-polar disorder but was not diagnosed." Obviously he still needs to fully disclose all of the circumstances but make sure that the panel physician understands that no real (recorded) diagnosis was ever made. There's a difference between 'has bi-polar disorder' and 'may have bi-polar disorder' :)

Adjustment of Status from K-1 (Very abridged version)

05/20/08 - POE: Chicago O'Hare

07/18/08 - Married

08/30/08 - I-485/I-765 mailed...

03/17/09 - Card production ordered (no notification received!)

03/26/09 - Green card received (196 days)

Removal of Conditions

02/15/11 - I-751 mailed to VSC...

02/22/11 - NOA1 (received 03/03/11)

04/04/11 - Biometrics appt (notice received 03/19/11)

08/22/11 - * * * t u m b l e w e e d s * * * (T+6 months and counting)

09/20/11 - Service Request #1

10/26/11 - Service Request #2

11/29/11 - Interview @ Atlanta Field Office - Approved & I-551 stamped

12/07/11 - Card production ordered

12/10/11 - Green card received (293 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Ok... If he was never diagnosed then what he needs to say is that he was "investigated for bi-polar disorder but was not diagnosed." Obviously he still needs to fully disclose all of the circumstances but make sure that the panel physician understands that no real (recorded) diagnosis was ever made. There's a difference between 'has bi-polar disorder' and 'may have bi-polar disorder' :)

That's a really good point, thank you so much! I never thought about it that way at all but as you said there is a big difference between the two. I will make sure my fiance gets a letter from his GP explaining his mental health at the moment and outlining any previous medication and fingers crossed it will go well. Thank you again!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's a really good point, thank you so much! I never thought about it that way at all but as you said there is a big difference between the two. I will make sure my fiance gets a letter from his GP explaining his mental health at the moment and outlining any previous medication and fingers crossed it will go well. Thank you again!

helllo,

well i went through all this as i used to have depression years ago, and thought well its best to be honest and told all at my medical interview. I was referred to my GP to get the low down on the episodes in letter, and to fax it to Knightsbridge doctors, and I did this. I spent £70 for two letters, ( because the first one wasnt comprehensive enough and i had mentioned things in the interview that the letter didnt cover) i was then told by the Irish guy that I would have to have a Psychiatric evaluation. I couldnt believe it. He gave me some names, and i rang the first one HE gave me. This btw was a friend of his. who charges £450 for the evaluation and another £200 for the write up. Do what i did, ring the Priory in south london ( or NOrth london) if you are up here. They charge between £250 - £280 for the evaluation and the write up. I went to the Priory in Southgate. Saw a Dr Vik Watts. lovely guy. and very understanding he will do his best to help you. You can find the priory tel no online. the main thing is know what you are up against. The US doesnt want anyone who is going to be a drain on finances, or a danger to themselves or others, so if your fiance can show that the depression is under control and not a danger to anyone there will be no problem.

After I got all my evaluation done, my papers were sent to the Embassy. My interview is in three weeks.

all the best

p

4650093_bodyshot_300x400_1285472169089.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.