peaches1313

Urgent help!!! n 400 Interview and tax marriage problem

51 posts in this topic

Let me update, I am going to ammend this week, the CPA has it ready and he told me to take it directly in person to the IRS office to have it stamped that they received it, which happens to be on the first floor where I am having my interview! . So Im going hoping this is enough for the IO to see, you think he will see it as bad that I have amend my filing status, Im going to say I did a mistake and found out after I filed the N 400. :blush: Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I filed, but not jointly or married, I filed head of household 2 years and 1 as single...

It is sad to think that you want to become a US citizen but are not willing to play by the rules. Everybody knows not to mess with the IRS.

Can't say what the IO is going to think. Personally that would be a flag to me, but people do make mistakes. I also see it as you correcting your mistake and hopefully not going to do it again. That's why they have the process of amending tax returns for people who make mistakes. =) Good luck

My Citizenship Timeline

Service Center : Nebraska

CIS Office : St Paul, MN

Date Filed : 2008-07-31

NOA Date : 2008-08-06

Bio.Rcvd Date : 2008-08-15

Bio. Appt. : 2008-08-28

Interview Date : 2008-12-08

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Oath Letter Rcvd: 2009-04-03

Oath Ceremony : 2009-04-30

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

Yes I filed, but not jointly or married, I filed head of household 2 years and 1 as single...

It is sad to think that you want to become a US citizen but are not willing to play by the rules. Everybody knows not to mess with the IRS.

Oh c'mon now don't be so harsh. People make mistakes everyday, I'm sure you do too. I know I do =)

My Citizenship Timeline

Approved : YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Final Approval 2009-03-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!File is in line for Oath Schedule

Total Time So Far: 9 months, 0 days ..WooHoo!!!!!!!! Can You Hear The Sarcasm =)

Oh c'mon now don't be so harsh. People make mistakes everyday, I'm sure you do too. I know I do =)

We are not harsh. I am sure the they both filed head of household so that they'll have more deductions!

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

We are not harsh. I am sure the they both filed head of household so that they'll have more deductions!

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

case complete 8/18/10

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

case complete 8/18/10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Peaches is trying to correct it, good for her. But our tax system is unreasonably complicated, 11,000 pages of tax rules and over 1,025 different forms, this is crazy. Have a 4 by 12 foot counter in my kitchen, that is mine during tax time, the only space large enough to sort out the hundreds of papers. Wife says, I don't even understand how you can do that, and knows I cannot be interrupted with that task that we are all faced with one time per year. What will I do if anything happens to you? Can only tell her to hire a professional.

If Peaches would like to share how she got on this trend, that is her business, but she came here for help, so let's help her. Immigration is not quite as complicated, but very complicated indeed. I am really lost when going down to Venezuela, not only a different system, but a different language, can really feel for the people coming here when we have one of the most complicated systems in the world. Shouldn't be that way, and I really have developed a strong hate for our agency system. By the way, we have over 1,525 governmental agencies, that is really crazy.

Ha, have a friend that was looking to buy an island to get away from all this #######, but apparently many other are, while having lots of money, just not enough.

When I first came to this board, found it very friendly and helpful, let's keep it that way.

Um yeah that's harsh. She looking for help and some of you are being harsh. People screw up all the time. I'm sure you don't follow every rule in the book. Yes they might have clamied more deductions, but now they have learned their lesson, and getting it fixed. Offer help people, this is why the site was created. So KoKo if you needed help and you messed up, would you rather people be nice to you and help you or tell you, you screwed up and offer no help? Doesn't hurt to be nice :)

Peaches is trying to correct it, good for her. But our tax system is unreasonably complicated, 11,000 pages of tax rules and over 1,025 different forms, this is crazy. Have a 4 by 12 foot counter in my kitchen, that is mine during tax time, the only space large enough to sort out the hundreds of papers. Wife says, I don't even understand how you can do that, and knows I cannot be interrupted with that task that we are all faced with one time per year. What will I do if anything happens to you? Can only tell her to hire a professional.

If Peaches would like to share how she got on this trend, that is her business, but she came here for help, so let's help her. Immigration is not quite as complicated, but very complicated indeed. I am really lost when going down to Venezuela, not only a different system, but a different language, can really feel for the people coming here when we have one of the most complicated systems in the world. Shouldn't be that way, and I really have developed a strong hate for our agency system. By the way, we have over 1,525 governmental agencies, that is really crazy.

Ha, have a friend that was looking to buy an island to get away from all this #######, but apparently many other are, while having lots of money, just not enough.

When I first came to this board, found it very friendly and helpful, let's keep it that way.

Thanks Nick

My Citizenship Timeline

Um yeah that's harsh. She looking for help and some of you are being harsh. People screw up all the time. I'm sure you don't follow every rule in the book. Yes they might have clamied more deductions, but now they have learned their lesson, and getting it fixed. Offer help people, this is why the site was created. So KoKo if you needed help and you messed up, would you rather people be nice to you and help you or tell you, you screwed up and offer no help? Doesn't hurt to be nice :)

Thanks Nick

Yeah, this forum is very good help to everybody. But if people go to this forum to find help to cheat the gov't, then that is not good! It's like helping illegal immigrants to be US Citizen. Tha's all!

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

case complete 8/18/10

That's the thing thou, she's not looking for help to cheat the goverment. She's looking for help on how to correct the mistake they made. :)

My Citizenship Timeline

That's the thing thou, she's not looking for help to cheat the goverment. She's looking for help on how to correct the mistake they made. :)

yeah, but the mistake that she did,that wasn't a mistake . It was done intentionally to cheat the govt. Why would you put single when you are married? Isn't that called cheating and then now that she has problems with her cheating the Gov't , she'd come to this forum to ask help to get out of the stuff that she did.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

case complete 8/18/10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

yeah, but the mistake that she did,that wasn't a mistake . It was done intentionally to cheat the govt. Why would you put single when you are married? Isn't that called cheating and then now that she has problems with her cheating the Gov't , she'd come to this forum to ask help to get out of the stuff that she did.

Precisely how do you know she was intentionally cheating, could have been misguided, feel you are being overly judgmental and certainly not contributing to rectifying the problem.

To claim head of household, you have to have at least one dependent, but not getting into that, or maybe separate households, but this leads to other problems with the USCIS, suppose to be part of one household. If she never was caught for an audit, must be a loophole in the IRS system in not cross checking households, they do check just about everything else.

Honestly, do any of us look to the IRS as being a friend? Much like a traffic cop, not here to protect us, but to get us. Have a friend that worked for the IRS, after three years, she quit, couldn't live with some of the underhanded stuff she was expected to pull, and all against individuals, corporations with a staff of tax attorneys are immune from the IRS.

Precisely how do you know she was intentionally cheating, could have been misguided, feel you are being overly judgmental and certainly not contributing to rectifying the problem.

To claim head of household, you have to have at least one dependent, but not getting into that, or maybe separate households, but this leads to other problems with the USCIS, suppose to be part of one household. If she never was caught for an audit, must be a loophole in the IRS system in not cross checking households, they do check just about everything else.

Honestly, do any of us look to the IRS as being a friend? Much like a traffic cop, not here to protect us, but to get us. Have a friend that worked for the IRS, after three years, she quit, couldn't live with some of the underhanded stuff she was expected to pull, and all against individuals, corporations with a staff of tax attorneys are immune from the IRS.

We are talking about IRS now. The issue here,is that she had put /lied in her N400 form and had not been honest with her information. Have you read the part in n400 saying,"have you given false or misleading information to gov't officials while applying for immigration benefit?" I don't like IRS either. They take our money to take care of "those" people who cheats IRs(like her). You get what I mean? This forum is for those who needs help not people who needs help to cover their bad actions.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

case complete 8/18/10

Ouch.....relax Koko. You getting way to worked up about stuff. A wise man once said

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Please don't accuse people of lying or cheating without knowing why they did it, or what they did. Are you perfect KOKO? Have you not made mistakes? I'm sure you have done something in your life that you are not very proud of. Chill and help, and if you can't offer any advice.....don't say anything at all. =)

Also if you really want to get angry with somebody....call the USCIS and yell at them.....It's taking them way too long to send me my Oath letter..LOL

My Citizenship Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.