Cassie

Procrastinating........

56 posts in this topic

Just wanted to add an update to this thread: DHL attempted to deliver my passport today -- will have to go and pick it up tomorrow and see if there are any mistakes! hehe So it took about as long as they said it would -- about 3 weeks or so and the website is saying a month, so not bad at all.

Thanks for the update Cassie! I don't know if you saw mine...think I maybe put it in the vent thread instead of here, but mine was returned to me the day after it arrived in Gatineau saying there was shadows in my passport pictures and my guarantor didn't sign the copy of my driver's license and indicate she had seen the original. :( I just sent it back to her today to resend for me once she's done what she needs to do. So, not even day 1 again!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just wanted to add an update to this thread: DHL attempted to deliver my passport today -- will have to go and pick it up tomorrow and see if there are any mistakes! hehe So it took about as long as they said it would -- about 3 weeks or so and the website is saying a month, so not bad at all.

Thanks for the update Cassie! I don't know if you saw mine...think I maybe put it in the vent thread instead of here, but mine was returned to me the day after it arrived in Gatineau saying there was shadows in my passport pictures and my guarantor didn't sign the copy of my driver's license and indicate she had seen the original. :( I just sent it back to her today to resend for me once she's done what she needs to do. So, not even day 1 again!

:( Sorry Carla! The good thing is (based on my experience) -- once they get it, they're pretty prompt in getting it back to you. :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Timeline

bumping...

I didn't get mine filled out to give to my Mum to mail for me, I forgot :o Will have to do it this week so that I *might* have it in time to go home for Canada Day :P

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Can you belive my local CVS can't figure out how to make the passport photos 2 x 2 3/4 on their machine? :wacko:

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Can you belive my local CVS can't figure out how to make the passport photos 2 x 2 3/4 on their machine? :wacko:

Yes, I can believe it. I know I had mine done at a camera shop, and they still had "shadows" in my pictures. They did however have a drop down menu on the computer that allows for different size pictures based on the country however, so they did have Canada.

carlahmsb4.gif

I have not been able to find ANYBODY that can do them anywhere near here. A lot of shops around here have even stopped doing US passport photos, and none of them locally have ever done Canadian.

The Atlanta consulate said maybe a Sears portrait studio can do it. I'm hesitant though...I've not read good things about box photography studios...and I used to work at an Olan Mills for a while :P

I found a forum today that had HORROR stories about trying to get Canadian passports renewed from the US. People submitting photos 3 or 4 times and still can't get them done so that passport Canada will accept them! There are chains of photo shops who now refuse to do Canadian photos because they're so damn picky!

I'm thinking I'm not gonna get home any time soon :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I have not been able to find ANYBODY that can do them anywhere near here. A lot of shops around here have even stopped doing US passport photos, and none of them locally have ever done Canadian.

The Atlanta consulate said maybe a Sears portrait studio can do it. I'm hesitant though...I've not read good things about box photography studios...and I used to work at an Olan Mills for a while :P

I found a forum today that had HORROR stories about trying to get Canadian passports renewed from the US. People submitting photos 3 or 4 times and still can't get them done so that passport Canada will accept them! There are chains of photo shops who now refuse to do Canadian photos because they're so damn picky!

I'm thinking I'm not gonna get home any time soon :(

Wow :o This info is crazy!! My passport expires in about 2 years which makes me think that I should get passport pictures done on a visit home, before I am set to apply for a new passport

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

How hard can it possobly be to take Canadian passport photos? In Bermuda, when you ask for passport photos, they ask "Bermudian, British, Canadian or American?". When you answer, they pull out the right colour background and tell you whether or not you're allowed to smile.

~ Catherine

Read the comments on On This Site

Apparently Canadian biometrics readers are more picky than any other :P Or Canadian government employees in general are just more #######...anyone's guess ;)

I have an appointment with Sears. They said they can do them, so we'll see if they are done properly and accepted. According to Passport Canada, more than 80% of Canadian passport photos taken in the US are rejected. :wacko:

Read the comments on On This Site

Apparently Canadian biometrics readers are more picky than any other :P Or Canadian government employees in general are just more #######...anyone's guess ;)

I have an appointment with Sears. They said they can do them, so we'll see if they are done properly and accepted. According to Passport Canada, more than 80% of Canadian passport photos taken in the US are rejected. :wacko:

Well, good luck Reba! I'll come back to this thread when I get either my rejection notice or my passport. I had them done at a local camera shop, and I certainly didn't measure them. When I got my package back it was for "shadows" in my pictures but they didn't say they weren't the right size, so maybe they were okay that way. I got this form back from them though that must have had about 30 items listed as reasons for rejection. :blink:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.