ReAL

Apply fiancee visa without proff met in person?

31 posts in this topic

I'm confused. You say he can't come and see you and if you go to see him you would be committing fraud because it's a tourist visa and not a K-1. Well who says you have to get married on your first trip. Go see him and if everything goes well, the both of you can spend some time getting all your paper work ready. You can even submit your petition while you're still there with him. You'll have to go back to your country and re-enter the US, if I'm not mistaken, but who cares at this point? Just go and meet him and get it out of the way.

love1.jpg

My heart belongs to you!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Why would you want to marry someone you'd never met in person? That baffles me....

I agree, just because you think you know someone it isnt always the case ... my fiance and I had obsticles to, it took us 2 years before we could meet because his grandmother who was 91 at the time was in a nursing home with Alziemas, he didnt want to leave just incase she passed away it meant a lot for him to be there especially since he moved for Arkansas to Oregon to be with her... 2 years later he took the risk and came for 5 weeks so we could meet ... Turned out he wasnt very different then the impression I had but different all the same, he was actually a lot nicer, more affectionate, helpful and giving ... but it could have gone the other way too, you just dont know!!

He returned home and we took a longer to file then we had expected because Grandma passed away and a few months later her sister passed away :( things just kept coming up ... end of last year we thought it was time to start being a little selfish and think of us for once and we filed ...

All I can say is one of you go visit the other .. spend at least 3 weeks together and get to know each other ... we had 5 weeks and it went like a blink of an eye, being seperated was the single worse experience either of us ever had to go thru and we both cried like babes for 2 days prior to his leaving ... but then youll at least know if its meant to be ... dont hang on to what ifs ... time goes by fast and before you know it, it will be another 8 years!!

Good luck with everything :)

Today is the Tomorrow, you worried about Yesterday .....

05-Dec-04 Shay and I met online.

17-Feb-07 Shay came to visit me Australia for 5 and half wonderful weeks.

---

02-Oct-08 Shay lodged 1-129F

07-Oct-08 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA1 had been approved

07-Jan-09 Shay recieved confirmation that NOA2 had been approved

14-Jan-09 NVC notification recieved

29-Jan-09 I recieved pk 3 in the mail

29-Jan-09 I recieved passport in the mail

04-Feb-09 I went for my police check

20-Feb-09 medical

24-Feb-09 Picked up medical results *PASSED*

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

02-Mar-09 Embassy received pack 3

24-Mar-09 Interview @ 9.00am

!!!!!!!! VISA APPROVED !!!!!!!!

27-Mar-09 Visa Arrives in Mail

---

14-Apr-09 Departing for the US

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

:D All in all, I've met Knight twice...but those were really intense trips and it had been like we had always been together. One soul. There was no awkwardness, no sense of meeting someone for the first time. It was as if he'd been away on a trip and had come home to see me. The second time, he stayed with me for over two weeks and that was living, eating, breathing and sleeping in the same room together (and we did go out and stuff). When you meet him, you will know in your heart and soul if they're the one. There is no doubt in either of us that this isn't meant to be.

:D

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:unsure:

Hi,..Guys I have this long distance courtship with American man for 8 years, but haven't met in person yet. I know it's sounds crazy but don't worry i know what our obstacles are..

umm..we really want to meet in person but seemed the possible way is that i go there. The problem if i apply for tourist visa, i cant marry him or it will be a fraud if we dare to do it. I'm a good person and citizen and i dont want to do anything againts the law and God of course. :innocent:

So, we came up with the idea to apply for fiancee visa but when i read the prosedure and requirements we should have proff of meeting in person in last 2 years .. :crying: unfortunately we haven't...

is there any suggestion for us..

I know our live is in God's control

We walk in our faith

But we will really appreciate it, if anyone could help us..

hope to hear from you soon

Love'

ReKeV

I guess you can apply for tourist visa but no assurance that you can be approved. ANd then spend time with your partner then go back home before the visa expire...by then your fiance can file for k1 visa

dancingbaby.gif

(Jai Ho)No there is nothing that can stop us(Jai Ho)

Nothing can ever come between us,(Jai Ho)

So come and dance with me,

Jai Ho! (oohh)

She has the answer to everything and the solution to nothing

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

If he is serious and cares about you he will come to meet you! :unsure: Even if you could get a K1 without meeting in person you wouldn't want to for your safety. You've waited 8 years, what is one more?

Filed: Timeline
:D All in all, I've met Knight twice...but those were really intense trips and it had been like we had always been together. One soul. There was no awkwardness, no sense of meeting someone for the first time. It was as if he'd been away on a trip and had come home to see me. The second time, he stayed with me for over two weeks and that was living, eating, breathing and sleeping in the same room together (and we did go out and stuff). When you meet him, you will know in your heart and soul if they're the one. There is no doubt in either of us that this isn't meant to be.

Magpie.

:thumbs: Exactly how it felt.

I've heard of stringing them along.

But 8 years may be a record.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Magpie.

:thumbs: Exactly how it felt.

Ditto, I have not one single doubt his my soul mate and we were meant to be together... just wish we had started the process a year earlier and then filed immediately after he returned home ... but thems the breaks and its a matter of Live'n Learn...

But I do think you need to be true to yourself ... If neither party has made a real effort in 8 years then maybe its time to move on? How long do you allow this to go on for?

I dont know about everyone else but its taken its toll on Shay and I ... we both have similar personalities and after we met and became attached to each other we both found it very difficult to function in the real world .. we spent all our time waiting for each other to call or pop onto yahoo messenger, we were spending up to 6,7 maybe 8 hours a day talking on yahoo messenger and phone ... it got to the point of being emotionally and mentally unhealthy ... last 6 months or so we had to re-evaluate what was going on and we cut it back to 1.5 - 2 hour talk time on his days off and 3 - 4 hours on days off ... its been hard but least now we have a somewhat normal life ...

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Ditto, I have not one single doubt his my soul mate and we were meant to be together... just wish we had started the process a year earlier and then filed immediately after he returned home ... but thems the breaks and its a matter of Live'n Learn...

But I do think you need to be true to yourself ... If neither party has made a real effort in 8 years then maybe its time to move on? How long do you allow this to go on for?

I dont know about everyone else but its taken its toll on Shay and I ... we both have similar personalities and after we met and became attached to each other we both found it very difficult to function in the real world .. we spent all our time waiting for each other to call or pop onto yahoo messenger, we were spending up to 6,7 maybe 8 hours a day talking on yahoo messenger and phone ... it got to the point of being emotionally and mentally unhealthy ... last 6 months or so we had to re-evaluate what was going on and we cut it back to 1.5 - 2 hour talk time on his days off and 3 - 4 hours on days off ... its been hard but least now we have a somewhat normal life ...

Me and Knight learned to time it, in our case...due to severe domestic issues on my end, we couldn't see one another in person for a year. He stood by me in that time, supported me, until I was able to move out and stand on my own feet. We use Skype, ensure we get enough sleep, heckle one another to get work done, because we know we'll be together. The time difference does help, weirdly enough -- it means we can both have our days to ourselves, and we keep our mornings and evenings for each other. Sometimes, he'll encourage me to go out with my friends, or I'll tell him to go and see his; other times, if we know we can, we'll stay up late or get up that little bit earlier so we can spend more time together.

But after I moved out, there was no way we couldn't see each other, so that's what we did. He booked a flight and then he was over here, even if the price was steep. If he's not willing to come and see you if he knows you can't fly over and see him, then you need to address that.

:) Good luck.

Magpie.

Upon the mountain of that which would undo us, our banner shall fly highest.

For K-1 timeline, please check our story!

:: Before-AOS Timeline ::

2009-06-16: Received SSN

2009-06-18: Got my degree classification! Got a 2:1 =D.

2009-07-04: Got MARRIED on Independance Day in San Antonio!

:: AOS Timeline ::

2009-08-06: Mailed off our AOS packet!

2009-08-10: USCIS received packet, no NOA1 yet

2009-08-14: NOA1, eeee!

2009-09-08: Walk-in biometrics, all done!

2009-09-15: Got AP, woo + driving permit

2009-09-25: Approved for EAD, waiting for card

2009-09-30: EAD in hand :D

2009-10-16: Received interview letter for 20th October :D

2009-10-20: AOS APPROVED!

2009-10-30: Green card in hand! Weeeeeee!

Timeline

Me and Knight learned to time it, in our case...due to severe domestic issues on my end, we couldn't see one another in person for a year. He stood by me in that time, supported me, until I was able to move out and stand on my own feet. We use Skype, ensure we get enough sleep, heckle one another to get work done, because we know we'll be together. The time difference does help, weirdly enough -- it means we can both have our days to ourselves, and we keep our mornings and evenings for each other. Sometimes, he'll encourage me to go out with my friends, or I'll tell him to go and see his; other times, if we know we can, we'll stay up late or get up that little bit earlier so we can spend more time together.

But after I moved out, there was no way we couldn't see each other, so that's what we did. He booked a flight and then he was over here, even if the price was steep. If he's not willing to come and see you if he knows you can't fly over and see him, then you need to address that.

:) Good luck.

Magpie.

Thats were it became a prob for us ... I was getting up at 4am to spend time with him and in turn he was staying up to 2am or later ... I ended up with health problems because of it ... since we agreed to stop doing what we were doing we have both started being a little more social and Im back to normal ... occasionally we slip but ah well! :D

---

20-Feb-09 medical

26-Feb-09 mailed pack 3

---

---

02-May-09 Wedding Day

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Why would you want to marry someone you'd never met in person? That baffles me....

You will be baffled more and more if you decide to speak to more people on this website. It happens a lot and it works out just as often.

:ot2:

You pretty much HAVE to meet in person. If you are able to obtain a tourist visa and you are able to afford a round ticket to the US, you could always visit your fiance. It is not fraud for you to visit your fiance here as long as you do not marry him while you're here with a visitor's visa. He can file for a K1 visa when you return home and then when you finish the visa process, you can return to the US on your K1 visa and get married. I would like to ask something though, you have been together for 8 years? Why has he not visited you? That is a long time! But anyway, if you can not get to the US, definitely meet in a third country. Just take lots of pictures and so on. If you don't meet in person and have proof of a solid relationship through e-mails, ims, video calls, phone calls, etc., then you are more likely to receive a denial than an approval. Best of luck, I hope this works out for you :)

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
All I can say is one of you go visit the other .. spend at least 3 weeks together and get to know each other ... we had 5 weeks and it went like a blink of an eye, being seperated was the single worse experience either of us ever had to go thru and we both cried like babes for 2 days prior to his leaving ...

Crying like babies...I have to completely agree with you, that is the absolute worst feeling either I or my fiance have felt either...But now we're together, THANK GOD!! No more goodbyes and it's o so wonderful...Best of luck to you and your love, I hope you will be together again soon if you are not already

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.