Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 No Touches, No APPROVALS week of March 2, 2009.

480 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Ok, checked DHL again and I think I had the wrong package before. I just found one that would have left the next morning after I talked to NVC and it arrived in Amman this morning. That would explain why Amman said they hadnt received it on the 28th.

Anyway, I think THIS one is it :lol: So, sticking with the Wed email plan.

GS,

My congressman's office is going to email the consulate when we get an interview date. So, I think it depends on the constituent contact on how they follow up after adjudication.

Oh yeah, I plan to fight big time! I am on the phone right now with USCIS relentlessly getting them to accept my expedite request!! Will let u know what went down in a few mins!!

P.S. Lis, hope that's ur package! It's like Xmas morning waiting to find the gift under the tree. Except this time the gift is being delivered to the consulate in our SO's country :lol:

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just called. They told me I can't expedite just because I am out of the date range. The guy lied to me last week and told me he was putting in a service request for my K-3. He put one in for my CR-1. So they told me I need to wait 30 days from Feb 20th to call back. I did get my call transferred to an officer who told me the reason it is taking so long is the security check on both of us. ( not sure I believe him) but he did say that if I am with an adjuducating officer I should be hearing something really soon. He had a real heavy Jamaican accent and was really hard to understand. He told me not to worry as long as I ddn't get any RFE's or Notice of intent to deny.... THAT KIND OF THREW ME !!! But I'm not going to worry. UGHHHHHH

Jen - VSC will find every excuse possibly to deny our expedite request...or not accept another one :(

I am hopeful you will get an approval tomorrow.

GS: I think we placed an expedite based on "USCIS Error" outside processing times

Lisa- great to hear your package got to Aman....hope you have all your documents ready to go.

Narina: I hate paperwork mumbo/jumbo.. :( I have been meaning to ask you as to where are you with your K3?

Sonia, Aruba: How are you ladies doing....I am having a BLAH day

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

OKAY GANG, here goessssssssss:

OMG I am so glad my expedite request was accepted!! I asked a lot of questions before I did it! And it's all thanks to one person who told me what category to file it under!! I shared this info with you guys before but here it is again:

Check out the link again:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2695470

AJAYC was nice enough to answer any qs I had and he was absolutely right. I am almost as excited as when one woud receive the actual approval and I know I shouldn't get my hopes up but AJAYC got an approval the day after he put in an expedite! So it's hard not to get all excited but I will also prepare for the denial which you never know might happen :unsure:

Ok so I called and didn't press any buttons, I guess I was distracted thinking about the fight I knew I was probably gonna put up after reading Jenn's post and how her request was denied and she has been waiting longer than I have. I almost hung up and redialed to push the right buttons but something told me to wait and so I did and glad that I did...OK OK I know I am babbling so here is what happened next:

I got the sweetest lady who started reading off the paper the standard reponse they give you (her name, ID # etc). She kept talking with not enough pausing for me to interrupt her so I finally did and said Excuse me, I would like to be transferred to someone who can help me in English. At which point she apologized so sweetly as I made a joke of how I understand Spanish and I understood everything she said but couldn't speak it quite as fast as she did, so she laughed and repeated herself in English (at this point I am thinking, ooh it's going well and she is very sweet and not rude at all and getting hopeful!). So after answering a few of the basic questions such as Am I the petitioner, why am I calling and explaining to her that I have filed I 130 for my husband and we are out of date range, she told me same thing the other person told AJAYC and JENN that since I put in a service request

Ok go I got the same answer about having to wait till MArch 22nd since I put in a service request on Feb. 20th already, but I refused to give up and said that I know of couples getting approved way ahead of us and that I am aware of someone else who put in an expedite right after a service request and got approved the next day and I explained (VERY VERY CALMLY AND NICELY) how is it fair that one person's request is being approved and others denied and that I've been apart from my husband for so long and I would appreciate everything she can do to help. So she placed me on hold when she realized I was armed with info and came back asking me some more info about my birthdate, address, email, etc. And I kept thinking BINGO!! and then she uttered the golden words!! I am putting in a request for expedite for you and here is your confirmation #. OMG I WAS ECSTATIC!! I couldn't believe it! I asked how soon I would hear and she told me till March 7 at the latest (NOW I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED). I explained that this person I was referrring to got his the next day and I asked will I be notified via email (cz he was) and she said either email or mail and they have till Sat to get back to you. And I said so they will postmark my letter on Saturday right and I will receive sometime next week.

OH YEAH, and somewhere in the conversation b4 she made a decision to grant me my request I NICELY informed her that I have already gotten my senator to look into this for me and how hard it has been to be away from my husband and all I want is to be reunited with him.

After she gave me my confirmation # she asked me if I had more qs and I thank her from the bottom of my heart and told her how we always hear horror stories abt ppl calling and being rudely cut off and how helpful and nice she was and she was so thankful to hear that and I so thankful she helped me :) Now let's hope it all ends happily....

SO JENN AND SARITA, THIS ONE"S FOR YOU HONEYBUNNY. GET OUT THERE AND GET BACK ON THE PHONE!! GOOD LUCK! NOT SURE IF UR ADJUDICATION WOULD HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WHY U WERE DENIED THIS MORNING BUT DO IT ANYWAY. CALL AGAIN! IT CAN'T HURT. EITHER WAY WE ARE WAITING!! (SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, I AM SO WIRED, FEEL LIKE I MADE A DIFFERENCE AND WAS PROACTIVE FOR A CHANGE. BEEN 226 DAYS SINCE I DID NOT HAVE THIS FEELING....KARMA STARS FOR YOU AND OTHERS READING THIS WHO NEED THE EXTRA PUSH. The category you need to ask for the expedite is USCIS error and I went on and on why I believe my case falls in this category and how I know of couples being approved way ahead of me in September, and how I am aware the USCIS website posts dates from DEc 31st but I am aware they past those dates from ppl I know.

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Timeline
Just called. They told me I can't expedite just because I am out of the date range. The guy lied to me last week and told me he was putting in a service request for my K-3. He put one in for my CR-1. So they told me I need to wait 30 days from Feb 20th to call back. I did get my call transferred to an officer who told me the reason it is taking so long is the security check on both of us. ( not sure I believe him) but he did say that if I am with an adjuducating officer I should be hearing something really soon. He had a real heavy Jamaican accent and was really hard to understand. He told me not to worry as long as I ddn't get any RFE's or Notice of intent to deny.... THAT KIND OF THREW ME !!! But I'm not going to worry. UGHHHHHH

Jenn, don't let that put doubts in your head. I don't think he meant anything by it, probably just standard thing they read off a paper or screen in front of them. Very rarely do people get denied. Most K3/I130 filers get approved from USCIS. The denials rarely happen and most if any happen at the consulate stage. But even that's very rare if there are no reasons why, such as crime records or missing docs, etc. RMB he said as long as you don't get...just threw that in there in general, didn't mean you will get one of those. I know there's not much I can do to appease you. I bet you are on the phone right now with USCIS trying to get them to expedite your case once again. GO GET THEM AND GOOD LUCK :thumbs:

I need to run out for a while. Be back to check with all of you in half an hour or so. Take care (F)

Edited by GS4EVER

just because she accepted your REQUEST for en expedite doesn't mean they will approve it. I went through all of that and I got two confirmation numbers too. It is her job to take the request. When I put in a request, I received an e-mail within 2 hours requesting evidence. it took them 30 day+ to tell me it was denied

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello ladies.

I'm halfway through my paper mountain LOOOOOOL

Too bad I couldn't be here yesterday. Yesterday I worked at the other hospital and it was dead slow.

I'm still protesting. Not answering any questions on my case until I see that Jenn and Sarita get approved :D

I'll check back again later. Best of luck!

Darn - my wand is on the other thread. :jest:

Timeline

I almost forgot...Aruba, you're a nurse right?

Do you know of any place in the world where a nurse would require a placement exam, 5 years of undergraduate college, and then an additional 3 years graduate school? The nurses here can get by with 2 years of school - 4 if they want a "higher degree". Last I checked, nurse practitioners only took 6 years total.

Timeline
Hello ladies.

Too bad I couldn't be here yesterday. Yesterday I worked at the other hospital and it was dead slow.

I'm still protesting. Not answering any questions on my case until I see that Jenn and Sarita get approved :D

Narina, we need that wand ASAP as we wait and wonder :whistle:

Jen, I realize that of course but any little push might be helpful so why not try. I believe you should try calling again and try to get a nice person. Follow the steps I outlined earlier in my previous (longer) post. Explain how one of your friend got her expedite request approved based on USCIS ERROR due to her I 130 being out of date range. I definitely feel your pain and frustration. When I called I knew of course getting them to accept my expedite didn't necessarily equal approval, but if it means they will "touch" my file then so be it. At least I know it's been touched than propping up some wobbly tale or gathering dust in a box :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I almost forgot...Aruba, you're a nurse right?

Do you know of any place in the world where a nurse would require a placement exam, 5 years of undergraduate college, and then an additional 3 years graduate school? The nurses here can get by with 2 years of school - 4 if they want a "higher degree". Last I checked, nurse practitioners only took 6 years total.

Maybe a nurse anesthetist? From start(RN) to finish I think its 6-7?

Is this a quiz? :devil:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
:yes::devil:

One that many have failed! :lol:

:devil: oh the mystery of it all :lol:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

So obvious it's freakin see through! LOOOOOOL

By the way, need opinions. My family is planning to come down to visit in July/August this year. Since there are so many of them, I was thinking of the easiest way to keep them entertained. They will ALL be staying in my house (good thing I did all the decorating and organizing LOOOOOOL). It won't be crowded by any means, but still... I was thinking to take them out on a cruise. They've never been on one before (well my one brother and mom did go with me to Hawaii and Alaska). They wouldn't know "high class" from "economy"... I searched and the only cruiseline that sails out of Texas is Carnival. Someone referred to Carnival in a cruise review as the "double wide of the seas"...meaning it was mostly trailer trash people. Do you think this is true? The commercials made the ships look nice. One co-worker went with his family and said it was nice. Another said that he would never travel with Carnival again and that it was all "trashy and constantly drunk" people. I've only cruised the better cruise lines because I don't like to deal with a crowd like that... but with my younger brothers and their kids...I'm wondering if maybe the "fun ship" is better for them.

The other options is to take them to all the places in Texas, which would require tons of driving. I hate driving! And they're going to expect me to lead the way because they don't know where to go. So I was thinking a cruise was better for this reason.

Your opinions please!

Hello ladies.

Narina, we need that wand ASAP as we wait and wonder :whistle:

Jen, I realize that of course but any little push might be helpful so why not try. I believe you should try calling again and try to get a nice person. Follow the steps I outlined earlier in my previous (longer) post. Explain how one of your friend got her expedite request approved based on USCIS ERROR due to her I 130 being out of date range. I definitely feel your pain and frustration. When I called I knew of course getting them to accept my expedite didn't necessarily equal approval, but if it means they will "touch" my file then so be it. At least I know it's been touched than propping up some wobbly tale or gathering dust in a box :yes:

im on hold now but I don't think it will go threw.... :whistle:

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline
So obvious it's freakin see through! LOOOOOOL

By the way, need opinions. My family is planning to come down to visit in July/August this year. Since there are so many of them, I was thinking of the easiest way to keep them entertained. They will ALL be staying in my house (good thing I did all the decorating and organizing LOOOOOOL). It won't be crowded by any means, but still... I was thinking to take them out on a cruise. They've never been on one before (well my one brother and mom did go with me to Hawaii and Alaska). They wouldn't know "high class" from "economy"... I searched and the only cruiseline that sails out of Texas is Carnival. Someone referred to Carnival in a cruise review as the "double wide of the seas"...meaning it was mostly trailer trash people. Do you think this is true? The commercials made the ships look nice. One co-worker went with his family and said it was nice. Another said that he would never travel with Carnival again and that it was all "trashy and constantly drunk" people. I've only cruised the better cruise lines because I don't like to deal with a crowd like that... but with my younger brothers and their kids...I'm wondering if maybe the "fun ship" is better for them.

The other options is to take them to all the places in Texas, which would require tons of driving. I hate driving! And they're going to expect me to lead the way because they don't know where to go. So I was thinking a cruise was better for this reason.

Your opinions please!

I think if you are going to have kids with you, the "fun ship" cruises might be better. Anytime you have that many people in a relatively small space on vacation, you're gonna have drunken idiots to deal with. Better to find a "family friendly" cruise.

How about those disney cruises..they have space for adults and activities for the kiddos :thumbs:

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.