Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 No Touches, No APPROVALS week of March 2, 2009.

480 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mayra, u r absolutely right. All we are is this to them: $$$$$. What should he care. He can't even beging to comprehend what it's like to be in our shoes. His wife is home when he gets back from work, or SOs are NOT!!

Should have used the money from the lawyer to visit my hubby come spring break!! :crying: Just didn't think it would take this long. I rmb when he told me it would take 6 mons how me and husband thouht OMG 6 mons is a long time. Now what I wouldn't give to have him here within 6 mons!! :no: We simply hired him cz we were new to the process and didn't know of VJ yet and didn't want to take risks!

Where is the rest of the familia?

I was told that putting a service request on the file was going to get them to find out where the file was in the process and not necessarily take it out of order...mmmmmmmmmm I told her, I didnt want to do it if it were going to mess things up! so it better not!!!

GS,

man, I feel your pain, you could be with your hon rght about now for all that money, I think the only thing that I didn't do that your lawyer did is put a cover letter...very expensive cover letter at that!! and we're here waiting together b/c we have a very similar timeline, right...

so, I hope that if u get something soon, I'm able to get something shortly thereafter and vise versa

:P

Jenn,

Why didn't you take all of us to the mall ...it couldnt taken our minds of VSC :bonk::bonk:

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that "Such a very expensive messenger!!!" :lol:

"They would just wait for approval like we do." :blink: Yup, that is exactly true. When I ask my lawyer qs, he calmly says "We are in a holding pattern until approval" DUHHHHHH? U think I didn't know that already? To be fair though he sort of answered some of my qs hesitently cz I bugged him so much! He then added, I basically explained there is nothing we can do till approval time and if you want me to research further at the rate of 395/hr let my office know. Do I look like a millionaire?? Who can afford to hire someone for 400 bucks per hour?? NOT ME! IF I DID, I would have put in a leave of absence, travelled to LB and waited this whole process with my hubby over there!! :crying: Too bad at this time that's not at all feasable! :(

Yeah.. That's exactly the case. Lawyers would just tell you the things you already know. I haven't seen somebody here in VJ who has a very helpful lawyer. A lawyer who at least have the initiative to dig in the real status of the case. . In my opinion, it is more depressing when you hire a lawyer. You will be depressed that you wasted your money (and it is too late to realized that) and frustrated because of the LOOOOONGGG waiting period.

I just cannot understand the pattern of approvals. Till now, I am wondering what is the difference between VSC and CSC. It is as if, when you're at VSC then it means you need to have an anti-depressant pill on your pocket everytime. Couples suffer and they cannot understand that!!!! :crying:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
I was told that putting a service request on the file was going to get them to find out where the file was in the process and not necessarily take it out of order...mmmmmmmmmm I told her, I didnt want to do it if it were going to mess things up! so it better not!!!

GS,

man, I feel your pain, you could be with your hon rght about now for all that money, I think the only thing that I didn't do that your lawyer did is put a cover letter...very expensive cover letter at that!! and we're here waiting together b/c we have a very similar timeline, right...

so, I hope that if u get something soon, I'm able to get something shortly thereafter and vise versa

:P

Jenn,

Why didn't you take all of us to the mall ...it couldnt taken our minds of VSC :bonk::bonk:

He he :P at this stage NOTHING can take my mind off of VSC :no: lol And Mayra yeahhhhhhhhh I would love to be able to visit my hubby :luv: but can't!! :crying: I am hoping he will be here by summer at the latest!! I don't think I can hanfle it if it drags way past that!!

On a positive note, I just finished writing my senator :star: a very long and thourough letter :devil: abt what happened with the expedite and how dare they tell me i am WITHIN the PTs when I am clearly OUT of date range!! :angry::bonk:

Will fax the letter to his office tomorrow and keep u guys posted on the turn of events. At least, I feel I am doing something about my case and not crossing my arms and standing over to the side :whistle:

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

There's too much reading to do so:

Hi everyone! I did good today and kept my online time to a minimum at work and see what happens..Im lost :lol:

Angel,

Sorry but, I've just seen some responses to your postings. I know you got your rfe what seems like a LONG time ago and it's easy to get ansy and nervous. I remember telling you months ago that you would see some action real soon....that was a long time ago :(

It truley is a good sign though, when you get an rfe, that means someone is actually reveiwing your docs and they arent just sitting there.

If I was you, I would write/call my congessman and have them do an formal inquiry. You might find out what exactly is going on. (F)

Hang in there :)

GS,

you're a doll :luv: thats all i have lol

Jenn,

I"ll give you my theory on FB

Seren,

You have been a gracious,kind thread leader and I want you to get your approval dammit!

Narina,

Hey! how was work?

everyone else..

good luck on approvals and to que, I appreciate that you stick arounf the k3 threads and offer comfort and advise :thumbs:

I would also like to thank the academy..... :lol:

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

OK, Im back from my shopping experience. I ended up going out to eat with a friend from Costa Rica. He is now a USC . I say that only because we were chatting about when he became a citizen and how that came to be. He was married to a USC back in 2000-2001. He has only been a citizen for about 2 years. Anyway we had a lttle arguement because he was trying to tell me when you marry a USC you are automatically a USC too. No paperwork he flat out said it is automatic. He said he knew this Columbian guy who played the GC scam on a USC paid her money and told her to go away... Then he went back to Columbia and married his true love and when she came here she became a citizen a month later. I told him I am not sure about alot of things but this I know 100%. You are not automatically a citizen when you get married. I told him you have to file the correct paperwork and wait years before you can naturalize. I can't even believe he was having this arguement wit me since he himself had to wait so long. So, I told him I was coming home and I was going to post on VJ and I would get back to him.....

My question: Do you automatically become a USC if you marry a USC??????

HUMOR ME GUYS !!

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Timeline
I just cannot understand the pattern of approvals. Till now, I am wondering what is the difference between VSC and CSC. It is as if, when you're at VSC then it means you need to have an anti-depressant pill on your pocket everytime. Couples suffer and they cannot understand that!!!! :crying:

Oh yeah, I wrote a paragraph to my senator about that :yes: Maybe this whole process is designed as a ploy to sell more anti-depressant pills and another way to make money off of us poor USCs :lol:

There's too much reading to do so:

Hi everyone! I did good today and kept my online time to a minimum at work and see what happens..Im lost :lol:

You see what you get? Mwahahahaha :devil: We missed you! (F)

Angel,

Sorry but, I've just seen some responses to your postings. I know you got your rfe what seems like a LONG time ago and it's easy to get ansy and nervous. I remember telling you months ago that you would see some action real soon....that was a long time ago :(

It truley is a good sign though, when you get an rfe, that means someone is actually reveiwing your docs and they arent just sitting there.

If I was you, I would write/call my congessman and have them do an formal inquiry. You might find out what exactly is going on. (F)

Hang in there :)

Like I said, I feel ur time is near. I agree with Lis that an RFE is a good thing :thumbs: Good luck!

GS,

you're a doll :luv: thats all i have lol

Thank you, I'm blushing :blush: . I look forward to ur post, u always somehow manage to make me smile :D I just loooooooove ur sense of humor :P

Jenn,

I"ll give you my theory on FB

We have so many, we need to compile them in a book, sell it and split the profit :lol:

Seren,

You have been a gracious,kind thread leader and I want you to get your approval dammit!

Narina,

Hey! how was work?

everyone else..

Where is Sarita?

good luck on approvals and to que, I appreciate that you stick arounf the k3 threads and offer comfort and advise :thumbs:

Agreed :)

I would also like to thank the academy..... :lol:

HAHAHAHAHA u c why I love ya! Lucky Yazied lol

Lisa

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Timeline
OK, Im back from my shopping experience. I ended up going out to eat with a friend from Costa Rica. He is now a USC . I say that only because we were chatting about when he became a citizen and how that came to be. He was married to a USC back in 2000-2001. He has only been a citizen for about 2 years. Anyway we had a lttle arguement because he was trying to tell me when you marry a USC you are automatically a USC too. No paperwork he flat out said it is automatic. He said he knew this Columbian guy who played the GC scam on a USC paid her money and told her to go away... Then he went back to Columbia and married his true love and when she came here she became a citizen a month later. I told him I am not sure about alot of things but this I know 100%. You are not automatically a citizen when you get married. I told him you have to file the correct paperwork and wait years before you can naturalize. I can't even believe he was having this arguement wit me since he himself had to wait so long. So, I told him I was coming home and I was going to post on VJ and I would get back to him.....

HUMOR ME GUYS !!

NO WAY! That would mean our husbands are USCs then and should get on the next plane!!! :bonk: When u marry a USC, you first get ur green card (which is temporary for 2 yrs, then have to lift the conditions and u will receive ur 10-yr GC). You cannot become a USC until after 5 yrs of getting ur GC.

SO you didn't shop!! GASP :o and here we were all sitting around waiting for Jen to bring us something nice B)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Oh my god, if any one I married automaticaly became I a USC I would have "sold" my first marriage years ago.

This baby girl got herself some student loans to pay....

Sheep: Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-ewe. To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true. Sheep be true. Baa-ram-ewe.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

HUMOR ME GUYS !!

NO WAY! That would mean our husbands are USCs then and should get on the next plane!!! :bonk: When u marry a USC, you first get ur green card (which is temporary for 2 yrs, then have to lift the conditions and u will receive ur 10-yr GC). You cannot become a USC until after 5 yrs of getting ur GC.

[sO you didn't shop!! GASP :o and here we were all sitting around waiting for Jen to bring us something nice B)

true, the only thing I beleive if u are still married to USC u can become one in like 3 years or so and not the five :)

Edited by Mayra&JuanK

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Timeline

HUMOR ME GUYS !!

tell him he's retarded :lol: j/k tell him he is horribly misinformed

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

HUMOR ME GUYS !!

If only wishes were horses :devil: No Jen you are absolutely right, You don't automatically become a citizen....if that were the case, what the heck are we doing here going through with the K3 / CR1 BS!!!!

Edited by Serendipity_

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

yea I was getting kind of rude towards the end because I know 100% for sure he was wrong.. I am calling him now to rub it in

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Agreed...definitely misinformed!!! Otherwise all of us are terribly misguided, waiting to be with out significant others.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Agreed...definitely misinformed!!! Otherwise all of us are terribly misguided, waiting to be with out significant others.

:lol:

ya really, what are we all doing on VJ when we can be booking tix for our spouses!

:running off to royal jordanian website:

It's funny to hear the misinformed "rumors" about immigration to the US. Yazied shared some of the stories he has heard form guys at the cafe. WOW

yea I was getting kind of rude towards the end because I know 100% for sure he was wrong.. I am calling him now to rub it in

put him on speaker

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No one will ever understand the working of VSC!!!

How are you making out at NVC girlfriend??!!

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.