Serendipity_

VERMONT K-3 No Touches, No APPROVALS week of March 2, 2009.

480 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
FOR YOU LISA.....

check this out

LIFE ACT POST

ya, we pm'd about that. Since Im the "the life act is being ignored by vsc" queen :lol: but i hadnt seen the thread or heard since he was off to investigate.

I just replied with what i found after he told me.

Edited by Lisa wa Yazied

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
OK I got a response to the Expedite request.... The dumb broad who put in my request used MEDICAL as a reason so now they are requesting the same ####### they asked for before..... Are these people for real ?? Now I have to call and tell them she used the wrong reason... I think they just want you to be frustrated so you will back down and run away with your tail between your legs... then they can cancel your petition..... One less to process

:bonk: I will repeat what I stated above theory= to make us go nuts and give up and this way less files for them to process ... :lol: Still refusing to be mad :whistle:

OK I got a response to the Expedite request.... The dumb broad who put in my request used MEDICAL as a reason so now they are requesting the same ####### they asked for before..... Are these people for real ?? Now I have to call and tell them she used the wrong reason... I think they just want you to be frustrated so you will back down and run away with your tail between your legs... then they can cancel your petition..... One less to process

Isn't it strange that they have been making so many mistakes while putting in expedite request lately??? (GS, You and ME)

I am begining to wonder? :ranting:

INDEEDDDDDDD... :yes: I SMELL SOMETHING REALLY FISHY GOING ON HERE. I THINK SO MANY OF US K3 SUCKERS FROM VJ HAVE WISED UP TO THE GAME, NOW THEY ARE CREATING NEW WAYS TO THROW US OFF AND DELAY US SO THEY CATCH UP. RMB THEY NEED TO KEEP US OCCUPIED DURING THE 3-MONTH BUFFER. :wacko: THAT'S WHY U CAN'T LET THEM RETHINK YOUR DECISION!! U WAITED THIS LONG!! HANG IN THERE. THIS GOTTA BE OVER SOME DAY SOON!

I thank you so much for your response and support. This whole delayed process has gotten me & my hubby at each others throats with frustration. Thank God we've maintained our ability to take a step back, breathe & still laugh with each other but its really taking its toll.

DEFINITELY, DO NOT LET THEM DO THAT TO OUR BEAUTIFUL RELATIONSHIP. IT'S EASY TO GIVE UNDER PRESSURE FROM ALL OF THE FRUSTRATION. NO WAY I WILL ALLOW THEM TO MAKE ME MAD AT MY HUSBAND. IT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S NOT HIS FAULT. NEED TO ALWAYS REMIND OURSELVES THAT AND KEEP THE :wub: GOING. GS

Truthfully, I'm really torn as to what to do next - call, not call, wait for the max date to hear from VSC, submit for service request - our heads are really swimming ??????????

CALL!! WHAT ELSE CAN WE GO IN THE MEANTIME! IT IS OUR RIGHT TO WANT OUR SOs here ASAP! (AGAIN NOT YELLING, JUST USING CAPS TO MAKE A POINT ;) GS)

I'm really hoping with VSC giving us a April 2nd date for 60 days to reply our RFE that they rec'd back on Feb 2, 2009 that the VSC timelines are accurate cause heres what ours states:

Based on timeline data, your I130 may be adjudicated between November 15, 2008 and December 22, 2008*.

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between March 7, 2009 and March 30, 2009* (this includes an estimated 14 day delay for your RFE).

Definitely keep everyone posted ... :star:

Hasn't been the best start to March for K3 at all. I had hoped with so many approvals coming out this past January that maybe VSC had imporved their procesing times but NO - very disappointing.

We have been waiting (as of today) for 259 days since filing our I130 & 199 days since filing our I129F. When we called VSC 2 weeks ago, we were told we can file a service request on April 2 if we dont hear anything from them by that date.

Yes, we got an RFE & yes we've seen a few couples come through & get approved on K1 even with an RFE who have a SHORTER timeline from than us.

Even with checking Igor's list, numerous couple who filed in June - like us - have been approved as well as couples on K3 after us from July, August & did I see a September approval? I know the process for each may be different but #######...? K3's design was to eliminate lengthy seperations. I dont even want to think about what the extra stress of waiting will do to us if we also have to endure a loooooong AP process to.

We have done our fair share of waiting like everyone else but are only becoming increasingly impatient and disappointed. Wish you all the best & sincerely hope we all get what we want very, very soon. (F)

Has there been any approvals this week at all??? I haven't seen anything on the forums yet. This is crazy !

Angel,

Call and put in an EXPEDITE request ( not a service request) and use ERROR as your reason due to your file being out of the date range on the USCIS website. Your expedite might not get approved BUT maybe it will draw attention. Put in a request for both petitions.

hEY wha't that page or list Igor's where we can see who has updated approvals, I can't never get to it..someone please.

Hit the immigration timelines link . Its right there on top of the lists.

Angel, I feel you :( I need to be the strong one this week. My husband's turn to be down and depressed. Last week he lifted me up, my turn to do the same for him and for all you in this forum. Send me a PM if u need a listening ear or u just can't take it and feel u have reached a breaking point. I was just there last week and have bounced back for now (no telling when I will bounce right back to depression, so get the most of me while you can as far as listening ear :P )

(((((((((((((HUGS TO ALL)))))))))) I Think we can all use some given this madness!

KARMA STAR TIME :star::star::star::star::star:

We still got our congressmen/senators. God bless those guys! I just got off the phone with my senator. They are still processing my request. So I will wait till the end of the week to find out how much they can help. But feels good to know I got one more option left. :thumbs: I found the name of the woman who will help me- NICOLE. At least now I have a name to hold on to- she will be the straw I need to hang on to so I can keep my head above water :)

Edited by GS4EVER

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Timeline
I'm really hoping with VSC giving us a April 2nd date for 60 days to reply our RFE that they rec'd back on Feb 2, 2009 that the VSC timelines are accurate cause heres what ours states:

Hasn't been the best start to March for K3 at all. I had hoped with so many approvals coming out this past January that maybe VSC had imporved their procesing times but NO - very disappointing.

We have been waiting (as of today) for 259 days since filing our I130 & 199 days since filing our I129F. When we called VSC 2 weeks ago, we were told we can file a service request on April 2 if we dont hear anything from them by that date.

Yes, we got an RFE & yes we've seen a few couples come through & get approved on K1 even with an RFE who have a SHORTER timeline from than us.

Even with checking Igor's list, numerous couple who filed in June - like us - have been approved as well as couples on K3 after us from July, August & did I see a September approval? I know the process for each may be different but #######...? K3's design was to eliminate lengthy seperations. I dont even want to think about what the extra stress of waiting will do to us if we also have to endure a loooooong AP process to.

We have done our fair share of waiting like everyone else but are only becoming increasingly impatient and disappointed. Wish you all the best & sincerely hope we all get what we want very, very soon. (F)

Has there been any approvals this week at all??? I haven't seen anything on the forums yet. This is crazy !

Angel,

Call and put in an EXPEDITE request ( not a service request) and use ERROR as your reason due to your file being out of the date range on the USCIS website. Your expedite might not get approved BUT maybe it will draw attention. Put in a request for both petitions.

hEY wha't that page or list Igor's where we can see who has updated approvals, I can't never get to it..someone please.

Hit the immigration timelines link . Its right there on top of the lists.

Angel,

If you don't mind my asking what did they request in the REF? You can PM me if u would rather not post or not share at all. No pressure :)

I have a feeling u will be approved soon, especially that they requested an RFE. Normally once they get the required paperwork back, they pull up ur file again and continue processing :yes: .

I also know Jen is close since her file is sitting on a desk. Jen, what is your congressman saying to u when u ask what's going on? Light up the fire and turn the knob on high :devil:

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Once you've returned the RFE it won't take much longer. You've been on here awhile. I'm sure you've noticed that once people get RFE's they usually get them approved pretty quick. By quick I've seen some take 10 days and the longest one I saw was about a month and a half. You've already passed a month since you sent the RFE in. It should come any day now Inshallah.

Interesting about messing up the expedite requests...it is so not worth it. It really doesn't help, other than keep you occupied. I really really really want you all to get your approvals. My wounds of waiting are still fresh and it's getting on my nerves that you're not approve and others from freakin 2009 have already been approved. Granted, they were stand alone I-130's but it's not your fault that you were duped into believing the K3 was faster. I'll never forget the magic words from the lawyer "K3's process within 4-6 months...in some cases if they request something which is missing, 8 months"...to be honest though? The other lawyer in the same firm told me "The process will probably take a year to a year and a half before your husband is here." Next week will be a year since I met with that attorney. So looks like he's on target. That is, if we don't get put into AP.

Timeline
Once you've returned the RFE it won't take much longer. You've been on here awhile. I'm sure you've noticed that once people get RFE's they usually get them approved pretty quick. By quick I've seen some take 10 days and the longest one I saw was about a month and a half. You've already passed a month since you sent the RFE in. It should come any day now Inshallah.

I DEMAND AN RFE NOWWWWWW :protest::ranting::protest: I thought the freakin' expedite would at least get me a touch- but nothing, nada, zip. My portfolio still shows the same info from last october :crying:

Interesting about messing up the expedite requests...it is so not worth it. It really doesn't help, other than keep you occupied.

EXACTLY!!! lol I guess it temporarily keeps u going. I had prepared myself for the denial anyways which is why I am not that pissed especially since I have yet to reach the 250 day mark for I 130. And I know others ahead of me are still waiting, so I can't yet totally lose it.

I really really really want you all to get your approvals. My wounds of waiting are still fresh and it's getting on my nerves that you're not approve and others from freakin 2009 have already been approved. Granted, they were stand alone I-130's but it's not your fault that you were duped into believing the K3 was faster. I'll never forget the magic words from the lawyer "K3's process within 4-6 months...in some cases if they request something which is missing, 8 months"...to be honest though? The other lawyer in the same firm told me "The process will probably take a year to a year and a half before your husband is here." Next week will be a year since I met with that attorney. So looks like he's on target. That is, if we don't get put into AP.

Our stupid lawyer charged us 1500 extra to put in the K3! We were duped and robbed blind! I don't care though if after all said and done it brings my husband back to me whether it's via K3 or I 130. Just get the man here!! :no:

And just like Jen's lawyer, God forbid you ask him qs, OMG it's as if it's the end of the world. He got paid upfront so why should he bother answering any qs?? Even the tax q I raised his answer was my hourly rate is 395 would u like for me to research this further for you?? HELL NOOOOOOOOO, idiot!! at 400/hr I can research it myself thank u very much! I can't believe they make so much per hour!! SO FREAKIN UNFAIR! How are we the poor masses who don't even make 10 times less, supposed to afford paying for their services??? Don't even get me started on lawyers. I could go on and on! And I don't want to hear they worked hard in law school and paid ton of money excuse. God knows how much more good I do with my job and it entails so much stress and I don't get paid nearly enough! :angry:

Edited by GS4EVER

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I seriously considered hiring a lawyer, thankfully, I found this site, and decided to do the paperwork myself. Once the lawyers get your money, its onto the next client for them. What a pain!!! Hopefully all of the waiting ends soon!!!

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

I DEMAND AN RFE NOWWWWWW :protest::ranting::protest: I thought the freakin' expedite would at least get me a touch- but nothing, nada, zip. My portfolio still shows the same info from last october :crying:

Interesting about messing up the expedite requests...it is so not worth it. It really doesn't help, other than keep you occupied.

EXACTLY!!! lol I guess it temporarily keeps u going. I had prepared myself for the denial anyways which is why I am not that pissed especially since I have yet to reach the 250 day mark for I 130. And I know others ahead of me are still waiting, so I can't yet totally lose it.

I really really really want you all to get your approvals. My wounds of waiting are still fresh and it's getting on my nerves that you're not approve and others from freakin 2009 have already been approved. Granted, they were stand alone I-130's but it's not your fault that you were duped into believing the K3 was faster. I'll never forget the magic words from the lawyer "K3's process within 4-6 months...in some cases if they request something which is missing, 8 months"...to be honest though? The other lawyer in the same firm told me "The process will probably take a year to a year and a half before your husband is here." Next week will be a year since I met with that attorney. So looks like he's on target. That is, if we don't get put into AP.

Our stupid lawyer charged us 1500 extra to put in the K3! We were duped and robbed blind! I don't care though if after all said and done it brings my husband back to me whether it's via K3 or I 130. Just get the man here!! :no:

And just like Jen's lawyer, God forbid you ask him qs, OMG it's as if it's the end of the world. He got paid upfront so why should he bother answering any qs?? Even the tax q I raised his answer was my hourly rate is 395 would u like for me to research this further for you?? HELL NOOOOOOOOO, idiot!! at 400/hr I can research it myself thank u very much! I can't believe they make so much per hour!! SO FREAKIN UNFAIR! How are we the poor masses who don't even make 10 times less, supposed to afford paying for their services??? Don't even get me started on lawyers. I could go on and on! And I don't want to hear they worked hard in law school and paid ton of money excuse. God knows how much more good I do with my job and it entails so much stress and I don't get paid nearly enough! :angry:

The K-3 fee is waived. And the application is basically the same informaton. All the attorney had to do is type a cover letter and mail it out. I only filled out one ONLINE application. My attorney used that for both apps. He told me upfront the K-3 was free to file. I can't believe they charged you an extra $1500. It isn't like you are going to take both paths. You can only take one. Its either or. Hmmm some people DANG !!!

I was wondering if requesting an expedite pulls your file out of order when they are processing it... Like I was thinking... maybe I am causing more damage than good by making them pull my file. Just a thought.

Anyways.... Im off to Target with my son. Then to the mall and Old Navy. If all else fails.... GO SHOPPING !!!

Edited by esposadetucho

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
The processing time information that USCIS publishes is useless. And they do everything to ensure that they are not held accountable to it. First of all you cannot file a service request unless your case is at least 30 days outside their official timeline. That gives them an extra month. On top of that they publish the processing times as of December in February. That gives them another 2 months. So they have a 3 month buffer after they have started processing say July applications before the July filers can start bugging them (within which time they are likely to process all the applications from July anyway).

The timelines from VJ need to be taken with a pinch of salt as well because they can be quite optimistic. For instance VJ timelines say VSC is working on September K3 cases whereas a majority of July and August filers are still waiting for approval. The VJ timelines are likely based on a small sample set with no mechanism in place to correctly account for expedited cases, cases transferred from VSC to CSC and so on (at the very least the I-130 timelines need to be split into K3 and CR1 because CR1 tends to be faster for I-130 approvals).

All in all I have found that spending too much time obsessing about the timeline information leaves me all the more confused and frustrated. There are some K3 cases from September that have been approved. Does that mean that I will also be approved soon ? But then again there are July filers still waiting. Does that mean I may have to wait another 2-3 months ? I wish there was more of a rhyme or reason to this process but as I have found with USCIS in the past (having gone through the green card and citizenship process myself), the best thing to do is to not get too stressed out and to let things happen in due course. Of course this is something you realize when you look back on the process but as you are waiting for an approval each passing day seems like a torture - especially if people behind you in the queue are getting ahead of you every day.

-D

RooDee,

This makes perfect sense to me, but the one thing is that before when I started obsessing with their processing times, they had it up to date andnot two month behind...so it was easy to gauge where u were in process but now with this ####### about posting processing times say the month of Dec when we're in march is rediculous and its just buying them time...true true..one most take it easy antake this times lines with a grain of salt or else you will go crazy indeed!!!

CR1 ---------> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

K3 ~~~~~~> APPROVED MARCH 9, 2009

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

The waiting for the petition to be approved is not fun!!! However, when you get that NOA2, it feels like there has been a heavy weight that has been lifted. Once you get to NVC, there is a process in place, and they are able to give you accurate statuses instead of reading you their website when you call.

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I seriously considered hiring a lawyer, thankfully, I found this site, and decided to do the paperwork myself. Once the lawyers get your money, its onto the next client for them. What a pain!!! Hopefully all of the waiting ends soon!!!

Que,

I agree with you, unless you had a complicated case there's really no need to give all your money to these lawyers. I think everyone can fill out an application and do research on anything they don't really understand, and/or make an appt with a rep at the local inmigration locations...basically that's what I did...no difference from you guys who paid a lawyer, we all gotta wait!!

Timeline
The K-3 fee is waived. I can't believe they charged you an extra $1500. It isn't like you are going to take both paths. You can only take one. Its either or. Hmmm some people DANG !!!

I was wondering if requesting an expedite pulls your file out of order when they are processing it... Like I was thinking... maybe I am causing more damage than good by making them pull my file. Just a thought.

Anyways.... Im off to Target with my son. Then to the mall and Old Navy. If all else fails.... GO SHOPPING !!!

Yeah, I was wondering the same but the immigration officer I spoke to said no they would remain where they are, depending upon receipt date (NOT SURE I BELIEVE THIS IS THE CASE THOUGH). I hope we didn't jinx it further. But in ur case it doesn't matter, it is already sitting on the abjudicator's desk. He he :P I am picturing Jen's file going nuts in there and yelling pick me darn it!! :lol:

Happy shopping! I am so broke, I can't even do that!

The waiting for the petition to be approved is not fun!!! However, when you get that NOA2, it feels like there has been a heavy weight that has been lifted. Once you get to NVC, there is a process in place, and they are able to give you accurate statuses instead of reading you their website when you call.

Q, I can't wait! I can imagine! Putting in the expedite almost felt that good, so I can imagine what receipt of NOA2 would do :dance::star::dance::star:

Que,

I agree with you, unless you had a complicated case there's really no need to give all your money to these lawyers. I think everyone can fill out an application and do research on anything they don't really understand, and/or make an appt with a rep at the local inmigration locations...basically that's what I did...no difference from you guys who paid a lawyer, we all gotta wait!!

Mayra, u r absolutely right. All we are is this to them: $$$$$. What should he care. He can't even beging to comprehend what it's like to be in our shoes. His wife is home when he gets back from work, or SOs are NOT!!

Should have used the money from the lawyer to visit my hubby come spring break!! :crying: Just didn't think it would take this long. I rmb when he told me it would take 6 mons how me and husband thouht OMG 6 mons is a long time. Now what I wouldn't give to have him here within 6 mons!! :no: We simply hired him cz we were new to the process and didn't know of VJ yet and didn't want to take risks!

Where is the rest of the familia?

Edited by GS4EVER

The K-3 fee is waived. I can't believe they charged you an extra $1500. It isn't like you are going to take both paths. You can only take one. Its either or. Hmmm some people DANG !!!

Yeah, I was wondering the same but the immigration officer I spoke to said no they would remain where they are, depending upon receipt date (NOT SURE I BELIEVE THIS IS THE CASE THOUGH). I hope we didn't jinx it further. But in ur case it doesn't matter, it is already sitting on the abjudicator's desk. He he :P I am picturing Jen's file going nuts in there and yelling pick me darn it!! :lol:

Happy shopping! I am so broke, I can't even do that!

Q, I can't wait! I can imagine! Putting in the expedite almost felt that good, so I can imagine what receipt of NOA2 would do :dance::star::dance::star:

Que,

Mayra, u r absolutely right. All we are is this to them: $$$$$. What should he care. He can't even beging to comprehend what it's like to be in our shoes. His wife is home when he gets back from work, or SOs are NOT!!

Should have used the money from the lawyer to visit my hubby come spring break!! :crying: Just didn't think it would take this long. I rmb when he told me it would take 6 mons how me and husband thouht OMG 6 mons is a long time. Now what I wouldn't give to have him here within 6 mons!! :no: We simply hired him cz we were new to the process and didn't know of VJ yet and didn't want to take risks!

Where is the rest of the familia?

My husband hired a lawyer and wasted his money.. Lawyer just waited with us. That's it!!! We paid him for just sending the documents.. Such a very expensive messenger!!! :wacko: And you are right, lawyers wouldn't even care. They would just wait for approval like we do. :blink:

I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how -- completely and forever......

Timeline

My husband hired a lawyer and wasted his money.. Lawyer just waited with us. That's it!!! We paid him for just sending the documents.. Such a very expensive messenger!!! :wacko: And you are right, lawyers wouldn't even care. They would just wait for approval like we do. :blink:

I like that "Such a very expensive messenger!!!" :lol:

"They would just wait for approval like we do." :blink: Yup, that is exactly true. When I ask my lawyer qs, he calmly says "We are in a holding pattern until approval" DUHHHHHH? U think I didn't know that already? To be fair though he sort of answered some of my qs hesitently cz I bugged him so much! He then added, I basically explained there is nothing we can do till approval time and if you want me to research further at the rate of 395/hr let my office know. Do I look like a millionaire?? Who can afford to hire someone for 400 bucks per hour?? NOT ME! IF I DID, I would have put in a leave of absence, travelled to LB and waited this whole process with my hubby over there!! :crying: Too bad at this time that's not at all feasable! :(

Edited by GS4EVER

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My lawyer, although like everyone else, was useless in making it go faster or easier... Ah, he's always been extremely nice and accomodating. Of course I have 5 petitions with him...that might be why LOOOOOOOOL I did not pay him entirely up front, for the reason that I didn't want to be dropped and forgotten. I paid half now and half upon completion. To tell the truth, he has always done his best to keep me happy. He always gets his assistants to take care of our stuff fast. I complained when they took 2 months to review the stepkids case and mail it out... and told him I'm not feeling appreciated as a customer LOL He's no dummy. He was seeing 4 potential clients in a couple years for naturalization!...after that they've been on the ball with the rest of the paperwork.

Timeline
My lawyer, although like everyone else, was useless in making it go faster or easier... Ah, he's always been extremely nice and accomodating. Of course I have 5 petitions with him...that might be why LOOOOOOOOL I did not pay him entirely up front, for the reason that I didn't want to be dropped and forgotten. I paid half now and half upon completion. To tell the truth, he has always done his best to keep me happy. He always gets his assistants to take care of our stuff fast. I complained when they took 2 months to review the stepkids case and mail it out... and told him I'm not feeling appreciated as a customer LOL He's no dummy. He was seeing 4 potential clients in a couple years for naturalization!...after that they've been on the ball with the rest of the paperwork.

I keep saying why would you need a lawyer, unless your case is complicated then use one. if not do it yourself!!!

I have gone through naturalization and I just filled out the forms and sent it in...

Notime, when your family gets here and are able to become citizen, please don't waste your money.

There are always community based entities that can help you with forms and these processes for way cheaper...just research around where you live or them ;):star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.