ariesgirl

my k3 application forwarded to Fraud unit

74 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

wow ariesgirl. I hope it means they are approving it since they sent it back to the nonimmigrnat unit...sounds like you cleared the fraud unit :thumbs:

Good Luck and let us know!

Maybe your husband can call the consulate and ask what this means..if you are approved or what? maybe he can just say: when can my wife expect the visa to be issued ;)

(F)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wow, they asked a lot of questions! I would hope that them saying that will give the papers to the non-immigration visa unit means they're approving it. I can't believe you didn't ask them! :) Hopefully you'll hear GOOD news soon. Thanks so much for letting us know how it went! Make sure you let us know when you get the visa! Best of luck! (F)

Thank you carlawarla. I will surely update you. I didn't ask anything, because of a feeling that i just wanna finish it, and to leave the office :wacko: I pray since i passed the long process at the fraud unit, i will hear good news soon :innocent:

09-24-2008: I-130 sent

10-01-2008: I-130 NOA1

10- -2008: I-129F sent

11-01-2008: I-129F NOA1

01-21-2009: I-129F NOA2

01-23-2009: I-130 approved

02-07-2009: received letter from NVC - Choice of Agent and Address form.

02-23-2009: USEM Interview for k3 (but case forwarded to FPU)

03-02-2009: called FPU for the listing of additional requirements

03-12-2009: returned to FPU, submitted documents and had an interview.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

03-26-2009: done with the fraud unit

03-30-2009: recieved the instruction packet for CR-1

05-09-2009: visa received

05-12-2009: my flight to Sacramento California

Timeline
non-immigrant visa unit would be the wrong place ... "K" visas are issued in the immigrant visa unit...

oh oh! I'm not sure if i heard it right if she said non-immigrant or immigrant visa unit :huh: I didn't able to clear also if i am approved or not, but i hope since I able to answer all the questions honestly, and i able to support my answers with valid documents, my papers will go to the visa unit that will issue my visa soon. :innocent:

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

Timeline
wow ariesgirl. I hope it means they are approving it since they sent it back to the nonimmigrnat unit...sounds like you cleared the fraud unit :thumbs:

Good Luck and let us know!

Maybe your husband can call the consulate and ask what this means..if you are approved or what? maybe he can just say: when can my wife expect the visa to be issued ;)

(F)

Hi Lisa, yeah thank God i was able to clear up issues with them. I hope the rest will come positively. i will keep you guys updated (F)

non-immigrant visa unit would be the wrong place ... "K" visas are issued in the immigrant visa unit...

oh oh! I'm not sure if i heard it right if she said non-immigrant or immigrant visa unit :huh: I didn't able to clear also if i am approved or not, but i hope since I able to answer all the questions honestly, and i able to support my answers with valid documents, my papers will go to the visa unit that will issue my visa soon. :innocent:

Looks like you'll be getting a GREAT birthday from Air 21 soon! :dance:

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Looks like you'll be getting a GREAT birthday from Air 21 soon! :dance:

Yeah my birthday is approaching and it would be a great birthday gift for me and that's my birthday wish also. :D I hope i can hear good news soon. Thanks Haole.

Hi Ariesgirl,

Did they advised you to pay visa delivery? if yes, you are approved. God bless!! :)

Timeline

Hi Ariesgirl,

Did they advised you to pay visa delivery? if yes, you are approved. God bless!! :)

No they didn't ask me to pay for the visa delivery. After the head consul signed my sworn statement and put a dry seal, he brought me back to my interviewer. I asked my interviewer what is next she just said, they will send it back to visa unit ( im not sure if i heard it non-immigrant or immigrant). Then she returned some original documents. I read some post here, that says, some just received a phone call that their visa is already issued and will pay the delivery on cash basis. But i am still hang up there.

Timeline
Hi there ariesgirl!

How long did your husband stay with you? and how many times he went here to visit you?

Hope you'll get your visa soon...

Have faith and God bless!

Hi Reaubean, his first visit was April 2007 he stayed for 1 week, then he came back last June 2008 to august 2008 he stayed for 2 months. We got married last June 2008.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I cannot tell you how happy I was you posted on my thread "ariesgirl". This is the kind of post I was fishing for. In all honesty I should have been the one to find yours. I had to think really hard about what you said. I did not give it much thought at the time. But I am sure it played a factor as to why Mercy and my application got sent to the Fraud Unit. I asked Mercy if they said much about our age difference but she said no but after reading your thread I am more convinced that they were upset about it as well. I am 32 years older then she is.

According to the Statutes they cannot deny you because of age. If push came to shove I could probably come up with the Statute #. I am sure it gives them a lot of grief that they cannot deny because of this. But then the have to come up with something else and the closest thing they can come up with is fraud or the statements are unreliable or misleading and they cannot just say that they are inconsistent they have to prove that you had some ulterior motive or reason to lie. So he would fixate on why he feels you would be unhappy with your husband when you got to the US and so you would divorce him or something like that. Just to say that you came back from your honeymoon on a Thursday and it turned out to be a Friday is not sufficient. So you will know if you are in the brown stuff if they fixate on some aspect in your interview. Unfortunately some of this is up to the interviewer and how he spins it. I would not worry to much about it because they would really have to have overwhelming evidence and you would know it if you were in trouble.

If they cannot come up with anything they have been known to sit on it. This is if they cannot prove anything but they believe something is wrong also. Fortunately the cannot just sit on it they are not allowed to. I do not remember where I read it. There is no Statute on it. But there is a directive and it states that they have to clear up these petitions up in a timely manner and if they don't they will be told to clear these up from the National Visa Center if they take to long . This is why it is absolutely important to contact your elected representative to oversee this process or it might be sat upon unduly. Usually these things take in the months time frame depending on what the Embassy feels that they can get away with.

I believe that as long as what you told interrogator is what you told us you should be getting your Visa soon. They may not be happy with it but I do not think they should be passing judgment on love anyway.

Oh... as far as the previous posters that said that your husband should go to the interrogation with you. Been there done that. They did not want to see me! But it would be good to document that he had been back to see you a lot.

I have a question... Were you at any time asked to withdraw you application or petition and how forceful were they about it?

I will be looking forward to hearing about your approved application.

Best wishes,

Bill and Mercy

Timeline
I cannot tell you how happy I was you posted on my thread "ariesgirl". This is the kind of post I was fishing for. In all honesty I should have been the one to find yours. I had to think really hard about what you said. I did not give it much thought at the time. But I am sure it played a factor as to why Mercy and my application got sent to the Fraud Unit. I asked Mercy if they said much about our age difference but she said no but after reading your thread I am more convinced that they were upset about it as well. I am 32 years older then she is.

I have a question... Were you at any time asked to withdraw you application or petition and how forceful were they about it?

They never told me to withdraw directly. My first encounter with the fraud unit was last march 12, my interviewer said why I married a divorced man, i am single, i have a good job, Am I that desperate to go to the US? The interviewer tried to confuse me that this path I am going through is wrong. , My interviewer also told me stories where some applicants withdraw their application after enlightening them that this is not the right path for them, that they deserve something better. So i think its just a part of the interviewer's strategy to encourage indirectly the applicant to withdraw, it depends on the applicant on how they gonna stand out for the relationship and to prove that it is love that made them together more than anything else.

As i have read in some thread, there's what they called redflag, one of those is the big age gap. Of course at first since the consul didn't know the background of the relationship, and they think that there's something to be cleared of or to clarify, they forward the case to the fraud unit, who conducts interview in a very detailed way which takes long hours. The applicant will ask first to answer a 2 pages questionnaire which includes educational background, the name of the parents and siblings and their ages, the work history, the residence since birth, some questions about the relationship, how and where did u meet, if you have engagement ring, and even the home address sketch.

In your case, Mercy signed a withdrawal of application, its her choice. Maybe she didn't able to overcome the pressure of the questioning, since she cannot answer some questions especially she doesn't have enough information about you and that was your good chance also to explain why your income is below the poverty line. As i imagine it, she had hard time during the interview because she didn't know how to answer more of the questions especially about you. And that's how the interviewer makes a conclusion about your relationship.

Just take it positively, maybe its the best time for you to get to know each other very well, to build a good and deep relationship, and to have full disclosures about your past, your present and your future plans, before you decides to get married either here in the Philippines or in abroad.

(this is only how I can explain it based on my experience at fraud unit)

Goodluck!

oh wow! i myt be in trouble then! haha.. i'm 27 my hubby's 45. tsk tsk tsk.

i've been asked a lot about the reason why my hubby and his ex-wife got divorce in the Commission on Filipino Overseas. Dang! I have to prepare myself then. Haha. I'm short tempered, my fuse might lit up. :)) Better be careful.

thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

(to update this forum again) I just called the embassy today and asked for the status of my k3 application, and the customer service i talked to in the immigrant visa said that as of April 7, my papers are still under review and the turn-over period is 6 months so call them back after 6 months. She said I might be called for another interview, or to submit additional documents, and I will be notified for another instructions. I am very dismayed because i was done with the fraud unit, and I thought everything was okay I have submitted all the documents they required, I answered all the questions with all honesty. I am just wondering now, if my papers will be under another review in the immigrant visa unit, why my interviewer in the fraud unit returned to me the 600 pages chats, the emails from my husband, the emails to my husband, the 300 copies of pictures together i brought that day, they are proofs of our relationship. I don't know what to do next.....can i pursue my CR1 since we already paid the $400 and i already received a packet even my K3 is under review?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.