ariesgirl

my k3 application forwarded to Fraud unit

74 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I was interviewed at the embassy last february 23, 2009 for my k3 visa application, but unfortunately, my papers were forwarded to fraud unit. During my interview with the consular i was hit by the issue of age gap. My husband is far older than me. The consul bluntly told me that he dont believe theres true love, and he rather accept my answer if i would just be honest and tell him that after i got my greencard i will divorce my husband. I was shocked because it never came on my mind, never been in my plans. I tried to convinced him but his mind was closed to that idea. Then after that, I was asked to proceed at room 1206, where i filled up and answered 2 pages back to back questionnaire. but after i finished that, i thought i will be interviewed right away just like the two men earlier than me, but the officer in charge told me that i will be called within a week for the interview schedule, but they didnt called me until friday so at 4pm february 27, i called the FPU and asked about the status of my apllication, the woman named Ms. Rose told me to call her back again on march 2, today for the listing of additional requirements she might be needing.

I dont know what will happen next, or how long it will take. Is there anyone here who can help me, to give me some insights or ideas on what should i expect or what should i prepare. Thanks in advance

The FPU will contact you soon for another interview, interview takes more than an hour with a filipino staff be prepare with your answers just relax and be honest tell them what you really feel towards your husband, after that final interview with the Dept. Head his an American answer his questions brief and concise look to his eyes while answering the questions... you will sign the sworn statement with Dept. Head and they will conduct the field investigation with your husband, tell your husband to send an email to them maybe twice a week and much better your husband can call them for follow-up...Good Luck just pray you will be okey...

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you finally answer his question or were you just so shocked that you choked?

(F)

Hi Lisa. The first thing he asked me is our age, then when he heard my answer he sat up straight facing me and he started to interrogate me about the age gap. i tried to contradict and firmly answered him that i wont do that, and i love my husband, we were almost in 2 years relationship before we got married. But he insisted that, he dont believe theres true love, and just be honest to him that i will only divorce my husband after i got my greencard and when i answered him ' No sir i wont do that to him", he answered me back.." No, im telling you, you can divorve him after you got your greencard". I was really dismayed.

I believe yopu can file an appeal of thre decision but have to file within a certain time from the disapproval. If you are providing all of the information I believe the CO was out of line

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You might just tell the person you absolutly do not want a divorce ever. You really want to have a good marriage, and if they insist, ask to speak to a supervisor. You can always tell them to screw off and get an attorney. They really do not have a leg to stand on. My marriage has a 24 year age difference BTW.

06-10-2008I-130 sent Chicago lock box

10-16-2008 (NOA1)Received Calif service center

10-19-2008 (touch)

10-25-2008 (NOA2) I-130 approval sent to NVC

02-10-2009 Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

thank you for your post. It gave me hope. I'm looking forward for a positive outcome. I hope God will clear up their minds on their misjudgement. Thanks for the prayer.

I was FORMERLY married to a filipina!

She lied to the USA Embasy there in MNL and planned to divorce me once she got to the USA with her other American BF that met her in Cebu and lived in California. Yes, this happened after we were married and waiting to get reunited in the USA! Initially, the Embassy said they needed her to come back another day to show a true marriage. I sent photos via the internet to her and she printed them for the Embassy! Within 90 days of arriving in the USA she had SEX and got pregnant by another man! Within 5 months she had moved to her cousin's house 1000 miles away and lived rent free for over a year with her daughter! When her cousin went back to Dumaguete, she had SEX with her cousin's husband and lived in a hotel paid by him for a month. I learned the term Puta Ka from her cousin, even though they speak Cebuano!

Yes, the Embassy is beginning to understand that a marriage is not always what it should be when back in the USA! Our age difference was just 15 years, but her cousin was told I could not have children as the reason she was with other men! My new wife and baby from Colombia proves her wrong!

If you think you are not being treated nicely, then think of the years I spent trying to prove her child was not mine! Here, when your wife is unfaithful, her child is your child! She does not get arrested for adultury! She just divorces you and marries her baby's father, while you give her child support for his baby!

This is the reason the Embassy is asking the questions you have heard from them!

Been to Colombia 17 times!

just relax when you have your interview in fraud unit....they just keep on asking you the same questions over and over again to know if you are telling the truth and if you are consistent with your answers...and be nice coz they are nice there in fraud...

if your intentions are true God will see it so dont worry.

be ready for some personal questions...thats it.

God bless you.

We also had the interview with the fraud unit. They will try to confuse you and have you make mistakes. Take you're time and be sure of the question before you answer. My wife was in the annex lobby all day. After the interview it took two months and seventeen days before the visa arrived. I am the US citizen, and was in constant contact with the embassy. Try to remember all the questions that was on the two pages, they will ask them again. It is important that you answer the questions.

Our age difference is twenty six years. We made it and are praying that you have good results...... :thumbs:

thank you for your post. It gave me hope. I'm looking forward for a positive outcome. I hope God will clear up their minds on their misjudgement. Thanks for the prayer.

I was FORMERLY married to a filipina!

She lied to the USA Embasy there in MNL and planned to divorce me once she got to the USA with her other American BF that met her in Cebu and lived in California. Yes, this happened after we were married and waiting to get reunited in the USA! Initially, the Embassy said they needed her to come back another day to show a true marriage. I sent photos via the internet to her and she printed them for the Embassy! Within 90 days of arriving in the USA she had SEX and got pregnant by another man! Within 5 months she had moved to her cousin's house 1000 miles away and lived rent free for over a year with her daughter! When her cousin went back to Dumaguete, she had SEX with her cousin's husband and lived in a hotel paid by him for a month. I learned the term Puta Ka from her cousin, even though they speak Cebuano!

Yes, the Embassy is beginning to understand that a marriage is not always what it should be when back in the USA! Our age difference was just 15 years, but her cousin was told I could not have children as the reason she was with other men! My new wife and baby from Colombia proves her wrong!

If you think you are not being treated nicely, then think of the years I spent trying to prove her child was not mine! Here, when your wife is unfaithful, her child is your child! She does not get arrested for adultury! She just divorces you and marries her baby's father, while you give her child support for his baby!

This is the reason the Embassy is asking the questions you have heard from them!

Sorry to hear about your story. Please know that not all filipinas are like your ex-wife.

Timeline

The Fraud unit gave me list of additional documents and once i completed all those, I'll call them back. I hope they will give me schedule for the next interview. :innocent:

09-24-2008: I-130 sent

10-01-2008: I-130 NOA1

10- -2008: I-129F sent

11-01-2008: I-129F NOA1

01-21-2009: I-129F NOA2

01-23-2009: I-130 approved

02-07-2009: received letter from NVC - Choice of Agent and Address form.

02-23-2009: USEM Interview for k3 (but case forwarded to FPU)

03-02-2009: called FPU for the listing of additional requirements

03-12-2009: returned to FPU, submitted documents and had an interview.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

03-26-2009: done with the fraud unit

03-30-2009: recieved the instruction packet for CR-1

05-09-2009: visa received

05-12-2009: my flight to Sacramento California

Timeline
The Fraud unit gave me list of additional documents and once i completed all those, I'll call them back. I hope they will give me schedule for the next interview. :innocent:

First thing to do is complete all the documents that they needed and send it to the USEM some they dont have a 2nd interview, they just inform you that your visa was already release thats what happen to my friend she went to FDU too and after that they ask her to provide some documents, but one day she received a phone call from embassy that her visa was already issued without sending the documents that shes trying to provide from NSO...the most important thing is your HUSBAND needs to follow-up at USEM by calling them every other day if he can....good luck

EAD APPLICATION:

2009-01-10 ----- E-filed EAD Application

2009-01-20 ------NOA1 Receipt Notice

2009-01-22 ------Biometrics appointment recieved by mail

2009-02-11-------Biometrics Date (done smoothly)

2009-4-15 -------- EAD Approved

2009-4-24 -------- EAD Received by mail ( yyyeeeeessssss)

5bmhyctuim6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

(Just to update this topic) ...I went back to FPU last march 12 to submit the additional requirements they asked. I was being interviewed but it was cut when the interviewer looked for our emails. I am scheduled to go back again on March 26 to submit all the emails and all the chats we have, and for the continuation of the interview. I hope everything goes well.

03-15-2009: received an email from NVC - bill to agent $400 processing fee and paid it

(Just to update this topic) ...I went back to FPU last march 12 to submit the additional requirements they asked. I was being interviewed but it was cut when the interviewer looked for our emails. I am scheduled to go back again on March 26 to submit all the emails and all the chats we have, and for the continuation of the interview. I hope everything goes well.

Hopefully you'll have all the documents they require and you can continue with your interview. They should have told you about the emails the last time. Maybe they're stalling? Please let us know how things pan out.

All the best!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I received a notice from NVC that my I-130 petition is approved and the other day I received a notice regarding 'Bill to Agent" $400 processing fee for I-130 petition. My husband paid the $400 for the processing. My query is that, if ever the embassy issued me a k3 visa, what will happen to the CR-1 petition? Is it necessary to continue the CR-1, even i got approved with my K3? or is there any chance for me since i am having hard time in my K3 to transfer to CR-1? thanks VJs :innocent:

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

(to update this thread) I had my interview yesterday at the fraud unit ( the continuation of my march 12 interview), i brought with me the 600 pages chats, All the emails i sent and i received from husband (because my interviewer said the 20-30 pages emails i submitted initially are not enough) , 300 additional photos, and my government remittances like SSS, health insurance, mutual fund, taxes certified by my employer showing I updated my name to my married name. I had 6 hours interview where my interviewer asked every details about my husband, his job, how he earns his income, his properties, information about his previous marriage - the full name of ex wife, the age, job, how long the marriage last, reason of divorce, who filed the divorce, when the divorce was filed, the name of the kids, age, bday. Also all the details about our relationship, where and when did we meet, what was the first conversation, who started the conversation, how my husband courted me, when we started to have a relationship, when was our first meeting, who initiated the visits, when he said that he wanted to visit me, when he said he wanted to marry me and how things are being said. Who organized the marriage, where is the honeymoon, during his stay here, the places we visited, the date, the reason, the name of the person we visited. In our case we purchased properties, so the proof of the purchase, who initiated the purchase, the reason of the purchase and how things are being said. I was also asked, "If ever your petitioner is not American will you still marry him?", "If ever your petitioner wants to live in the Philippines and no plans of petitioning you, will you still marry him?" , "Did you marry your husband to work in the US?" the last question was "What do you want to say?, anything you want to say".

My interviewer printed out the questions and the answers, then brought me to the office of the head consul, surprisingly, he didn't conduct another interview, he signed the printed question and answer where it says it is my sworn statement and all the information i gave are true and correct, then i signed besides his signature, then he put a dry seal. He asked me if i have question to him, but i didn't ask anything ( i missed my chance to ask if i am approve or not :bonk: ) then he accompanied me going back to my interviewer, i asked my interviewer what is next, she said, she will give back my papers to non- immigrant visa unit. My interviewer also returned the chats, emails, photos and original copies of some important documents i submitted.

:whistle: whew finally, I am done with the interview. Thank God

(to update this thread) I had my interview yesterday at the fraud unit ( the continuation of my march 12 interview), i brought with me the 600 pages chats, All the emails i sent and i received from husband (because my interviewer said the 20-30 pages emails i submitted initially are not enough) , 300 additional photos, and my government remittances like SSS, health insurance, mutual fund, taxes certified by my employer showing I updated my name to my married name. I had 6 hours interview where my interviewer asked every details about my husband, his job, how he earns his income, his properties, information about his previous marriage - the full name of ex wife, the age, job, how long the marriage last, reason of divorce, who filed the divorce, when the divorce was filed, the name of the kids, age, bday. Also all the details about our relationship, where and when did we meet, what was the first conversation, who started the conversation, how my husband courted me, when we started to have a relationship, when was our first meeting, who initiated the visits, when he said that he wanted to visit me, when he said he wanted to marry me and how things are being said. Who organized the marriage, where is the honeymoon, during his stay here, the places we visited, the date, the reason, the name of the person we visited. In our case we purchased properties, so the proof of the purchase, who initiated the purchase, the reason of the purchase and how things are being said. I was also asked, "If ever your petitioner is not American will you still marry him?", "If ever your petitioner wants to live in the Philippines and no plans of petitioning you, will you still marry him?" , "Did you marry your husband to work in the US?" the last question was "What do you want to say?, anything you want to say".

My interviewer printed out the questions and the answers, then brought me to the office of the head consul, surprisingly, he didn't conduct another interview, he signed the printed question and answer where it says it is my sworn statement and all the information i gave are true and correct, then i signed besides his signature, then he put a dry seal. He asked me if i have question to him, but i didn't ask anything ( i missed my chance to ask if i am approve or not :bonk: ) then he accompanied me going back to my interviewer, i asked my interviewer what is next, she said, she will give back my papers to non- immigrant visa unit. My interviewer also returned the chats, emails, photos and original copies of some important documents i submitted.

:whistle: whew finally, I am done with the interview. Thank God

Wow, they asked a lot of questions! I would hope that them saying that will give the papers to the non-immigration visa unit means they're approving it. I can't believe you didn't ask them! :) Hopefully you'll hear GOOD news soon. Thanks so much for letting us know how it went! Make sure you let us know when you get the visa! Best of luck! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.