athyna83

Different Dates being told by USCIS Officer

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am new here and this is the best website I've found that can really give me real help and answers.

I have filed my K1 at the California service center, my fiancee is a UK citizen, but in Hong Kong right now. My received date on my NOA1 is dated March 1, 2006 and Notice Date was March 7, 2006.

I received my NOA2 already and the receipt date on it was March 7, 2006 and Notice Date was May 15, 2006. So I assumed that it was forwarded to the NVC because I was waiting for 4 weeks and didnt hear from the NVC.

I emailed the NVC and they have no record of my petition there and told me to contact the USCIS.

So I called USCIS, and after waiting for 30 min. on the phone the operator couldnt help me and I requested to be transfered to an officer or someone else that had any answers to my case at all, and they did.

I asked where my fiancee petition is and they told me it is being held up due to the IMBRA. I told him that it was not supposed to be affected because my "Receipt Date" on my NOA1 was March 1, 2006 and the IMBRA only took affect on those filed after March 6, 2006.

He put me on hold and took and look and couldnt find where my petition really was but he told me that he was most positive that was affected because they use the "Notice Date" and not the "Receipt Date". When I heard this I was really mad of course.

I told them that they were supposed to be using the offical receipt date on the petition and why where they using the notice date... its wrong.

He told me that the received date is only the physical receipt date of petition and they actually use the date that its entered into the computer systems which is the notice date on the NOA 1.

I am really confused and mad about this and I just wanted to know whats is really going on because everyone is saying different things.

From what I am reading http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_2927.html it looks like the date received. I do not know for sure. You could try calling again to see if you get another answer and clarification. You could quote the attached reference where it says: "The DHS Service Center Operations (SCOPS) Unit of USCIS, Status/Family Branch requested that posts return to NVC all K1 I-129F petitions with priority dates (date received at the DHS office) on or after March 6, 2006."

Good luck and let us know if you find out something else. I am presuming that the DHS office is the Service Center. It could be a mess. It could be the NVC office receipt date and not the Service Center date received. I just can't read too good.

John

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.