Rocky_nBullwinkle

A little something about the place where you live

36 posts in this topic

Yeah no cheap beer. You also live in an area with a big Filipino population? :thumbs:

There are several pockets around the area. Cerritos is our favorite but West Covina has a lot of Filipinos and even Hollywood. Cerritos is the most convenient and the Goldilocks there has several dishes that Claudeth just loves. I have always liked the Jollibee chicken.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live in south east Santa Ana, unfortunately a bit close to South Coast Plaza Mall :unsure: Claudeth loves to shop :unsure: I work in downtown Santa Ana which is about 3 miles from home. It is pleasant here year round. I play golf on Saturdays a lot and we go to the swapmeet at the Orange County fair grounds.

Yeah no cheap beer. You also live in an area with a big Filipino population? :thumbs:

I've been to Santa Ana before and I think there ain't too many Filipinos there. Hispanics are aplenty, though, for sure. Jasman, I've played golf there in Santa Ana where some of the fairways are in the riverbed. Forgot the name of the course. Riverwalk GC or Riverside GC, maybe?

Actually there are quite a few Filipinos in the area. I work at a county agency in downtown Santa Ana and there are probably 30 Filipinos working there.

I think you are referring to Riverview. It usually is under water this time of year. Down the riverbed from there is Willowick which is a pretty well kept muni. I am a member at El Prado out in Chino and also love Los Serranos, it holds a qualifying event for the senior tour every year. I think it is about 7300 yards from the black tees.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We live in south east Santa Ana, unfortunately a bit close to South Coast Plaza Mall :unsure: Claudeth loves to shop :unsure: I work in downtown Santa Ana which is about 3 miles from home. It is pleasant here year round. I play golf on Saturdays a lot and we go to the swapmeet at the Orange County fair grounds.

I've been to Santa Ana before and I think there ain't too many Filipinos there. Hispanics are aplenty, though, for sure. Jasman, I've played golf there in Santa Ana where some of the fairways are in the riverbed. Forgot the name of the course. Riverwalk GC or Riverside GC, maybe?

Hey, bubba, the golf course you are talking about is Riverview Golf Course. It is a short little muni but hard to walk because you have to go up and down the river banks. Remember those par 3s where the tees are on one side of the river and the greens are on the other side. There is no room for a ground ball here!

Riverwalk GC is in San Diego, alongside the San Diego River. It used to be called Stardust Country Club, where they held LPGA tournaments 25 years ago. Riverside GC is by downtown Riverside, Calif.

Timeline

Actually there are quite a few Filipinos in the area. I work at a county agency in downtown Santa Ana and there are probably 30 Filipinos working there.

I think you are referring to Riverview. It usually is under water this time of year. Down the riverbed from there is Willowick which is a pretty well kept muni. I am a member at El Prado out in Chino and also love Los Serranos, it holds a qualifying event for the senior tour every year. I think it is about 7300 yards from the black tees.

Although I am not a member of the men's club at El Prado, I play there regularly. Sometimes we hold our company tournament there. I like the Chino Creek Course, better than the Butterfield Stage Course, especially the par 3 4th hole where the cows laugh at you when you miss the green! And the par 5 9th, I remember hitting the green in two during our tournament but I four putted for a bogey. :star:

I live in Corona, Calif., a bedroom community in Riverside County. It’s the “Crown City” and was the lemon capital of California, before people from nearby Orange and Los Angeles counties flocked into town in groves and homes sprouted all over the areas where citrus trees used to grow.

Today, Corona is regarded as the Beverly Hills of Riverside County, but not because its residents have extra large wallets and palatial homes like the stars and tycoons who dwell along Sunset Boulevard and Rodeo Drive. But, it is because the per capita income in Corona is the highest in Riverside Co.

Corona is the ideal place for non-spectator sports. There are 8 golf courses within the city limits and one of them, Cresta Verde GC, where yours truly is a humble member, is just a driver, a 3-wood and a 9-iron away from my house. Freshwater fishing also beckons here, with trophy sized rainbow trout, catfish and crappie being reeled off regularly from Corona Lake.

Before we moved here 12 years ago, we have lived in various places such as Union City, Calif., a Filipino stomping ground in the Bay Area; Euless, Tex., a little town in the Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex; Tallahassee, Fla., where I picked up a little Southern vocabulary; and Chula Vista, Calif., a town just 6 miles north of the Mexican border.

Hey, I learned some things from you guys. It feels good to know about these places. I hope someday I get to see some of them. Thanks for the replies.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Currently, we live in Colorado Springs "a.k.a. kabukiran" & we can see a 14K+ foot mountain (Pikes Peak) out of our window everyday. :whistle:

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

We live in Hanford, California and is situated in the south central portion of California's San Joaquin Valley, 28 miles (45 km) SSE of the city of Fresno, at an elevation of 249 feet (76 m) above sea level. The terrain is level. Hanford has a climate typical of that of the San Joaquin Valley floor with hot, dry summers and cool winters characterized by dense Tule fog.

Hanford is a major trading center serving the surrounding agricultural area. According to the California Employment Development Department, as of January 2007, most residents of the Hanford area were employed in services (29,200 employees), government (14,300 employees) and farming (7,600 employees) as well as in some manufacturing enterprises (3,400 employees

Lifting Condition:

Sent : Oct. 12, 2010

Received NOA1 : Oct. 14, 2010

Biometrics REcvd : Oct. 29, 2010

Biometrics Appnt.: Nov. 15, 2010

Although I am not a member of the men's club at El Prado, I play there regularly. Sometimes we hold our company tournament there. I like the Chino Creek Course, better than the Butterfield Stage Course, especially the par 3 4th hole where the cows laugh at you when you miss the green! And the par 5 9th, I remember hitting the green in two during our tournament but I four putted for a bogey. :star:

how about the new tee for #7 on Chino? That give that hole a comletely new look. El Prodo men's club is a great organization, you should think about membership. We have tournaments once a month and one of the members runs a skins game on Saturdays which is a lot of fun. He does split the group so the hackers aren't playing against the scratch guys. A birdie in the B flight usually means money :thumbs:

Another member does a Laughlin get-away every year and that is always fun.

Currently, we live in Colorado Springs "a.k.a. kabukiran" & we can see a 14K+ foot mountain (Pikes Peak) out of our window everyday. :whistle:

you ever go to the Pikes Peak hill climb? My brother actually drove a car for dealer in our home town one year. Didn't win but he had a lot of fun

you ever go to the Pikes Peak hill climb? My brother actually drove a car for dealer in our home town one year. Didn't win but he had a lot of fun

Hubby plans to...but I asked him to put off any sight-seeing for summer because during winter i'm like a bear. :lol:

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Timeline
I live in Corona, Calif., a bedroom community in Riverside County. It’s the “Crown City” and was the lemon capital of California, before people from nearby Orange and Los Angeles counties flocked into town in groves and homes sprouted all over the areas where citrus trees used to grow.

Today, Corona is regarded as the Beverly Hills of Riverside County, but not because its residents have extra large wallets and palatial homes like the stars and tycoons who dwell along Sunset Boulevard and Rodeo Drive. But, it is because the per capita income in Corona is the highest in Riverside Co.

Corona is the ideal place for non-spectator sports. There are 8 golf courses within the city limits and one of them, Cresta Verde GC, where yours truly is a humble member, is just a driver, a 3-wood and a 9-iron away from my house. Freshwater fishing also beckons here, with trophy sized rainbow trout, catfish and crappie being reeled off regularly from Corona Lake.

Before we moved here 12 years ago, we have lived in various places such as Union City, Calif., a Filipino stomping ground in the Bay Area; Euless, Tex., a little town in the Dallas/Forth Worth Metroplex; Tallahassee, Fla., where I picked up a little Southern vocabulary; and Chula Vista, Calif., a town just 6 miles north of the Mexican border.

Hey, I learned some things from you guys. It feels good to know about these places. I hope someday I get to see some of them. Thanks for the replies.

You are welcome. How was the salmon run on the Russian River? I hope that a lot went upstream to spawn and then all the fingerlings survive and go back to the ocean. Salmon has been pretty scant for fishermen along the California coast for years.

Timeline

how about the new tee for #7 on Chino? That give that hole a comletely new look. El Prodo men's club is a great organization, you should think about membership. We have tournaments once a month and one of the members runs a skins game on Saturdays which is a lot of fun. He does split the group so the hackers aren't playing against the scratch guys. A birdie in the B flight usually means money :thumbs:

The 7th is a pretty hole. But it often eats my lunch as I always tend to misclub here and my Titleist goes into the pond! :star:

Timeline

You are welcome. How was the salmon run on the Russian River? I hope that a lot went upstream to spawn and then all the fingerlings survive and go back to the ocean. Salmon has been pretty scant for fishermen along the California coast for years.

I have read somewhere that the entire 2008 salmon season was cancelled in all California ocean waters for conservation purposes.

tex-mex.jpg

Hello All.

Me and Rose live here in the Northland in Minnesota.Rochester to be specific.

It is a small town of around 100,000. It is like a big little city. We are home and head quarters to 2 of the largest names in business, and Medicine. We are home to the Mayo Clinic, and I.B.M.

Basically half the people in town, and the surrounding area either work, or have family members who work at one or the other. It has been known as the best city to live twice. It is clean ,neat, and very well kept. It is home to the only Tae Kwon Do school in the U.S. to have hosted every major tournament in the U.S., and like family to us as I teach there, and my wife Rose is soon to have her Black belt. The only bad thing is summer only lasts about 4 months, and fall and winter almost 8 months. It is almost like living in Canada, and very close I guess.In fact we have posted one of the coldest temperatures on record having reached nearly 70 below zero with wind chills. makes me wonder why anyone would ever choose to move here for non work reasons. It is a mostly German Norwegian Community with a quickly growing Asian community consisting largely of Chinese, Filipinos, and Cambodians, and we have one of only 2 Buddhist temples in the state of Minnesota. So we have some huge Asian Events, and a very close knit Asian Community. So there we go...just a little bit about Rochester. In the interest of the Fil-Am couples who may read this..I havespent weeks searching the web looking for active links to Fil-Am sites, and have included a list of Fil-Am sites on our website at http://www.rochesterphilam.com I hope it helps others see what is in their areas where they live, and learn about one anothers cities and groups.

Take care, and God Bless

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

As fasr as I know, there's a moratorium on salmon fishing on the Russian River and as fas as I know, for commercial fishing on the north coast.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: Timeline

As fasr as I know, there's a moratorium on salmon fishing on the Russian River and as fas as I know, for commercial fishing on the north coast.

Calif. salmon fishing restrictions likely after record low number reported

By Jason Dearen

Associated Press

Posted: 02/18/2009 10:54:28 AM PST

Updated: 02/18/2009 12:35:32 PM PST

A record-low number of chinook salmon returned to California's Central Valley last year, indicating that severe restrictions on salmon fishing are again likely this year, federal regulators said.

The Pacific Fishery Management Council reported that in 2008, a total of 66,264 natural and hatchery fall chinook or "king" salmon adults were estimated to have returned to the Sacramento River basin for spawning, the lowest estimate on record.

The council uses the estimates to determine if it should recommend limits on commercial and recreational fishing.

"Our team is putting together the forecast this week, will come out some time next week," said Chuck Tracy, the salmon staff officer for the council. The final recommendation on fishing limits will be made in April.

The numbers are down from about 90,000 in 2007, which led to bans in 2008 on commercial and recreational fishing of salmon off the California coast and most of Oregon.

The sharp drop in the king salmon that swim from the Pacific Ocean through San Francisco Bay to spawn in the Sacramento River and its tributaries last fall is part of broader decline in wild salmon runs in rivers across the West in recent years.

In the Sacramento Delta, fishermen and regulators believe large pumps used to move water around for farming and other uses is to blame for the falling numbers. Others say changes in the ocean due to greenhouse gas pollution are also killing the fish.

Tracy said returns in the Klamath River, the next big salmon spawning river north of the Sacramento, while seeing an overall rise in salmon returns, saw fewer than regulators had estimated.

Still, the low numbers do not come as a shock to regulators or fishermen, who were expecting this year to be tough for commercial fisherman.

"Realistically, we were looking at the fact that we wouldn't have a season this year. We're looking at 2010 before we can fish again," said Zeke Grader, executive director of the Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen's Associations, and industry group.

Grader said the fishermen's association has saved millions of dollars in federal assistance fishermen received after the stunning collapse of the Pacific Coast salmon industry.

"We very sparingly used that disaster money from last year figuring we'd need it this year," Grader said. "That money sitting in the account will be distributed to keep people alive for this year."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.