chris4336

Coverts?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hi Christina,

I am a "convert" to Islam. I did this when I was in Egypt with my fiance and it is what I had planned to do since before I travelled there. (And NO I didn't choose Islam because of Mohammed... I had already made up my own mind.) I understand your feeling of isolation. I have it too, but I have made my peace with it. My religion isn't something I care to display to the world. It's a quiet thing that sits in my heart and its between me and Allah. I don't particularly discuss it with anyone, but I don't hide it either. I have gotten the shocked expressions when I turn down pork at gatherings or pick the pepperoni off of my pizza. There is a lot of ignorance and adverse judgement in this country regarding the religion of Islam and it's a real shame. It's also a fact of life unfortunately. I am content in my choice, I am happy with my fiance, I am thankful (alhamdulellah), and I follow the wisdom my fiance suggested to me. He suggested that I don't try to be a ME/NA muslim. I am American and that culture is obviously not who I am. He said that I have to be who I am and muslim too. That's why most people don't even realize that I am muslim. I don't cover my hair, but I do wear discreet clothing, etc.

That is good dressing modestly is what is important. Both men and women are supposed to dress modestly in Islam plain and simple. The whole covering up thing from head to toe or just the hair is a cultural thing.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

As far as converting goes, you should do what ever is right in your heart. If your wishes are to convert from the bottom of your heart then do it. What other people say to you or do is irrelevent, it's your belief not theirs. Following any religion is our own communication with God and the gates of heaven and hell are open to everyone on earth Christians, Muslims and Jews, ect equally. Ultimately our actions and the way we choose to live our life will take us to GOD we dont have to be a specific religion for that. If you want to convert then do it but also dont convert if your being suckerd into it. Being forced to convert is against Islam in the first place. Your significant other should love and accept you just the same regardess of wether you choose to convert or not.

In my case my husband is Muslim, and I am Roman catholic and we both accept and respect each others religion.

Edited by The_dip_sticks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline
not to change the subject but why do u have a aos timeline when u r calling him ur fiance and saying its impossible to bring him to the states...im totally confused.

Because this thread is over a year old. She's married now and he's here. :)

I'm not covert about being a convert.

:innocent:

oh gee silly me...didnt even look at the date. thanks for solving that mystery. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.