chris4336

Coverts?

78 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You guys are great with the wealth of information that you are sharing...I've got to bookmark them all when I get home...thank you to all that contributed

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say thank you all for this information and resources that you have shared. I was talking to Hasan and was telling him that i ws reading for more knowledge and reminded him that I am not considering to convert but want to know more. I only throw that in cause I would never want to get his hopes up and then let him down. I am not sure how happy he is cause I have many questions and I think I may have offended him when I asked why he drinks alcohol when it is forbidden. Please believe me I am not trying to judge I am only trying to inquire so that I know. He said he was not offended. He response to me was do all Catholics pray. So I told him never mind I will just read and not question at this time until i gain more knowledge.

Ok I am still curious and know that there are many clubs in Jordan and alot of alochol is consumed and Jordan is 95% Muslim.

I try and only look for te simularities and not the differences but i really want a deeper understanding so that i can be a great wife to my future husband. I want to be able to understand and comform as much as I can so that we can be better for one another. Am I not seeing this the way I am suppose to or by only trying to be the most I can is that not what is right. I am not sure but only want to grow in my knowledge and understanding in Islam. I have seen from many of the resources here in this topic that i am getting alot of useful knowledge. I am now kind of afraid to ask many questions but that is the only way to learn. I can only hope that I am not offending anyone by my ignorence on this subject but I will only try to better myself from the knowledge I gain.

Thanks again.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

if you are learning you need to remember something. You can't Judge Islmam by people. If you look most people that say they are a certain religion don't actually practice it. Just because a country is made up of a large percentage of Muslim does not mean that Islam is law. You also have a population of Chiristians in Jordan. Alot of muslim Women to mixed beaches in Bikinis. There are somethings that are forbiden, but that doesn't mean that People who are Muslim to do them. But they are sinning when they do.

Try to learn without looking at what people do, but what Islam teaches.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Front_Cover_Preview.jpeg

For all the non muslims out there who would like a copy of the Qur'an, CAIR is sending out BEAUTIFUL copies of the Muhammad Asad translation of the meaning of the Qur'an. From what I hear, it can take several months to receive, but hey, it's free. Click here! I bought a copy someone was selling on half.com and I got it today. I nearly fainted when I saw it. Now, I have somewhat of a english quran collection. Like, the entire top shelf of my bookshelf is stuffed full of em. But this one is the best I've ever laid my hands on. It has beautiful printing, an english translation, the original arabic, and then the arabic written out in roman letters so it's easier for us to read and pronounce. It also has fantastic footnotes, the best I've read in a long time. It's also massively huge. I thought I could take it to work with me, but it's way to heavy to lug around. Seriously, it's worth the wait! This qur'an sells for $40 retail!

Muhammad Asad's story is also very interesting. His book "The Road to Mecca," is a classic. I first read about him in 2002 in Saudi Aramco, which btw is a fantastic free magazine that explores arab and muslim culture. Get it if you aren't getting it already.

CAIR is also sponsoring a project to educate americans about the Prophet Muhammad (saws). You can get a book or a dvd. I posted a link to the contents of the dvd earlier in the thread, but it looks much better on a tv screen. I also own this book. It's not the best biography I've read of the Prophet (saws), but it certainly is very reasonable. It also takes a few months to receive this as well, but hey, it's free :)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Oh, just to add for all my muslimah ukhtis (aka sisters) out there, keep checking half.com for cheap copies since the CAIR offer is technically only for non muslims.

Or, heck, if you're not a muslim and you want a copy ASAP, this quran is well worth the $20 investment. I'm betting that the price will go down as CAIR sends out more and people decide that they don't want to keep it. Their loss can be your gain :star:

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I know this is a little off topic, but I'm wondering if there are any Muslim converts (reverts) here that would be willing to speak with me? I am very interested in Islam (my fiancee has sparked this interest) but am having a really really tough time since my return to the states explaning this to anyone, friends or family, and even finding any kind of support system. Also, they are not supportive at all of my engagement (which I understand as they have never met my fiancee being that it is IMPOSSIBLE to bring him into the states).

Just feeling like its me and him against the world, and its difficult when we are so far away, with no end in sight.

Any support would be apprecaited.

Thank you

Christina

Hello and/or Salaam

I saw your post regarding converts...

I myself am a convert to Islam...and also marrying a North African...and live in the USA but i didnt convert cos of him...

I would gladly answer any question...email or IM me as you like...

Bye...Allah Hafiz...Allah(the God ) protect you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know this is a little off topic, but I'm wondering if there are any Muslim converts (reverts) here that would be willing to speak with me? I am very interested in Islam (my fiancee has sparked this interest) but am having a really really tough time since my return to the states explaning this to anyone, friends or family, and even finding any kind of support system. Also, they are not supportive at all of my engagement (which I understand as they have never met my fiancee being that it is IMPOSSIBLE to bring him into the states).

Just feeling like its me and him against the world, and its difficult when we are so far away, with no end in sight.

Any support would be apprecaited.

Thank you

Christina

when My mother in law knew that my husband is Muslim now and he converted to Islam she thought he is going to be Bin laden ...lol but he explained to her the values in Islam and now she has no problems with it at all ..terrorists have destroyed the repuitation of Islam that's why you will hear your friends in US giving you hard time ..my husband had teh same thing too..

Good luck and God bless you

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Timeline

I've just come across this free cd offer for non muslims. I'm not sure about the content of the lectures, but hey, it's free :thumbs:

irhal.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I've just come across this free cd offer for non muslims. I'm not sure about the content of the lectures, but hey, it's free :thumbs:

I love free stuff. :thumbs: Keep 'em coming Rahma. :lol:

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

islamislove24bg.jpg

"is love" banners are quite popular in livejournals. I wanted to post this banner in my signature here, but I thought it might draw unwanted commentary from some people. So, I'll post it here, cause it's pretty (F)

pretty pretty pictures *sigh*

irhal.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
islamislove24bg.jpg

"is love" banners are quite popular in livejournals. I wanted to post this banner in my signature here, but I thought it might draw unwanted commentary from some people. So, I'll post it here, cause it's pretty (F)

pretty pretty pictures *sigh*

I think it is lovely...thank you for sharing

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Timeline
Where do you find these things rahma??? You're always posting great stuff! :D

A lot of time online randomly surfing when I should be doing other things :whistle:

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

YES, RAHMA, THANKS FOR POSTING ALL THE COOL STUFF - SPECIALLY THE FREE THINGS! I HAVE ORDERED A COUPLE OF THEM.... KEEP 'EM COMING! :thumbs:

NOURA

ironically, as soon as i posted this, i got an email confirming the webbook cd that i ordered yesterday - it has been sent out and i should recieve it in 3-5 days!!! hope it comes b4 i leave for ny!

wooohoooo....

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.