daboy69

K1 Denied at interview

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

PLS help!!! i feel like my world ended.. my fiance told me that she got denied a visa at interview yesterday and they checked "OTHER" on the form and put "relationship for immigration purposes only" and said they are to send our file back to uscis for reconsideration.... I dont know what to do. our approval notice had an expiration date of March 6, 2009. What will happen to our case now... should we just get married and file IC/CR1 instead... any advice would really be greatful we are both so heart broken and depressed right now :(

I will fill my timeline soon....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLS help!!! i feel like my world ended.. my fiance told me that she got denied a visa at interview yesterday and they checked "OTHER" on the form and put "relationship for immigration purposes only" and said they are to send our file back to uscis for reconsideration.... I dont know what to do. our approval notice had an expiration date of March 6, 2009. What will happen to our case now... should we just get married and file IC/CR1 instead... any advice would really be greatful we are both so heart broken and depressed right now :(

If you have additional proof that you guys have a bona fide relationship you can submit it before the petition is sent back to USCIS. If not you are screwed.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

What type of proof of relationship did you have for the interview? Was she unable to answer the personal questions ? I am sure some of the experts on here can advise you. You have my sincere sympathy.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

What did the CO asked her? Sometimes, denials are caused on how the applicant answers the questions being asked to her upon interview.

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Timeline

HAOLE.... she brought everything possible, i think its because i am 15 years older i dont really know, all we know is there was enough evidence to support our relationship. i made 2 trips, engagement pics, trips, boarding passes emails, cards and many others.... she said they almost let her have it but there was a pinoy saying otherwise. what happens if its expired befire we hear from uscis? what other options do we have? they did not give her the option to show more proof.

HAOLE.... she brought everything possible, i think its because i am 15 years older i dont really know, all we know is there was enough evidence to support our relationship. i made 2 trips, engagement pics, trips, boarding passes emails, cards and many others.... she said they almost let her have it but there was a pinoy saying otherwise. what happens if its expired befire we hear from uscis? what other options do we have? they did not give her the option to show more proof.

You have the option. Call your senator ASAP and get them working on it. Once the petition is sent back it's basically history. Age difference of 15 years in the Philippines is NOTHING. I got you beat and many others also.

GET MOVING!

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

OK I will try to ask for help. How soon do they usually send it back after interview. I read on other posts that once its sent back that K1 are hardly ever looked at by USCIS and just let it expire. This has been such an expensive process and to think that we have to start over is overwhelming.

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear this, daboy69 ..my heart goes out to you. Hoping i can help.What questions did they ask her that may have caused the denial? what pinoy saying are they talking about?

TIMELINE:

October 6, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

October 7, 2008 - Received at CSC

October 8, 2008 - NOA 1

October 9, 2008 - Check cashed

October 11, 2008 - Received NOA 1 hardcopy

January 14, 2009 - NOA 2 email notification (98 days after NOA1 date)

January 15, 2009 - Touched

January 17, 2009 -Received NOA 2 hardcopy

January 22, 2009 -Received in NVC

January 26, 2009 -Left NVC for U.S. embassy in Manila

January 30, 2009 -Received NVC harcopy letter

February 2, 2009 -Physical file received in USEM Manila

February 5, 2009-Called to set appointment for fiancee's interview

February 19, 20 2009 -Medical Exam at St. Luke's

March 10, 2009 -Interview

large age-gaps are not unheard of especially in the phillipines. there are several VJ members who have a large age difference and were approved w/out issue.

the notation you listed sounds like the CO was questioning the validity of your relationship. how much "enough evidence" did you actually have? what you may have considered enough, was obviously not enough.

contact the consulate ASAP and see about the possibility for reconsideration and ask to be able to submit additional evidence to prove your relationship bona-fides. do this quickly to stop the consulate from sending your petition back. then, get together every scrap of evidence that proves you are engaged in an ongoing relationship.

if you are able to get the consulate to reconsider and give you a second interview, perhaps you should consider getting on a plane and flying to be there with your fiancee at that second interview...

good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

her grandma introduced us, but we are truly in love. I made 2 trips in 08 last one in november for our engagement party. We even bought a vehicle together and put it under both our names. she had at least 100 pages worth of correspondence between us, all our cards sent to each other, all my plane tickets, hotel recpts and she brought an album of all our pictures, what else could they possibly want. The only other think I can think of is the fact that her grandma introduced her to me... they might think its a set up since the Phils is such a high fraud country.

If there is absolutely nothing that will change their mind, would you agree that I should just go back home and marry then file a cr1? just in case, what would plan B be?

It's Friday in PI and USEM is closed bukas. Call your senator now! When they courier send it back to USCIS depends on how many they have piled up to send! No set time period. My first K1 denial was sent back in about 2 weeks. Doesn't mean yours will be tho. May be sooner.

!! ALL PAU!

her grandma introduced us, but we are truly in love. I made 2 trips in 08 last one in november for our engagement party. We even bought a vehicle together and put it under both our names. she had at least 100 pages worth of correspondence between us, all our cards sent to each other, all my plane tickets, hotel recpts and she brought an album of all our pictures, what else could they possibly want. The only other think I can think of is the fact that her grandma introduced her to me... they might think its a set up since the Phils is such a high fraud country.

If there is absolutely nothing that will change their mind, would you agree that I should just go back home and marry then file a cr1? just in case, what would plan B be?

i felt bad to hear that your fiancee got denied during her interview. I would say maybe it is the best she didnt told them that you were introduced by her grandma or maybe just say you met online.

I feel so nervous also to hear that there is k1 interview got denied.

Naturalization:

December 27, 2012--N400 application sent
January 3, 2013 ---NOA Date
January 28, 2013 ----Biometrics
May 9, 2013---------Interview Schedule

July......Oath Taking Ceremony...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hire an immigration attorney in Manila immediately, so that they can arrange for you to attempt to overcome this decision before the case is returned. The petition approval expiration is the least of your worries.

Particularly in Asia, being introduced by a family member can be a huge red flag. If you are Filipino as well, even more so. The first item on the agenda would be to get as detailed a report on what happened at the interview as possible. It needs to be as close to an actual transcript as your fiancee can possibly manage to remember.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thank you pushbrk: i think she was also so nervous and she couldnt think straight and possibly stuturred alot.

I had monies set aside for her flight, adjustment of status and wedding, looks like i will have to use those funds!!

Thanks everyone... I really appreciate everyones concerns. I just hope that we can recover from this and that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for us.

Thank you!!!!

Hire an immigration attorney in Manila immediately, so that they can arrange for you to attempt to overcome this decision before the case is returned. The petition approval expiration is the least of your worries.

Particularly in Asia, being introduced by a family member can be a huge red flag. If you are Filipino as well, even more so. The first item on the agenda would be to get as detailed a report on what happened at the interview as possible. It needs to be as close to an actual transcript as your fiancee can possibly manage to remember.

What will happen to our case now... should we just get married and file IC/CR1 instead?

Probably not. See this article

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2006,0323-ellis.shtm

If you let them deny the K-1, and then marry and file K-3 or CR-1, you might have the issue of misrepresentation on your record, despite the fact that you didn't necessarily misrepresent anything specific. The bureacracy gets crazy. Respond to any attempt to deny.

Now in many cases where a K-1 has been delayed, refused or denied at a US Consulate, lawyers have advised clients to simply get married and file and I-130. That is not good advice, unless the attorney also advises the petitioner to pay close attention to the K-1 that has been sent back to the Service Center from the consulate.

If a Service Center begins a revocation proceeding for that K-1 petition, a petitioner’s failure to respond will mean that DHS will revoke the approval of the petition. When that happens, the 212(a)(6)©(i) that is pending in our beneficiary file, will become hard finding of Misrepresentation, under 9 FAM 40.63 N10.1 (above).

What exactly was the misrepresentation? Nobody seems to know. DOS doesn’t give you a specific answer. The lawyer doesn’t know. And most importantly, the petitioner and beneficiary are clueless. They’re in sort of a Kafkaesque position. They’re accused of misrepresenting something. But nobody tells them exactly what they have misrepresented. This problem could have easily been avoided if the petitioner had simply responded to the NOID letter and argued the merits even though the couple had married.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.