*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

:lol: No kidding! Though at this point, I'm just hoping there are people there. My sister has only gotten one verbal RSVP, and my friend got another. I know of one other for sure but its hard to make a party with 3 people! Oh well. I think the work one will be the bigger of the two anyway.

Hey, it's all about the prezzies! (Do I have the wrong attitude about that?)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Timeline

:lol: No kidding! Though at this point, I'm just hoping there are people there. My sister has only gotten one verbal RSVP, and my friend got another. I know of one other for sure but its hard to make a party with 3 people! Oh well. I think the work one will be the bigger of the two anyway.

Oh gosh - quitting smoking on top of being preggos - I'd be about 50 lbs heavier by now if that were me.

I'd say you're on the way out for the morning sickness if you've reached the point where you're only having the occasional nauseous moment. And YES the freaking heartburn!!! Mine has hit bad in the last few weeks. I'm taking a Pepcid a day and then Andrews (all the way from the UK!) right before bed. That seems to help most times, but not always.

Maven is mean - I do miss the occasional frozen margarita from my favorite Mexican restaurant! :(

Re: the end of morning sickness, from your mouth to God's ears, lol. I have tried to be 'natural' so far with this pregnancy, and don't take any meds, over the counter or otherwise. I have just started allowing myself a handful of tums a day because it's gotten completely unbearable lately.

I won't repeat the story, and since I'm posting the linky anyways, here's what happened to me today. And the first ever 4D pic of our little man! Flipping us the bird, no less!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/239752-baby-corner/page__st__840

That's really funny. :lol:

I have tried not to take much either, but the heartburn - particularly at night - is about too much to bear. I feel like I'm going to vomit acid - NOT very conducive to sleep (and lord knows I need as much of that as I can get).

SA4userbar.jpg

So psyched to be getting out of town in a couple of weeks -- I have to go to Toronto for a conference, but after that's done I'm training it down from there to Connecticut via New York -- a 14 hour train journey from Toronto to New York. Won't be able to do any proper work with no internet connection... bliss. Then a couple of days with my parents, enough to make me go crazy and wish I were back in LA.

I haven't had a proper holiday since March 2008, when I went to the Bahamas for 5 days. And I still did a conference call while I was there. One of these days I will have another "real" one, not just a couple of days stuck on to the beginning or end of a conference.sad.gif Sometimes working for yourself sucks majorly.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

I loved Toronto - I think you'll have a good time there (even if you are at a conference). I'm glad you could get away a little. Mom worked for herself the last 5 years before she retired, so I can relate - she was never able to take time off really and if she did, it was holiday weekends when EVERYone else was off too. I know that was one part of being self employed that she didn't relish.

SA4userbar.jpg

Thanks Tracy. :) There are consolations though, like being able to run errands when everyone else is at work, or taking advantage of a beautiful day at a moment's notice. I'm lucky.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Thanks Tracy. :) There are consolations though, like being able to run errands when everyone else is at work, or taking advantage of a beautiful day at a moment's notice. I'm lucky.star_smile.gif

Yeah, she was the same way. There are definitely pros and cons to it, but she felt the pros far outweighed the cons. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

That's really funny. :lol:

I have tried not to take much either, but the heartburn - particularly at night - is about too much to bear. I feel like I'm going to vomit acid - NOT very conducive to sleep (and lord knows I need as much of that as I can get).

Oh man...I'm fearing the heartburn. I've had pretty bad acid reflux since my teens & even had an esophageal endoscopy when I was 25 because the doc was worried about damage from the acid. I was on some prescription stuff for a while that made me feel weird. I've had pretty good luck with Zantac, which fortunately is on the list of OK stuff to take during pregnancy. So far, the heartburn hasn't been too bad at all. In fact, it's been milder than usual, which I'm sure is a temporary situation.

Lisa, you're a better woman than I! I've resorted to taking a few things (all on the OK list!) to treat headaches. I miss my beloved handful of Advil. :-(

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

So psyched to be getting out of town in a couple of weeks -- I have to go to Toronto for a conference, but after that's done I'm training it down from there to Connecticut via New York -- a 14 hour train journey from Toronto to New York. Won't be able to do any proper work with no internet connection... bliss. Then a couple of days with my parents, enough to make me go crazy and wish I were back in LA.

I haven't had a proper holiday since March 2008, when I went to the Bahamas for 5 days. And I still did a conference call while I was there. One of these days I will have another "real" one, not just a couple of days stuck on to the beginning or end of a conference.sad.gif Sometimes working for yourself sucks majorly.

I hear ya...I'm self-employed too and haven't taken more than a few consecutive days off in years. I'm looking forward to being a regular working stiff again and having nights and weekends, and the feeling of actually being on a vacation. Although being able to do stuff when you need to does have its advantages--especially now, what with the wee one coming and all that. I guess if I were making big bucks I'd be more tempted to keep doing what I'm doing, but copyediting just isn't the gold mine that it should be!

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.