*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

Thanks, Tracy!

Fortunately, my "old muthuh" screenings were also reassuring, so I'm skipping the amnio. I had the NT scan & ultrascreen blood test at week 12, which showed my chromosomal abnormalities risk as being that of a 20-year-old (like yours), and I just got the results of the AFP blood test (spinal cord defects screening), which were also good. I think the last of the screening tests is the ultrasound on May 21. I'm really looking forward to seeing the little critter again. Actually, you guys would appreciate this: We refer to the little one as "Limitus" (pronounced Lye-mee-tis), which stands for "Limey fetus." I came up with it myself!

I think my mom was figuring I'd take after her. All three of her pregnancies were pretty much the same in terms of how she felt--nausea, mostly at night, during weeks 6-12. Which to me now sounds glorious! I was hoping to take after her, but no such luck. Knock on wood, I feel pretty good today and am actually having a nice cup of half-caf!

Thank you - NT scan, that's what I couldn't think of!! LOL I LOVE 'Limitus' - I wish we had thought of something so original!!! :lol: We've just been calling he/she 'the tyke' (we decided not to find out the sex).

My mom and sister both told me what their pregnancies were like (I remembered my sister's though) but none of us were expecting the same results. Though I'd not complain if my labor is like my mom's - she delivered me after 3 hours of labor and 4 hours for my sister. I'm sure I won't be that lucky - I'll be one of these marathon ones that drones on and on - I can see it now. LOL.

I'm glad you're feeling good today - every day is different (at least for me).

Oh man, you guys do know you aren't selling the idea of pregnancy too well to us non-sprogged types, right?wacko.gif

:lol: Maven! You shouldn't listen to me specifically. I am the world's worst pregnant lady - I just do not enjoy it to be frank. Honestly I told Chas he'd have to drug me to get me pregnant again. Well, I originally said 'you'd have to slip me something' - and then realized the obvious (bad) connotation. :D

The only part I like is the part I thought would freak me out - the baby moving. Oh and the showers. :whistle:

SA4userbar.jpg

Oh man, you guys do know you aren't selling the idea of pregnancy too well to us non-sprogged types, right?wacko.gif

Having a license to kvetch is a plus. :star:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Re: Dear Joyce, it sounds like you've come away with some very useful and relevant info!

Man, I've read about the dreaded hyperemesis gravidarum and can safely (and thankfully) say I haven't had it that bad. I've actually only thrown up a handful of times, all between weeks 8 and 10. Mostly it's the constant nausea, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches that have me down. And general bitchiness. But I do think I'm getting there, it's just been very gradual improvement, with setbacks (usually in the form of a bad headache) every few days. Initially I think the husband thought I was being a wimp, and truth be told, I'm not the most stoic patient, but after chatting with a few of the ladies at work, he's now aware that my experience hasn't been unusual and that sometimes it's just a drag and something to get through.

Yes indeed :yes:

I'm glad your colleagues have managed to set him straight, I think support is the most important thing (after anti nausea drugs!). Even when you're not being sick though, a nasty headache and nausea just brings you down because it's lingering and difficult to set aside. I don't think I've heard of anyone getting better then going back to being badly sick again, they might have had a few bad days on the way but once they were well, they were well. Yay for good news!

Oh man, you guys do know you aren't selling the idea of pregnancy too well to us non-sprogged types, right?

I'm sorry! I imagine that women sharing pregnancy and birthing experience is similar to to military veterans :lol: Everyone has a story to tell, like a badge of honour. HG is all in all pretty rare and of that % there were few medication setups that didn't bring any relief whatsoever. It took me a while to find mine and hindsight is a wonderful thing, the HER Foundation forums give new sufferers the benefit of other peoples experience with ways that will hopefully bring them solutions faster. Always a silver lining!

We refer to the little one as "Limitus" (pronounced Lye-mee-tis), which stands for "Limey fetus." I came up with it myself!

:lol: Awesome! Won't you have to find him/her something new when they get here though?

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

I'm sorry! I imagine that women sharing pregnancy and birthing experience is similar to to military veterans :lol: Everyone has a story to tell, like a badge of honour. HG is all in all pretty rare and of that % there were few medication setups that didn't bring any relief whatsoever. It took me a while to find mine and hindsight is a wonderful thing, the HER Foundation forums give new sufferers the benefit of other peoples experience with ways that will hopefully bring them solutions faster. Always a silver lining!

:lol: Awesome! Won't you have to find him/her something new when they get here though?

If I have a baby shower, I'm going to forbid any and all childbirth anecdotes. At nearly every shower I've been to, it's turned into a forum for swapping war stories.

Re: Limitus, I figure we have plenty of time to figure out what to call the kid. My husband is pushing for Delorean (for either sex) and insists he's not kidding. Hmm...

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

If I have a baby shower, I'm going to forbid any and all childbirth anecdotes. At nearly every shower I've been to, it's turned into a forum for swapping war stories.

Re: Limitus, I figure we have plenty of time to figure out what to call the kid. My husband is pushing for Delorean (for either sex) and insists he's not kidding. Hmm...

Oh lord, I didn't even think about that! My first shower is next weekend (5/22) - I suppose I better steel myself for that, eh? Luckily a lot of my friends are childless though, but still.

And we have 8 weeks left and no real name of either sex that we both really like. I'm kinda shitting myself there.

SA4userbar.jpg

Oh lord, I didn't even think about that! My first shower is next weekend (5/22) - I suppose I better steel myself for that, eh? Luckily a lot of my friends are childless though, but still.

Take control! In fact, perhaps you can wear a shirt that says, "Spare me the details of your episiotomy." Available at every corner store, no doubt!

K-1

AOS

Filed: Timeline

I'm late to the party, but I'm SO happy for you Empress!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :dance: It's a UK baby boom!!! I'm a bit ahead of both you and Lisa - 32 weeks along and I feel as big as a house. :lol: Though I almost hugged a lady this morning when she said I was 'tiny' (meaning I'm all belly and little else).

I am also 'high risk' as I will be 39 when I deliver. If either of you have questions or concerns about these 'extra tests', please let me know. We didn't go with the amniocentesis because the 13 week blood test/ultrasound (what is that called again??!) all put me in the same percentile as a 20 year old mother for risk of Down's, so...!

I didn't stop having morning sickness until about 2-3 weeks into my second trimester - so don't believe what anyone tells you about it ending once the 2nd tri hits. EVERY woman is different (as me and Lisa's experiences show). You may be one of the unlucky ones to be sick the entire time - but I sure HOPE not!!!!!!!!

I personally think any woman who says she LOVED being pregnant is a liar. :lol: Either that or she was one of the lucky few to feel great throughout the pregnancy. :bonk:

Congratulations again!!!!!! :)

We opted for no amnio either...I don't know the percentile, but the 16 week blood test I did had me at a 25 or 26 year old risk for Down's...it was something like 1/1400. We also had our ultrasound at 20 weeks which checked the baby, and there were no visible signs of Down's either, so we said why bother? With the risk of the amnio anyways, what would the point be?

My morning sickness was all.the.time. like 24/7. It was so upsetting, hahaha. It has abated, every now and again I will feel an instant wave of nausea but it subsides usually within the hour. No more being sick with my head in the toilet tho, thank God! Now, it's constant heartburn. I told Scott the wives' tale about that meaning a baby with lots of hair, and he said we must be having a wookie, lolz.

I'm starting to feel really pregnant. I've gained almost 20 something pounds at this point. But I had gained a few pounds over Christmas before pregnancy with all the celebrating we did, and we had both quit smoking then as well...so long story short, I am FAT. hah.

I love the end result but I'm not loving the pregnancy, and I hate how it's changed my body, but I'll gladly take it and say 'tyvm!' I agree with Tracy....those chicks who LOVE pregnancy? Liars or freaks! hah.

Empress, for my morning sickness, Scott wound up findin me Ginger tea bags. I would actually just smell them most of the time, and it would help. Give that a go?

Take control! In fact, perhaps you can wear a shirt that says, "Spare me the details of your episiotomy." Available at every corner store, no doubt!

:lol: No kidding! Though at this point, I'm just hoping there are people there. My sister has only gotten one verbal RSVP, and my friend got another. I know of one other for sure but its hard to make a party with 3 people! Oh well. I think the work one will be the bigger of the two anyway.

My morning sickness was all.the.time. like 24/7. It was so upsetting, hahaha. It has abated, every now and again I will feel an instant wave of nausea but it subsides usually within the hour. No more being sick with my head in the toilet tho, thank God! Now, it's constant heartburn. I told Scott the wives' tale about that meaning a baby with lots of hair, and he said we must be having a wookie, lolz.

I'm starting to feel really pregnant. I've gained almost 20 something pounds at this point. But I had gained a few pounds over Christmas before pregnancy with all the celebrating we did, and we had both quit smoking then as well...so long story short, I am FAT. hah.

Oh gosh - quitting smoking on top of being preggos - I'd be about 50 lbs heavier by now if that were me.

I'd say you're on the way out for the morning sickness if you've reached the point where you're only having the occasional nauseous moment. And YES the freaking heartburn!!! Mine has hit bad in the last few weeks. I'm taking a Pepcid a day and then Andrews (all the way from the UK!) right before bed. That seems to help most times, but not always.

Maven is mean - I do miss the occasional frozen margarita from my favorite Mexican restaurant! :(

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.