*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

I have to say, I was quite taken aback that anyone would see the fabulous sparkly Joyces (especially the Joyce fetus) as anything other than the ultimate in coolness. I will consider adding highly distracting bling to future posts no matter what the subject.

Anyone who does not understand the pure NECESSITY of sparkly Joyces (in both fetal and adult forms) and Alan Alda on VJ should be taken outside and summarily shot in the face.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Anyone who does not understand the pure NECESSITY of sparkly Joyces (in both fetal and adult forms) and Alan Alda on VJ should be taken outside and summarily shot in the face.

I couldn't agree more! :luv:

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I have to admit, I saw her post for the first time two days ago and I've never been so unoffended by such a large signature.

Congratulations to the mummies to be!

It always makes me smile when Miles says "MUMMY MUMMY!" even when he's mad because it sounds so cute, have to make the most of it until he goes to school cause I'm sure he's going to lose it then!

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

I have to admit, I saw her post for the first time two days ago and I've never been so unoffended by such a large signature.

Good! Another recruit for our army of the night! :D

Your son is adorable. Congrats again to all the mummies-to-be!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

It looks that way! I spent all my time before he got up this morning reading pages of the "Dear Joyce" thread instead of working on my commission :hehe:

Thankyou! Our bed is very high and 10 mins ago he learned he can stand on the frame to pull himself up on it. I'm both proud and mortified - we have hardwood floors so no making mistakes here lol

It looks that way! I spent all my time before he got up this morning reading pages of the "Dear Joyce" thread instead of working on my commission :hehe:

Awesome! Did you pick up any groovy tips?

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Thx guys! (L)

omG Joyce!!! congrats! You're only 5 weeks behind me!!!! I was also quite ill for most of this pregnancy, until about now (22 weeks)...hopefully, it'll get better!!!

Thankee! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. When I first started feeling sick at about 7 weeks, my mother reassured me, based on her experience, that things would turn around at about week 12. I remember saying, "I don't think I can handle another five weeks of this!" Oy! I know other people have it worse, but somehow that's of little comfort. It's kinda funny--I love beer and booze generally, and I always imagined that abstaining during pregnancy would be an absolute nightmare. Nature certainly takes care of that...the mere thought of beer still makes me queasy. Which is really, really weird.

Anyone who asks me how I'm feeling immediately regrets it because I go on a 10-minute rant (and into great detail about symptoms) about how lousy I've felt. Everyone wants to hear the complaints of the pregnant lady, right? ("Where the f^ck is my glow"? I ask.) And of course, anyone pregnant gal who smugly says, "I haven't had any morning sickness! I guess I'm just lucky!" is getting kicked in the shins.

K-1

AOS

Awesome! Did you pick up any groovy tips?

Yes let's see... not to get a condom stuck in my throat (I almost choked on my coffee on that one!) and that cool whip is the answer to most of life's problems. Pantsuits are probably the answer to the rest! :D

Anyone who asks me how I'm feeling immediately regrets it because I go on a 10-minute rant (and into great detail about symptoms) about how lousy I've felt. Everyone wants to hear the complaints of the pregnant lady, right? ("Where the f^ck is my glow"? I ask.) And of course, anyone pregnant gal who smugly says, "I haven't had any morning sickness! I guess I'm just lucky!" is getting kicked in the shins.

Ooooh I hear you! I had hyperemesis gravidarum, which is basically very bad morning sickness. I lost over 20lbs in 3 months, never went out the door except trips to the ER from dehydration and bleeding, and expensive medication. Nobody wanted to hear about it, they stayed away so they didn't have to ask (plus I didn't smell very nice lol).

I hope you feel better soon! You can complain away to me anytime, it totally sucks when people blow you off like "oh it's just morning sickness". But Joyce fetus-turned-baby will make things better! Except for the sleep, but then you can do what I plan to do. Teach your child to give trouble to all the people who weren't understanding enough :whistle:

The Cornish know how to hold a grudge :innocent:

Hi, ladies

I have news--we're expecting a rugrat in October.

Lisa, I'm an "old lady" too. I'll be 37 at the time of delivery (my b-day is in July). So far, so good. I had an NT scan & bloodwork in April that looked good. I'm waiting on blood test results for the AFP test and have the anatomy scan--the one where they make sure everything is OK and can usually tell the sex--on May 21.

I'm finally starting to feel some improvement physically. I've basically felt awful since about week 7. I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and still feel queasy. I've also had bad headaches and major fatigue. The second-trimester glow that everyone talks about seems to be passing me by. Howevah, feeling not so great has kept me from freaking out about the reality that if all goes well, I'll be a momma in a few months. A friend of mine asked me the other day, "Wow! So, are you getting your head around the huge life change coming?" And I said, "No, I just want to stop feeling sick all the time."

:)

I'm late to the party, but I'm SO happy for you Empress!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :dance: It's a UK baby boom!!! I'm a bit ahead of both you and Lisa - 32 weeks along and I feel as big as a house. :lol: Though I almost hugged a lady this morning when she said I was 'tiny' (meaning I'm all belly and little else).

I am also 'high risk' as I will be 39 when I deliver. If either of you have questions or concerns about these 'extra tests', please let me know. We didn't go with the amniocentesis because the 13 week blood test/ultrasound (what is that called again??!) all put me in the same percentile as a 20 year old mother for risk of Down's, so...!

Thankee! I'm glad you're starting to feel better. When I first started feeling sick at about 7 weeks, my mother reassured me, based on her experience, that things would turn around at about week 12. I remember saying, "I don't think I can handle another five weeks of this!" Oy! I know other people have it worse, but somehow that's of little comfort. It's kinda funny--I love beer and booze generally, and I always imagined that abstaining during pregnancy would be an absolute nightmare. Nature certainly takes care of that...the mere thought of beer still makes me queasy. Which is really, really weird.

I didn't stop having morning sickness until about 2-3 weeks into my second trimester - so don't believe what anyone tells you about it ending once the 2nd tri hits. EVERY woman is different (as me and Lisa's experiences show). You may be one of the unlucky ones to be sick the entire time - but I sure HOPE not!!!!!!!!

I personally think any woman who says she LOVED being pregnant is a liar. :lol: Either that or she was one of the lucky few to feel great throughout the pregnancy. :bonk:

Congratulations again!!!!!! :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Yes let's see... not to get a condom stuck in my throat (I almost choked on my coffee on that one!) and that cool whip is the answer to most of life's problems. Pantsuits are probably the answer to the rest! :D

Ooooh I hear you! I had hyperemesis gravidarum, which is basically very bad morning sickness. I lost over 20lbs in 3 months, never went out the door except trips to the ER from dehydration and bleeding, and expensive medication. Nobody wanted to hear about it, they stayed away so they didn't have to ask (plus I didn't smell very nice lol).

I hope you feel better soon! You can complain away to me anytime, it totally sucks when people blow you off like "oh it's just morning sickness". But Joyce fetus-turned-baby will make things better! Except for the sleep, but then you can do what I plan to do. Teach your child to give trouble to all the people who weren't understanding enough :whistle:

The Cornish know how to hold a grudge :innocent:

Re: Dear Joyce, it sounds like you've come away with some very useful and relevant info!

Man, I've read about the dreaded hyperemesis gravidarum and can safely (and thankfully) say I haven't had it that bad. I've actually only thrown up a handful of times, all between weeks 8 and 10. Mostly it's the constant nausea, fatigue, dizziness, and headaches that have me down. And general bitchiness. But I do think I'm getting there, it's just been very gradual improvement, with setbacks (usually in the form of a bad headache) every few days. Initially I think the husband thought I was being a wimp, and truth be told, I'm not the most stoic patient, but after chatting with a few of the ladies at work, he's now aware that my experience hasn't been unusual and that sometimes it's just a drag and something to get through.

K-1

AOS

I'm late to the party, but I'm SO happy for you Empress!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :dance: It's a UK baby boom!!! I'm a bit ahead of both you and Lisa - 32 weeks along and I feel as big as a house. :lol: Though I almost hugged a lady this morning when she said I was 'tiny' (meaning I'm all belly and little else).

I am also 'high risk' as I will be 39 when I deliver. If either of you have questions or concerns about these 'extra tests', please let me know. We didn't go with the amniocentesis because the 13 week blood test/ultrasound (what is that called again??!) all put me in the same percentile as a 20 year old mother for risk of Down's, so...!

I didn't stop having morning sickness until about 2-3 weeks into my second trimester - so don't believe what anyone tells you about it ending once the 2nd tri hits. EVERY woman is different (as me and Lisa's experiences show). You may be one of the unlucky ones to be sick the entire time - but I sure HOPE not!!!!!!!!

I personally think any woman who says she LOVED being pregnant is a liar. :lol: Either that or she was one of the lucky few to feel great throughout the pregnancy. :bonk:

Congratulations again!!!!!! :)

Thanks, Tracy!

Fortunately, my "old muthuh" screenings were also reassuring, so I'm skipping the amnio. I had the NT scan & ultrascreen blood test at week 12, which showed my chromosomal abnormalities risk as being that of a 20-year-old (like yours), and I just got the results of the AFP blood test (spinal cord defects screening), which were also good. I think the last of the screening tests is the ultrasound on May 21. I'm really looking forward to seeing the little critter again. Actually, you guys would appreciate this: We refer to the little one as "Limitus" (pronounced Lye-mee-tis), which stands for "Limey fetus." I came up with it myself!

I think my mom was figuring I'd take after her. All three of her pregnancies were pretty much the same in terms of how she felt--nausea, mostly at night, during weeks 6-12. Which to me now sounds glorious! I was hoping to take after her, but no such luck. Knock on wood, I feel pretty good today and am actually having a nice cup of half-caf!

K-1

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.