*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ooo! Julez! You'll have to let me know how the Western NY VJ meetup turns out! There's a reason I'm not going that I can't say here because if some people see it they'll lose their minds and have me hung, drawn, and quartered because I'm a mod so I'm dying to hear. lol

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Krikit, if you're not going, I'm not sure I'll bother. It might be for the same reason you won't be attending. We should commiserate.

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough go these last few months. I hope things are getting easier now. smile.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Things are decidedly better, Julez. Thank you. I am still "homeless" but I am not living out of my car. Yet. lol

Krikit, I'm so sorry the last few months have been so hard.

Robin: But we DO have a joint bank account, we got it to scam demonstrate to the UK government that we are a couple. :lol:

I'm scared because I hate that stuff. And I think that the whole timing of it, is totally weird. I don't want to be without a valid green card for any length of time. Also doing taxes here helps me to realise that the paperwork here is messed up from top to bottom, not just for immigration stuff. The US government seriously needs to start using these things called computers.

The UK Wiki

Poiteen -- you will be going through the CSC just like us. Bruce never was without a valid GC because it took exactly two months from filing to delivery of the card, well within the 90 days before expiry. It's likely that your case will be just as speedy. :)

Krikit -- really sorry to hear about all of that. I hope your parents are on the mend.rose.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Poiteen -- you will be going through the CSC just like us. Bruce never was without a valid GC because it took exactly two months from filing to delivery of the card, well within the 90 days before expiry. It's likely that your case will be just as speedy. :)

I'm just sayin', #######'s messed up, is all. It's a dumb system :hehe:

The UK Wiki

I'm just sayin', #######'s messed up, is all. It's a dumb system :hehe:

How DARE you say that??? You know USCIS monitors these boards, right? They know who you are and you are SO banz0red from the US now!!!

you wouldn't be without a valid green card, though, even if it took longer than 3 months -the NOA1 extends validity for one year.

:yes:

SA4userbar.jpg

I think she meant the plastic card itself? I understand the paranoia -- Bruce was worried that if he was stuck with the NOA1/2-year card combo he'd get into some situation with some dumbazz who wouldn't understand the protocol and whammo! be in immigration pokey. I told him that was highly, HIGHLY unlikely. He was glad when the plastic card arrived.

Thanks everyone. :)

The US government -- and financial sector -- seriously needs to start using these things called computers.

fixx0red good.gif

How DARE you say that??? You know USCIS monitors these boards, right? They know who you are and you are SO banz0red from the US now!!!

I love that word! :lol:

iagree.gif

It's April!!!! Are you married yet? lol

Not yet, so much to do, too little time to do it.

Because now we're preggo, the 'big' wedding has been canceled. We'll do another one next year or so, because we cannot organize a big wedding quickly, the econ is ####### and I don't wanna ask everyone to fly and spend money now, and since I'm preggo, we can't fly to Seattle to go to them. Plus, who wants to have a belly bump ina gown? Not me! lol

So we're looking into options for a small beach thing, or even a JP.

You RAWK, Maiden!! :D I told Chas he has a surprise coming and he's stumped. He surprised me yesterday with stereo surround sound for our new TV - I told him my surprise MIGHT pale in comparison. :lol:

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.