*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

I am here! I am here! *waves frantically*

PM me your address and I will send the Radox on. I won't accept payment for them, sorry, nope. :D

Just had lunch with Bruce at Larry's Hot Dog shack -- sooooooo full. I played it safe with a Kraut Dog, but Bruce got something called a Mini-Stroke: a Polish sausage, wrapped in bacon, then threaded through onion rings, then deep-fried, placed in a bun and topped with barbecue sauce.ohmy.gif With a Diet Coke on the side. :lol:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

That is just BEGGING for a smutty joke, Muffin. :D

I just came back from a Dodgers game, where I ate a Dodger Dog. I haven't had a hot dog in about 8 months, then I have two in a 24-hour period. There is clearly a message in there somewhere, but I have yet to read it properly.

Glad yer back Maven! :) I do envy you going to the Dodgers game - I love going to MLB games!! :) Our closest teams are either Atlanta or St Louis (my fave team!) so we don't get to go very often. :(

PMing you now. :D

SA4userbar.jpg

Boooo... page 2. sad.gif Unacceptable.

Tracy, I've been hella busy and haven't made it to the post office yet. I promise I'll go on Monday though!

Had a girly dim sum breakfast out in Monterey Park -- SOOO yummy but now am entering food coma...tongue.gif

Just thought I'd pop in a quick hello.... :unsure: The other day We looked at summer hols to back home..

We cant seem to find anything less than $2600-3K for the flights alone so we've started back at looking to book our belated honyemoon to Walt Disney World, the whole package deal for a week we've been eying up is still a good $200 cheaper than the flights to Heathrow. We had my parents come stay with us for Christmas so we're doing ok on our supplies Mum brought with her. Just missing the rest of my Family at the moment:(.

Paul's hopefully going to have a manager interview within the next few weeks/month :dance: So excited for him, his current manager is backing him all the way had been pushing him to apply for the manager position and he's even been working as acting manager for a few nights here and there running two terminals all by himself. So proud of him, he's only been a supervisor for just over a year (he got the promotion offer on the morning of my AOS interview). He's such a sweetheart saying he doesn't want to get his hopes up, but like last year I've been telling him to have more confidence in himself and I know he'll always do well.

He's also such a stinker.. I love to paint and have combined that with my love for Disney after they released these little Vinylmation figures, thanks to Paul and one of our friends I somehow have been talked into doing custom orders for friends and friends of friends and now we have an excuse to go to Disneyland pretty much every week to pick up more of the blank figures to paint O_o and I have a nice little income from it to not have to deal with the "when are you going to go back to Nursing? you want to go train as what? Midwifery whats that? oh right why aren't you doing it then?" barrage of questions every big family gathering my in-laws have LOL

Anyway hellos as I munch on my Mint matchmakers (thanks Mum!)

Edited by DisneyLovers

Gemma and Paul - Our Timeline

05/17/2007 - K1 Visa app sent in

05/30/2008 - K1 Visa Interview, approved but suspended pending on new police report, sent new report in 2 days later along with my passport to the embassy

06/10/2008 - Passport delivered to the house with nice visa page stuck inside yipeee!

06/20/2008 - arrived in US

08/02/2008 - tied the knot

08/11/2008 - applied for AOS and EAD

09/11/2008 - NOA arrived for both

09/30/2008 - Biometrics

12/20/2008 - Interview Letter arrived

12/23/2008 - EAD approved!

12/29/2008 - EAD card ordered

02/11/2009 - Interview APPROVED!

02/25/2009 - Green Card in hand!

11/15/2010 - ROC I-751 filed

11/17/2010 - Delivery confirmation for I-751

11/27/2010 - NOA1 (dated 11/17/2010)

12/28/2010 - Biometrics

02/16/2011 - Approval/card production email

02/23/2011 - Ohh ahh.. 10yr card arrived

2011-2017 - vacations, baby boy born in 2014, more vacations, finally remember I could file for Citizenship 5 yrs ago!

01/20/2017 - N400 filed

01/30/2017 - N400 returned with amendments needed

01/31/2017 - N400 resubmitted

02/14/2017 - NOA (dated 02/09/2017)

03/03/2017 - Biometrics 

03/07/2017 - In line for interview
08/21/2017 - Interview letter received 
09/22/2017 - Interview date - Approved

10/17/2017 - Oath Ceremony 

Boooo... page 2. sad.gif Unacceptable.

Tracy, I've been hella busy and haven't made it to the post office yet. I promise I'll go on Monday though!

No problem!! He's just started a bunch of DIY projects so he'll need his Radox baths in the coming weeks. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

*bump*

Tracy, I was in Tesco yesterday and saw some lovely bottles of Radox. smile.gif I'll be picking some up when I stop by Boots this weekend.

We're having a GORGEOUS day here in London -- hazy sunshine, high of 15C. The sort of day that has me thinking: why the hell did we leave in the first place? I know Bruce prefers it in America, and I think theoretically I do too, but we both are not adapting terribly well to being Angelenos. I know that Poiteen (who never posts anymore -- #######, Pointy? :x) has taken to the place like a duck to water, but I'm still a bit 'meh' about it. I definitely prefer it out in the San Fernando/San Gabriel Valleys (despite the scorchio summers) to anywhere else in the LA region.

xx I'm heeeeerrrreeeee!

(and due to remove conditions soon! I'm scared)

The UK Wiki

She's scared because I told her a scary story about how they would stick her in a create and ship her banz0red ####### back to Ireland -- via regular mail -- because she didn't give up her maiden name which means she and her husband are not for real, especially since she hasn't pushed out a couple of kids yet so she can enclose the birth videos with her I-751 packet.

Robin and I of course got around all these issues by bribing officials.

And no will, no life insurance, no scrapbook of "Our First Two Years"... I told her to buy the goddamned Cricut machine and start making some montages like "At The Beach!" and "Man's Best Friend" and "Man and Wife" but she didn't listen.

I expect to get a call from Gitmo any day now, and Poiteen will be begging me for the number of the nearest Jo-Ann Fabrics.

xx I'm heeeeerrrreeeee!

(and due to remove conditions soon! I'm scared)

It's easy peasy. We did hubby's last summer - give me a shout if you need help.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Wow. So much to catch up on. I disappeared Feb 13th when my Mum had a heart attack. :( Terrible times..... they didn't think she'd live. :cry: Open heart surgery..... 4 weeks in hospital..... only me able to be there when she came home..... and then my Dad got sick, too, so then I had two patients. And their house was being majorly renovated so I had to pack everything up to be moved to storage and then cook in a kitchen where it was basically four walls and a tap and do laundry in a basement where there were no lights and dust everywhere and I kept dropping clean clothes in the dirt and had to rewash them. And the parents refused to move to temporary quarters. And my daughter's bridal shower was being held at their house because my Cousin's house where it was supposed to be held was now on the market because she was moving from Ontario to BC so I had to find a new venue but it couldn't be my best friend's house because her daughter decided to get married on the same day so we had to change the date of the bridal shower and then we just decided "Screw it" and left the shower at my parents' house but the renovations aren't even close to being complete and I was in the middle of moving from Florida to DC so I had to pack my own house and get it ready to sell and then find a new house in Northern Virginia. I cried a lot. lol

The opposite is also quite funny. I have a London phone number which rings my home phone in the US. Keep it so my sons can call me on their inclusive mobile minutes without it costing them. It must be quite close to the number for a doctors surgery because we get the odd call for appointments etc. Trying to convince people they have called Oregon and it is the middle of the night is sometimes quite worth the inconvenience of being woken up.

I have the same! lol. I have a virtual number in Canada which rings to my home phone in the US. I always giggle at the telemarkers who panic and hang up on me when I tell them they've called Florida and I call "BS" to their insistence that they were responding to a ballot I filled out with them. LOL

As for our daughter's stuff, it was about $420 for both her passport and the registration. You don't have to get both though, you can get one or the other if you want.

Other than filling in all the paperwork and the pain of the cost (lol), it was pretty easy. If you need any help with it, let us know. smile.gif

Ooooh. Only $420? Why did I think it was 1k? I'd like to register my kids but the price was holding me back. Any pointers? Where do I start? I really do need another project. I don't have enough to do. <_<

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.