*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

Thank you Maven, Julez, and Tracy! Saving all our paperwork is a good idea. We'll have to start putting all that stuff in to a file so it's easy to get out this fall when we need it. At least this time around, we have a better idea of what to expect with USCIS, so hopefully it won't be so scary and frustrating. We can't wait until Stu can apply for citizenship so we can just be done with USCIS :P

As for our daughter's stuff, it was about $420 for both her passport and the registration. You don't have to get both though, you can get one or the other if you want.

Other than filling in all the paperwork and the pain of the cost (lol), it was pretty easy. If you need any help with it, let us know. :)

K1:

(See timeline)

AOS:

(See timeline)

ROC:

11-8-10 - ROC file sent

11-10-10 - CSC received file

11-10-10 - NOA1 date

11-15-10 - Check cashed

12-11-10 - Received biometrics letter

12-22-10 - Biometrics appointment (have to reschedule)

1-12-11 - Biometrics appointment (rescheduled appointment)

3-3-11 - Approved!

You are TOO KIND! Am happy to drop you a check for the cost of it and postage.

Hubby will be so happy when I get home and tell him, LOL.

Don't worry about it. I'm just laughing thinking about Chas being a Radox devotee. :lol:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Other than filling in all the paperwork and the pain of the cost (lol), it was pretty easy. If you need any help with it, let us know. :)

Thanks for this - definitely helps with the planning! :) I may holler at you if I get confused with any of it. :)

Don't worry about it. I'm just laughing thinking about Chas being a Radox devotee. :lol:

:lol: Chas loves his baths. I rarely take them (I shower, I don't reek! LOL) but if he had his way, he'd bathe every day in lieu of showering. He says there's just no US comparison to Radox!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Groovy news, Lisa!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Guys!

It's weird for a spoiled 30-something party girl with a sick love of shoes to now be thrown into the world of babies and whatnot....But we are v happy!!

It's funny how much my mindset has already changed, but I'll share a story that I think is hilar:

my mom and I went shopping. I wander over to the baby section, and I'm looking at all the cute clothes and stuff. Too early to know what the sex is, so I just looked through both. I pick up this ADORABLE little dress which comes with what looks like a beret and a headband (I <3 hats btw). So this is the convo:

Me: 'omG, Mom, lookit this, it comes with a hat!' *put the hat on the top of the hanger to get a full look....then I notice there are two elasticized symmetrical holes in it*

Me: 'uh, nevermind, this one is defective, it's got holes in it' *gruble grumble* 'God, you'd think this store wouldn't have defective ####### in it, how embarrassing for them.' *goes off on a mild tangent on the chances of a defect with two symmetrical holes, let alone ELASTICIZED holes*

Mom: *blinks* 'ummm......those are bottoms to cover the diaper'

*silence*

Mom: 'now I'm scared'

LOL

Edited by Happy Bunny

*bump*

Tracy, I was in Tesco yesterday and saw some lovely bottles of Radox. smile.gif I'll be picking some up when I stop by Boots this weekend.

We're having a GORGEOUS day here in London -- hazy sunshine, high of 15C. The sort of day that has me thinking: why the hell did we leave in the first place? I know Bruce prefers it in America, and I think theoretically I do too, but we both are not adapting terribly well to being Angelenos. I know that Poiteen (who never posts anymore -- #######, Pointy? :x) has taken to the place like a duck to water, but I'm still a bit 'meh' about it. I definitely prefer it out in the San Fernando/San Gabriel Valleys (despite the scorchio summers) to anywhere else in the LA region.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

You RAWK, maiden!! I haven't told Chas - I'm going to let it be happy little surprise. :lol: He should draw me a bath using it as a reward, doncha think?? ;)

And :( about not getting adjusted to LA. I think you just need to move to Tennessee - where the scenes are pretty and the people are nice. :) But seriously folks! I hope you enjoy your time there - nice that the weather decided to cooperate!

SA4userbar.jpg

Eeee :D:thumbs::dance: Though correction - HUBBY'S Radox. :lol: (MAYBE I'll get one bath out of it...!)

When you get home, be sure and let me know what I owe you for it and postage. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.