*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

At first I thought that's what it was, but I think it's morphed into something else....he had suggested that I reimburse him for money he spent on me while we were together. Naturally, I told him to shove it up his azz.

Good grief!

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
At first I thought that's what it was, but I think it's morphed into something else....he had suggested that I reimburse him for money he spent on me while we were together. Naturally, I told him to shove it up his azz.

That is retarculous! Be glad things worked out the way they did. Sounds pretty petty to me.

Filed: Timeline
That is retarculous! Be glad things worked out the way they did. Sounds pretty petty to me.

Oh, believe me...if I didn't already believe in God, I would after getting out of that near-disaster, lol.

Edited by Happy Bunny

Way off topic but - this made me chuckle.

Hubby called a lady who had erroneously called his cell phone number saying she had our dog, etc (our dog was obviously with us!). The moment she heard that accent, she was OVER the moon about how he'd made her day and that she's a big Rod Stewart fan (big tattoo on her arm to boot) and that if he ever wanted to call her back just to talk, she would be so happy that he did. :lol:

He never gets tired of people telling him they love his accent - which happens almost daily, I swear.

SA4userbar.jpg

Way off topic but - this made me chuckle.

Hubby called a lady who had erroneously called his cell phone number saying she had our dog, etc (our dog was obviously with us!). The moment she heard that accent, she was OVER the moon about how he'd made her day and that she's a big Rod Stewart fan (big tattoo on her arm to boot) and that if he ever wanted to call her back just to talk, she would be so happy that he did. :lol:

He never gets tired of people telling him they love his accent - which happens almost daily, I swear.

Random people in shopping markets make me giggle when they say that, although half them cant decide if I'm a brit or aussie O_o you need to get him answering the phone at home to the annoying sales people, convince them that they have called England, it's evil but hilarious to hear them go oh ####### I've called the UK! - I find them highly annoying so when it's not some silly recording I like to have fun :P

Gemma and Paul - Our Timeline

05/17/2007 - K1 Visa app sent in

05/30/2008 - K1 Visa Interview, approved but suspended pending on new police report, sent new report in 2 days later along with my passport to the embassy

06/10/2008 - Passport delivered to the house with nice visa page stuck inside yipeee!

06/20/2008 - arrived in US

08/02/2008 - tied the knot

08/11/2008 - applied for AOS and EAD

09/11/2008 - NOA arrived for both

09/30/2008 - Biometrics

12/20/2008 - Interview Letter arrived

12/23/2008 - EAD approved!

12/29/2008 - EAD card ordered

02/11/2009 - Interview APPROVED!

02/25/2009 - Green Card in hand!

11/15/2010 - ROC I-751 filed

11/17/2010 - Delivery confirmation for I-751

11/27/2010 - NOA1 (dated 11/17/2010)

12/28/2010 - Biometrics

02/16/2011 - Approval/card production email

02/23/2011 - Ohh ahh.. 10yr card arrived

2011-2017 - vacations, baby boy born in 2014, more vacations, finally remember I could file for Citizenship 5 yrs ago!

01/20/2017 - N400 filed

01/30/2017 - N400 returned with amendments needed

01/31/2017 - N400 resubmitted

02/14/2017 - NOA (dated 02/09/2017)

03/03/2017 - Biometrics 

03/07/2017 - In line for interview
08/21/2017 - Interview letter received 
09/22/2017 - Interview date - Approved

10/17/2017 - Oath Ceremony 

That's a good idea about the telemarketers! :lol:

He gets the Aussie thing sometimes too, though he got that in England from other Brits so..! Its just funny as a third party to be able to watch people's faces (mainly women, LOL) when they hear that accent. He's obviously responding to the queries so he doesn't get to watch the swooning reactions. Men are just generally more interested in what it's like to live in England, while the women only want to hear him talk. Heh.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
you need to get him answering the phone at home to the annoying sales people, convince them that they have called England, it's evil but hilarious to hear them go oh ####### I've called the UK! - I find them highly annoying so when it's not some silly recording I like to have fun :P

I never thought about that, I foresee some fun on the horizon.

The opposite is also quite funny. I have a London phone number which rings my home phone in the US. Keep it so my sons can call me on their inclusive mobile minutes without it costing them. It must be quite close to the number for a doctors surgery because we get the odd call for appointments etc. Trying to convince people they have called Oregon and it is the middle of the night is sometimes quite worth the inconvenience of being woken up.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I never thought about that, I foresee some fun on the horizon.

The opposite is also quite funny. I have a London phone number which rings my home phone in the US. Keep it so my sons can call me on their inclusive mobile minutes without it costing them. It must be quite close to the number for a doctors surgery because we get the odd call for appointments etc. Trying to convince people they have called Oregon and it is the middle of the night is sometimes quite worth the inconvenience of being woken up.

The same thing happens to me! Our London number is apparently very close to that of one of those calling cards you can buy at the corner shop, and it's one for Pakistan and Bangladesh. I freak people out by telling them they have just called California. It is worth it when you have been woken up at 4am AGAIN.

Lansbury, when I was growing up in Connecticut our number was one away from a doctor who specialized in gerontology. We would frequently get calls from old dears who wanted to make an appointment. One time, one of them got snippy with my older brother who had told her that this was not a doctor's office and that she had misdialled. She accused him of lying to her. My brother hung up on her, and she called right back. This time, he took her appointment. What a surprise it must have been when she showed up at Dr Fasano's office two weeks later to find there was no appointment!

I'm just sayin', you might start taking details... :whistle:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Lansbury, when I was growing up in Connecticut our number was one away from a doctor who specialized in gerontology. We would frequently get calls from old dears who wanted to make an appointment. One time, one of them got snippy with my older brother who had told her that this was not a doctor's office and that she had misdialled. She accused him of lying to her. My brother hung up on her, and she called right back. This time, he took her appointment. What a surprise it must have been when she showed up at Dr Fasano's office two weeks later to find there was no appointment!

I'm just sayin', you might start taking details... :whistle:

Now that's an idea, could be very helpful and tell them we've just had a cancellation and can they come right away.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.