*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

That sounds right, but I found Paul Mitchell lacked the kind of staying power Aqua Net could offer. I can't even imagine wearing the amount of hair product I did in the 80s and early 90s. Even now when I use a little bit of Dove Flexible Hold hairspray to tame errant flyaway bits it feels so bleccch. My hair was SUCH a disaster until the invention of the straightening iron for home use. I bought my first one using Boots advantage points!

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I hardly ever use hairspary these days (I have a can of Matrix stuff that is very dusty!). I mostly just some Sebastian gel before I dry my hair.

I do remember some glory days of using Aussie Sprunch spray on my permed locks. :lol:

Behold the Sprunch!

1206541401-22192_full.jpg

I remember pinching Mum's Sprunch to do my hair for a party, thinking I was going to have my locks look all perfectly curley.. not a good look for me back then or ever lol. Almost as bad as crimping my hair.. oh the shame of how we used to think that was a good look, thank god someone took the home-crimper idea and made straighteners!

Gemma and Paul - Our Timeline

05/17/2007 - K1 Visa app sent in

05/30/2008 - K1 Visa Interview, approved but suspended pending on new police report, sent new report in 2 days later along with my passport to the embassy

06/10/2008 - Passport delivered to the house with nice visa page stuck inside yipeee!

06/20/2008 - arrived in US

08/02/2008 - tied the knot

08/11/2008 - applied for AOS and EAD

09/11/2008 - NOA arrived for both

09/30/2008 - Biometrics

12/20/2008 - Interview Letter arrived

12/23/2008 - EAD approved!

12/29/2008 - EAD card ordered

02/11/2009 - Interview APPROVED!

02/25/2009 - Green Card in hand!

11/15/2010 - ROC I-751 filed

11/17/2010 - Delivery confirmation for I-751

11/27/2010 - NOA1 (dated 11/17/2010)

12/28/2010 - Biometrics

02/16/2011 - Approval/card production email

02/23/2011 - Ohh ahh.. 10yr card arrived

2011-2017 - vacations, baby boy born in 2014, more vacations, finally remember I could file for Citizenship 5 yrs ago!

01/20/2017 - N400 filed

01/30/2017 - N400 returned with amendments needed

01/31/2017 - N400 resubmitted

02/14/2017 - NOA (dated 02/09/2017)

03/03/2017 - Biometrics 

03/07/2017 - In line for interview
08/21/2017 - Interview letter received 
09/22/2017 - Interview date - Approved

10/17/2017 - Oath Ceremony 

My hair is so thick it resists all manner of scrunching, Sprunch or no. It's naturally wavy, but I really prefer it fairly straight most of the time. When it's in its natural state, I liken it to Hermione Grainger's before she did that spell on her hair -- frizzy, poofy and all over the place. I (L) my straightener!!! As you say, thank GOD they put some flat plates in that there crimper.

For those over in the US in the 80s, you MUST remember this:

_0Re_eJRYcw

I wanted one SO bad. :crying:

Oh, I was ALL about the Studio Line, when my mom still bought my hair products. Once I got to my junior year of high school, I was all about Aqua-Net, giant vats of Queen Helene extra-hold gel, Hair Epoxy and (cringe) egg whites.

I think we need photographic evidence

Destroyed in a tragic fire. :star:

The only pic I have of me online from that era has a very low pouffage content.

I do have one I just found from 1991 with a really, really glossy dyed black bob, where I'm trying to show off what little I had in the way of ta-tas back then. Alas, I didn't get the knockers until after I went into three digits weight-wise.

Oh, and there's one of me with those horrible plastic kiddie barrettes and a flannel shirt from 1993, tres grunge.

Edited by elmcitymaven

Oh dear god, someone PLEASE stop me from buying another car. Pretty much my ideal next car has come up on Craigslist for a measly $1800 obo. It's a 1968 Mercedes 250 S, with a 2.8L engine. It's in the colour I want. I have wanted one of these big hulking vehicles for some time, right around this vintage because they look big and scary like they might say "I'MMA GONNA EAT YOU!" I want a big scary car. Bruce said if I buy it he'll sell his Honda and buy the Snorus from me for at least what I paid for it.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, I don't need another car. But I want one! :crying:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.