*julez*

2005 - 2007 UK Filers *Only*

1,149 posts in this topic

Tracy!!! So good to see you here. :star: We've just filed for LOC and we're waiting for our NOA1. Still. :angry: My introduction to stateside USCIS has shown me it is just as cr@p as everyone said.

:D thanks maven!!! I'm not liking the stories I'm hearing about long NOAs. Hubby is wanting to go see his mom in September - I'm not sure he'll freaking have the NOA by that point (we can send it in Aug 15th). Grrr!!! We're going through VSC too so I don't anticipate anything being fast, nor do I really want to drive nearly 7 hours round trip to Memphis for an I 551 stamp...!

Thanks julez! Yes it has flown!! But hubby is laughing at me - I am such an immigration nerd that I am actually looking forward to preparing and filing for LOC. :lol: If only it wouldn't cost nearly $600 - then I'd REALLY enjoy it...!!! :D

OMG. I wish I felt like that! I get depressed every time I think about it. :(

I'm a full on dork though. :lol: Hubby thinks I should go to school to be a paralegal so I can work for an immigration attorney. How I am supposed to find the hours in the day to do that - let alone the money with which to do it - is beyond me, but it's nice he is supportive of my obsession. HA.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I thought AOS paperwork was pretty easy, so I'm hoping LOC won't be too bad either. I suppose I should wander into that forum soon to start getting ready. :star:

Yeah, AOS was really easy. Removal of Conditions is not. :angry:

I'm a full on dork though. :lol: Hubby thinks I should go to school to be a paralegal so I can work for an immigration attorney. How I am supposed to find the hours in the day to do that - let alone the money with which to do it - is beyond me, but it's nice he is supportive of my obsession. HA.

I was thinking of doing that! Not sure how I'd fit it into my no-work lifestyle though. :lol:

iagree.gif

Honestly I find LOC less confusing than AOS. At least no I 864 this time, let alone adding the work and travel authorizations to the mix. This time, it's just 'prove you're married' basically. Any idiot should be able to do that (lawyers excluded :lol: ) j/k

:lol: @ Krikit.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah, LOC is waaaay less confusing. I've got everything ready now but am still waiting for the stoopid tax transcripts - which hubby ordered AGAIN last week. Grrrr!

However, ask me in a month or so if it's less stressful and I'll let you know! :lol:

:lol: I hear ya! I'm so ####### that I ordered the tax transcripts last month and already have them. HA. It amuses hubby that he doesn't have to do anything - AND that I'm actually enjoying 'taking over'. He'd have a fight on his hands if he were trying to do it. :D
SA4userbar.jpg

Lifting of conditions. I've heard it both ways so I guess they are interchangeable in my mind. (But I know some REALLY take exception to calling it LOC...!)

SA4userbar.jpg

Lifting of conditions. I've heard it both ways so I guess they are interchangeable in my mind. (But I know some REALLY take exception to calling it LOC...!)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I googled it but kept coming up with Library of Congress. :lol: Yeah. I totally won't be able to remember LOC. lol

iagree.gif

Yeah, LOC is waaaay less confusing. I've got everything ready now but am still waiting for the stoopid tax transcripts - which hubby ordered AGAIN last week. Grrrr!

However, ask me in a month or so if it's less stressful and I'll let you know! :lol:

Welcome to VJ. :time:

You know what I find really annoying? In my head I had a completely different date for when the window to remove conditions opened. I just re-read my reminder letter and I could have filed today. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.