Sandrila

DINNER IN MENA LAND

134 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
My husband says he doesn't like Chinese food either, so you are not alone.

Funny. Mine loves Chinese and Pizza and Waffles with maple syrup. He's obsessed with waffles with maple syrup. He's quite upset they don't have that here in Turkey. They just don't sell maple syrup here or any kind of pancake/waffle syrup. There is actually a waffle house but they only serve one kind of waffle and it's topped with nutella and fruit. He loves nutella...and fruit. Just not on his waffles. He wants to run away to a place that has Eggos and maple syrup. :blush: When he saw a waffle maker in a store he wanted me to buy it. I mentioned the lack of syrup and he asked if I could make some home-made maple syrup. I had to explain the fact that I doubted the ability to locate any maple trees in Istanbul and even if I did find some the problem would arise of how was I to tap them and then carry the sap back to our apartment to make syrup from. He decided it was a waste to buy a waffle maker if he couldn't have it with the syrup. :blink: The first place we'll go when we touch down on American soil is waffle house.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband will eat Chinese food once or twice a month, usually lo mein. The takeout near us makes a great General Tso's tofu, but he doesn't think tofu is food.

He liked Mexican the first few times, but he's become bored with it. I told him it's not quite real Mexican though.

He loves Indian food, says they take nothing and make something out of it. But I don't think he's ever seen a list of all the spices. Some of it reminds him of Moroccan food, and whenever he has dental work done and his teeth are sore, he wants to hit the Indian buffet since most of the food is soft but he can still sweat from the fire. That's usually my first choice also. The closest thing to a Moroccan or ME restaurant here is terribly overpriced for what they offer (couscous with tomato sauce and meatballs is a scary, scary thing), so we never go.

As for the chores, they're probably split 50/50. Neither of us likes clutter, but we'll put up with it for a few days if we're both very busy. He'll load the dishwasher and wash clothes, as will I. We don't mop or vacuum daily. Usually one of us will notice that it needs to be done, and that person will do it. Same with dusting and the bathrooms. He's usually the first to initiate cleaning out the fridge and then recruits me -- that's my least favorite task. The only real daily tasks at the moment are cooking, washing dishes, straightening up the front room, and taking out the trash. As soon as the baby's on the floor, though, yes, the floors will be a daily thing. I think we'll both be picker about the state of the apartment in general.

Edited by caybee

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Funny. Mine loves Chinese and Pizza and Waffles with maple syrup. He's obsessed with waffles with maple syrup. He's quite upset they don't have that here in Turkey. They just don't sell maple syrup here or any kind of pancake/waffle syrup. There is actually a waffle house but they only serve one kind of waffle and it's topped with nutella and fruit. He loves nutella...and fruit. Just not on his waffles. He wants to run away to a place that has Eggos and maple syrup. :blush: When he saw a waffle maker in a store he wanted me to buy it. I mentioned the lack of syrup and he asked if I could make some home-made maple syrup. I had to explain the fact that I doubted the ability to locate any maple trees in Istanbul and even if I did find some the problem would arise of how was I to tap them and then carry the sap back to our apartment to make syrup from. He decided it was a waste to buy a waffle maker if he couldn't have it with the syrup. :blink: The first place we'll go when we touch down on American soil is waffle house.

this made me LOL. My husband is also extremely fond of anything that might be served with maple syrup. we have pancakes or waffles fairly often around here :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Timeline
this made me LOL. My husband is also extremely fond of anything that might be served with maple syrup. we have pancakes or waffles fairly often around here :)

I love Baklava, which is a Persian invention but they sell it in every bakery here too. Luckily it's a bit expensive otherwise I'd be eating it every weekend. I asked him if he preferred his native land's Baklava or waffles with maple syrup better. It didn't take him a second before he said waffles with syrup. :luv:

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

this thread is making me laugh too because my husband will eat anything, any type of food but he prefers his waffles or pancakes WITH nutella lol. or honey is acceptable. i share the love of waffles lately i have been on a waffle kick and eat flax plus waffles every day. i have been using agave nectar though as maple syrup is 10000 calories a spoon.

Timeline
this thread is making me laugh too because my husband will eat anything, any type of food but he prefers his waffles or pancakes WITH nutella lol. or honey is acceptable. i share the love of waffles lately i have been on a waffle kick and eat flax plus waffles every day. i have been using agave nectar though as maple syrup is 10000 calories a spoon.

That doesn't bother my man at all. He's one of those annoying people that has natural muscle tone without having to work out and doesn't gain much weight no matter how many stacks of waffles or pieces of pizza he eats.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ahmeds first out to eat breakfast turned out to be pancakes (many pancakes) repeat many, ha he just sat there and looked at them but he wasnt real thrilled and said it was enough to eat for a week. But here at home with the (frozen waffles) he does honey, he does like Mexican, some Chinese, wasnt to thrilled with the CHurches Chicken, most hambergers he loves> We went to Red Lobster seems its (OK) and analized all the fishes as not being same as Morocco, told him maybe thats because your NOT in Morocco

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

I love Baklava, which is a Persian invention but they sell it in every bakery here too. Luckily it's a bit expensive otherwise I'd be eating it every weekend. I asked him if he preferred his native land's Baklava or waffles with maple syrup better. It didn't take him a second before he said waffles with syrup. :luv:

Baklava is big with the Greeks too. Every Christmas there is this Greek Orthodox church that sells homemade baklava and it is the best I've ever had. Mmmmm.... I'm getting hungry. I don't know if my hubby has ever had waffles or pancakes. I'll have to ask him.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline
Baklava is big with the Greeks too. Every Christmas there is this Greek Orthodox church that sells homemade baklava and it is the best I've ever had. Mmmmm.... I'm getting hungry. I don't know if my hubby has ever had waffles or pancakes. I'll have to ask him.

The very first time I ever had Baklava was at a Greekfest in New Orleans. It was as delicious as it is here in Turkey. It could be dangerous introducing your husband to waffles and maple syrup though. :star:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband will eat Chinese food once or twice a month, usually lo mein. The takeout near us makes a great General Tso's tofu, but he doesn't think tofu is food.

Tofu is supposed to be food? :jest:

:P

Hmm...wonder if I could get away with vegetarian "ground beef".....and if he'd notice the difference...

Edited by star_dragon

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline

Hmm...wonder if I could get away with vegetarian "ground beef".....and if he'd notice the difference...

I don't generally like the vegetarian imitation meat stuff except for Boca Burgers. It's usually easy to tell the difference. The difference in texture and consistency is noticeable. The taste might be good but it still doesn't taste like meat to me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

My husband will not hardly even try pancakes or maple syrup. Even if I get him to eat pancakes he insists on putting honey on them. I don't think he gives maple syrup a genuine chance :( When we go to a place that has pancakes or waffles, he always orders a cheese burger so it kind of makes things difficult. We took him to Red Lobster and he did think the food was good, but the things he likes at Red Lobster I can make at home and how he likes it, so not too much point in going to the restaurant where it is more expensive. I love lobster and crab legs which he is not fond of so we have to go sometimes because I'm not cooking either of those, lol.

As for around the house, my husband will try to straighten the living room sometimes and he makes the bed in the mornings most days. If I have to work late he will ask me if I need him to start something for dinner. He doesn't know how to cook but he is good at following directions which is great. Him and my father (who lives with us) take the trash to the dump every week or two as we don't have trash pick up where I live. My father keeps the kitchen clean and washes the dishes so that helps. My main jobs are laundry, cleaning the bathroom and doing the detailed cleaning of the living room and bedrooms.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline

The very first time I ever had Baklava was at a Greekfest in New Orleans. It was as delicious as it is here in Turkey. It could be dangerous introducing your husband to waffles and maple syrup though. :star:

I asked him and he said he had waffles once when he first moved to Canada and he loved them. LOL

post-45556-1236473996_thumb.jpg

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Timeline

Oh and I forgot, I have a mickey mouse waffle iron! I love that thing. :-)

He'll notice.

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Been pk visiting for awhile, and let me tell you!!! lol..princesses princesses and princesses. if it too hard to handle being house wife get a maid. yeah . homemade bread well that is just around the corner at the market. lol have hubby pick that up on the way home (and late after working and traveling towork and prayer at the mosque stop visit with friends) these boys have got you BUFFALOED BIG TIME!!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.