alienlovechild

pinay..be counted in this thread

158 posts in this topic

The reactions of the others to the thread is very annoying and it demonstrates a very poor uinderstanding of what the OP was trying to point the whole conversation at. I think some reactions here demonstrate crab mentality at its best. Sooo dumb!

Well anyway, I did say I am a college degree holder and will soon take a shot at masters. I won't say which university I got my degree from as people MIGHT react again. But I am a manager until I leave the Philippines to be my husband-to-be's (my meal ticket LOL) high manitenance housemaid.

-peace out-

Keep on boasting!

perhaps you could post what rule they broke, along with a corrected sentence ;)

I AGREE WITH YA!.. HAHAHA!

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a graduate of BHE.. sounds new? (Bachelor of Home EkaNanay!) and i'm LOVING it!!!!!!!!..

Not a degree holder here, only took up 2 year Computer Programming Course.. but hey! i'm an English teacher now.. :D

(Ang layo sa course no?! Nag-eroplano kasi ako eh, ang layo tuloy ng nilipad!) :bonk:

I-130 Application

09-06-2007 - Sent the I-130

01-02-2008 - Recieved NOA1

05-01-2008 - NOA2 approved!

05-09-2008 - Recieved hard copy of NOA2

05-16-2008 - Recieved the AOS Fee Bill with Manila Case number

05-18-2008 - Sent Choice of Agent via email

07-29-2008 - Recieved IV bill from the mail

09-10-2008 - Paid the I864 bill and IV bill

09-16-2008 - NVC mailed the Instruction packet agent to my hubby

09-28-2008 - Received hard copy of the instruction packet agent

09-29-2008 - Received the I864 packet

03-02-2009 - Hubby sent the I864 and DS230 to NVC

03-06-2009 - NVC received I-864, under review

03-10-2009 - NVC received DS230, under review

03-13-2009 - I-864 complete, still reviewing the DS230

03-19-2009 - Under NVC final review, the operator told me that i need to redo my DS230

03-23-2009 - CASE COMPLETE!!!

03-25-2009 - GOT A MAY 7 INTERVIEW!!!

03-26-2009 - received appointment letter from NVC through email

03-31-2009 - 1st day Medical

04-01-2009 - 2nd day Medical. PASSED!

04-02-2009 - NVC sent docs to USEM

05-07-2009 - USEM Interview.. VISA APPROVED!!!

05-12-2009 - Finally got my VISA!!!

05-27-2009 - Flight to OK

.png

Bachelor of Arts major in Psychology and Master of Arts major in Special Education

Planning to take a shot at the PhD when I move to CA :thumbs:

Feelicks <3 Neenuh

04.23.07 sent I-130 packet

04.25.07 USPS confirmed I-130 packet delivered

05.18.07 money order cashed

08.09.07 received NOA1

09.23.07 received NOA2

10.23.07 received I-864 AOS fee

12.14.07 received I-864 AOS instructions

12.15.07 mailed DS-3032

01.04.08 received IV fee

02.15.08 mailed I-864 AOS packet

02.15.08 mailed money order for IV fee

03.03.08 received IV packet

04.09.08 received I-864 AOS RFE

07.19.08 mailed I-864 RFE documents

12.19.08 mailed IV packet

01.02.09 case completed at the NVC

02.24.09 NVC interview packet arrived

02.25.09 SLEC medical DAY 1

02.27.09 SLEC medical DAY 2

03.02.09 SLEC medical DAY 3 PASSED!

03.05.09 USEM interview @ 6:30am APPROVED!

03.07.09 visas in hand

04.20.09 Arrived at SFO

05.05.09 Received SSN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Count me in! :D Graduate of B.S. Electronics & Communication Engineering, B.S. Information Technology Major in Multimedia and Certified Nursing Aid. *whew* A lot eh? Planning to take my Masters Degree in IT when i get to Michigan. :thumbs: Not sure yet being a RN, we'll see.. who knows?

Soy la casa de mi amado y mi amado es mío.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife has a degree in Education major in Special Educ.; also Master's Degree in Education and had finished 2 vocational courses. She wants to study here as an LPN. Thanks for this thread.

------------------------

Adjustment of Status ( I-485) and Advance Parole

Jan.6,2010- Mailed to South Dearborn Chicago via Fedex overnight delivery

Jan.7,2010- AOS packet received signed by Chyba

Jan.10,2010- Notice receipt from USCIS

Jan.13,2010- check has been cashed

Jan.14,2010- NOA1 received (hard copy)

Jan.23,2010- Biometrics Appt.received in the mail dated Jan.14,2010

Feb. 1, 2010- Biometrics appointment at 8a.m.

Feb.9,2010 - touched

March 2,2010- AP approved

March 9,2010- Hard copy received

March 12, 2010- I-485 receipt notice for interview

March 18,2010- received letter for initial interview

April 19, 2010- 8 :15 A.M INTERVIEW DATE ( APPROVED 5min.Interview)

APRIL 20, 2010- USCIS website updated card production ordered

url=http://www.weddingcountdown.com]

79bur3yi21.png

[/url]

----------------------------

We met online became good friends , fell in love and got married..

Timeline
Filipinas don't have to brag in this thread if they are highly educated or not. We can discern who are the highly educated and not too highly educated by reading their posts and how their English grammar and spelling stand up.

We don't have to boast that we are accountants or nurses or computer experts. This thread sucks! :star:

I totally diagree with what you said, sorry..but being fluent in english doesnt tell anyone whether you have had good education or you've graduated from a prestigious Universities. Anybody can be a graduate of an associate degree from a low profile school and just happened to have enthusiasm in english language and read alot and was able to to communicate in english proficiently due to exposure to such, and so on.

And hey, you never know these people....i dont think they're bragging, BIGOT! Filipinos need to have this sense of pride (atleast a little) for we are the inferior race (admit it)...Generally, filipinos think that anything foreign is superior, its because we dont have our own identity and its understandable becuase we have various influences from other nations.

If this thread sucks then you don't belong here. This serves as a little community where people with good judgment get together.

BY THE WAY IM A REGISTERED NURSE! from La Salle

Filipinas don't have to brag in this thread if they are highly educated or not. We can discern who are the highly educated and not too highly educated by reading their posts and how their English grammar and spelling stand up.

We don't have to boast that we are accountants or nurses or computer experts. This thread sucks! :star:

Why so sore? LOL

:lol:

Oh my goodness!!! I did not know that others feel bitter by reading this thread. I think I should include the drop outs here.

Hahaha! Clever response! TC!

October 27, 2008 - K1 petition sent to VSC

October 29, 2008 - NOA1 received

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 04, 2009 - NOA2 received in email

March 09, 2009 - case left from NVC to USEM Manila

March 24, 2009 - called USEM to set an interview appointment

March 24-25 - Medical

April 23, 2009 - INTERVIEW----PASSED!

April 27, 2009 - Visa ready for pick-up

April 27, 2009 - CFO Seminar

May, 02 2009 - Flight to USA (Phils,-Japan-Houston-Huntsville AL)

I totally diagree with what you said, sorry..but being fluent in english doesnt tell anyone whether you have had good education or you've graduated from a prestigious Universities. Anybody can be a graduate of an associate degree from a low profile school and just happened to have enthusiasm in english language and read alot and was able to to communicate in english proficiently due to exposure to such, and so on.

And hey, you never know these people....i dont think they're bragging, BIGOT! Filipinos need to have this sense of pride (atleast a little) for we are the inferior race (admit it)...Generally, filipinos think that anything foreign is superior, its because we dont have our own identity and its understandable becuase we have various influences from other nations.

If this thread sucks then you don't belong here. This serves as a little community where people with good judgment get together.

Why so sore? LOL

Oh my goodness!!! I did not know that others feel bitter by reading this thread. I think I should include the drop outs here.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Timeline

sa totoo lang, madali lang makakuha ng degree. pero aanhin mo yun kung di mo naman alam kung paano gamitin yun? mas mahalaga pa rin na magaling kang dumiskarte sa buhay, may degree man o wala. minsan pa nga yung iba ang dami nilang credentials sa pagaaral pero di naman matanggap tanggap sa trabaho. at isa pa, hindi naman basihan ng talino o pagiging edukado ang pagiging magaling sa english. magkakaiba kasi tayo ng galing. yun nga lang dito sa amerika, mas makakalamang ka kung nakakapagsalita ka ng english. pero hindi pa rin nangangahulagang mas nakakalamang ka sa talino.

TRUE ENOUGH! You can have good inclination in english but it doesnt mean you also know all about science and stuff.

Why can't we people be just kind to one another huh? If we encounter such grumpy and irritable personalities, don't sweat it out! Magkaak-wrinkles lang tayo nyan..let them be bothered! smiel! laugh! BE PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO! 'cause we are!

THIS REALLY SHOWS OF HAVING CRAB MENTALITY! and people who do criticize others?of what they did or do or where they're from and waht they have? they only want to make themselves feel better agree? yes!......sooooo filipino! such a sad truth...

YOU KNOW, YOU CAN JUST READ AND KEEP THE CRITICISM TO YOURSELF...its not good to hurt people's feelings. Do you feel good when you do that?

you can criticize..yeah...but make damn sure you do it fairly. You dont want that to happen to you, do you? GO FIGURE! ( and what i said is for all na natatamaan..)

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 24-25 - Medical

Timeline
I'm not in college yet, but I'm working on it. English is making me:cry:.

Hey girl...dont get frustrated..YOU CAN'T MASTER ENGLISH OVERNIGHT..it takes time..just persevere on it. But dont do it too serious, always include fun. Be it your interest. TC!

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 24-25 - Medical

Timeline
I'm a registered nurse back home, not over here. So for the meantime i am mastering changing adult diapers and wiping poop! :blush: But i'm working on getting a state license.

can i guess whats your job? ikaw ba si sharon cuneta sa movie na caregiver? hehehehhehe

Clearly you're such an a-s-s. Trying to make yourself feel better by putting otehrs down..shame! shame!

Edited by ja.da

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 24-25 - Medical

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why so sore? LOL

I think we've got the same views and wavelengths for the purpose of this thread. Unfortunately, others deviate. They either make us laugh or they annoy us. This is a test of our tolerance on the different personalities.

Thanks.. :blush:

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline

Why so sore? LOL

I think we've got the same views and wavelengths for the purpose of this thread. Unfortunately, others deviate. They either make us laugh or they annoy us. This is a test of our tolerance on the different personalities.

Thanks.. :blush:

Yes and i ahve no tolerance with a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s here...sorry for that word but some do deserve it. And i always take side on the underdogs...

And some are plain hypocrites..obviously...poor people..they do not know what they're doing. sigh.

--no touches, no FRE's--

March 24-25 - Medical

No matter what you've finished back in Philippines as Filipinos we will always be categorized as 2nd or 3rd class citizens here in US since we came from a poor country and that is the truth. :( Peace! (L)(F) I'm a college drop-out and am not embarrass about that.Worked in Taiwan as factory worker,finished my contract went back to Philippines, enrolled in culinary school, met my husband the rest is history...I'm proud of the many pinoys who were very successful not just here in US but in many other countries as well. :thumbs:

You know, having a degree is great. It's always nice to be educated. Hell! I even got 2 myself. One in law and one in business. But they are worthless here in America. I'm stuck answering the phone and folding clothes in Walmart. And after a year, I get to use a price gun. Woohoo! :pop:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.