alienlovechild

pinay..be counted in this thread

158 posts in this topic

I have a double degree in marriage (I failed the first one!), still working on mastering the second marriage but I already hold a doctorate in Home Economics specializing in home administration, budget management, culinary arts, psychology, appliance technology, etc. :star:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a registered nurse back home, not over here. So for the meantime i am mastering changing adult diapers and wiping poop! :blush: But i'm working on getting a state license.

can i guess whats your job? ikaw ba si sharon cuneta sa movie na caregiver? hehehehhehe

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a registered nurse back home, not over here. So for the meantime i am mastering changing adult diapers and wiping poop! :blush: But i'm working on getting a state license.

can i guess whats your job? ikaw ba si sharon cuneta sa movie na caregiver? hehehehhehe

Certified Nurse Assistant naman para sosyal ang dating, oh di bah? :thumbs:

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

oh yeah your right...heheheh..sosyal jud ang dating..my cousin was registered nurse in pi and she married a guy from new zealand...now she works as a CNA too in new zealand..but shes not proud about it..she even deleted her friendster coz she doesnt want her batchmates to know about it...how about you are you proud of it?

Timeline

oh yeah your right...heheheh..sosyal jud ang dating..my cousin was registered nurse in pi and she married a guy from new zealand...now she works as a CNA too in new zealand..but shes not proud about it..she even deleted her friendster coz she doesnt want her batchmates to know about it...how about you are you proud of it?

not really, but i'm just counting on the experience. i want to help my husband with the expenses so i guess it's better than nothing.

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

I have a double degree in marriage (I failed the first one!), still working on mastering the second marriage but I already hold a doctorate in Home Economics specializing in home administration, budget management, culinary arts, psychology, appliance technology, etc. :star:

I'm :rofl:

I'm mastering without practicing. :lol:

Edited by VJ's Opportunist

kidding aside... we all have degrees in whatever or masters in whatever with or without diplomas. Honestly, it take time to establish yourself here in US, determination and perseverance is your key. My husband came in State when he was 20 y.o. doesn't speak english imagine the hardship he went through, he walked everyday bringing dictionary and had to listen carefully the words. He worked at a burger station with small salary then decided to go back college, to make it short after 10 years or so he landed a high paying job as Vice President of the company thats because he works hard.

kidding aside... we all have degrees in whatever or masters in whatever with or without diplomas. Honestly, it take time to establish yourself here in US, determination and perseverance is your key. My husband came in State when he was 20 y.o. doesn't speak english imagine the hardship he went through, he walked everyday bringing dictionary and had to listen carefully the words. He worked at a burger station with small salary then decided to go back college, to make it short after 10 years or so he landed a high paying job as Vice President of the company thats because he works hard.

now that's inspirational! :thumbs:

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Filipinas don't have to brag in this thread if they are highly educated or not. We can discern who are the highly educated and not too highly educated by reading their posts and how their English grammar and spelling stand up.

We don't have to boast that we are accountants or nurses or computer experts. This thread sucks! :star:

i see posting, not boasting.

:thumbs::yes:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I am also an RN , and a lawyer back in the Philippines but now working as a Certtified Nursing Assistant in Ocala while waiting for the Florida Board of Nursing to authorize me to take the NCLEX-RN. I chose the CNA course to reintroduce me to the medical field since I stopped working as a nurse in 1998 and "relocated" to the field of law. Anyhow, I am proud of what I am doing. In a way, I feel good when the patients thank me for what I do for them , especially when I see that big smile on their faces.

There are many highly educated Filipinos ( even judges, lawyers, principals ) who come to the USA and work as caregivers for 6 months then go home with a lot of money, this is a fact. We Filipinos are very hardworking and the main drive is our families. Whatever we are doing, we should be proud of it no matter how "low" the postion is, at least we are earning and not depending on somebody else to feed us.

It also took me sometime before getting a job but with persistence , I landed one. The pay is great and although I drive 45minutes each way to and from work I am enjoying my job and I am earning again.

Americans grew up speaking and writing English but a lot of them also commit mistakes with their grammar and spelling so expect a Filipino who grew up speaking another dialect to commit the same mistakes. We know the English language, I guess our main problem is how to express ourselves using it. I know a few who are still struggling with their communication skills but they are trying and learning, that is the most important thing.

I am proud of everyone here. Let us always aim high and be proud of what we do.

Godbless us all.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Timeline

perhaps you could post what rule they broke, along with a corrected sentence ;)

That's a good suggestion Charles! :lol:

I am amazed and fascinated with the very rich and diverse reactions/thoughts of the people in this thread. Pinays really rock! Keep on posting guys ;-)... Be my guests and you guys...be the judge. :yes:

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

i belong here he he he

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

Timeline

i am a chemical engineer here in PI but im not looking forward on working as engineer in the US..i will accept whatever kind of job as long as its decent while trying to pursue my field....

i knew some schoolmates who are lucky to pursue their profession in the US,i will just perhaps try my best who knows di ba?

hardwork and patient :D

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

Timeline
sa totoo lang, madali lang makakuha ng degree. pero aanhin mo yun kung di mo naman alam kung paano gamitin yun?

not applicable for me,i have to study hard to maintain my scholarship (mahirap lang kami at pangarap ko sa magandang school of engineering) and earned my degree...

Salamat kay Lord at kay st.John bosco (my guide)

Masaya naman ako kasi natupad ang dream kong maging chemist

Timeline
Here is Tip in getting a job here in the US: NETWORK and NETWORK and NETWORK. There is 70% of probability of getting a job if you use your network.

This is my own experience, not working yet but already got two jobs waiting for me.

My previous job in the philippines gave me the opportunity to work globally. Start and close projects in the US, Latin America and Asian Countries. I reported directly to a US manager here in AZ. I did not ask him for any job position here in the US. One time, my hubby saw my previous manager. My previous manager asked my hubby when i could start work. He said that once i get my paper, he has a job for me. Its an engineering job that would require me to travel to asia. Company is # 1 in its field.

Next experience, i told my hubby that i want to work in another industry. We know the owner of the company of this industry that i like. We called him and mentioned to him that i'm interested to work in his company. The owner asked when can I start. Well, we told them that once i have my paper, I could start work. Another job with opportunity to travel to asia. This company is not hit by recession. In fact, its field is expanding.

You need to develop your NETWORK and lots of prayer. :innocent:

Who said work is hard to find during recession time...

Thanks for sharing that tip.. I am looking for some jobs using internet. I posted my resume online and still waiting for replies on my application.

I applied for CNA position in our place but I was required to show Certification of 6-months CPR training. I don't know if it's also true in other states. I learned Joma is a CNA in Ocala (Is that in Florida?). We don't have that training as part of the BSN curriculum in the Philippines. So, if I really need to have that job then I have to enrol for that training here. That really sucks! It entails more expenses and time. For now, while waiting of any replies of my application, I am reviewing for the NCLEX-RN.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.