alienlovechild

pinay..be counted in this thread

158 posts in this topic

BS Nursing..planning to get a (state) license..what state i still dont know!!!waaaaa!!..washington resident and now a certified bum and a domesticated(?) housewife who shuttles between california,alabama and idaho..heading to alaska next week...waaaaaa..

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I listened to the speech of President Obama last night. He said that america is one of the developed countries with high college drop outs.

I am just curious if the pinay members here in VJ are also college drop outs, which I think may not be true. I guess there are many pinays, who are here in america, are educated and even college/masters degree holder (sic).

If you are a college/masters degree holder, you're invited to join in this thread and be counted. This is just for fun. You deserve to be recognized! :star:

This appears not to be good example of how "to construct ideas using English with correct grammar and spelling". Are you sure you finished high school?

I stand corrected in that part because it was already too late after I posted my message that I could no longer edit it. I don't want to persuade you if I finished my high school. I give you all the liberty to assess me because you already had the doubt and you might not believe me if I still say so.

I appreciate the people who posted their replies in this thread. Though, there was a bit of deviation on the flows and contents of the replies ( from the topic of degree originally to english grammar and all those stuff) but I can see the diversity of the interests/fields of specialization of my kapwa pinay here in VJ.

I just realized there was bias on this thread on its start and maybe offensive/discriminating to others...my apology.

For those who are still looking for a job, you're not alone. Let's just have patience till we can get a job soon.

For those who got their jobs already, you might as well share your tips to other pinays (or to us) when you had your job hunting.

We accept your apology. :thumbs:

tex-mex.jpg

QUOTE (pepe N pilar'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I listened to the speech of President Obama last night. He said that america is one of the developed countries with high college drop outs.

I am just curious if the pinay members here in VJ are also college drop outs, which I think may not be true. I guess there are many pinays, who are here in america, are educated and even college/masters degree holder (sic).

If you are a college/masters degree holder, you're invited to join in this thread and be counted. This is just for fun. You deserve to be recognized! :star:

This appears not to be good example of how "to construct ideas using English with correct grammar and spelling". Are you sure you finished high school?

I stand corrected in that part because it was already too late after I posted my message that I could no longer edit it. I don't want to persuade you if I finished my high school. I give you all the liberty to assess me because you already had the doubt and you might not believe me if I still say so.

I appreciate the people who posted their replies in this thread. Though, there was a bit of deviation on the flows and contents of the replies ( from the topic of degree originally to english grammar and all those stuff) but I can see the diversity of the interests/fields of specialization of my kapwa pinay here in VJ.

I just realized there was bias on this thread on its start and maybe offensive/discriminating to others...my apology.

For those who are still looking for a job, you're not alone. Let's just have patience till we can get a job soon.

For those who got their jobs already, you might as well share your tips to other pinays (or to us) when you had your job hunting.

We accept your apology. :thumbs:

Here is Tip in getting a job here in the US: NETWORK and NETWORK and NETWORK. There is 70% of probability of getting a job if you use your network.

This is my own experience, not working yet but already got two jobs waiting for me.

My previous job in the philippines gave me the opportunity to work globally. Start and close projects in the US, Latin America and Asian Countries. I reported directly to a US manager here in AZ. I did not ask him for any job position here in the US. One time, my hubby saw my previous manager. My previous manager asked my hubby when i could start work. He said that once i get my paper, he has a job for me. Its an engineering job that would require me to travel to asia. Company is # 1 in its field.

Next experience, i told my hubby that i want to work in another industry. We know the owner of the company of this industry that i like. We called him and mentioned to him that i'm interested to work in his company. The owner asked when can I start. Well, we told them that once i have my paper, I could start work. Another job with opportunity to travel to asia. This company is not hit by recession. In fact, its field is expanding.

You need to develop your NETWORK and lots of prayer. :innocent:

Who said work is hard to find during recession time...

Edited by rheanick

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

The reactions of the others to the thread is very annoying and it demonstrates a very poor uinderstanding of what the OP was trying to point the whole conversation at. I think some reactions here demonstrate crab mentality at its best. Sooo dumb!

Well anyway, I did say I am a college degree holder and will soon take a shot at masters. I won't say which university I got my degree from as people MIGHT react again. But I am a manager until I leave the Philippines to be my husband-to-be's (my meal ticket LOL) high manitenance housemaid.

-peace out-

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The reactions of the others to the thread is very annoying and it demonstrates a very poor uinderstanding of what the OP was trying to point the whole conversation at. I think some reactions here demonstrate crab mentality at its best. Sooo dumb!

Well anyway, I did say I am a college degree holder and will soon take a shot at masters. I won't say which university I got my degree from as people MIGHT react again. But I am a manager until I leave the Philippines to be my husband-to-be's (my meal ticket LOL) high manitenance housemaid.

-peace out-

Keep on boasting!

tex-mex.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

-peace out-

Keep on boasting!

perhaps you could post what rule they broke, along with a corrected sentence ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Ooohhh did I just say violate the correct grammar rule? pepeNpilar, if you are having a bad day, you may opt to take a leave. If not, you may opt to grow up. :P

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a graduate of Associate in Computer Science (a Department of Science & Technology Scholarship Grant), Bachelor of Science in Accountancy... and 21units to finish my Bachelor of Science major in Management!!!

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

I love this thread!at least i'm in..with no degree.... :P

3561055465_7e32541543_m.jpg3561659436_e8b5cc66fc_m.jpg

"Our Wedding Prayer"

Lord,help us to remember when we first met,and the strong love that grew between us.

To work the love into practical things so nothing can divide us

Grant us a Love that grows stronger with each passing year.

We ask for words both kind and loving

and for hearts always ready to ask forgiveness as well as to forgive.

Guide us to overcome every challenge

and keep our dreams pure to each other always.

Dear Lord,we put our marriage into Your hands.Amen

If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them.

Timeline

yay!!! love pinays!

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

N400:

Medical at St. Lukes:

degrees from pinas don't necessarily equal to a degree here. i'm a up grad, bs math. but here i am, washing dishes, cooking, and doing the laundry for my dear husband. :D

na-master ko na rin ang washing dishes, cooking and laundry!

hayan may master degree na rin ako :rofl::rofl::rofl:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a registered nurse back home, not over here. So for the meantime i am mastering changing adult diapers and wiping poop! :blush: But i'm working on getting a state license.

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.