alienlovechild

pinay..be counted in this thread

158 posts in this topic

Pinoy Ako

4 Years BS Management

Working now for Mayo Clinic though in Dietary Services.

Considering going into Nursing like so many other Pinays here at Mayo.

Hope to start taking Nurse Assistant Course this spring.

Sent I-130 & I-129F on 06/30/06 same day

I-129f sent to Chicago

I-130 sent to Neb. transf. to CSC.

I-129F Process

07/03/06 Rec. Date on I-129F

07/06/06 Notice Date on NOA1

07/09/06 I-129F Rec. in mail

I-130 Process

07/24/06 I-130 NOA1 rec'd in mail

Confirmed-Notice rec'd from CSC

07/03/06 Recd date on I-130 NOA1

07/20/06 Notice Date on NOA1

E-mail rec'd 09-29-06 I 130 APPROVED

10/17/06 NVC rec'd , awaiting case #

10/19/06 NVC gives case #

10/30/06 NVC sent DS-3032 & I-864 bill.

10/31/06 DS-3032 sent using J's s/c

10/31/06 Wife e-mails NVC agent

11/01/06 I rec'd DS-3032 & AOS Fee Bill

11/07/06 NVC acccepts e-mailed agent

11/09/06 AOS Fee Bill O/N to NVC

11/13/06 NVC gnrts IV Bill

11/14/06 NVC rec'd AOS Fee Bill

11/21/06 I got IV Bill

11/22/06 IV Bill sent

11/30/06 IV Fee rec'd by NVC

12/04/06 I rec'd I-864 Pack

12/04/06 DS-230 gnrtd by NVC

12/05/06 I sent I-864

12/07/06 NVC got I-864

12/18/06 Sent DS-230 to NVC

12/20/06 DS-230 rec'd snail mail

12/21/06 E-mail from NVC, Rec'd DS-230

02/06/07 Case Complete at NVC

02/28/07 Left NVC

03/01/07 Rec'd In Manila

04/20/07 Interview..Approved & put on AR... :(

05/24/07 Visa Received

06/04/07 Rose is in the U.S. (POE.MSP)

06/10/07 Green Card Arrives in mail

06/12/07 S.S # received

04/02/07 Biometrics Complete St.Paul Office University Ave.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm proud to be Pinay from Sampaloc Manila although I was born and raised in Alicia Isabela. Tis true that a lot of Filipinos in the United States are educated and some of them holders of two college degrees (like me), but then even a Filipino who has a Ph. D can get a job here picking apples.

My college degrees did not matter at all from where I work right now. Although I am still building up my resume and patiently waiting to be transferred to the Human Resources Department as an HR Officer someday and as soon as I can prove to the big boss that I am staying in the company. They appreciate the fact that you are a good worker and they reward you for it. That was my experience here. Everyone starts from the bottom.

To those of you who are still looking for a job, keep trying and don't stop. Be persistent. We can speak English. We know how to speak the American language. It is to our advantage. Whatever job offer they give you, take it.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm a registered nurse back home, not over here. So for the meantime i am mastering changing adult diapers and wiping poop! :blush: But i'm working on getting a state license.

I am also an RN , and a lawyer back in the Philippines but now working as a Certtified Nursing Assistant in Ocala while waiting for the Florida Board of Nursing to authorize me to take the NCLEX-RN. I chose the CNA course to reintroduce me to the medical field since I stopped working as a nurse in 1998 and "relocated" to the field of law. Anyhow, I am proud of what I am doing. In a way, I feel good when the patients thank me for what I do for them , especially when I see that big smile on their faces.

There are many highly educated Filipinos ( even judges, lawyers, principals ) who come to the USA and work as caregivers for 6 months then go home with a lot of money, this is a fact. We Filipinos are very hardworking and the main drive is our families. Whatever we are doing, we should be proud of it no matter how "low" the postion is, at least we are earning and not depending on somebody else to feed us.

It also took me sometime before getting a job but with persistence , I landed one. The pay is great and although I drive 45minutes each way to and from work I am enjoying my job and I am earning again.

Americans grew up speaking and writing English but a lot of them also commit mistakes with their grammar and spelling so expect a Filipino who grew up speaking another dialect to commit the same mistakes. We know the English language, I guess our main problem is how to express ourselves using it. I know a few who are still struggling with their communication skills but they are trying and learning, that is the most important thing.

I am proud of everyone here. Let us always aim high and be proud of what we do.

Godbless us all.

Even if we are a registered nurse in our country we cannot work as a CNA right away here in the US. We have to either attend classes or just challenge the CNA test, depends on what state you are. Here in Missouri i started as NA then challenged the CNA test after couple of weeks. This was the very first job that i applied after getting my work permit which took me 9 months to have. I was so bored being at home doing nothing so i was so happy when they called me for interview. At first, it was really different from what i am used to when i'm still in PI working as a nurse. My 1st and 2nd day were a nightmare, i almost gave up. But i told myself if others can do it why can't i? And i guess it really helps a lot when almost all the people at work likes you, i was even voted as EMPLOYEE of the MONTH last September. I'm not boasting but i can say that i really deserve such accomplishment, i know i'm doing all the best that i can. I am glad that the administrator noticed my commitment and hard work to everything i do.

I just sent a request to the Missouri Health and Senior Services that i'm going to challenge the CMT (certified medication tech) test, with a good recommendation from our DON of course. It will mean an easier job for me and more money on my paychecks. I'm also planning to send my application for the NCLEX-RN, but right now i can't afford it. I still have to send my kids AOS and it will cost us a fortune to be able to do that.

I agree to what you said, it doesn't matter on what job or position we have here in the US, what is important is we are of help to our love ones. In fact, what i am earning right now is much better that what i earned when i was working as a nurse in PI. Who cares what other people will say about us being a registered nurse and just ended up working as a CNA. I love to take care of people, that what matters most.

GOD BLESS!

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

I don't have strong stomach that's why can't be at the medical field. It's been 3 days ago I started sending out my resumes online hope I'll get the job that I want but I'm looking for junior position or entry level in Human Resources to start with here in US. Even if I had 7 years of experienced in Philippines. Right now I am reading US employees benefits, ADP HRB system, COBRA, FLSA, FMLA , OSHA, ADA and everything that company needs to be a Human Resource. Thank God this information are all available on the internet so by the time they will call me for interview I have an idea what is it. I would be willing to start from scratch here then aiming to top position better than sitting at home doing nothing , matay-an unya akong utok lisod na...lol...

BSC- Accounting major (ADDU)

13 yrs. OFW- University of Hard Knocks

BSN-RN, Phil. ( ADDU)

Currently, private nurse + glorified all-around maid in the house :whistle: while reviewing for the NCLEX-RN..

"Health, happiness and success depend upon the fighting spirit of each person. The big thing is not what happens to us in life - but what we do about what happens to us." George Allen

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have to acknowledge my wife for her hard work and dedication..

My Filipina wife worked so hard to earn a BS degree in Chemistry, passed her board exams there (she's in the top 5%) and will be pursuing her PhD in UC Berkeley, and the company will shoulder the expenses. She's working as a scientist now. It's her first job.

Timeline

alc - is that you posting this thread or your wife? Either way - a good thread, IMO...especially in light of all the criticism that's been aimed at Filipinas for coming across as country bumpkins.

My wife, Jinky, has a doctorate in dentistry back in the Philippines. I believe she graduated from Southern University, Cebu in 2001. She's currently preparing to take the national dental board exams here in the states, but is finding it hard to study with our baby. :)

Timeline
alc - is that you posting this thread or your wife? Either way - a good thread, IMO...especially in light of all the criticism that's been aimed at Filipinas for coming across as country bumpkins.

My wife, Jinky, has a doctorate in dentistry back in the Philippines. I believe she graduated from Southern University, Cebu in 2001. She's currently preparing to take the national dental board exams here in the states, but is finding it hard to study with our baby. :)

The pinay wife posted it..Thanks. I wanted to show here that Filipinas can't be underestimated when it comes to their education and achievements. The members who posted their comments/replies are the living testimonies in their own life stories and experiences. Go Pinay Go!!!!

Edited by alienlovechild

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline

The pinay wife posted it..Thanks. I wanted to show here that Filipinas can't be underestimated when it comes to their education and achievements. The members who posted their comments/replies are the living testimonies in their own life stories and experiences. Go Pinay Go!!!!

Nice to meet the other half! :D:thumbs: Thanks for starting this thread. :yes:

Timeline

Nice to meet the other half! :D:thumbs: Thanks for starting this thread. :yes:

Same here..nice to meet you. I know you always hang out with my hubby and other guys here in many threads here exchanging ideas... Again, thanks and you're welcome. :yes::star:

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

BS in Secondary Education major in English. My grammar is not perfect too :blush:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Timeline

A graduate of BEED and ends up as a mobile teacher in the Philippines- (dealing with elementary and high school drop outs and adult illiterates) I missed it!

I was just hired today as line attendant in a buffet restaurant. Yay!!!

Vida Taylor

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
I have to acknowledge my wife for her hard work and dedication..

My Filipina wife worked so hard to earn a BS degree in Chemistry, passed her board exams there (she's in the top 5%) and will be pursuing her PhD in UC Berkeley, and the company will shoulder the expenses. She's working as a scientist now. It's her first job.

This inspire me, i want to be also a chemist or an engineer in the land of milk and honey..tHank you, this is something i look for and salute to other pinay.God bless you all

October 26, 2009 >AOS package sent thru USPS priority mail (day1)

October 29, 2009 >Item delivered Chicago IL, 60680 (Recieved Date) (day4)

November 3, 2009 >Notice date for I-485, I-131, I-765 (NOA's) (day9)

November 6, 2009 >Recieved in the Mail (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Touched (day12)

November 6, 2009 >Notice date for biometrics letter (day12)

November 26, 2009 >Biometrics letter recieved (Appointment date: Nov.27) (day32)

November 27, 2009 >Biometrics Appointment Done (day33)

November 27, 2009 >Touched :D(day33)

December 16, 2009 >Touched EAD "Card Production Ordered" (day53)

December 16, 2009 >Touched AP (day53)

December 17, 2009 >Touched EAD (day54)

December 17, 2009 >Touched AP (day54)

December 18, 2009 >Touched AP (day55)

December 21, 2009 >Recieved Advanced parole in the mail (day58)

December 21, 2009 >Touched EAD"Card production ordered" (day58)

February 04, 2010 > Interview @ 12:30 pm,done and approved (day103)

February 11, 2010 > Welcome Letter Aarrived

February 16, 2010 > GC Recieved

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.