windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Coco, To play it safe, most of us made copies of everythting we submitted. I personally have 3 copies of everything we submitted... 1 for my fiancee, 1 for me and a back up. Most of the items for the interview can be copies and donot have to be originals. Looking at past interviews, the interviewers do not take a lot of evidence, just enough to satisfy there requirements. Good luck, Ken & Maria

Hi there!

You guys are all pretty much very ready :) Thank you for sharing your preparation of your documents and good luck for the interview!

I need the expertise from you all regarding making photo copies of documents as follows...

Me and my fiancee have tons of letters, greeting cards, mail receipts (USPS, Fedex, LBC), phone bills (cellular bills including text messaging and call logs from phone card I am using)...I am talking about correspondence from both of us since 2003 up to the present. I need to know how may of these documents I need to make photo copies? My fiancee of course will bring all originals to the interview. Do we need to make copies of each piece of documents from 2003 up to the present or we only have to select a few for the Consular's copy.

I need your advise...thank you!

Coco Puff

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

RUTHIEZ,

I printed mine online,But I got two girlfriends who used the form sent by the embassy and got approved, I confirmed with them just now. They had their interview last week.

For Non-immigrant applicants like tourists,they are required to submit the EVAF,since we are under Non-immigrant category,we are required to fill-out same form, did you notice that some of the questions there are not applicable for K1 applicants?

Packet didn't say that EVAf is required.

November 13,2006- Called NVC and gave me our case number

November 14,2006- NVC forwarded case to Manila Embassy

November 22,2006- US Embassy Manila recieved my case, and said wait till 1-6 months for the interview date

Feb 2007-interview approved

March 1'07- Visa delivered

April 3'07-Las Vegas, Nevada

April 15'07- Orlando, Florida

April 20- Wedding

April 23'07- France

June 5'07- Back to Florida and file for AOS

This is the same line for all Visa applicants and the gard will not let you in until about an hour prior to your appointment time. No need to show up at 2 am. We had 0700 appointment times for the Tourist Visas and got there at 0600. Just go ahead of the line if it is geting close to your time and tell the gard, he will let you in. Our interview is on the 15th and we plan on being there around 6 am. We are staying at the Exec Plaza if anyone wants to catch a ride with us. Just PM me ofr our cell numbes, Ken

aloha for your response. she told me that someone told her there will be a long line early in the morning of the interview. many of the fiancees have the same appointment time. did not know that. some start to line up as early as 2 am. wonder if this is true. i suppose interview numbers are giving once the embassy is opened starting with the first person in line.

Timeline:

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

Timeline
Coco, To play it safe, most of us made copies of everythting we submitted. I personally have 3 copies of everything we submitted... 1 for my fiancee, 1 for me and a back up. Most of the items for the interview can be copies and donot have to be originals. Looking at past interviews, the interviewers do not take a lot of evidence, just enough to satisfy there requirements. Good luck, Ken & Maria
Hi there!

You guys are all pretty much very ready :) Thank you for sharing your preparation of your documents and good luck for the interview!

I need the expertise from you all regarding making photo copies of documents as follows...

Me and my fiancee have tons of letters, greeting cards, mail receipts (USPS, Fedex, LBC), phone bills (cellular bills including text messaging and call logs from phone card I am using)...I am talking about correspondence from both of us since 2003 up to the present. I need to know how may of these documents I need to make photo copies? My fiancee of course will bring all originals to the interview. Do we need to make copies of each piece of documents from 2003 up to the present or we only have to select a few for the Consular's copy.

I need your advise...thank you!

Coco Puff

Thank you Ken_Maria :thumbs: We are doing the same thing 3 copies for all documents but in your own opinion because there is a lot to make copies...from 2003-2007 correspondence...Do we have to copy all even the 2003 letters/greeting cards and phone bills OR we just have to make copies of the last 12 months OR randomly pick 5-10 each year of correspondence? :unsure: My fiancee will bring all originals including the mails/correspondence she sent me here but I just want to know which of these we will make copies. I am trying not to waste a lot of paper for the photocopies because I know I don't need to copy all of it. I just want to make copies sufficient enough for the Consulate's review and surely they will ask for the originals anyway of which my fiancee is going to bring it. Sheriff told me to make copies a few before the petition and after up to the present. How about the old ones? Do I really have to make copies of all? :help::help::help:

Coco Puff :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Our LOVE Time Line

07-01-2003 - Introduced by relative & started communicating

11-16-2003 - Met for the first time in Bacolod City, Philippines

10-22-2004 - Together for the second time in Bacolod City, Philippines

11-03-2004 - Travelled to Cebu City, Philippines

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

10-01-2006 - Sent I-129F Petition for Fiancee

10-03-2006 - USCIS received Petition I-129F

10-05-2006 - Notice of Action 1

11-05-2006 - Waiting, waiting, waiting...

12-29-2006 - Notice of Action 2

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-12-2007 - National Visa Center forwarded petition to U.S. Embassy Manila

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

01-22-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila sent information packet to my fiancee

01-30-2007 - Received information packet via PhilPost

03-03-2007 - Packet 4 received via DHL

04-10-2007 - Day 1 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-11-2007 - Day 2 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-18-2007 - CFO Seminar at SMEF-COW Manila

04-18-2007 - St. Lukes Medical Appointment --- scheduled --- done 04/10-04/11

04-25-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila Interview --- scheduled --- APPROVED!!!

05-04-2007 - Visa delivered by Delbros

Timeline
This is the same line for all Visa applicants and the gard will not let you in until about an hour prior to your appointment time. No need to show up at 2 am. We had 0700 appointment times for the Tourist Visas and got there at 0600. Just go ahead of the line if it is geting close to your time and tell the gard, he will let you in. Our interview is on the 15th and we plan on being there around 6 am. We are staying at the Exec Plaza if anyone wants to catch a ride with us. Just PM me ofr our cell numbes, Ken
aloha for your response. she told me that someone told her there will be a long line early in the morning of the interview. many of the fiancees have the same appointment time. did not know that. some start to line up as early as 2 am. wonder if this is true. i suppose interview numbers are giving once the embassy is opened starting with the first person in line.

Ken_Maria, GOOD LUCK for the interview! And to all as well! You all do fantastic :dance:

Coco Puff

Our LOVE Time Line

07-01-2003 - Introduced by relative & started communicating

11-16-2003 - Met for the first time in Bacolod City, Philippines

10-22-2004 - Together for the second time in Bacolod City, Philippines

11-03-2004 - Travelled to Cebu City, Philippines

11-05-2004 - Proposed marriage at 30,000 feet aboard Air Philippines flight to Bacolod

10-01-2006 - Sent I-129F Petition for Fiancee

10-03-2006 - USCIS received Petition I-129F

10-05-2006 - Notice of Action 1

11-05-2006 - Waiting, waiting, waiting...

12-29-2006 - Notice of Action 2

12-31-2006 - Received E-mail of Approval Notice - A Very Good New Year News for Us!!!

01-12-2007 - National Visa Center forwarded petition to U.S. Embassy Manila

01-16-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila received petition from National Visa Center via DHL

01-22-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila sent information packet to my fiancee

01-30-2007 - Received information packet via PhilPost

03-03-2007 - Packet 4 received via DHL

04-10-2007 - Day 1 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-11-2007 - Day 2 - Actual Medical Appointment at St. Luke's

04-18-2007 - CFO Seminar at SMEF-COW Manila

04-18-2007 - St. Lukes Medical Appointment --- scheduled --- done 04/10-04/11

04-25-2007 - U.S. Embassy Manila Interview --- scheduled --- APPROVED!!!

05-04-2007 - Visa delivered by Delbros

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi all! just need help asap about getting an SSN "before" getting married... if i applied for an SSN, what should i typically bring??? (what kind of docs/proofs)... in their application form, page 2, stated:

if you check "legal alien not allowed to work" you must provide from a US Federal, State, or local govt agency that explains why you need a SSN...

im not really sure with that statement...just confused here... and how long should i wait after applying for one...

thanks all!!!

We took:

1. SSN Application

2. Passport/Visa

That's all...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: The SSA requires two forms of ID from the beneficiary. So show them your passport and visa pages. By law, those are two different IDs and that is what we did. In order to play the game, you must either know the rules or get the handbook. Yeah Baby Yeah!!!

I already checked into what we have to do. If she puts her PI address down on the license we can get married without a SSN. Just show her passport and visa. If we put my address down then she would need a SSN.

Gary, really? If that is the case, and we can get married before getting her a SSN, we may do that as well. Although I see no reason to delay getting her a SS card ASAP as well. :thumbs:

You will not need a SSN in order to get married. The married license nor the married certificate require a SSN. However, I recommend applying for the SSN anytime after 10 days after the beneficiary arrives in the US.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

I remember reading here on VJ somewhere that it was recommend that the foreign fiancee apply for SSN before getting married because it is easier to change your name with Social Security after you've initially applied with maiden name vs. applying for it with your married name. Does anybody have any experience with this directly?

Timeline
philip will be travelling to NY on K1 visa with me in April, someone told me he needs to have a round trip ticket???"(even though he doesnt have plans to travel till he gets his advance parole...) is this true????

No...that is just some unfounded rumor that seems to pop up on VJ from time to time! However's spreading that rumor ought to be slapped by the Sheriff! :P

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Coco, They are only looking for proof of relationship within the last 2 years... anything after that is over kill in my opinion. We only went back to Nov 2005 and I have been there 7 times since Nov 2005, tomorrow will be my 8th trip... I think we have enough. If you are trying to save trees (paper) and/or money, just go back 2 years from the interview date. Ken

Thank you Ken_Maria :thumbs: We are doing the same thing 3 copies for all documents but in your own opinion because there is a lot to make copies...from 2003-2007 correspondence...Do we have to copy all even the 2003 letters/greeting cards and phone bills OR we just have to make copies of the last 12 months OR randomly pick 5-10 each year of correspondence? :unsure: My fiancee will bring all originals including the mails/correspondence she sent me here but I just want to know which of these we will make copies. I am trying not to waste a lot of paper for the photocopies because I know I don't need to copy all of it. I just want to make copies sufficient enough for the Consulate's review and surely they will ask for the originals anyway of which my fiancee is going to bring it. Sheriff told me to make copies a few before the petition and after up to the present. How about the old ones? Do I really have to make copies of all? :help::help::help:

Coco Puff :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Timeline:

Steve, This was just discussed a couple of days ago. Do a search... I'm off to an appointment and leave tomorrow or I would do it. It has something to do with the I-194 expiration... If I remember right, it is suggested that you get the SSAN b4 the I-194 expires because if you do not, you will have to wait for AOS approval. I am applying b4 the I-194 expires and rt after we get married, because we need the SSAN for the Military also. Ken

hi all! just need help asap about getting an SSN "before" getting married... if i applied for an SSN, what should i typically bring??? (what kind of docs/proofs)... in their application form, page 2, stated:

if you check "legal alien not allowed to work" you must provide from a US Federal, State, or local govt agency that explains why you need a SSN...

im not really sure with that statement...just confused here... and how long should i wait after applying for one...

thanks all!!!

We took:

1. SSN Application

2. Passport/Visa

That's all...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

NOTE: The SSA requires two forms of ID from the beneficiary. So show them your passport and visa pages. By law, those are two different IDs and that is what we did. In order to play the game, you must either know the rules or get the handbook. Yeah Baby Yeah!!!

I already checked into what we have to do. If she puts her PI address down on the license we can get married without a SSN. Just show her passport and visa. If we put my address down then she would need a SSN.

Gary, really? If that is the case, and we can get married before getting her a SSN, we may do that as well. Although I see no reason to delay getting her a SS card ASAP as well. :thumbs:

You will not need a SSN in order to get married. The married license nor the married certificate require a SSN. However, I recommend applying for the SSN anytime after 10 days after the beneficiary arrives in the US.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!!!

Sheriff Uling

I remember reading here on VJ somewhere that it was recommend that the foreign fiancee apply for SSN before getting married because it is easier to change your name with Social Security after you've initially applied with maiden name vs. applying for it with your married name. Does anybody have any experience with this directly?

Timeline:

It's now 4:28am Manila time. Feb 13th. first up this week Ken & Maria and garya505. best of luck with the interview. :thumbs:

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

My wife just called and she's headed to the embassy now. Good luck everyone!

Gary

It's now 4:28am Manila time. Feb 13th. first up this week Ken & Maria and garya505. best of luck with the interview. :thumbs:

Timeline
My wife just called and she's headed to the embassy now. Good luck everyone!

Gary

My blessing and prayers goes with your wife....good luck!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Timeline

Busy week for VJ's this week. I count 15 listed. Here's praying for 15 OK's. :thumbs: Good luck to you all. Richard & Maria, garya505 and Amerikano we are wishing you the very best today. :thumbs: Mira is at day 2 of her med 9am. ok so far. Its our day next week and Im leaving Friday for Manila. :dance::dance::dancing: It's hard to believe that after all these months we are almost there. :dance: Thanks God.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline
Busy week for VJ's this week. I count 15 listed. Here's praying for 15 OK's. :thumbs: Good luck to you all. Richard & Maria, garya505 and Amerikano we are wishing you the very best today. :thumbs: Mira is at day 2 of her med 9am. ok so far. Its our day next week and Im leaving Friday for Manila. :dance::dance::dancing: It's hard to believe that after all these months we are almost there. :dance: Thanks God.

I second that! Best wishes to all interviews this week! May we all have good news afterwards! :star:

to everyone who has interviews this week- i wish you a short and successful interview! prayers and good luck! i know all of you will do great! :dance:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.