windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi. I think today is my lucky day. I was able to get a ticket for tonight! (via continental airlines) We are going to the airport soon.

Best Wishes and have a safe journey! :star:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Rosemarie has a fever, so she will not be leaving on Sunday for Florida. I contacted NWA to change her flight departure date to Tuesday 02/06. They jacked the price up from $719 to $1838! No way did I buy that ticket! They also charged me $100 cancellation fee!

I was looking on Continental Airlines. They have Manila to Honolulu, to Houston, to Jacksonville flight. The price is about $700. My question is this: In her interview they asked her POE. She answered Detroit. If she lands in Honolulu, I am assuming that is her new POE? Also, is the airport in Honolulu easy to navigate? Rosemarie has never been any further from Cagayan De Oro than Hong Kong in her life.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

hey glenn, doesnt the CO flight change planes in guam first? to my knowledge CO doesn't go direct to hnl from mnl. i've flown the CO route to mnl before, the guam airport, from what i remember was fairly easy to navigate, get off the plane and there was only 1 way to go which took you straight to immigration/customs. so her POE will be guam. hnl airport i don't remember too much about, but i'm sure there will be many other filipina on her flight that can give her some direction, but no need to go thru any kind of customs or anything, just get off the plane and find ur next gate. and if she is going CO all the way then her departing gate should be fairly close to her arriving gate. good luck! congrats! ur almost there!

You are correct, it does stop in Guam. I also see that the flight is only 1.5 hours from departing again. That is not enough time I don't think for her. I am waiting for someone from NWA to contact me now. I feel that I have a legitimate greivance with them. The first ticket was $719, then $1830 two days later. If it was round trip, it would be only $1100? It also ticked me off that I they wouldn't let me upgrade her flight with world perk earned miles. I have over 250,000 miles accumalated with them. They say the flight must originate from a US city? Anyways, business is slow today so I will just argue with them to pass the time. lol......Thanks for the information

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Rosemarie has a fever, so she will not be leaving on Sunday for Florida. I contacted NWA to change her flight departure date to Tuesday 02/06. They jacked the price up from $719 to $1838! No way did I buy that ticket! They also charged me $100 cancellation fee!

I was looking on Continental Airlines. They have Manila to Honolulu, to Houston, to Jacksonville flight. The price is about $700. My question is this: In her interview they asked her POE. She answered Detroit. If she lands in Honolulu, I am assuming that is her new POE? Also, is the airport in Honolulu easy to navigate? Rosemarie has never been any further from Cagayan De Oro than Hong Kong in her life.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

hey glenn, doesnt the CO flight change planes in guam first? to my knowledge CO doesn't go direct to hnl from mnl. i've flown the CO route to mnl before, the guam airport, from what i remember was fairly easy to navigate, get off the plane and there was only 1 way to go which took you straight to immigration/customs. so her POE will be guam. hnl airport i don't remember too much about, but i'm sure there will be many other filipina on her flight that can give her some direction, but no need to go thru any kind of customs or anything, just get off the plane and find ur next gate. and if she is going CO all the way then her departing gate should be fairly close to her arriving gate. good luck! congrats! ur almost there!

You are correct, it does stop in Guam. I also see that the flight is only 1.5 hours from departing again. That is not enough time I don't think for her. I am waiting for someone from NWA to contact me now. I feel that I have a legitimate greivance with them. The first ticket was $719, then $1830 two days later. If it was round trip, it would be only $1100? It also ticked me off that I they wouldn't let me upgrade her flight with world perk earned miles. I have over 250,000 miles accumalated with them. They say the flight must originate from a US city? Anyways, business is slow today so I will just argue with them to pass the time. lol......Thanks for the information

I think Guam is a really small airport and I think CO knows they have connections there, so I wouldn't worry about a 1.5 hour connect there, especially on the same airline. They know a lot of people on that flight have to clear immigration and customs (unless it's deferred to HNL). And the aircraft from MNL to GUM is a 737 so not a huge crowd.

We'll be on the MNL-GUM-HNL-LAX flight in about 3 weeks.

Booked our travel arrangements today (shame on me for leaping forward on a whim) and landed a reasonably good deal (I believe, I'm not squabbling that much over price due to my extreme level of excitement now) on that super direct NWA direct Detriot - Manila flight. I did $1125 round trip today for my Mar 24 depart and April 5 return and also $890 one-way for Milah Jean. I had found a Dayton-Manila round trip today for $924, but the one-way fare for her to return with me was over $1600!!!. So, I'm not suprised by the extreme price of the new ticket, Glenn. I'm content. I just hope that we have no glitches that would force a reschedule.

A question for the natives - are there any national holidays during the weeks of Mar 26 and April 2 that we should be aware of where PRISM, CFO and SMEF-COW in Manila would be closed? We are hoping that her visa is delivered in time for my arrival and we plan to do both CFO sessions then. I know this is getting close to Easter and Holy Week.

Thanks all for the info!!!

Michael and Milah Jean

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Timeline
Windchaser, thanks for starting the list again. I hope all is not lost. I'm busy preparing for my medical exam which is scheduled tomorrow, Monday. Iwill not be able to get hold of a computer til Tuesday.

Friends, just list down all of your info ~ NOA2, Embassy receipt date, packet receipt date, interview date, Manila case number, your home state, fiance's hometown. I'll try to get the list back up again on Tuesday.

KTMguy, the proof of payment will be recorded on the DS 156 or DS 157 form (I'm not sure now which form). When your fiancee is ready to make the payment, make sure she brings the two forms to the bank with her.

I was curious as to why they denied your visa and you had to filea new partition??? archie

looks like you're good. check out http://www.filipinasoul.com/non-working-holidays-2007/

A question for the natives - are there any national holidays during the weeks of Mar 26 and April 2 that we should be aware of where PRISM, CFO and SMEF-COW in Manila would be closed? We are hoping that her visa is delivered in time for my arrival and we plan to do both CFO sessions then. I know this is getting close to Easter and Holy Week.

Michael and Milah Jean

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

BOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! :cry:

I can't check if our interview was scheduled cuz its Sat. in PI!!!!! Man just my luck!

Well I'm really excited for my fellow Cr-1 friends! Way to go :dance: and thanks for posting so quickly so I can sit here and stressssss! :help::pop::bonk:

Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Timeline
Does anyone have experience in hiring an American attorney in Manila to go to the interview with the beneficiary? Or what can be done to avoid AR for such a trivial and well documented item? After what we have been through to get an interview, I am at overload to find out AR is eminent.

Exactly what do you expect an attorney to do to prevent a document check? Don't think there would be anything more they could do then what you can yourself. If all documents and evidence are provided, and STILL they want to check/validate for themselves, still same result with attorney. I know with a "late registered" BC like my girl's they often require second ID to confirm the validity of the BC (i.e. baptismal certificate) maybe such secondary identification would help your cause.

My Fiancee had secondary docs to prove her name....from elementary school to current....still did not matter.

Yes...she was told by the consul and also given a white piece of paper telling her to wait until they call her.

Plus the embassy told me that NOW they will do review on any BC that has changes or corrections

Yes, I see now that you are right. An attorney would do me no good. I am just overwhelmed at the thought AR is eminent after such a long battle already.

I just need to lay down and cry like an old woman. I am really crushed and heartbroken to know that in spite of the completely thorough job of putting together paperwork, AR and another undetermined delay is coming. And it appears there is nothing I can do about it. After IMBRA, IMBRA RFE, filing a successful waiver and waiting so long, this is just too much to bare. But what choice do I have? NONE. :unsure:

If anyone else in this thread has input, please let me know.

Timeline
Does anyone have experience in hiring an American attorney in Manila to go to the interview with the beneficiary? Or what can be done to avoid AR for such a trivial and well documented item? After what we have been through to get an interview, I am at overload to find out AR is eminent.

Exactly what do you expect an attorney to do to prevent a document check? Don't think there would be anything more they could do then what you can yourself. If all documents and evidence are provided, and STILL they want to check/validate for themselves, still same result with attorney. I know with a "late registered" BC like my girl's they often require second ID to confirm the validity of the BC (i.e. baptismal certificate) maybe such secondary identification would help your cause.

My Fiancee had secondary docs to prove her name....from elementary school to current....still did not matter.

Yes...she was told by the consul and also given a white piece of paper telling her to wait until they call her.

Plus the embassy told me that NOW they will do review on any BC that has changes or corrections

Yes, I see now that you are right. An attorney would do me no good. I am just overwhelmed at the thought AR is eminent after such a long battle already.

I just need to lay down and cry like an old woman. I am really crushed and heartbroken to know that in spite of the completely thorough job of putting together paperwork, AR and another undetermined delay is coming. And it appears there is nothing I can do about it. After IMBRA, IMBRA RFE, filing a successful waiver and waiting so long, this is just too much to bare. But what choice do I have? NONE. :unsure:

If anyone else in this thread has input, please let me know.

Hi Rob, I was reading your ordeal here,,, just to let you know im going thru the same thing here, Im loosing my hair fast, besides the 11 pounds in one month, and all the sleepless nights.

BOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! :cry:

I can't check if our interview was scheduled cuz its Sat. in PI!!!!! Man just my luck!

Well I'm really excited for my fellow Cr-1 friends! Way to go :dance: and thanks for posting so quickly so I can sit here and stressssss! :help::pop::bonk:

Mike

mike, call the nvc in new hampshire, thats how we found! no need to wait for embassy in manila, nvc has the info. hurry, i think they still have live operators now, u have to speak to an operator, automated system won't be updated yet.

then maybe you n ur wife will be on cloud 9 with us also! good luck!

115826537339028.gif

CSC

2006-06-22 I-130 sent to TSC

2006-07-24 received NOA1 from CSC.

2006-09-06 I-130 petition approved!

NVC

2006-09-25 NVC case # assigned

2006-10-02 DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill generated

2006-10-03 Sent AOS fee overnight. emailed agent of choice.

2006-10-04 AOS payment delivered

2006-10-05 Received email confirmation of agent of choice

2006-10-06 NVC posts AOS fee payment

2006-10-09 IV Fee Bill generated

2006-10-12 Affidavit of Support package sent overnight USPS

2006-10-21 IV Fee Bill received

2006-10-23 IV Fee Bill mailed overnight

2006-10-23 Affidavit of Support reviewed

2006-10-24 IV fee delivered

2006-10-30 IV Fee payment posted

2006-10-31 ds-230 generated

2006-11-01 ds-230 mailed to nvc via usps express mail

2006-11-03 nvc received ds-230

2006-11-06 nvc enters ds-230 package into the system

2006-11-08 ds-230 package recieved via snail mail

2006-11-16 nvc case complete

USE Manila

2007-02-05 Packet 4 recvd

2007-03-01/02 medical. complete!

2007-03-14 interview! APPROVED!!

2007-03-20 Visa received!

2007-03-28 Arrival USA, POE Guam

Easter is 8 April and Holy Week is the week prior. I would not wait until the last week of Mar to get the CFO done just in case.

Booked our travel arrangements today (shame on me for leaping forward on a whim) and landed a reasonably good deal (I believe, I'm not squabbling that much over price due to my extreme level of excitement now) on that super direct NWA direct Detriot - Manila flight. I did $1125 round trip today for my Mar 24 depart and April 5 return and also $890 one-way for Milah Jean. I had found a Dayton-Manila round trip today for $924, but the one-way fare for her to return with me was over $1600!!!. So, I'm not suprised by the extreme price of the new ticket, Glenn. I'm content. I just hope that we have no glitches that would force a reschedule.

Michael and Milah Jean

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

God bless all of you who have March dates! Congratulations and good luck...we all know how much this means after the long wait. There really is a light at the end...

Gary

INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Called NVC just now...CR-1 interview for Milah Jean is March 15 at 6:30 am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready CR-1s with case completed in November!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO! we got our interview date too. March 2 at 8:30 am with October NVC completed date. PW UPDATE US, PLEASE - been waiting to say that. time to PM the fellow members to check with NVC

oopsie, i meant November NVC completed date - got too excited :dance: thanks to all that helped. and thank you God!

soulm8z0928,

Thanks alot for the support! I appreciate it!

Yes, after I posted I decided to do just that. I got a live operator.... but she said we weren't scheduled yet.

My hope is that since April is holy month in PI, that they might squeeze us into March. Anyway, I have been figuring on April since the beginning... so no biggie.

And to think if I hadn't gotten the 10 delay for not including my bank info, I would have been with the rest of you timeline-wise.

Oh well, I get to at least watch you guys move along so its not so bad! I'm glad to FINALLY see some movement after Jazzy....:-)

And hey....I'm at the top of our list now, hehehe! King of the mountain! hahaha! ok, only a list of """2""" but hey....:-)

Take care and congrats!

Mike

Edited by dims1

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, my ####### is here in Hawaii now but JESUS CHRIST! I AM FREEZING! I thought it's not cold here. Anyway I arrived here at 6:30 with stopover in Guam. POE is guam and they took my packet from there. I met few girls who is going to Houston and thier packet was there too in Guam. I believe it's US teritory and it's our POE. That was it! I hand out our packet, passport and boarding pass. Did finger scanning with picture taking lol. The CO told me that I have 90 days to marry and adjust the status. Got the stamp and heard the word WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES! That was quick totally. I saw few girls carrying thier bones lol ( i mean the x-ray film) hahahaha and I asked them if why are they carrying thier bones.... Was joking around hahahaha. It wasn't needed so better keep the x-ray films in your luggage if you want.

Zane

Edited by RiggerAF

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Hi everyone,

Well I'm glad to see my fellow cr-1's getting some good news!!! Have any of you, Soul, Michael, W1n, got your packet yet from the NVC? Or just an interview date from operator? Just curious...my god took them long enough, i was sure you guys would have heard last week.

Dims, saying a prayer for you to get a march date also....crossing those fingers!!!

So you know guys...with the cr-1 they don't set a st. lukes appointment...just have this done at least a week ahead. You will have to send your benificiary the appointment letter you get from the NVC. St. lukes will make a copy..of course bring passport and photos. Jasmin had no problems with that...her medical is now done and we are waiting till thursday for interview....we are kinda expectin AR do to her daughters late registration BC...so we are prepared...who knows maybe we'll get a nice surprise.

PW, thanks so much for meeting with Jasmin and having dinner....she said gracey really liked you...i'm thankful you made time to give them a little company....your the best...)

Jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.