windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I just had my interview this morning, finished at around 2PM……..

And I assumed that I am APPROVED!!!!!, I saw the consul put a Green & White Sticker on my papers. :dance:

Thank you so much guys!!!!Goodluck to everyone

So Green & White Sticker is the approval sigh guys?

Did they ask you also too pay for delivery of the visa that is a hint also? Congrats then!!!

Ours is so close now!!! :unsure:

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeramie, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Being an illegitimate child, you have sole parental authority over your son. The fact that your son is below 7 years old makes for a stronger case. The father's acknowledgment has no effect over that authority. Acknowledgment is only important and will serve its purpose pag dating ng “mana” (inheritance).

Our Family Code is very clear that the mother has parental authority if child is illegitimate. Even our DSWD, the government agency tasked to protect minor children, exempt illegitimate children from travel clearance if travelling with their mother.

Here are the pertinent laws/regulations:

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Chapter 3. Illegitimate Children

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child. Except for this modification, all other provisions in the Civil Code governing successional rights shall remain in force. (287a)

Dept. of Social Welfare & Development FAQs http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

CAN A TRAVEL CLEARANCE BE ISSUED TO ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL APPLYING FOR THEIR VISA IN THE EMBASSY?

Illegitimate children are under the custody of the mother. If they will be traveling with the mother, they are not required to secure a travel clearance from the DSWD. If they are traveling with person other than the mother, they must secure a travel clearance.

I hope that this will put your mind at ease. You may want to PM Rebelheart. I think she has the same case as yours.

Maybe others who have the same case can speak up to ease the worry of jeramie and larry. I should not worry if I were you. The embassy knows our law and will abide by it. O ayan, sana magbati na ulit kayo :yes:

thank u so much for the informations..now, i can sleep better and i can help build up once again larry's hope for the interview..

i already went to the DSWD davao,. and they told me that everything will be fine coz i was never married, so the father has no "say-so" to the child.

thanks and Godbless..

jeramie

Jeramie,

DID you go too dswd too ask them? Eldalin say the is no need too get the consent of the father, unless we hear other wise. We will just trust what they said. If I was you i would go ask them too be sure. :blush:

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

All minors other than those cited above, for example:

A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;

A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

thank u for the reply.

goodluck with the upcoming interview.

Godbless!

No worries Jeramie, I am sorry I was so busy last night also.

We are in the last days for sure hehehe.

Thanks also for PW following up on this also, you are the best!!!

As a K-2 we all worry a lot! We have a lot too loose if the child is put on AR.

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Filed: Timeline
Jeramie, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Being an illegitimate child, you have sole parental authority over your son. The fact that your son is below 7 years old makes for a stronger case. The father's acknowledgment has no effect over that authority. Acknowledgment is only important and will serve its purpose pag dating ng “mana” (inheritance).

Our Family Code is very clear that the mother has parental authority if child is illegitimate. Even our DSWD, the government agency tasked to protect minor children, exempt illegitimate children from travel clearance if travelling with their mother.

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child. Except for this modification, all other provisions in the Civil Code governing successional rights shall remain in force. (287a)

Dept. of Social Welfare & Development FAQs http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

CAN A TRAVEL CLEARANCE BE ISSUED TO ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL APPLYING FOR THEIR VISA IN THE EMBASSY?

Illegitimate children are under the custody of the mother. If they will be traveling with the mother, they are not required to secure a travel clearance from the DSWD. If they are traveling with person other than the mother, they must secure a travel clearance.

I hope that this will put your mind at ease. You may want to PM Rebelheart. I think she has the same case as yours.

Maybe others who have the same case can speak up to ease the worry of jeramie and larry. I should not worry if I were you. The embassy knows our law and will abide by it. O ayan, sana magbati na ulit kayo :yes:

thank u so much for the informations..now, i can sleep better and i can help build up once again larry's hope for the interview..

i already went to the DSWD davao,. and they told me that everything will be fine coz i was never married, so the father has no "say-so" to the child.

thanks and Godbless..

jeramie

Jeramie,

DID you go too dswd too ask them? Eldalin say the is no need too get the consent of the father, unless we hear other wise. We will just trust what they said. If I was you i would go ask them too be sure. :blush:

A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;

A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

thank u for the reply.

Godbless!

FINALLY OFF AR!!!!!!!!!! After 9 weeks we are now out of AR.........thanks to everyone. PW please

update us. Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

x x x

thanks and Godbless..

jeramie

Jeramie,

thank u for the reply.

Godbless!

FINALLY OFF AR!!!!!!!!!! After 9 weeks we are now out of AR.........thanks to everyone. PW please

update us. Thanks

Congratulations! best Wishes to you!

update us. Thanks

Congratulations :dance::dance::dance:

Man i was worried about you guys!!! May I ask why they had you on AR again? You can PM that, I know it was for your K-2.

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Filed: Timeline

update us. Thanks

Congratulations :dance::dance::dance:

Man i was worried about you guys!!! May I ask why they had you on AR again? You can PM that, I know it was for your K-2.

We were on AR for CENOMAR and name checks because her name had many hits.

update us. Thanks

Thank God, Jamrok. You guys must be so thrilled. (and probably a little tired). I pray that your state-side paperwork goes much smoother.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

update us. Thanks

Thank God, Jamrok. You guys must be so thrilled. (and probably a little tired). I pray that your state-side paperwork goes much smoother.

Congratulations to the Newlyweds!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys!

I just had my interview this morning, finished at around 2PM……..

And I assumed that I am APPROVED!!!!!, I saw the consul put a Green & White Sticker on my papers. :dance:

Thank you so much guys!!!!Goodluck to everyone

CONGRATULATIONS, have a happy life.

yahoo! The Delbros website updated and says that the Visa was released by the US Embassy to Delbros at 10:18am. It was sent to the distribution center at 6:15pm for delivery. I just hope and pray that she receives it Thursday. We hope that she gets it Thursday, as she will fly from Cagayan de Oro Friday morning to get the CFO sticker, then to the USA on Saturday. We haven't bought tickets yet, but I can get them in a flash on NWA.com. I haven't seen her since August 30, 2006. Even though I went to the Philippines to see her 4 times last year. Finally the waiting is almost over! I wish to thank all of you that have been so supportive, helpful and considerate. The VJ group (Manila Embassy Interview Group) is a very fine group of people.

Special thanks to:

Gary505

Chairlady PW

President/Sheriff Uling

Roycm

I wish everyone at VJ a very happy and prosperous life together. God bless you all!

CONGRATULATIONS! Have a happy and blessed life

yahoo! The Delbros website updated and says that the Visa was released by the US Embassy to Delbros at 10:18am. It was sent to the distribution center at 6:15pm for delivery. I just hope and pray that she receives it Thursday. We hope that she gets it Thursday, as she will fly from Cagayan de Oro Friday morning to get the CFO sticker, then to the USA on Saturday. We haven't bought tickets yet, but I can get them in a flash on NWA.com. I haven't seen her since August 30, 2006. Even though I went to the Philippines to see her 4 times last year. Finally the waiting is almost over! I wish to thank all of you that have been so supportive, helpful and considerate. The VJ group (Manila Embassy Interview Group) is a very fine group of people.

Special thanks to:

Gary505

Chairlady PW

President/Sheriff Uling

Roycm

I wish everyone at VJ a very happy and prosperous life together. God bless you all!

We wish you the very best as well. Not to boast, but the best people are here in the Manila Embassy Thread. You are all indeed a wonderful group of people. It is my pleasure to be associated with all of you. May your lives be filled with joy, love, prosperity, peace, and grace.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
the DS-156 is the one done online. the third page contains the barcode. print out two sets. bring those to the interview.

Ok, I am totally confused now. Luz will be paying for the interview later today. She has: 2 copies of the DS156, 2 copies of the DS 157 and 2 copies of a DS 156-K from her packet 4.

Keeping in mind she has her 15 YO son that is going with her, what forms need filled out, how many copies, and do both do exactly the same paperwork?

Hi Gary,

We were confused on this also, but called the embassy - Robin will need his own DS-156 and DS-157, but as the instructions in packet 4 state, for K2, they don't need a DS-156K. Also, Luz will be paying for 2 Visas as well. Make sure to look over the DS-156 because the answers will be different for Robin than for Luz.

Special thanks to:

Gary505

Chairlady PW

President/Sheriff Uling

Roycm

that's good news. :thumbs: soon you'll be together with Rosemarie.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

update us. Thanks

that's great news. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats to facechelle for the visa approval. :thumbs:

Edited by roymcn3rd

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
i have some issue with my son's BC. ive never been married but it just happened that my son's dad signed on the birthcertificate, acknowledging that he's the father..

a lot of friends advised me to secure a father's consent...but...i dont have any idea where in the world is he right now..

i tried to talk about this with larry, but i guess i made the wrong move..i shouldnt have told him about it coz he got pissed off and just starting to lose hope...we're now having this lil arguements this past few days., maybe becoz of the incoming interview and the anxiety and being nervous is there..

truthfully, i really dont know what to do,..ive tried to contact all the members in the forum with k2, so atleast they can tell me any insights about it, but still my situation is a lil bit odd coz of the "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-BY-THE-FATHER" thing..

x x x

Thank you, PW, you put my mind at ease as well. Jinky and I are in the same boat - she was never married, but her son's biological father's name is on his BC. She did contact the DSWD and they told her no travel clearance was needed as well as the nuns at her CFO, but I was still a little worried whether they meant that only in the case of travelling abroad, whereas he is actually immigrating to the US with his mother. Big sigh of relief! Thank you, thank you! :star:

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.