windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! We cant find the form I-134. Do u guys know where we can download it from? Is there a new form for affidavit of support or its still I-134? Because we found this on the Dept.of State website - I-864EZ - Affidavit of Support – NEW and no I-134. Is this the new form? Thanks guys!

I checked the uscis.gov website and noticed the same thing. maybe it's being updated. I'd checked again in the next couple of days.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Logical reasoning - the embassy gets 50% commission from the Delbros delivery fee :lol:

Abstract and convoluted reasoning - let them endure some more from waiting, they've waited months and years, so what's a few more days? :devil:

Well, the 50% theory could have some merit. :lol:

Hi everyone! We cant find the form I-134. Do u guys know where we can download it from? Is there a new form for affidavit of support or its still I-134? Because we found this on the Dept.of State website - I-864EZ - Affidavit of Support – NEW and no I-134. Is this the new form? Thanks guys!

I checked the uscis.gov website and noticed the same thing. maybe it's being updated. I'd checked again in the next couple of days.

This is not from the USCIS website but it's the same I-134. It's also fillable.

http://www.visapro.com/Download/INS-Form-I-134.pdf

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

This is not from the USCIS website but it's the same I-134. It's also fillable.

http://www.visapro.com/Download/INS-Form-I-134.pdf

good suggestion. :thumbs: I forgot about that site. since i don't have the neatest handwriting, I used that for my I-134 since it's fillable and the one on uscis website was not.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the link PW.. I have another question guys and i know its been asked before but i couldnt find topic about it. :( so please be patient with me.. In Question 11 of I-134 - What did you guys answer, N/A or checked intend?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help :)

"Missing someone gets easier everyday because even though you are one day further

from the last time you saw them, you are one day closer to the next time you will."

* July 19 '06 - I-129F Sent to TSC

* Aug. 08 '06 - NOA1 Received

* Sept. 19 '06 - NOA2 Approved

* Sept. 24 '06 - NOA2 Received

* Oct. 12 '06 - Left NVC and Sent to USE in Manila

* Oct. 18 '06 - Received the Letter fr. NVC

* Oct. 23 '06 - USE in Manila Received our Case

* Dec. 22 '06 - Packet 4

* Jan. 24 '06 - CFO Seminar

* Jan.25-26 '07- Medical Exam

* Feb. 15 '07 - INTERVIEW (APPROVED!)

* Feb. 22 '07 - Visa Recieved

* March 2 '07 - Fly to San Francisco to meet my Munchkins!!!

* March 7 '07 - Fly together to Memphis (Home)

* March 15 '07 - Wedding Day

AOS Journey

* May 22 '07 - AOS Sent to Chicago

* May 23 '07 - Chicago Received

* May 29 '07 - NOA1 Received

* June 18 '07 - Biometrics

* July 16 '07 - Case Transferred to CSC

Filed: Timeline

hi..

my interview will be on the 6th of february and my son (3 yrs. old) will be with me, and also larry.

ive been trying to organized my documents to the best i can,.

i have some issue with my son's BC. ive never been married but it just happened that my son's dad signed on the birthcertificate, acknowledging that he's the father..

a lot of friends advised me to secure a father's consent...but...i dont have any idea where in the world is he right now..

i tried to talk about this with larry, but i guess i made the wrong move..i shouldnt have told him about it coz he got pissed off and just starting to lose hope...we're now having this lil arguements this past few days., maybe becoz of the incoming interview and the anxiety and being nervous is there..

truthfully, i really dont know what to do,..ive tried to contact all the members in the forum with k2, so atleast they can tell me any insights about it, but still my situation is a lil bit odd coz of the "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-BY-THE-FATHER" thing..

i will greatly appreciate any advice or "what-to-do-next" ideas...

thanks for the time reading my post..godbless.

jeramie

my wife stopped calling NVC since the operator asked her if she had been calling everyday :whistle:

Been spamming the NVC eh? :lol: By the way, are you also “terps76”?

that would be my wife. she calls morning and night. well she used to. we'll try not to expect it so that it will come sooner :wacko: and just keep checking the forum. i'm sure the other CR1 members will PM those w/ similar timelines :pop: besides, we're all on each other's buddy list :D

Edited by w1n78

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

i have some issue with my son's BC. ive never been married but it just happened that my son's dad signed on the birthcertificate, acknowledging that he's the father..

a lot of friends advised me to secure a father's consent...but...i dont have any idea where in the world is he right now..

i tried to talk about this with larry, but i guess i made the wrong move..i shouldnt have told him about it coz he got pissed off and just starting to lose hope...we're now having this lil arguements this past few days., maybe becoz of the incoming interview and the anxiety and being nervous is there..

truthfully, i really dont know what to do,..ive tried to contact all the members in the forum with k2, so atleast they can tell me any insights about it, but still my situation is a lil bit odd coz of the "ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-BY-THE-FATHER" thing..

Jeramie, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Being an illegitimate child, you have sole parental authority over your son. The fact that your son is below 7 years old makes for a stronger case. The father's acknowledgment has no effect over that authority. Acknowledgment is only important and will serve its purpose pag dating ng “mana” (inheritance).

Our Family Code is very clear that the mother has parental authority if child is illegitimate. Even our DSWD, the government agency tasked to protect minor children, exempt illegitimate children from travel clearance if travelling with their mother.

Here are the pertinent laws/regulations:

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Chapter 3. Illegitimate Children

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child. Except for this modification, all other provisions in the Civil Code governing successional rights shall remain in force. (287a)

Dept. of Social Welfare & Development FAQs http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

CAN A TRAVEL CLEARANCE BE ISSUED TO ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL APPLYING FOR THEIR VISA IN THE EMBASSY?

Illegitimate children are under the custody of the mother. If they will be traveling with the mother, they are not required to secure a travel clearance from the DSWD. If they are traveling with person other than the mother, they must secure a travel clearance.

I hope that this will put your mind at ease. You may want to PM Rebelheart. I think she has the same case as yours.

Maybe others who have the same case can speak up to ease the worry of jeramie and larry. I should not worry if I were you. The embassy knows our law and will abide by it. O ayan, sana magbati na ulit kayo :yes:

Here's another one from the DSWD FAQs. Para sa mga binatang ama.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN ABANDONED BY THE MOTHER AND UNDER THE CUSTODY OF THE FATHER OR OTHER RELATIVES WHO WILL BE TRAVELING ALONE OR WITH THE FATHER OR OTHER RELATIVES?

Since the mother has the absolute parental authority over her illegitimate children the father would need to secure a Court Order vesting in him the parental authority over the illegitimate children. If a parental authority has been granted to the father, and the minor will be traveling with the father, he is not required to secure a travel clearance. If the minor will travel alone or with someone other than the father, he/she is required to secure a travel clearance.

Thanks for the link PW.. I have another question guys and i know its been asked before but i couldnt find topic about it. :( so please be patient with me.. In Question 11 of I-134 - What did you guys answer, N/A or checked intend?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the help :)

My fiance checked "do not intend" and wrote "not applicable" in the space immediately after the question.

hi..

my interview will be on the 6th of february and my son (3 yrs. old) will be with me, and also larry.

ive been trying to organized my documents to the best i can,.

i will greatly appreciate any advice or "what-to-do-next" ideas...

thanks for the time reading my post..godbless.

jeramie

Jeramie,

DID you go too dswd too ask them? Eldalin say the is no need too get the consent of the father, unless we hear other wise. We will just trust what they said. If I was you i would go ask them too be sure. :blush:

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

All minors other than those cited above, for example:

A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;

A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else noticed that PW is holding out on the pics. :rolleyes: She'll post on as a personal pic and a avatar every six months. That's movie star status. :star: I'm also betting that PW does not do grant interviews either. :reading: It must be nice to be a mega star. LOL! May I have your autograph? :P

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Filed: Timeline
Jeramie, I don't think there is anything to worry about. Being an illegitimate child, you have sole parental authority over your son. The fact that your son is below 7 years old makes for a stronger case. The father's acknowledgment has no effect over that authority. Acknowledgment is only important and will serve its purpose pag dating ng “mana” (inheritance).

Our Family Code is very clear that the mother has parental authority if child is illegitimate. Even our DSWD, the government agency tasked to protect minor children, exempt illegitimate children from travel clearance if travelling with their mother.

Here are the pertinent laws/regulations:

Family Code of the Philippines http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm

Chapter 3. Illegitimate Children

x x x

Art. 176. Illegitimate children shall use the surname and shall be under the parental authority of their mother, and shall be entitled to support in conformity with this Code. The legitime of each illegitimate child shall consist of one-half of the legitime of a legitimate child. Except for this modification, all other provisions in the Civil Code governing successional rights shall remain in force. (287a)

Dept. of Social Welfare & Development FAQs http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

CAN A TRAVEL CLEARANCE BE ISSUED TO ILLEGITIMATE CHILDREN WHO ARE STILL APPLYING FOR THEIR VISA IN THE EMBASSY?

Illegitimate children are under the custody of the mother. If they will be traveling with the mother, they are not required to secure a travel clearance from the DSWD. If they are traveling with person other than the mother, they must secure a travel clearance.

I hope that this will put your mind at ease. You may want to PM Rebelheart. I think she has the same case as yours.

Maybe others who have the same case can speak up to ease the worry of jeramie and larry. I should not worry if I were you. The embassy knows our law and will abide by it. O ayan, sana magbati na ulit kayo :yes:

thank u so much for the informations..now, i can sleep better and i can help build up once again larry's hope for the interview..

i already went to the DSWD davao,. and they told me that everything will be fine coz i was never married, so the father has no "say-so" to the child.

thanks and Godbless..

jeramie

Jeramie,

DID you go too dswd too ask them? Eldalin say the is no need too get the consent of the father, unless we hear other wise. We will just trust what they said. If I was you i would go ask them too be sure. :blush:

WHO DOES NOT NEED TRAVEL CLEARANCE?

All minors other than those cited above, for example:

A minor traveling to a foreign country with either parent or with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;

A minor traveling abroad whose parents are in the Foreign Service or living abroad or are immigrants, provided he/she is holding a valid pass such as a dependents visa/pass/identification card or permanent resident visa/pass/identification card which serves as proof that he/she is living with parents abroad and their travel does not constitute child trafficking.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqdetails.php?id=47

thank u for the reply.

goodluck with the upcoming interview.

Godbless!

Hi guys!

I just had my interview this morning, finished at around 2PM……..

And I assumed that I am APPROVED!!!!!, I saw the consul put a Green & White Sticker on my papers. :dance:

Thank you so much guys!!!!Goodluck to everyone

Feb 28, 2006 - I-130 Sent to USCIS

March 7, 2006 - NOA1

May 31, 2006 - NOA2

June 8, 2006 - NVC Assign Case Number

June 19, 2006 - NVC Sent DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill

June 30, 2006 - AOS Bill Sent

July 4, 2006 - DS3032 Sent to NVC

July 17, 2006 - IV Bill Recieved

July 21, 2006 - Form I-864 Recieved

July 24, 2006 - IV Bill Sent to NVC

August 28, 2006 - DS230 & I-864 sent to NVC

September 25, 2006 - CASE COMPLETE

January 30, 2007 - INTERVIEW!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yahoo! The Delbros website updated and says that the Visa was released by the US Embassy to Delbros at 10:18am. It was sent to the distribution center at 6:15pm for delivery. I just hope and pray that she receives it Thursday. We hope that she gets it Thursday, as she will fly from Cagayan de Oro Friday morning to get the CFO sticker, then to the USA on Saturday. We haven't bought tickets yet, but I can get them in a flash on NWA.com. I haven't seen her since August 30, 2006. Even though I went to the Philippines to see her 4 times last year. Finally the waiting is almost over! I wish to thank all of you that have been so supportive, helpful and considerate. The VJ group (Manila Embassy Interview Group) is a very fine group of people.

Special thanks to:

Gary505

Chairlady PW

President/Sheriff Uling

Roycm

I wish everyone at VJ a very happy and prosperous life together. God bless you all!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.