windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Reading from the article that roy sent, it would seem that more and more people would choose to go this route as it is faster and simpler. The downside would be that the embassy will start noticing (or maybe has noticed) a trend of more cases of presumptive death and would probably give new cases a second look. Presumptive death involving plane crash, sea mishaps, armed conflict, and kidnapping would probably have easier sailing compared to those whose ex-spouse just disappeared. Just my opinion though.

Just as we feared, the embassy now views presumptive death with suspicion. Here's Kirk's post about it:

It seems the presumptive death route to end marriage has been used for convienance and individuals in contact with their spuses have used it in the Philippines. It seems like the embassy views presumptive death with a presumption of fraud. Jenny was called back for a second interview, where they kept making promises that she could come to the USA is she would just admit that she had contact with her husband. The trouble was is Jenny has had no contact with him in years. He literally disappeared. They said they would contact her in one to two months, so we are hoping. Annulment I believe is out of the question because I believe, if he is alive, that we would have to serve him which is difficult when someone has dropped off the face of the earth.

If you can find your spouse, annullment might work especially if he is not supporting you and/or your child. (Emotional immaturity). When I researched this out as I was trying to find Jenny's husband when I first met her, a Gaum divorce was a possibility. At that time in Guam if 2 individuals agreed, neither have to show up for the divorce. I think that has changed. If you have gone the presumptive death route, what I think helps you is a showing that you and your spouse had a good relationship until he disappeared. Pictures of them and letters are things that should be brought to the embassy.

I hope this helps.

The good news she gave was that everyone who had not been married before seemed to get approved.

Off hand does anyone have the phone number for the embassy, that can be called from the USA. I plan to give the embassy a call later this week.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also posting this from K1 forum to our Manila thread for reference.

Annulment I believe is out of the question because I believe, if he is alive, that we would have to serve him which is difficult when someone has dropped off the face of the earth.

Kirk, anulment is still possible. Summons can be served by publishing in widely circulated newspapers according to the Philippines' Rules of Civil Procedure.

SEC. 19. Proof of service by publication. — If the service has been made by publication, service may be proved by the affidavit of the printer, his foreman or principal clerk, or of the editor, business or advertising manager, to which affidavit a copy of the publication shall be attached, and by an affidavit showing the deposit of a copy of the summons and order for publication in the post office, postage prepaid, directed to the defendant by registered mail to his last known address. (21)

Click here for more info http://elibrary.supremecourt.gov.ph/index6...58fee316e39#sam

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding the CFO stamp on Visa. It is my understanding that once my wife receives her Visa that she is to go to the CFO office and have her Visa stamped? What days can this be done? I assume it is closed on Saturday and Sunday?

if my fiancee wants to get vaccinated at st lukes what is the fee and how to they accept-do they accept pesos and or us dollars

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

if my fiancee wants to get vaccinated at st lukes what is the fee and how to they accept-do they accept pesos and or us dollars

Vaccinations are included in the price of the medical.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Reading from the article that roy sent, it would seem that more and more people would choose to go this route as it is faster and simpler. The downside would be that the embassy will start noticing (or maybe has noticed) a trend of more cases of presumptive death and would probably give new cases a second look. Presumptive death involving plane crash, sea mishaps, armed conflict, and kidnapping would probably have easier sailing compared to those whose ex-spouse just disappeared. Just my opinion though.

Just as we feared, the embassy now views presumptive death with suspicion. Here's Kirk's post about it:

It seems the presumptive death route to end marriage has been used for convienance and individuals in contact with their spuses have used it in the Philippines. It seems like the embassy views presumptive death with a presumption of fraud. Jenny was called back for a second interview, where they kept making promises that she could come to the USA is she would just admit that she had contact with her husband. The trouble was is Jenny has had no contact with him in years. He literally disappeared. They said they would contact her in one to two months, so we are hoping. Annulment I believe is out of the question because I believe, if he is alive, that we would have to serve him which is difficult when someone has dropped off the face of the earth.

If you can find your spouse, annullment might work especially if he is not supporting you and/or your child. (Emotional immaturity). When I researched this out as I was trying to find Jenny's husband when I first met her, a Gaum divorce was a possibility. At that time in Guam if 2 individuals agreed, neither have to show up for the divorce. I think that has changed. If you have gone the presumptive death route, what I think helps you is a showing that you and your spouse had a good relationship until he disappeared. Pictures of them and letters are things that should be brought to the embassy.

I hope this helps.

The good news she gave was that everyone who had not been married before seemed to get approved.

Off hand does anyone have the phone number for the embassy, that can be called from the USA. I plan to give the embassy a call later this week.

I would expect that the Embassy views any situation that appears to be getting around an annulment as suspicious. I would include presumtive death as well as a late registration BC which might hint at a name change done to get a new BC, passport, and CENOMAR.

Timeline
Regarding the CFO stamp on Visa. It is my understanding that once my wife receives her Visa that she is to go to the CFO office and have her Visa stamped? What days can this be done? I assume it is closed on Saturday and Sunday?

Yes she will need to go to the CFO office to get the stamp on her VISA. Of course she needs the CFO Certificate first. If she has not attended the CFO seminar she will need to attend that at SMEF-COW or PRISM to get the certificate. PM me if you need more info on that, I have a lot of notes.

I believe the CFO Office (at Citigold) is open Mon-Fri only.

Timeline

You may already know this but the St. Lukes medical exam fee is $95 but must be paid in pesos. As someone else already stated, the vaccinations are included in the medical exam fee. They may ask if you want the vaccinactions there at St. Lukes or would like to get them in the US, and you might as well get them there as it's included in the fee.

Vic&el, davidjack, binow, arch and cel, are probably having sleepless nights already :lol:

Its true PW but I have defense mechanism about sleepless.. I always remember the promise of our Lord Like ""And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." -Matthew 21:22..."God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea..." Psalm 46:1-2 and according to the bible He will never leave us nor forsake us!!! God is faithful to His promise! God is able to those who believe!!!

God bless,

arch and cel

We are quite busy yes, we are still working on some printing, last minute faxing with her is doing all the organizing of the huge mass of paper. It is true I will not be posting a lot in the next few days till we get word on Wednesday afternoon her time.

I still need too fax her my Bank Statement, my question is: can I fax it too the Embassy too make sure they will not ask for it or just keep trying too fax it too her (busy fax where she needs too puck it up)?

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

Timeline

Yes she will need to go to the CFO office to get the stamp on her VISA. Of course she needs the CFO Certificate first. If she has not attended the CFO seminar she will need to attend that at SMEF-COW or PRISM to get the certificate. PM me if you need more info on that, I have a lot of notes.

I believe the CFO Office (at Citigold) is open Mon-Fri only.

Thanks Gary, She has attended the seminar and is just needing the sticker affixed to her Visa one she receives it from Delbros.

Timeline
hi,iam just worried about my visa,how many days does visa delived?im from rizal..Tnx!!!God bless

We are waiting for VISA also. My wife's interview was 01/25......two days after you......Delbros says 7 days to province for delivery. My wife is in Cagayan de Oro and hopes that she has her visa on February 1. I have been trying to look it up on the Delbros website, but the website there isn't working.

http://www.delbros.com

Glenn

I'll be interested to see recent delivery times to Cagayan de Oro. We're going to request Embassy pick-up of the VISA, but if they deny our request we will wait for delivery in Cagayan de Oro. Interview is Tuesday 2/13 and we have tickets to leave at 11PM on Friday 2/23.

Edited by garya505

Timeline
hi,iam just worried about my visa,how many days does visa delived?im from rizal..Tnx!!!God bless

We are waiting for VISA also. My wife's interview was 01/25......two days after you......Delbros says 7 days to province for delivery. My wife is in Cagayan de Oro and hopes that she has her visa on February 1. I have been trying to look it up on the Delbros website, but the website there isn't working.

Glenn

I'll be interested to see recent delivery times to Cagayan de Oro. We're going to request Embassy pick-up of the VISA, but if they deny our request we will wait for delivery in Cagayan de Oro. Interview is Tuesday 2/13 and we have tickets to leave at 11PM on Friday 2/23.

They denied my wife's request for embassy pickup. I think that it would have been allowed had I been there with her. So I think if you are there, no problem for you guys. good luck!

Glenn

We was planing on Friday 2/23, that is if they have a 10pm flight out. The 10pm flight is PR102, is that what you have Gary?

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

For the benefit of the four or five CR-1s here who are all coming to the finish line very soon (we all have case completion dates between 11/15 and 11/17, and dims who is 2 weeks behind), I've almost become a nusance with NVC calling more frequently than I'd like asking about interview appointment schedule updates. Again with this morning's call, no news. However, I was told that NVC will be scheduling March CR-1 interviews during the second week of February, whether right, wrong or indifferent, that's what I was told. All of us are on pins and needles now waiting for any news. Jazzy has an interview on Feb 8, but received their date during the last week of Dec, so we are hoping for the same news this week. If any of us CR-1s hear anything at all this week, please share it. Good luck fellow CR-1s...this agonizing wait is nearly over!!!

Mike and Milah Jean

Michael and Milah Jean

04/24/2006 | Married in Leyte
06/16/2006 | Mail I-130 petition to NSC
03/15/2007 | INTERVIEW - 6:30 am - APPROVED!!!!
04/05/2007 | ARRIVED IN AMERICA!!! (Detroit)
04/14/2007 | Received SSN card in mail
04/23/2007 | Received 2 yr green card
04/24/2007 | CELEBRATE FIRST ANNIVERSARY!!!
11/16/2007 | We're pregnant!!!
07/01/2008 | Ester Faith born at 11:49 pm
02/12/2009 | Mail I-751 petition to remove conditions
04/16/2009 | Approved - Letter recd 4/21/2009
06/29/2009 | Received 10 yr green card
07/11/2009 | Received Ohio driver's license - passed road test 1st try!!
01/29/2011 | We're preggie...again!!!
09/21/2011 | Eugene Filip born - 7:55 am

02/29/2016 | Mail N-400 application

05/19/2016 | Naturalization interview

06/16/2016 | Oath ceremony

Just as we feared, the embassy now views presumptive death with suspicion.

to me this seems so unfair. this isn't a situation where someone is trying something iffy to slip thru the cracks. the Embassy states a court ruling of presumptive death as evidence that a Filipino marriage has been terminated. you go by the rules then at the interview are told, sorry rules have changed. perhaps if more info can be found out about use of presumptive death, the Sheriff could add it to the Phil-Am K-1 info so others will be aware of the problems.

on another subject, I'm glad decided for Yazi and her daughter at the same time. who know what the rules might be for K-2's in the future. If I had only one piece of advise to give to give about this process it would be this. for those whose fiancee's have children, if at all possible have the children come here at the same time as your fiance.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.