windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thanks for the kind word of appreciation.

PW is awesome. Through her experiences and tireless efforts, she has really made this thread a viable, fun, and friendly learning experience in which I consider her to be a dear friend. We, meaning every last one of us, have all worked together through the various complexities of our cases to really build a knowledge base to help others. For me, that's what it's all about, making easier for the next person who walks in our shoes. You have all made this experience one that I will never forget and you have all forged a special place in the fiber of my soul. So thank you very much and cheers to you all. May your days be filled with success, love, friendship, and grace.

With loving respect…

Sheriff Uling

p.s. The visa process is a stressful life sucking ambiguous process that I wouldn’t wish upon my most deadliest adversary.

AMEN, brother sheriff! :star:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Luz and her son FINALLY finished their medical. It took a whole WEEK! Let me explain. They went to Manila on monday. Since Robin is 15 they separated them and had him go through with the men. Everything seemed to go OK at first. Then they told Luz that they wanted the psyc report from her annulment. So she had to have her sister go back to Olongapo and fax it to her. No big deal really. But with Robin it was a problem. During the interview part of the exam they started asking him questions like have you ever had this or that illness. When they asked him if he ever had "hepa" (hepatitis) he didn't know what they were talking about. He got confused and said yes. :( So they stopped his exam right there and told him to go to an outside hospital and have some blood tests done and come back with the results. The next day they went to the hospital and had the blood taken from Robin. Luz also got her papers that they wanted. They would not have the results from the test until wed. So on wed they got the results (negative of course) and went back to St. Lukes. Luz finished her exam, got her vaccinations and was OK. Robin was another story. They came up to Luz and said they had found something "suspicious" on his x-ray. They wanted to do more x-rays. So they had to go back the next day and have more pictures. On friday they went back and Robin finished the exam and the vaccinations. There was nothing wrong with his x-rays. So a 2 day exam turned out to be a week!!! What an ordeal for them. I am just glad it's over.

That was not fun...but we are glad they are done with the medicals. Good luck on the interview. We will be praying for Luz and Robin.

Godspeed,

(F)

04/22/06:I-129F -TSC
04/25/06:I-129F -CSC;NOA1(Rcvd Date)
05/01/06:NOA1(Notice Date)
06/23/06:Email fr CSC-IMBRA RFE
06/30/06:IMBRA RFE mail)
07/05/06:I-RFE reply
07/17/06:USCIS rcvd I-RFE reply
08/30/06:NOA2 Approved!
09/05/06:NOA2(mail)
09/26/06:Email fr NVC-to Emb;case #:MNL2006764XXX
10/06/06:VISA APPT:*ANY WORKDAY 0700AM*daughter age-ing out
10/16-17:St. Luke's Medical Ext Clinic
10/18/06:Emb Intrvw APPROVED!
10/25/06:VISAS(K1&K2s)delivered;CFO for stickers
11/08/06:To the U.S.!
11/14/06:WEDDING!
11/22/06:Applied SSN(married name)
11/15/06:INFOPASS appt (for 3):AOS-DORA
11/27/06:Applied AOS w/ 2daughters;got accepted;interviewed same day(D1)
12/09/06:Received by mail 3 NOA1s
12/15/06:SSN print-out picked up
12/18/06:SS card&Biometrics appt notices in mail(D22)
12/26/06:Biometrics at ASC,USCIS Dallas-North(D30)
01/26/07:Email:Notice mailed 1/25 welcoming the new PR(K1&K2-9y/o)(D61)
01/31/07:Welcome letters(mail)(D66)
02/01/07:Card production ordered 1/30(D67)
02/05/07:Email:Approval notice sent 2/04(D71)
02/06/07:GC's in the mail! (D72)
12/11/08:Sent application for removal of conditions (I-751)
12/19/08:Received by mail receipt notice
12/30/08:Received by mail biometrics appointment for Jo and receipt notice for daughter
01/05/09:Received by mail biometrics appointment of daughter
01/13/09:Biometrics appointment of Jo and daughter
06/17/09:Email:Card production ordered
06/30/09:Email:Approval notice sent
07/06/09:Ten-year GC's in the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:help: Hi everyone! I am preparing the stuff Philip needs for his interview on the 8th February. I have my affadavit of support form(notarized) , I have a statement from my 401k

I have printed out 1 years worth of bank statements(savings/checking), I have a letter of reference from my employer, I have printed out statements from phone bill showing all my long distance calls to Philippines, since july 2006 till now, I have copy of K-1 petition and all NOA's , I am trying to find recent cards he sent me , and I am waiting for that *$)#^(@! letter from my bank! I am gonna organize all this stuff in logical manner (that should take me all day LOL!) anyway am I missing anything? any advice/guidance? He is gonna bring all his stuff, like my letters, pictures etc, fonecards. Please let me know thanks! GOd Bless all of you!

The bank statements are in fact necessary if you are either self-employed, paid by 1099's, not a W2 employee or commission only employee on big ticket items. I am a broker (self-employed), so the interviewer requested bank letter, tax returns with attached 1099's and bank statements from my wife at the interview.

Thanks Glenn & Rosemarie... I was looking through my narrow vision of working for the man versus those who are the man... LOL!!! Or woman...

Lol Sheriff Uling! I wouldn't say I am the man. I say this from experience (aka paranoia) in dealing with anything, anyone that is directly or even closely associated with the US government. Dot every i and cross every T. I have learned a lot through this process and I became an avid reader of your posts! I think soon you should run for president of "Visa Journey!" Your posts have been very helpful to me and my wife and I greatly appreciate you sharing your valuable information and experience with us all! "You are the man Sheriff Uling!"

I would second the motion for Sheriff Uling as President of VJ. But we must all recognize PW as Madam Chairman of the Board and High Priestess of Visa Journey.

Add my pat on the back to the both of you. I for one have been greatly helped by both of you. Thanks guys.

Dean

Hi guys

Tita was at the bank and the teller validated the DS157 page 1 instead of the DS156

Is that a problem?

Please help

Thanks

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Would they keep you out is you have Hepatitis A or B?

Met Tita 2004-10-31

Timeline
Hi guys

Tita was at the bank and the teller validated the DS157 page 1 instead of the DS156

Is that a problem?

Please help

Thanks

Actually, the DS form 157 is the proper form to be stamped with the interview fee stamp. So, all is just fine.

The document from the Embassy that said that the DS-156 is the form that gets stamped, is out of date and wrong

Edited by panicked

Hi guys

Is that a problem?

Please help

Thanks

Actually, the DS form 157 is the proper form to be stamped with the inter fee stamp. All is

OK!

Daghang Salamat

Met Tita 2004-10-31

Thanks for the kind word of appreciation.

PW is awesome. Through her experiences and tireless efforts, she has really made this thread a viable, fun, and friendly learning experience in which I consider her to be a dear friend. We, meaning every last one of us, have all worked together through the various complexities of our cases to really build a knowledge base to help others. For me, that's what it's all about, making easier for the next person who walks in our shoes. You have all made this experience one that I will never forget and you have all forged a special place in the fiber of my soul. So thank you very much and cheers to you all. May your days be filled with success, love, friendship, and grace.

With loving respect…

Sheriff Uling

p.s. The visa process is a stressful life sucking ambiguous process that I wouldn’t wish upon my most deadliest adversary.

AMEN, brother sheriff! :star:

i second that. ;)

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Wow! You are all awesome guys and gals! :thumbs: I am truly humbled by your kind words. Kudos to you too my dear old friend Sheriff! You certainly put a lot of effort in the Phil-Am K1 Info thereby making the process easier to understand for those who are about to embark on the journey. And let’s not forget sillygirl for her step-by-step procedure of the medical and interview (complete with drawings of the set-up at St. Lukes and embassy). The US Embassy may now have a security problem at their hands because all of us here in Manila thread knows the lay-out of the embassy :lol:

And to all who became part of our own version of the “Schindler’s List”, thank you for coming here and for contributing to our learning process.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart (L):luv:

And I'd like to thank my director, my producers, my co-actors and actresses, staff and crew (huh, this is not the Oscars?) hehehe

The NBI clearance is good for one year. I have heard some here say that at the interview, it should be six months old or less. Lilia's will be 8 months old by the time her new interview comes round. A new NBI was ordered and will be delivered "two days" before her new interview (in other words, it is likely to be late). Any experience on this issue? Maybe another trip to Manila for a rush delivery is necessary? Thanks. Rob

Rob, click below to check if the city where Lilia lives has NBI Regional or District Office with a computer installed. If installed with computers, the office will release “no hit” clearances on the same day.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/compclear.htm

:help: Hi everyone! I am preparing the stuff Philip needs for his interview on the 8th February. I have my affadavit of support form(notarized) , I have a statement from my 401k. I have printed out 1 years worth of bank statements(savings/checking), I have a letter of reference from my employer, I have printed out statements from phone bill showing all my long distance calls to Philippines, since july 2006 till now, I have copy of K-1 petition and all NOA's , I am trying to find recent cards he sent me , and I am waiting for that *$)#^(@! letter from my bank! I am gonna organize all this stuff in logical manner (that should take me all day LOL!) anyway am I missing anything? any advice/guidance? He is gonna bring all his stuff, like my letters, pictures etc, fonecards. Please let me know thanks! GOd Bless all of you!

Your last 3 pay stubs is call I can think of and divorce decree if you have been married before. Looks like you're good to go except for that !@#$% bank letter :lol:

PW, I have a feeling that our interview will be around the same time. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my friend list :)

My honey received his pre-interview letter yesterday and he's really excited !! Each passing day is a step closer for us to be together.. the best of luck to all February batch and to all my fellow vj'ers as well.

Hi Kayz! Op kors naman, please add me to your friend list. Yup, it's possible me and your honey will have same interview date. I will have my medical early, maybe sometime in February.

Luz & Gary, taking the medical early paid off for you. Imagine if Luz had her medical at a later time, can you imagine the panic you two would be feeling with all these problems that Luz had to contend with. I'm going to speak to my son and tell him if he is not sure about the doctor's question, to refer the question to me.

Hi guys

Tita was at the bank and the teller validated the DS157 page 1 instead of the DS156. Is that a problem?

Sheriff Uling, I believe you mentioned a while back that you will write about this error of the US Embassy in the Phil-Am K1 Info (DS 157 and not DS 156 is the form that is stamped by BPI). Bad, bad US Embassy! :bonk:

Would they keep you out is you have Hepatitis A or B?

Hepatitis B is a communicable disease and there’s a section in the INA which provides that aliens with communicable disease are ineligible to receive visas. However, waivers may be applied though this will take time and may require treatment first.

INA: ACT 212 - GENERAL CLASSES OF ALIENS INELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE VISAS AND INELIGIBLE FOR ADMISSION; WAIVERS OF INADMISSIBILLITY

Sec. 212. [8 U.S.C. 1182]

(a) Classes of Aliens Ineligible for Visas or Admission.-Except as otherwise provided in this Act, aliens who are inadmissible under the following paragraphs are ineligible to receive visas and ineligible to be admitted to the United States:

(1) Health-related grounds.-

(A) In general.-Any alien-

(i) who is determined (in accordance with regulations prescribed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services) to have a communicable disease of public health significance, which shall include infection with the etiologic agent for acquired immune deficiency syndrome,

(ii) 1/ except as provided in subparagraph © 1a/ who seeks admission as an immigrant, or who seeks adjustment of status to the status of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, and who has failed to present documentation of having received vaccination against vaccine-preventable diseases, which shall include at least the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B and hepatitis B, and any other vaccinations against vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Comm ittee for Immunization Practices,

x x x

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

PatientlyWaiting, you were always my favorite as well. Haven't been here in a long time.

Edited by JoelAndAnalyn

Joel & Analyn

www.PinoyInfo.net - Great Philippines specific immigration resource. Please come and join!

Call Philippines mobile 10 cents a minute

Timeline
PatientlyWaiting, you were always my favorite as well. Haven't been here in a long time.

Same here!! :yes:

PW is top of my list!! :thumbs:

(F)

Me too of course!!! PW is the best :dance:

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

Well, Luz and her son FINALLY finished their medical. It took a whole WEEK! Let me explain. They went to Manila on monday. Since Robin is 15 they separated them and had him go through with the men. Everything seemed to go OK at first. Then they told Luz that they wanted the psyc report from her annulment. So she had to have her sister go back to Olongapo and fax it to her. No big deal really. But with Robin it was a problem. During the interview part of the exam they started asking him questions like have you ever had this or that illness. When they asked him if he ever had "hepa" (hepatitis) he didn't know what they were talking about. He got confused and said yes. :( So they stopped his exam right there and told him to go to an outside hospital and have some blood tests done and come back with the results. The next day they went to the hospital and had the blood taken from Robin. Luz also got her papers that they wanted. They would not have the results from the test until wed. So on wed they got the results (negative of course) and went back to St. Lukes. Luz finished her exam, got her vaccinations and was OK. Robin was another story. They came up to Luz and said they had found something "suspicious" on his x-ray. They wanted to do more x-rays. So they had to go back the next day and have more pictures. On friday they went back and Robin finished the exam and the vaccinations. There was nothing wrong with his x-rays. So a 2 day exam turned out to be a week!!! What an ordeal for them. I am just glad it's over.

That was not fun...but we are glad they are done with the medicals. Good luck on the interview. We will be praying for Luz and Robin.

Godspeed,

(F)

Yes Jo ..no fun at all there :no: ..whew im glad its over!! I drop my papers in the releasing counter at 5:am and they called my name at 2:40 for vaccination and wait another 21/2 hour before they release my paper and give my x-ray result! :

My son had to do another x-ray 5x different position and taht means expose himself to the radiation :( .they do that to make sure what is ''suspicious abnormalities''that they saw before..and Thanks God everything is clear and they even told my son Ok your a ''very healthy boy u can go to USA '' :rolleyes::rolleyes: ,W e start Robin's paper at 8 and were done at 5:30!!

Im just glad its over and I thank God for that!Thanks for your prayers Jo.. (F)

Glad to see familiar faces from VJ and WOF members!They are all so nice and sweet! :yes:

(F)

Edited by LuzyC

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am trying to determine what day my wife will receive her Visa in Cagayan De Oro. She had her interview on Thursday, January 25. I looked on the Delbros website and it only states that Embassy began the order at 12:15pm on January 25.

I need to estimate the date so that I can purchase her airlines ticket to come here.

Thanks for your feedback.

Godspeed,

(F)

Yes Jo ..no fun at all there :no: ..whew im glad its over!! I drop my papers in the releasing counter at 5:am and they called my name at 2:40 for vaccination and wait another 21/2 hour before they release my paper and give my x-ray result! :

My son had to do another x-ray 5x different position and taht means expose himself to the radiation :( .they do that to make sure what is ''suspicious abnormalities''that they saw before..and Thanks God everything is clear and they even told my son Ok your a ''very healthy boy u can go to USA '' :rolleyes::rolleyes: ,W e start Robin's paper at 8 and were done at 5:30!!

Im just glad its over and I thank God for that!Thanks for your prayers Jo.. (F)

Glad to see familiar faces from VJ and WOF members!They are all so nice and sweet! :yes:

(F)

Congratulations for you and your son!

Timeline
The NBI clearance is good for one year. I have heard some here say that at the interview, it should be six months old or less. Lilia's will be 8 months old by the time her new interview comes round. A new NBI was ordered and will be delivered "two days" before her new interview (in other words, it is likely to be late). Any experience on this issue? Maybe another trip to Manila for a rush delivery is necessary? Thanks. Rob

Rob, click below to check if the city where Lilia lives has NBI Regional or District Office with a computer installed. If installed with computers, the office will release “no hit” clearances on the same day.

http://www.nbi.gov.ph/compclear.htm

Yes, I understand what you mean. When you say "no hit", you mean that your name is not the same as someone who has problems on their NBI. Unfortunately, Lilia has a namesake somewhere in the Phils who is less than sterling. She gets a "name hit" every time she gets an NBI clearance. In this case, even from a regional or district office with computers, it takes almost a month for a new clearance. This will be her 3rd NBI.

Those of you applying for the first time, take note. You never know when your name is the same as someone's with a bad record. This is called a "name hit". If you get one, it takes more time to get NBI.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.