windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those with February interviews - who has already purchased a plane ticket? Where did you purchase it, what airlines and what was the cost?

...also, how many days after the interview did you book it for?

Thanks! :star:

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, try this link, gave u the wrong one. TeamLBC
Do you know if they recently changed their service? The only international parcel service I can find says it's limited to 3 kilos and must fit in plastic receptacle. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot on their site, I don't know.

Ahh, Sweet. Thanks!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi PW and many others, Been busy with getting the wedding done and everything, didn't have time to post. Jenny is here and we got married on the 13th of January and enjoying the Honeymoon. (L):whistle: Thanks for all the help , even tho we still have a lot to do. See you all later.

Congratulations, May God Bless you both, and may you have a long and happy relationship.

oh another question. while we were filling out form DS-156, there is a question on whether someone else has filed a petition for her. In fact her mom who is in the States now filed an immigrant petition, believe it is a F VISA, a couple years back. The petition was approved and she is now waiting for her interview since 2003. We were thinking of not leaving it blank. Is it wise to fill it out? We fear that it may result in a denial or a AR. What is the best thing to do? thanks.

It is wise to fill it up to indicate that a petition has been filed for her. The embassy will find out about the F petition anyway in their database and background check so if she lies about it, that could result in denial.

Having an approved F petition is not a ground for K visa denial but your fiancee may or may not be in for some rude questioning during the interview like "are you trying to circumvent US immigration laws by marrying an American citizen?". This might upset your fiancee so prepare her for this type of questions. Just have her answer an emphatic "definitely not", "we are very much in love", "I will only marry for love" or something to that effect. Tell her that this type of questioning is normal to test the "bona fides" of the relationship. She must be firm in defending the relationship.

Hi PW and many others, Been busy with getting the wedding done and everything, didn't have time to post. Jenny is here and we got married on the 13th of January and enjoying the Honeymoon. (L):whistle: Thanks for all the help , even tho we still have a lot to do. See you all later.

Hey Wind, good to see you again! I'm still here after all these years (21 months actually), :clock::cry: but I'm happy for you my old friend! Congratulations! Hey, post some pictures of the wedding.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

About going to medical with cough and congestion.

Lilia went to the medical on 12/21 with bronchitis. etc etc. etc. etc.

Does anyone know the absolute best way to go about requesting a "rescheduled" appointment? Her medical is complete and her passport is already at the USE. I will begin calling tomorrow morning Manila time.

Rob, the same experience happened to a friend of my wife's in September. Once her medical was clear, she had her interview the following week. Her husband called the embassy in Manila and they were very helpful in getting it arranged this quickly. Good Luck to you!

I called the embassy tonight and told them the story. Lorraine said I might get appointment in May. I believe I had a small stroke when she said that. I was expecting to hear a week or two.

If anyone has experience in this type situation, please contribute.

I don't know if this can help. from Embassy website:

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3227.html

http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwhni20.html

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

For those with February interviews - who has already purchased a plane ticket? Where did you purchase it, what airlines and what was the cost?

I didnt buy her ticket yet, but i was going too get her a direct flight though philippine airlines:

http://wftc3.e-travel.com/plnext/prnext/Cl...amp;LANGUAGE=GB

Price depends on where you are flying our from. She needs too fly too Manila from CDO or Cebu.

Also will you get a round trip ticket or one way? I will get her a oneway ticket.

the price i got today was: 43,364.00 PHP (888.53 USD) flying too our POE of LAX.

recieved @ CSC: 5-5-06

NOA1 mailed: 5-16-06

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Approved NOA2 email :) 9-11-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

Flight to USA POE LAX!!! 04-20-07 Welcome to America!

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

AOS PREP TIME!!! ??-??-??

K2 interview APPROVED

Case Number: MNL20067682##

Visa Classification: K1

St. Luke's Appointment Date: Tuesday, January 29, 2008 (7:00:00 AM)

Embassy Appointment Date: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 (7:30:00 AM) (Approved )

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Travel clearance required by DSWD for the husband of his step-son!

Flight to the US for her son same POE 03-18-08

I didnt buy her ticket yet, but i was going too get her a direct flight though philippine airlines:

Price depends on where you are flying our from. She needs too fly too Manila from CDO or Cebu.

Also will you get a round trip ticket or one way? I will get her a oneway ticket.

the price i got today was: 43,364.00 PHP (888.53 USD) flying too our POE of LAX.

I asked for quotation from my travel agent here in Manila and they quoted me these Philippine Airlines airfare for Feb. 15 departure MNL-LAX one-way:

First time immigrant fare - $554 (inclusive of US taxes) + P1,620 travel tax

Regular airfare - $691 (inclusive of US taxes) + P1,620 travel tax

You may want to ask about "first-time immigrant fare" for your ladies guys! I think it's only Phil. Airlines that offers this fare type.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Timeline

That quote you got seems a bit high for a one way...maybe because she's coming from CDO?

We're planning on just buying one-way tickets. Do you plan on booking the flight before she has the interview or were you going to wait?

I asked for quotation from my travel agent here in Manila and they quoted me these Philippine Airlines airfare for Feb. 15 departure MNL-LAX one-way:

You may want to ask about "first-time immigrant fare" for your ladies guys! I think it's only Phil. Airlines that offers this fare type.

Thank you, PW! That is quite a bit of savings! :star:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me i jsut bought mine last week

carrrier korean air

route dfw to inchean south korea to manila

time 2 weeks

price 1030 round trip

i purchased mine at emerald travel agency

i have used korean 4 times so far and find them impressive in service i have used philippine airlines before and they totally SUCK lol only time i would use them again is if the tickets were free.....

good luck in shopping for air fare... hope u find a good deal

Timeline

carrrier korean air

time 2 weeks

price 1030 round trip

i have used korean 4 times so far and find them impressive in service i have used philippine airlines before and they totally SUCK lol only time i would use them again is if the tickets were free.....

Korean Air is superb! :yes: I took a trip to Beijing 4 years ago on Korean Air. :star:

Right now, lowest price is going to be my biggest issue. I flew PAL from Manila to Cebu last April and I thought it was great. If Jinky were flying all the time, she might be inclined to notice the small differences in onflight services, but for this trip, I think she's going to just be happy to see me when she arrives. :star: (6 weeks or less, I hope!)

carrrier korean air

time 2 weeks

price 1030 round trip

Korean Air is superb! :yes: I took a trip to Beijing 4 years ago on Korean Air. :star:

Right now, lowest price is going to be my biggest issue. I flew PAL from Manila to Cebu last April and I thought it was great. If Jinky were flying all the time, she might be inclined to notice the small differences in onflight services, but for this trip, I think she's going to just be happy to see me when she arrives. :star: (6 weeks or less, I hope!)

Price is always the issue with us too, but PAL is a direct flight. Flying with other Filipino's is also nice hehehe.

Korean air has a stop somewhere i am sure. I would do it for me, but i am not sure i would do it for her being it is her first international flight. :whistle:

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

carrrier korean air

time 2 weeks

price 1030 round trip

Price is always the issue with us too, but PAL is a direct flight. Flying with other Filipino's is also nice hehehe.

Korean air has a stop somewhere i am sure. I would do it for me, but i am not sure i would do it for her being it is her first international flight. :whistle:

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

QUOTE(vic&el4ever @ Jan 16 2007, 01:30 AM)

QUOTE(Steven_and_Jinky @ Jan 15 2007, 09:20 PM)

Thanks!

This post has been edited by PatientlyWaiting: Today, 02:03 AM

Thanks PW,

I didn’t know about that First time immigrant fare, I am sure a travel agent will know about this.

RFE 6-23-06

RFE mailed 8-7-06

Approved NOA2 9-07-06

Interview 02-01-07

AR lifted 03-14-07

visa delivery 03-17-07

CIVIL MARRIAGE 04-27-07

SSN Applied for 05-18-07

K2 interview APPROVED

Visa in hand 02-21-08

Timeline
You did not mention a date, but TravelPH has PAL flights in Feb $815 including taxes to SF. I got my fiancee's one-way through TravelPH to Honolulu for $566. Everyone else was $800+. Ken
PAL is the best way too go for the direct flight. @ 46,746.00 PHP (956.42 USD) one way the cost is not bad for the not needing too change planes.
Holy Cow! That much??? That's about what I paid to fly to the Philippines round trip from LAX on Cathay Pacific back in April. I was counting on finding a one-way ticket for under $600, especially since I'm going to need to buy one for Jinky and her 5 year old son, Job.

Did you look into your fiancee purchasing the ticket over there? I believe you'll save some money that way as well.

There's a bit difference from purchasing abroad than purchasing here in Philippines. Travelling with a minor can save a little bit because of this law called DISCOUNTED TRAVEL TAX FOR MINOR. We haven't purchased any ticket yet. We are making sure to see the visa first before purchasing wwoooohhhhh!!!!! so nervyyyy....

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Timeline
For the Manila embassy interview, can my fiancee use her passport style photograph she submitted with her K1 petition? She took that photo about 7 months ago. I don't see why she cannot. Any experience anyone in using the photos submitted with the petition? thx. :blush:

+

She will need photo for US VISA which is 2x2 and the instruction is in the packet.

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.