windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

To Luz & Gary (aka LuzyC and Iniibig ko si Luz),

I just read about your mom's health condition in the other thread. Sorry it took a long time for me to find out but I seldom venture out of the Manila thread. How is your mom now?

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

(((((((HUGS))))))) (F)

PW

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy to report that my two step-kids' CR-2 interviews yesterday were successful! Maybe this little snippet of good news will help to get everyone off that NOA2 extension letter thread that has occupied so much bandwidth in the last 24 hours!!

For the keeper of the timelines, I never logged the kids as their case was unusual and the timeline was rushed as a result... definitely not typical!

Yesterday was not busy at the IV Unit, but I saw lots of smiling faces as folks came out of the interview rooms.. Let's hope it is a pointer to a successful January and February for us VJ-ers!!

Good luck everyone!!

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

I am happy to report that my two step-kids' CR-2 interviews yesterday were successful! Maybe this little snippet of good news will help to get everyone off that NOA2 extension letter thread that has occupied so much bandwidth in the last 24 hours!!

For the keeper of the timelines, I never logged the kids as their case was unusual and the timeline was rushed as a result... definitely not typical!

Yesterday was not busy at the IV Unit, but I saw lots of smiling faces as folks came out of the interview rooms.. Let's hope it is a pointer to a successful January and February for us VJ-ers!!

Good luck everyone!!

Congrats on the approvals Dave! I hope you're right and we can move on to other topics. to me what attracts members to this thread is the community spirit here. members helping one another. i hope the exchanges the past couple of days isn't discouraging other members from posting questions the may have about the process. the exchanges are counterproductive to what this thread is all about.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I hope all is going well with the interviews of treynroxy and TimR.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Every city that you lived in since your 16th years old, get the police clearance on every municipal that you lived in, if u went to work outside the Philippines you still need also a police clearance from that country, eventhough you got police clearance in city you lived in, you still required to submit the NBI to the embassy. Goodluck.
Do I really need to get A POLICE CLEARANCE TO ALL THE PLACE THAT I LIVE IN SINCE IM 16th YEARS OLD?CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT?THANKS!

To clarify this question. Do you need a police report from each city in the Philippines or are police reports only required for other countries you lived in? If you only lived in PI is the NBI the only thing you need?

Whoah. Either I misread the instructions on Packet 4 or something because that is NOT what I understood it to be. The NBI Clearance should suffice unless the beneficiary lived in another country. Can somebody tell me where else does it say you need a Police Record for all cities you've lived in, in the Packet 4 instructions? Here's what the instructions specify.

OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also

present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more after

reaching the age of 16. Information on police certificate availability by country can be found on the

Embassy’s website or at http://intranet.ca.state.gov/reciprocityweb/index.htm.

You need ONE. Its from the NATIONAL BI, that should give you a clue and it should state "FOR TRAVEL ABROAD". It can be issued at the NBI office in the city nearest you the same day if you are prepared to wait. The police certificate requirement is for those people who have lived in other countries for preiods longer than 6 months in each country. If this is the case, you need to obtain the certificate from the country you resided in. Hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

I think I found a new place to live for me and my sweetie when he gets here. Ok so now what do I have to do that he is not actually going to be living at the address i listed on the 1-129F paperwork now? Is there some change of address form... I am not moving till after his interview, after um, Feb 8th. Then what do I submit? any answers?? thanx! the beaurocratic disaster has just begun.. LOL!

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

I think I found a new place to live for me and my sweetie when he gets here. Ok so now what do I have to do that he is not actually going to be living at the address i listed on the 1-129F paperwork now? Is there some change of address form... I am not moving till after his interview, after um, Feb 8th. Then what do I submit? any answers?? thanx! the beaurocratic disaster has just begun.. LOL!

the form would be the AR-11. believe it can be done online. check out the details on the uscis.gov website.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations to Dave Horton with your step kid's interviews! :star:

Just an FYI update with regard to shipping documents internationally.

On Monday, at about 9:30am California time, I mailed off 1.2 lbs of documents (Affidavit of Support, copy of I-129F, etc) to Jinky through the U.S. Postal Service using Global Express Guaranteed at the cost of $54. She received it, hand delivered by a FedEx agent today (her Thursday), my Wednesday evening at approximately 8pm...that was less than 3 days!

Had I gone directly through FedEx, the cost would have been $164...so I saved over $100.

I know some here in this thread said they've tried this service without reliable success, however, I would point out that you must make sure you are getting the 'Guaranteed' Global Express where the label has a FedEx logo on it. The U.S. Postal Service works with FedEx for this service, which is comparible to FedEx's speed but for a fraction of the cost.

Just wanted to pass that along and hopefully save other's here some money. :star:

Does anyone know of a cargo shipping company for shipping a box from Manila to the U.S.? We ran out of suitcase space and need to ship some things home.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

On Monday, at about 9:30am California time, I mailed off 1.2 lbs of documents (Affidavit of Support, copy of I-129F, etc) to Jinky through the U.S. Postal Service using Global Express Guaranteed at the cost of $54. She received it, hand delivered by a FedEx agent today (her Thursday), my Wednesday evening at approximately 8pm...that was less than 3 days!

Had I gone directly through FedEx, the cost would have been $164...so I saved over $100.

I know some here in this thread said they've tried this service without reliable success, however, I would point out that you must make sure you are getting the 'Guaranteed' Global Express where the label has a FedEx logo on it. The U.S. Postal Service works with FedEx for this service, which is comparible to FedEx's speed but for a fraction of the cost.

Just wanted to pass that along and hopefully save other's here some money. :star:

Hi,

Thats not a bad price....I use DHL for sending documents, I'll be sending a package out today (originals for Jasmins interview)...the cost for up to a 2 lb document envelope for my area (in new york) is 48 dollars going to cebu....it gets to her in 5 days...it may be longer in the provinces...they use third party once it gets to the PI...either way...much better than fed-ex prices!!

Jazzy

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Does anyone know of a cargo shipping company for shipping a box from Manila to the U.S.? We ran out of suitcase space and need to ship some things home.

I recently went looking for the same thing, for the same reason, and came up with ridiculous prices. I used the local yellow pages, and like most other times I used that source, almost every number was not working: but the few that did work gave me polite quotations in the region of $1,000 minimum door to door, to West Coast cities. That was air freight, but not express. Actually, I think express service may be about the same because of the minimum requirements, but I lost focus on the conversation after the third zero. Sea freight takes many months and I didn't get a price.

Sorry I do not recall the names, but I assume you have a copy of the yellow pages in Manila as your note implies you are here...

Good luck, and if you do come up with anything reasonable, post it here as the same question comes up from time to time.

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

Timeline

The service you paid for is FedEx...USPS passes these package off to FedEx for delivery services. I work for FedEx and that is all I do is re-process GXG packages with a FedEx tracking number on it. $54.00 is aprox how much a standard letter or pack will cost... for the Philippines that is. But prices do varies upward for boxes over 1 lbs. and $164.00 is for maybe a 10 lb box. :unsure:

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Timeline
Today is the 10th and it is almost that time of the month where the Embassy will be giving out interview dates for March!!!

Ok, everyone lets start praying for me!!!! (And everyone else who is waiting for interview too)!!! :dance::thumbs::innocent:

i called NVC this morning and they have yet to give out any schedule. march? i thought february was also included in this batch? i'm in the same boat as you waiting for the interview date and hopefully my wife will miss her period too ;)

I called also, and they said I was in Que for interview...but on the 15th when they normally release new dates I will be in the Philippines for a week visit and then I will have to go back in March with him for his interview....but that is a gooddddd thing :whistle::dance::thumbs::devil:

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The service you paid for is FedEx...USPS passes these package off to FedEx for delivery services. I work for FedEx and that is all I do is re-process GXG packages with a FedEx tracking number on it. $54.00 is aprox how much a standard letter or pack will cost... for the Philippines that is. But prices do varies upward for boxes over 1 lbs. and $164.00 is for maybe a 10 lb box. :unsure:

In my opinion FedEx just can't be beat when you want the peace of mind of your package getting there on time. I sent my wife everything she needs for her interview. I sent it Tuesday afternoon, 3.5lbs. "FedEx International Priority." My cost was $90.35

Timeline

In my opinion FedEx just can't be beat when you want the peace of mind of your package getting there on time. I sent my wife everything she needs for her interview. I sent it Tuesday afternoon, 3.5lbs. "FedEx International Priority." My cost was $90.35

I wish I could give my VJ family my discount when it comes to shipping international because you are correct. It do gives you peace of mind when it is there in their hands in 3 days but the price can be very expensive.

Thanks and take care...

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.