windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

There is no need to call or fax embassy about extentions of the noa2. They automaticly extend it past the 4 months. The manila embassy is the busiest in the world and this is routinely done, they realize it usually takes longer than 4 months and so automaticly extend it.

Jazzy

The extension is fairly routine, but in no way is it automatic.

Dude just send your letter and get off the topic

You been talking about this for sooooo long now i am sure everyone here has seen enough about this topic and those that are concerned will send the letter also.

I know for a fact i dont need to send the letter and i wont be sending a letter.

Find a new topic please you beat this one into the ground already.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hi,

There is no need to call or fax embassy about extentions of the noa2. They automaticly extend it past the 4 months. The manila embassy is the busiest in the world and this is routinely done, they realize it usually takes longer than 4 months and so automaticly extend it.

Jazzy

You been talking about this for sooooo long now i am sure everyone here has seen enough about this topic and those that are concerned will send the letter also.

I know for a fact i dont need to send the letter and i wont be sending a letter.

Sounds like you got an attitude problem, dude. :o

Hi,

Jazzy

Actually if you had bothered to look there was a post on this subject from another member and I along with some other members replied. I was done talking about it until I saw the post this morning. So for your information I will reply to any damn post I choose to. I will also choose to post about any damn immigration related topic I choose to also. I don't think anyone can say that Manila won't ever start using this procedure that was posted today. Oh, well except for you because your so damn smart you don't need no letter.

Posted this morning: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49057

Somebody help me! I have my interview in Frankfurt on February 2nd. I received a letter form the consulate today which has me afwully confused and nervous! Here is what it says:

Dear Cockrell, Sandra:

Our records show that you are the beneficiary of a K1 fiance(e) petition.

An approval K1 petition is valid for 4 months from the date of approval. Since your petitioned was approved more than 4 months ago it is expired. It may be revalidated for an additional 4 months provided the Consular Officer concludes that the petitioner's and the beneficiary's intentions are still to get married. Please ask your fiance(e) to send us a letter stating that both of you remain legally free to marry and that you continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after your admission into the United States. If you do not contact us within 6 months your petition will be destroyed.

OK - why are they sending me this? What for? I mean, I just got letter from them in December with my interview date and everything else. I am really confused and don't know if I am now still supposed to go to my interview or not. I swear, these people are more than backward and frustrating! I tried calling them but the darn pone just rings and rings.

Sandra

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

come on guys, keep peace on the thread. if you have disagreements, you can always take it to PM. ;)

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

come on guys, keep peace on the thread. if you have disagreements, you can always take it to PM. ;)

:thumbs::thumbs: Yep...were not in off topic thread :P

Where's the Sheriff anyway..?

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Cool it guys. Let's keep the friendship and camaraderie going here. Life is too short! ;)

Expiration of NOA2 is easily overcome by signing another Affidavit of Intent to Marry and bringing this at interview time. The concern of the consular officer about the intentions of the couple due to elapsed time, particularly the intentions of the petitioner in the United States, is resolved easily by the Affidavit. That's why revalidation of NOA2 is routine.

During my first petition, my NOA2 expired on Nov. 27, 2005 and I was interviewed on February 13, 2006 (almost 3 months after expiration!). We did not send a letter to request extension of NOA2 validity but I did bring an updated Affidavit of Intent to Marry signed by both of us and it was not notarized.

If sending a request for extension will make one feel better then by all means, send the letter. Remember though that embassy will not acknowledge receipt of anything that it did not request so if you want to be extra sure, keep a copy of the confirmation of your fax transmission.

Peace to all.

Timeline

re: K1 visa pickup

My visa got approved yesterday and I was given a ticket stub to pick up my passport, but the girl wont give me a date when I can pick it up. She just said to wait for them to call. Im doubtful that the embassy is going to call at all..and I have a business trip on Sunday so I need my passport back asap!!

On the timeline, it looks like 1-2 days processing for a pickup..is it safe for me to show up tomorrow and try to get it back? do they accept pick up anytime of the day or should I come at a certain time?

Anyone who picked up their passport, please give me your input thanks!

Phil-Am Family...

Please keep the family oriented climate and support group going...

I have not bothered to thoroughly read the disagreement (which has been the only one that I have seen in the six months that I have been a member), but I kindly request that we keep the love here. This has been the only place that I have found peace, love, and support on VJ and I would not be here if it were not for the very kind and lovely people here on the Manila Embassy Thread. So I again kindly request that everyone continue the family oriented support group that has been cultivated here. Pretty pretty please!!!

With love and respect...

Sheriff Uling

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

"no offense" ? ASlmost everything you write is offensive and arguementative. For your information we already went through the K-1 process so I have a bit more experience than you here. Regardless of your quote from text below it IS routine for the embassy to extend the 4 months...thats just how its done....its not a written rule...its just how it is...I know tis from posts on this site for the last couple years, past experience from friends, and frm talking to embassy staff myself. You should try to listen to info from members here instead of inflicting your opinions as would be facts....draw from the experience of others.

Jazzy

Well no offense, but he is mistaken. We are talking about a K-1 petition here, not CR-1/IR-1. Here is the excerpt from the FAM regarding this issue:

41.81 N6.2 Validity of a K-1 Petition (TL:VISA-581; 09-03-2003)

An approved K-1 visa petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of Department of Homeland Security (DHS) action and may be revalidated by the consular officer any number of times for additional periods of four months from the date of revalidation, provided the officer concludes that the petitioner and the beneficiary remain legally free to marry and continue to intend to marry each other within 90 days after the beneficiary's admission into the United States. However, the longer the period of time since the filing of the petition, the more the consular officer must be concerned about the intentions of the couple, particularly the intentions of the petitioner in the United States. If the officer is not convinced that the U.S. citizen petitioner continues to intend to marry the beneficiary, the petition should be returned to the approving office of DHS with an explanatory memorandum. [see 9 FAM 41.81 PN7 for revalidation procedure.)

The part I bolded is of concern for our case since we are looking at an interview almost a year from when we filed the petition.

It's just not good advice to tell someone to not send a simple letter or pick up the phone.

4-26-06 Married Cebu, Philippines

I-130 (wife & step daughter)

5-05-06 sent

5-08-06 received

5-20-06 Noa#1 (notice date)

5-25-06 Noa#1 (mail recieved)

5-31-06 (touched)

7-12-06 (touched) received email....cases transfered to CSC

7-13-06 (touched)

7-17-06 received NOA in mail (transfer notice)

7-19-06 CSC received petitions

7-20-06 (touched)

7-21-06 (touched)

7-22-06 (touched)

8-03-06 APPROVED (via email)

8-04-06 (touched)

8-06-06 (touched)

8-08-06 received NOA#2 in mail(sent to NVC)

NVC

8-17-06 NVC received and assigned case #s

8-28-06 ds-3032 and aos bill generated (sent out same day)

9-06-06 ds-3032 accepted (email) - resent for cr-2

9-18-06 IV bills received and express mailed

9-20-06 received AOS in mail

9-21-06 AOS sent

9-23-06 (touched)...weird

9-25-06 ds-230 generated

9-30-06 ds-230 received in mail

10-3-06 ds-230 mailed to nvc

10-17-06 CASE COMPLETE!!!

12-26-06 Case sent to manila

12-30-06 Rececieved Packet 4

2-01-07 St. Lukes complete

2-8-07 INTERVIEW!!!!!! AR-need to submit photos of step daughter

2-10-07 Mailed photos to embassy

2-13-07 Photos arrive at embassy

2-21-07 Photos made it out of mail room to case worker!!

3-07-07 Delbros text...VISAS released from embassy

3-09-07 VISAS IN HAND!!!!!!!!

3-29-07 Arrived in Newark (POE)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

Jazzy

Can you give us the source of your information?

Hi,

Well, for now my husband is on his DART night...We can give the information soon as he arrive. We'd been through a lot of this process and I know he knows, what he is talking about. He research everything...all information before he posted in every forum.

Jasmin

I concur with Jazzy's statement. There is no need to call or fax the embassy about extensions. When I called the 800 number for the embassy call center, I asked about the extension requirement for the petition I submitted for my fiancee, at the time, since the 4 months was near approaching. They told me that as long as the embassy has my petition, it will be extended by the embassy due to the backlog in the Philippines. Good luck.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today is the 10th and it is almost that time of the month where the Embassy will be giving out interview dates for March!!!

Ok, everyone lets start praying for me!!!! (And everyone else who is waiting for interview too)!!! :dance::thumbs::innocent:

MNL2006820XXX

March 14th (Medical)

March 21st (Interview)

Chicago / Tuguegarao City

Hey guys let us not argue with anything, this forum give us knowledge to deal with our immigration application, We come over here to hear advice, When somebody give us advice its up to any people to follow the advice, You'll feel on your application what needs to be done. If you guys want to send a fax or give a call to US Embassy to have the application extended do it by disregarding other opinion. Jazzy is only telling his opinion and telling to follow it or not its up to us. We all got one objective to be with our loved ones. Peace.

PW u missed my post, My wife and son was approved last Jan 5, Visa was released already by the embassy and still awaiting delivery from Distribution Center for Delbros.

Hi,

Jazzy

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Yes embassy need it, My wife lives on 3 places so we put it per instructions. Goodluck

Do I really need to get A POLICE CLEARANCE TO ALL THE PLACE THAT I LIVE IN SINCE IM 16th YEARS OLD?CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT?THANKS!

N-400:

08/04/2018 - Online Application Completed!

ROC @ CSC:

06/08/2018 - Mailed Application at USPS.

06/09/2018 - Delivered at USPS P.O. Box.

06/25/2018 - Check has been cashed.

06/25/2018 - NOA1 (USPS).

03/08/2019 - Case Txt/Email Notification for activity.

03/08/2019 - Fingerprint Waived.

03/18/2019 - Letter Notification Received for Biometrics waived.

06/03/2019 - Received Biometrics appointment notice  (usps). (notice date 05/24/2019)

06/04/2019 - Sent request to reschedule biometrics appt for 1 day delivery using usps since wife is out of the country.

06/05/2019 - ASC center received request to reschedule biometrics.

07/23/2019 - We ordered your new card online status!

07/24/2019 - Case Approved online status.

07/31/2019 - Received Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.