windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

would anyone be able to provide info on where I can find more "sample questions" for the k1 interview? I looked on VJ , got some, but I need more examples. would anyone be able to help? Maraming SalamaT! Thanks! :luv:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
would anyone be able to provide info on where I can find more "sample questions" for the k1 interview? I looked on VJ , got some, but I need more examples. would anyone be able to help? Maraming SalamaT! Thanks! :luv:

Here's the list I've been compiling:

VISA Interview - Sample interview questions:

· What is your full name?

· What is the full name of your petitioner (fiancé)?

· What is your relation to your fiancé?

· How did you meet your fiancé and when?

· Did you meet on a website? Which one?

· Why did I join that website?

· Why did you choose him instead of other guy?

· Did you meet in person, when?

· How many times did he visit you?

· How long did he stay here?

· Where did you stay when he was here?

· When was the last time he saw you in person?

· Do you have any pictures together?

· How do you communicate?

· When do you intend to get married?

· What is the job of your fiancé?

· Where does he work?

· Was your Fiancé married before?

· Does your Fiancé have kids?

· Does he have siblings (brothers or sisters?

· Nature of his job? His position?

· Tell me about your fiancé?

· What is your fiancé’s birthday and how old is he?

· Where does you fiancé live?

· When is your birthday, how old are you?

· Are you working, what job?

· Did you ever work outside the country?

· Is this your first VISA?

· Have you traveled to any other countries before?

· Do you have relatives in the US?

thanks garya.

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
well, it s about my NBI clearance...i have one since april 2006, my interview is on feb...do i need to get a new one which is recent and closer to my date of interview?

clearance here in Phil is good for one year, so mine is not expired yet...buut. just want to make sure if the USE would require me a recent one..

thanks,

fel

Hi Fel,

I think I read it somewhere that it should be a recent as 6 months, so I would recommend getting another one just to be on the safe side. :star:

And, just a reminder, the NBI clearance needs to be stamped "for foreign travel" or "for US travel", or something like that.

gary and steve,

thanks...what about my police clearance?it s good for 6 months here and i got mine last november ...

thanks again

fel

Hi Fel,

Here's what it says on the Manila Embassy website regarding the NBI Clearance:

NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). An official letter of explanation from the NBI is required for any notation of “No criminal record”, No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.” NBI is located along Taft Avenue in Manila. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for a year from the date it is issued.

I think I got the 6 months somewhere on VJ because you never know how long the process will take. If yours is as recent as November, you are fine. :star:

Hope that helps ease your mind a little. :P These last details are driving us all crazy.

Timeline
hi all!!!

it will be my first international flight this coming jan 27th and as much as im so excited to finally be with my babe at last i also cant help being nervous and worried being alone too... just wondering if there's someone on vj has the same flight as me. il be flying PAL 8:10 AM on the 27th bound to hong kong and has a connecting flight to United Airlines going to San Fran as my port of entry... Anyone??? thanks

PS

any reminders/advices what to expect especially arriving at my POE??? is very much appreciated

I can't help you with the joining you on the flight, though I don't blame you for looking for a travel companion, that flight is long and boring. However I've flown into SF often and can tell you the immigration officers are very friendly and helpful (I'm U.S. citizen but I've heard good stories from immigrants also) and the customs officers are friendly, even when they hold you to look through your luggage. You shouldn't have any problems. Incidentally be prepared for a possible long walk between gates at Hong Kong, that airport is huge. It actually took my wife and I a half hour to walk to our departure gate.

that's why I decided to have my fiancee fly PAL direct to SFO. she'll be flying with her daughter and want to make it as easy as possible for her. I'll be picking them up at SFO.

PAL is the best way too go for the direct flight. @ 46,746.00 PHP (956.42 USD) one way the cost is not bad for the not needing too change planes.

I try too sleep on the long flights or watch a movie or read. But sure I have made friends with the persons setting next too me also.

Holy Cow! That much??? That's about what I paid to fly to the Philippines round trip from LAX on Cathay Pacific back in April. I was counting on finding a one-way ticket for under $600, especially since I'm going to need to buy one for Jinky and her 5 year old son, Job.

Did you look into your fiancee purchasing the ticket over there? I believe you'll save some money that way as well.

Hi guys

All the documents are "hand carry" aren't they?

No documents have to be transmitted electronically?

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Hi guys

All the documents are "hand carry" aren't they?

No documents have to be transmitted electronically?

for the interview, they will be hand submitted the day of the interview.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

hi all!!!

it will be my first international flight this coming jan 27th and as much as im so excited to finally be with my babe at last i also cant help being nervous and worried being alone too... just wondering if there's someone on vj has the same flight as me. il be flying PAL 8:10 AM on the 27th bound to hong kong and has a connecting flight to United Airlines going to San Fran as my port of entry... Anyone??? thanks

PS

any reminders/advices what to expect especially arriving at my POE??? is very much appreciated

I can't help you with the joining you on the flight, though I don't blame you for looking for a travel companion, that flight is long and boring. However I've flown into SF often and can tell you the immigration officers are very friendly and helpful (I'm U.S. citizen but I've heard good stories from immigrants also) and the customs officers are friendly, even when they hold you to look through your luggage. You shouldn't have any problems. Incidentally be prepared for a possible long walk between gates at Hong Kong, that airport is huge. It actually took my wife and I a half hour to walk to our departure gate.

that's why I decided to have my fiancee fly PAL direct to SFO. she'll be flying with her daughter and want to make it as easy as possible for her. I'll be picking them up at SFO.

PAL is the best way too go for the direct flight. @ 46,746.00 PHP (956.42 USD) one way the cost is not bad for the not needing too change planes.

I try too sleep on the long flights or watch a movie or read. But sure I have made friends with the persons setting next too me also.

Holy Cow! That much??? That's about what I paid to fly to the Philippines round trip from LAX on Cathay Pacific back in April. I was counting on finding a one-way ticket for under $600, especially since I'm going to need to buy one for Jinky and her 5 year old son, Job.

Did you look into your fiancee purchasing the ticket over there? I believe you'll save some money that way as well.

on PAL website. one way from Manila to LAX 28326p adult, 22,564p child for a total of about 1120 USD. that's if you book 30 days in advance.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
hi all!!!

PS

on PAL website. one way from Manila to LAX 28326p adult, 22,564p child for a total of about 1120 USD. that's if you book 30 days in advance.

Thanks, Rob! :star:

Timeline
hi all!!!

PS

Steven, Check the website www.philippineairlines.com I checked 2 days ago. The one way is 25,000php with taxes included. Cathay Pacific is 66,000php go fiure. Cliff.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

hi all thanks for the replys/help!!! my final stop is in denver and my ticket cost only $655 inlucding tax and my fiance purchased it in orbitz (he couldnt wait for me to go my local travel agency. it would have been cheaper here in phil. lol)... true that its more likely convinient to go straight but economy wise, not really unless if one should really have to... tickets will go lower by feb i think since holiday season is over so i hope ul get a good deal!!!

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
Anyone going to St. Lukes for medical this week? Lilia will be at St. Lukes this week on Jan 9,10, 11. She will be staying at Executive Plaza Hotel. She is open to meet any of you who will be there for dinner etc. Let me know and I will send her cell # so you can meet.

Hi there, I am planning to go there on the said week period and have an early medical exam. I would be glad to meet up with your fiance. I live within the Manila area so it will be easy to meet up with her.

"Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in the heart."

TIMELINE

05-11-2006 Filed I-129F

05-19-2006 CSC Received the Case

06-23-2006 RFE (07-03-2006 e-mail)

08-01-2006 Received response for RFE (08-02-2006 e-mail)

09-12-2006 RFE (09-12-2006 e-mail)

09-27-2006 Received response for RFE (09-28-2006 e-mail)

10-16-2006 Case Approved by CSC (10-18-2006 e-mail)

11-03-2006 NVC Received the Inquiry about the case and just recently forwarded the case in Manila (MNL2006805***)

11-08-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received files electronically

11-18-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received actual files

12-21-2006 Packet 4 Received

01-10-2007 & 01-11-2007 SLEC Medical Examination (Done ahead of the Original Schedule of February 14, 2007)

02-21-2007 Interview (APPROVED!)

02-28-2007 VISA ON HAND!

03-01-2007 CFO Completed

03-10-2007 Flight to US (LAX as POE)

Timeline
hi all!!!

PS

Steven, Check the website www.philippineairlines.com I checked 2 days ago. The one way is 25,000php with taxes included. Cathay Pacific is 66,000php go fiure. Cliff.

Thank you! That is a big difference. I will say though that Cathay Pacific's service is excellent, although I've never flown on PAL. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.