windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

wow! expensive indeed! i never had to send anything via postal service yet since there's always someone i know leaving for phils. so i just have them bring it for me. and since i've taken so many trips the past year, i usually bring them (PAL elite member in under a year haha). she did however had to send me DS230 documents. she used LBC and cost about 1,400 pesos around $30 but it didn't arrive here in the US as LBC but UPS. so i guess it's the same cost both ways. package was sent from makati to california so it may cost more if it's a different location. my advice is to find someone you know/trust that is flying to phils soon and ask them for a favor unless you're in a rush there may not be any other alternatives.

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys n gals, would anyone be able to provide me with experience with mailing stuff (ie: documents) over to do Phils, cause I use US postal service, usually when I send documents I have no trouble but about 45% of the time he doesnt get it, and I need to send copies of stuff over there for interview ,anyone use another service? Also , for the interview does he need original items; ie cards he sent me, and vice versa? Do I need to send original paystubs? Thanks!

Fed-Ex and UPS are expensive. USPS international rates are ok, but once it leaves the USA you are at the mercy of PhilPost. I sent a package and paid for 4 to 7 day delivery, it arrived after 1 month. I sent 2 boxes surface rate on October 16th and still waiting for delivery. Although I have not used USPS Global Express, I guess it's worth a shot.

02-20-07 INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED!!!

02-27-07 Visa Delivered (Makati)

02-28-07 Arrive Tucson, Thanks God!

03-13-07 Got marriage license

03-16-07 Apply for SSN

03-29-07 SSN received

04-21-07 Wedding Tucson Botanical Gardens

05-02-07 Mailed AOS

05-03-07 AOS received Chicago

05-11-07 NOA1 receipt

05-29-07 Bio appt

05-30-07 touch

07-02-07 interview letter snailmail

08-27-07 INTERVIEW!

Timeline
My finanee called DHL yesterday asking about her packet; they said they needed too look it up. Today she called them back, they said: they have it, they tried too deliver a month ago. She will go pick it up now. We should have the correct date soon. :thumbs:

Thanks Victor

28..vic&el4ever.....09-07-06..09-27-06..xx-xx-xx..02-01-07..2006-768xxx

Question on the packet4 delivery from the Embassy. Are all packets sent through DHL? Mira is still waiting for her packet, (interview 2-20). We are getting a little concerned. Any suggestions? :help: In Cabadbaran Agusan Del Norte

Yes its DHL and its slow. Our interview is 2/13 and we just got our packet in CDO a few days ago.

Timeline
hi guys n gals, would anyone be able to provide me with experience with mailing stuff (ie: documents) over to do Phils, cause I use US postal service, usually when I send documents I have no trouble but about 45% of the time he doesnt get it, and I need to send copies of stuff over there for interview ,anyone use another service? Also , for the interview does he need original items; ie cards he sent me, and vice versa? Do I need to send original paystubs? Thanks!

Fed-Ex and UPS are expensive. USPS international rates are ok, but once it leaves the USA you are at the mercy of PhilPost. I sent a package and paid for 4 to 7 day delivery, it arrived after 1 month. I sent 2 boxes surface rate on October 16th and still waiting for delivery. Although I have not used USPS Global Express, I guess it's worth a shot.

I used USPS Global Express for an envelope which cost me about $16 and they told me 4 to 5 days. It was 12 days. It will get to Manila in like 2 or 3 days and then I think they take it on horseback the rest of the way. :lol:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent an International Express USPS envelope for Jinky and it arrived about 5 days later. She's in Cebu. The catch was she went to the post office directly. I think I paid about $18.

If you want to ake sure it gets there, i suggest FedEx or UPS as those packages and letters are tracked. The only package that I sent that did not make it was USPS and not a tracked package. I'll let yo know about the Honolulu POE in late Feb if our interview and Visa delivery work out as we hope. We should be going through the POE on 24 Feb. Ken

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

FYI - on shipping using USPS.

Global Express Guaranteed®

Now you can prepare your expedited international shipments online

Global Express Guaranteed is an international expedited shipping option from the U.S. Postal Service and FedEx. It offers you reliable, date-certain shipping to thousands of destinations in nearly 200 countries/territories worldwide.

This service is available from nearly 8,400 participating retail locations throughout the United States. Please check the Participating Post Offices to find the post office nearest you that accepts Global Express Guaranteed mailings.

Print a Global Express Guaranteed label with or without Postage. (Registration Needed)

Order supplies online at www.usps.com/shipping, by fax at 1-800-270-6233, by phone at 1-800-610-8734 or at a Global Express Guaranteed participating post office.

If your local post office is not currently a participating service location, you are encouraged to speak to your postmaster about expanding service so that it may be locally available to you.

https://sss-web.usps.com/gxg/jsps/index.jsp

You'll save money if you use the USPS. For an envelop that's less than one pound, the cost is about $33.

A 2 pound package will cost you about $20 more.

Edited by Steven_and_Jinky

Hi Guys, please help

the D156

the yes / no questions on page 2

the second question, have you been denied admission specifically

Tita was denied a travel visa in 1993, is that the same as being denied admission. I personally think it is not the same. I would think that being denied admission would be like you left Philippines and arrive in USA and you have to turn around and come back for a serious offense.

Is that a reasonable interpetation?

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

DHL Global is very reliable and Phil customs does not open or examine the contents. Other carriers are subject to phil customs opening at least that is the info I got from a friend that runs a postal store and ships worldwide for his customers.

I used DHL to send my wife documentation for her interview and it was couriered right to her door step and I was able to track it the entire time.

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Hi Guys, please help

the D156

the yes / no questions on page 2

the second question, have you been denied admission specifically

Tita was denied a travel visa in 1993, is that the same as being denied admission. I personally think it is not the same. I would think that being denied admission would be like you left Philippines and arrive in USA and you have to turn around and come back for a serious offense.

Is that a reasonable interpetation?

yes, you are right. being denied tourist visa has no effect. denied admission would be if you were refused admission at a POE to USA. that's my understanding of it.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

We had the same problem, but Jen was only getting stuff maybe 10-percent of the time through USPS to Makati. For the final important stuff (original pay stubs, my BC, tax transcripts, etc. for the aff. of support) I used Fed Ex, it got to her door in 3-days. Expensive as Heck, but it got there. I've also heard DHL works good.

I guess it depends where in the Phils you are. Sheryl is in the provinces on Mindanao. There is no DHL service to there. Fed-Ex delivers but the price starts at $500.00 :lol: So really we have no other option other than USPS. I guess we have been lucky *knocks wood*. Sheryl has received everything I have sent her through USPS. For important documents I have used Global Express service through USPS. Had no problems at all. I guess the Phils postal service in the provinces is just more reliable.

DeanIwait, that's not true about FedEx....I work for Fedex here in the states and I pay only $5.83 per package and it is delivered in 3 days....just kidding, they are very expensive but they are the fastest carrier...

Oh it's true. If I had $500 fall out of my butt every time i sat down I might use them. :lol: The guy at the Fedex office kept checking the price for me and he couldn't believe it. I was trying to send Christmas presents last year in a fairly small box. I told him Philippines and he said fine whats the zip code for her town. I gave it to him. He said OMG the price starts at $500! Then he said wait give me that zip code again. I did and he said yup that's the price. And I of course said never mind. I have called DHL and they informed me that they do not deliver to her town. If your fiancee lives out in the provinces and not in a major city you will find that Fedex, DHL and UPS either don't go there or it costs so much you might as well fly there and hand deliver it yourself. Wait actually thats what I'm going to do with our required docs for her interview. :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

well, it s about my NBI clearance...i have one since april 2006, my interview is on feb...do i need to get a new one which is recent and closer to my date of interview?

clearance here in Phil is good for one year, so mine is not expired yet...buut. just want to make sure if the USE would require me a recent one..

thanks,

fel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
well, it s about my NBI clearance...i have one since april 2006, my interview is on feb...do i need to get a new one which is recent and closer to my date of interview?

clearance here in Phil is good for one year, so mine is not expired yet...buut. just want to make sure if the USE would require me a recent one..

thanks,

fel

Hello Fel and Frank

I just noticed that your interview is on 2/16 my fiancee will also be at the embassy on the same date , best of luck to you

steve

thanks,

fel

Hello Fel and Frank

I just noticed that your interview is on 2/16 my fiancee will also be at the embassy on the same date , best of luck to you

steve

thanks, if her name is ana, we'll be sharing a room on the medical maybe, if not, we'll have a fellowship with all the vj n wof members on the 25th, if they can make it :) but, we'll be there with mari(erichu)

fel

Timeline

thanks,

fel

Hi Fel,

I think I read it somewhere that it should be a recent as 6 months, so I would recommend getting another one just to be on the safe side. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.