windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
A friendly advice, My tip to pass on: If you have the time and the money, do what we did and have a private medical exam done a few months before the St. Luke's medical exam. That way you are sure and your SO will feel more comfortable and confident.

Hey, I sent my fiancee for a checkup and she went to an OB-GYN! Is this a hint? :blush:

Edited by garya505

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Hey guys, can someone post a sample copy of the DS-156K and DS-157 forms together with the way you guys have filled it out? Just want a couple of references, just to make sure I won't mess up in filling out mine. Any information you guys can share will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

"Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in the heart."

TIMELINE

05-11-2006 Filed I-129F

05-19-2006 CSC Received the Case

06-23-2006 RFE (07-03-2006 e-mail)

08-01-2006 Received response for RFE (08-02-2006 e-mail)

09-12-2006 RFE (09-12-2006 e-mail)

09-27-2006 Received response for RFE (09-28-2006 e-mail)

10-16-2006 Case Approved by CSC (10-18-2006 e-mail)

11-03-2006 NVC Received the Inquiry about the case and just recently forwarded the case in Manila (MNL2006805***)

11-08-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received files electronically

11-18-2006 Called USE-Manila, Received actual files

12-21-2006 Packet 4 Received

01-10-2007 & 01-11-2007 SLEC Medical Examination (Done ahead of the Original Schedule of February 14, 2007)

02-21-2007 Interview (APPROVED!)

02-28-2007 VISA ON HAND!

03-01-2007 CFO Completed

03-10-2007 Flight to US (LAX as POE)

Timeline
that s a good news rob bout her health...though she will have a new appointment, ull just to wait more and be patient :) uve been so patient :whistle:

im looking for hotels now near the embassy, my fiance booked my flights already. he is looking for a place for me too where i could stay near DFA and St. Luke...ill have my passport renewed then medical exam will follow...

Is CFO office just around the area?ill attend the seminar first before the renewal.

any suggestions for places to stay?

thanks

My fiancee's cousin stayed at this place and my fiance will probably stay there for her CFO and medical exam. It is walking distance to St. Luke's.

Cherry Blossoms Hotel

(ATM nearby, Robinson’s Mall nearby)

550 J. Bocobo Street, Ermita, Manila

Tel. (632) 524-7631 or 524-7636

E-mail: blossoms@i-manila.com

Manager: RODNEY C. ROBOSA

Premium: P1250

Superior: P1673

Deluxe: P1855

2 level Suite: P1915

Suite: P3025

Breakfast included

I have compiled a list of hotels in the area if anyone wants to see it.

I have heard good and bad things both. Does anyone here have any personal experience with this hotel? What would you rather give it a :thumbs: or a :protest: or would you rather hit yourself in the head before going there again? :bonk:

Thanks

Attached is the Manila Embassy Thread Packet 4 modified to correctly state the DS-157 Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application form is validated by the bank when paying the visa application fee. Please reference page 1 and last sentence in number 1 of packet 4. The Manila Embassy Thread's packet 4 may be reference in my signature #2.

Cheers!!!

Ahmari & Jhen

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Hey, I sent my fiancee for a checkup and she went to an OB-GYN! Is this a hint? :blush:

Hmmmm!!!! Maybe... What did she say? :whistle: LOL!!!

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
hi all!!! just arrived from manila and 2 days no sleep lol... but the good news though is that we're approved!!! thank GOD!!! and to all of you guys thank you so much too!!! it's been a great journey i hope for those who'll have the up coming interviews!!! God bless you all!!!

ron/may

congratulations ronway!!!!

AOS JOURNEY

2007-05-07 (PM) Married

2007-05-09 AOS package sent

2007-05-10 AOS delivered to Chicago IL (day 1)

2007-05-15 NOA (not rcved in the mail) (day 6)

2007-06-01 Biometrics Notice in the Mail (day 23)

2007-06-27 Biometrics (day 49)

2007-06-20 Interview Notice Issued (day 42)

2007-06-23 Interview Notice in the Mail (day 45)

2007-08-10 Interview 10:00 am Sn Francisco (day 93) Approved

2007-08-21 Greencard received

Removal of Condition

2009-06-19 - sent

2009-06-25 - received

2009-06-26 - cheque cash

2009-07-17 - notice date

2009-08-14 - Biomentrics

2009-09-08 - Approved

2009-09-08 - 09-15 Card production ordered (email)(day 82)

2009-09-17 - Approval notice sent (email)

2009-09-19 - 10 year greencard received (w/wrong information)

2009-09-21 - I-90 sent

2009-11-04 - Card Production Order

2009-11-09 - Approval Notice received

2009-11-10 - Touched

1009-11-14 - Replacement 10 years greencard received (55 days)from filing expired 11/09/2019

sbqwolf called my attention to my not working links (in my signature). I uploaded the links in a different site so here they are again.

Note for the CFO stamp (if you went to the seminar before your interview):

> photocopy your certificate of attendance. They will ask for a photocopy when you get your stamp. That way, you don't have to go outside to photocopy it and lose your place in line.

> your fiance will not be allowed to go inside the CFO building with you when you go there to get your stamp.

Note for the Interview:

> for the finger scanning, they were calling out the names on the day i had my interview. Others said that their numbers were flashed in the queue boards. So whichever way they do it, bottomline is one has to pay close attention. :yes:

CFO seminar

USE layout / interview experience

hope this still helps.

Edited by sillygirl

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Best birthday gift that I got this year.. I called NVC today and my packet left for Manila on Dec 22nd. Manila Embassy received it on Dec 27!!! Wooohooo!!! :dance::dance: Please update my timeline.. Next wait is for the Packet 4 that they'll send to my fiance right? Thanks a lot for all your help. :)

October 1996-We met during college days.

April 24, '97-Started our relationship.

June '97-Kayz migrated to US

April '99-June '99 - Kayz trip to Philippines.

February-March '06 - Kayz 2nd trip

September-October '06 - Kayz 3rd trip

October 2006- Engaged!!

November 14, 2006 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 16, '06 - NOA-1

December 14, '06 - Touched 3 times and it's APPROVED !

December 20, '06 - NVC received.Case# MNL2006854XXX

December 27, '06 - Manila Embassy received

February 26,'07 - Packet 4

APRIL 2-3, '07 - Medical

APRIL 13, '07 - Kayz 4th trip to

APRIL 16, 2007 - INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!

April 25, '07 - CFO Seminar

May 1, '07 - Flight to USA together,POE-LAX

May 7, 2007 - Wedding!

June 8, 2007 - AOS/EAD sent

June 11, '07 - Received at Chicago

June 15, '07 - NOA's

June 20, '07 - Touched (AOS/EAD)

June 29, '07 - Touched (EAD)

July 13, '07 - Biometrics

July 16, 17, '07 - Touched (AOS)

July 24, 2007 - AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28,30,31 '07 - Touched (AOS)

August 17,19 '07 -Touched (AOS)

August 28, 2007 - EAD card received

September 10, 2007 - GC received exp. date 9/4/09

July 8, 2009 - I-751 Sent to VSC

July 10, 2009 - VSC received

July 16, 2009 - Check Cashed

July 17, 2009 - Biometrics Letter (8/8/2009)

August 8, 2009 - Biometrics done

November 21, 2009 - Approval Letter received dated 11/17

as of 26 Dec 06

Phil-Am K1 Information…

Pre NOA2

(K1 Introduction) - If you are just starting your K1 visa journey, please check out this information provided by the Department of State (DOS) on the K1 visa experience (CLICK HERE). I found this information very insightful when I first started. Please note that the “How to Apply for a Social Security Number Card” section is incorrect because K1 visa beneficiaries may ONLY apply for a SSN card upon arriving into the United States. Please also review VJ's K1 guide (CLICK HERE)

(Case Status) - Once you have filed your case and received your case number, please register on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website using the Case Status Online Tool to receive emailed updates concerning your case (CLICK HERE). NOTE: If you want emailed updates to multiple addresses then you must create multiple customer portfolio accounts. When your petition is approval (NOA2), this tool is of no further use to you until after the beneficiary arrives in the states, get’s married, applies for the Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization Document, (EAD), and/or Advance Parole (AP) because this tool does not track the activity being performed at the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Manila Embassy.

Post NOA2

(1). The National Visa Center (NVC) number is within my signature. NVC assigns your case number once your case is approved (NOA2). They also may perform a preliminary background check from what I’ve read then forwards your package/case to the Manila Embassy. This process usually takes anywhere from 14 – 30 days.

(2). The Manila Embassy (USE) Packet 4, the phone number, a visa interview testimony, along with a sample Appointment Letter are within my signature block. NOTE: Packet 4 can be acquired from the Manila Embassy website which gives directions on what documents are required by the beneficiary for the visa interview. Starting 01 November 2006, ALL nonimmigrant visa applicants must use the online Electronic Visa Application Form (EVAF) to complete the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application). To date, only the DS-156 has the barcode (on the first and last page) and is the ONLY form available online at http://evisaforms.state.gov. You may complete the DS-156K (Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application) and the DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application) (this is the form the bank validates when you pay the visa application fee) via the computer, type-writer, or handwritten. Hopefully the Manila Embassy will update their packet 4 information to clearly indicate how the forms are to be completed. If you need to call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for the Immigrant Visa Unit. The average interview appointment is assigned approximately 100 – 150 days from the receipt of your package from the NVC. Beneficiaries are now sent a letter of receipt from the USE once their physical files are received. However, this is NOT Packet 3 because the Manila Embassy ONLY issues Packet 4, and the letter of receipt is not always sent to the beneficiaries. Please also check out this instructional visa interview information (CLICK HERE) (Thx Sillygirl)

(3).The Department of State (DOS) number is within my signature. After your case is approved (NOA2) and reaches the Manila Embassy, you may call DOS instead on the Manila Embassy to obtain status of your case and make inquiries concerning your interview date. NOTE: DOS has no direct participation in the K1 process.

(4). The Visa Interview Appointments website is within my signature (the beneficiary's interview appointment and medical exam will be scheduled by the USE). NOTE: Please do NOT press enter after the case number is entered because that will not yield a result. Please click on the "Check Appointment" tab. If the appointments have been scheduled, the following will be available: Case Number, Visa Classification, St. Luke’s appointment Date, and Embassy Appointment Date, but if the appointments are NOT scheduled yet, the result will be "Case Number Not Found on Appointment List."

(5). St. Luke’s Extension Clinic (SLEC) information is within my signature. SLEC is where the beneficiary goes to take the medical exam and vaccination. The process takes two days. Day 1 is the medical exam and Day 2 is the vaccination. If the Manila Embassy does not mail the beneficiary the K1 Visa Packet and Appointment Letter, then call SLEC to arrange to pick them up at SLEC. NOTE: The beneficiary's medical exam will be scheduled one week before the visa interview by the USE. Per the Manila Embassy Thread, we recommend that the beneficiary takes the medical exam anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before the interview to ensure the results are available for the Consular Officer and to prepare in the unfortunate event of unfavorable medical results. The beneficiary may reschedule the appointment with SLEC or walk-in with the appointment letter and/or NOA2 (don't forget to bring the passport and medical exam fee).

(6). The DELBROS website is within my signature. DELBROS is the company responsible for delivering the beneficiary’s Visa and POE information. The DELBROS delivery fee is paid subsequent to the beneficiary’s visa interview at the Manila Embassy. Per the Manila Embassy website, the current delivery fee/time is as follows:

* Metro Manila Areas, 135 Philippine Pesos, Delivered one (1) to three (3) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Provincial Key Cities (ex. Cebu City, Davao City, etc.) 165 Philippine Pesos; Delivered three (3) to five (5) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

* Outside Provincial Key Cities, (ex. Capiz, Leyte, Bukidnon, etc.), Cost depends on area/location, Delivered five (5) to seven (7) business days after release of visaed passport to the courier

NOTE: Per the DELBROS staff, the Manila Embassy can take as much as three (3) business days to release the visa and POE package, which is NOT included in the deliver times above. You may also call the Manila Embassy, dial 0 for the operator, and ask for Delbros, after the visa is approve, to acquire about the status of your visa delivery.

(7). CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminars are held in Manila and Cebu, with the corresponding links within my signature. The beneficiary may attend whichever location is more convenient. "Per Republic Act 8239 and Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Order 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancé(e)s and spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling programs... " For more info (CLICK HERE). NOTE: This requirement is not stated within the K1 packet. However, the beneficiary can NOT travel without receiving the Guidance and Counseling Certificate and subsequent CFO stamp on the visa. Please check out this instructional information on the PRISM Guidance and Counceling Seminar experience (CLICK HERE) (Thx Sillygirl)

(8). The I-94 Arrival / Departure Form is within my signature. Foreigners (beneficiaries) complete the I-94 and the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer stamps the applicant’s visa and the arrival and departure portions of the I-94 at the Port of Entry (POE) when entering the States. The CBP Officer will keep the arrival portion and staple the departure portion of the I-94 to your visa where they stamped the beneficiaries arrival date. You will need this for the Adjustment of Status process. NOTE: Even though it’s simple, I have supplied this so you will know what it looks like and what is required to be filled out.

Cheers!!!

Ahmari & Jhen

NOTE: The red text indicates the recent updates/chages. Please let me know if there are any suggestions. I have also correlated the numbers above to my signature below.

Timeline

ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!

Our baby was born today in dumaguete we named her cheyanne ariel she was born between 1am & 2 am phil time. :dance:

Only surprise is the :bonk: Dr. that did the ultra sounds kept saying boy so we bought all boy clothes and i was just about to paint the nursery blue.

I am so happy everything is ok now i can relax a little, i've been so nervous unable to be there during the delivery.

Now just waiting for our interview and bring my girls home.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Gobdogman...

That is so wonderful... Congrats!!! You must be so excited. Very good news!!! Thank you for sharing and Happy New Years to you and yours...

Ahmari & Jhen

ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!

Our baby was born today in dumaguete we named her cheyanne ariel she was born between 1am & 2 am phil time. :dance:

Only surprise is the :bonk: Dr. that did the ultra sounds kept saying boy so we bought all boy clothes and i was just about to paint the nursery blue.

I am so happy everything is ok now i can relax a little, i've been so nervous unable to be there during the delivery.

Congratulations gobdogman! Happy New Year to you and your girls! :)

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :dance::dance:

October 1996-We met during college days.

April 24, '97-Started our relationship.

June '97-Kayz migrated to US

April '99-June '99 - Kayz trip to Philippines.

February-March '06 - Kayz 2nd trip

September-October '06 - Kayz 3rd trip

October 2006- Engaged!!

November 14, 2006 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 16, '06 - NOA-1

December 14, '06 - Touched 3 times and it's APPROVED !

December 20, '06 - NVC received.Case# MNL2006854XXX

December 27, '06 - Manila Embassy received

February 26,'07 - Packet 4

APRIL 2-3, '07 - Medical

APRIL 13, '07 - Kayz 4th trip to

APRIL 16, 2007 - INTERVIEW DAY! APPROVED!

April 25, '07 - CFO Seminar

May 1, '07 - Flight to USA together,POE-LAX

May 7, 2007 - Wedding!

June 8, 2007 - AOS/EAD sent

June 11, '07 - Received at Chicago

June 15, '07 - NOA's

June 20, '07 - Touched (AOS/EAD)

June 29, '07 - Touched (EAD)

July 13, '07 - Biometrics

July 16, 17, '07 - Touched (AOS)

July 24, 2007 - AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28,30,31 '07 - Touched (AOS)

August 17,19 '07 -Touched (AOS)

August 28, 2007 - EAD card received

September 10, 2007 - GC received exp. date 9/4/09

July 8, 2009 - I-751 Sent to VSC

July 10, 2009 - VSC received

July 16, 2009 - Check Cashed

July 17, 2009 - Biometrics Letter (8/8/2009)

August 8, 2009 - Biometrics done

November 21, 2009 - Approval Letter received dated 11/17

Hey guys, can someone post a sample copy of the DS-156K and DS-157 forms together with the way you guys have filled it out? Just want a couple of references, just to make sure I won't mess up in filling out mine. Any information you guys can share will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!

there are examples on VJ. perhaps if you posted what you have a question about, someone could give you a suggestion.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.