windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

its officially CHRISTMAS here in Phil so MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!! wishing the rest of our Visa Journey be full of Possitve outcomes and approvals!!!

GOD BLESS to everyone!!!

ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those US Citizens that plan to accompany their asawas from the Philippines to the United States:

If the US citizen is accompanying the visa holder back to the United States, the visa holder may fall in the same line as the US citizen when clearing immigration at the POE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I had Lilia see a qualified doctor this morning in Makati Medical Center. He said she has mild bronchitis. He gave her a prescription for cephalexin and a decongestant. No signs of TB. He will check her again prior to her return trip to St. Lukes.

Rather than a nurse arbitrarily "kill" our interview and have Lilia return Jan 9, 10 & 11 for more tests, it would have been so easy to let her pay for a doctor in St. Lukes to see her to clear the medical. What a buch of horse$hi^.

Just a note for those of you who have medicals/interviews coming, don't go to St. Lukes with any congestion and cough. It is lethal to the interview. Plan your medical early and make sure your loved one is healthy prior to going. If by chance they (God forbid) should actually have TB, it can't be covered up by antibiotics, allergy medications etc.

Nice work Rob. :thumbs:

I gave my fiancee a head's up that if she has a cold or something we can portpone the medical rather than risk having the interview canceled.

This seems odd to me because St.lukes doesn't cancel interviews. They just work the Embassy, they may tell them that the medical wasn't complete or whatever. The dealing of the interview date is done with the embassy and should be handled by the petitioner calling the Embassy.

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

Timeline

Still very busy in here huh PW? I haven't posted much, i have been doing wedding and travel stuff. Only 4 more days until she gets here :clock:

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

Timeline
This seems odd to me because St.lukes doesn't cancel interviews. They just work the Embassy, they may tell them that the medical wasn't complete or whatever. The dealing of the interview date is done with the embassy and should be handled by the petitioner calling the Embassy.

I am considering letting Lilia go forward and attend the interview on the 28th, even though her medical is not yet cleared. I am thinking that the case of a quick rescheduling might be better if she talks to the CO in person and explains that she still has some tests to clear at St. Luke's. Am I dreaming to think they might just tell her to come back as soon as her medical is clear?

I can't bear the thought of getting a new date 3 months away over the phone and then appealing for an expedited interview through channels. Can anyone tell me the flaw of sending her ahead on the 28th to see the CO in person?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all, thanks too for the great help in a difficult and awkward time.

Rob

Edited by robhankins

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

I am considering letting Lilia go forward and attend the interview on the 28th, even though her medical is not yet cleared. I am thinking that the case of a quick rescheduling might be better if she talks to the CO in person and explains that she still has some tests to clear at St. Luke's. Am I dreaming to think they might just tell her to come back as soon as her medical is clear?

I can't bear the thought of getting a new date 3 months away over the phone and then appealing for an expedited interview through channels. Can anyone tell me the flaw of sending her ahead on the 28th to see the CO in person?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all, thanks too for the great help in a difficult and awkward time.

Rob

If she goes and the interview has been canceled, my guess is she wouldn't be able to see a CO.

Edited by roymcn3rd

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline

Rob

If she goes and the interview has been canceled, my guess is she wouldn't be able to see a CO.

I am thinking what Windchaser said sounds correct. St. Luke's doesn't have the facility to cancel interviews.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Did you call the Embassy to verify if interview has been canceled? I'd call to verify the interview date.

Filed: Timeline

Rob

I tend to agree with Windchaser's point; St. Lukes does not have the right or ability to cancel

an appointment (even if it pertains to the Manila Embassy) hence my agreement with Rob's idea

of having his fiancee showing up at the interview as scheduled. Even in the event (which would

take a miracle considering the level of inefficiency of the USE) that St. Lukes has communicated

their need for multiple tests to the USE; she still has her appointment letter which would get her in front of the Consul and consequently an interview. Worse case scenario approval of visa

delayed pending completion of medical tests. Even then your delay would be significantly reduced. Stay cool Rob dont be overly zealous with this; it really is a minor detail. God bless

and Good Luck

to everyone here in manila embassy forum

boy toy and I would like to wish each and everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year ahead. It'll be our first month wedding anniversary tomorrow (christmas day) double celebration :). our thoughts and prayers are with all you guys.

:D

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

to everyone here in manila embassy forum

boy toy and I would like to wish each and everyone a very merry christmas and a happy new year ahead. It'll be our first month wedding anniversary tomorrow (christmas day) double celebration :). our thoughts and prayers are with all you guys.

:D

Happy Anniversay and Merry Christmas! wishing everyone here a most joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Timeline

Hi there,

What's the fastest, cheapest and safest way to send money to the Philippines? any recommendations would be appreciated.Hope to get your reply right away.Thanks and Merry christmas everyone!!!!!!

Larry

Timeline

Jan 22, 2007 Arrived in USA

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

March 31, 2007----- Submitted AOS and EAD package

April 6, 2007 ------ Package received at USCIS

April 11, 2007 ----- NOA1 ( AOS and EAD )

April 25, 2007 ------ Biometrics

April 26, 2007 ------ Touched

May 21, 2007 ------- NOA 2 ( AOS )

June 13, 2007------- Receive email from Cris, EAD Card Production ordered

June 14, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 18, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

June 23, 2007 ------ EAD card received in the mail

July 11, 2007 ------- Initial interview ( Denver, CO ) approved- Thank God

July 17, 2007 ------- Received Welcome Notice in the mail

July 18, 2007 ------- Email Notice from Cris " Production of Card Ordered"

July 27, 2007 ------- Green Card received- God is so Good!

115590570280508.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.