08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I will also attend the interview.

What exactly do you expect to accomplish with this measure? Especially when you are told to wait outside while your girl is interviewed individually. I've heard more bad experiences than good with fiancees attending the interview. (i.e. the dude in the Metallica t-shirt copping a bad attitude and pissing everyone off at the embassy)

I think you misunderstand. I do not plan to storm the office of the CO and demand entrance. I will attend the interview process as far as I am invited. I don't plan to wear Metalica clothing, piercings, mohawk or any other. I will be there for as much support as possible. This is very important to me. The last thing I would want to do is piss anyone off. :yes:

That's a brilliant idea Rob.....just make sure that at the interview you remain quiet unless the CO ask you

a question. You will be fine.

In either case the CO will know you are there. My lawyer also told me that it's a plus to be there.

I agree, your presence is a postive show of support and dedication to the relationship, assuming you smile nicely and don't cause a ruckus. This is why I have traveled to see Jen three-times in the last six-months, and even brought my parents with the last time for the families to meet. I decided that I was not going to allow the system to dictate when I was going to visit her and when I wasn't. Unfortunately all my vacation is now spent, and X-mas tickets to the RP are way, way expensive, so being there with her on Dec. 5 for the interview is out of the question.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

hi guyyyyyyyyyyys im blaaaaaaaaackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :D

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Where have you been? I want ALL the sordid details! LOL

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Where have you been? I want ALL the sordid details! LOL

LOL! YYB has better details because somehow they let here through customs with her whips and chains for her "Boytoy!" LOL! :D

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

LOL! YYB has better details because somehow they let here through customs with her whips and chains for her "Boytoy!" LOL! :D

That's funny. BTW, Jenalyn recognized your fiancee at the CFO seminar thing, but whe she asked her if she was "Uling's" fiancee, she didn't say anything. I guess my gal comes on a little strong and scares people!

-- Charles M. Province

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let me clear up the BC problem.....You HAVE to go thru the Local Registry to get anything corrected. Local NSO cannot do it unless you are talking to the Main Manila Branch. Even so they tell you to go thru the LR. If anyone says otherwise they did it thru a fraud. When you get it corrected it takes 3-4 months to do it the right way. The correction will be typed out but it looks like ####### and it's no wonder the Embassy doesn't like them. :wacko: Best bet is to get 3 or 4 copies when you correct it, also keep the papers they send you verifying they changed your BC. Maybe you can get away with some hack changing the BC on NSO paper but if they put you on review and the government checks the records you are in serious trouble, because only the NSO in Manila can change it in the computer with the permission of the LR.

The only other way is if you have contacts high up like a Mayor or something and you want to spend money. But if someone says they can change it at the Local NSO they are lying.....This is from experience

Not sure what you guys are talking about the diff between a NSO BC and a BC on NSO paper. The one from Manila was the same one we got from Cebu.

BTW, My Fiancee isn't coming over until after Christmas. She wants to spend it with her family before she moves over here. She hasn't seen her mom and dad for about 7 months. It will be a lonely Christmas. :cry::clock: But i will see her it a month! :thumbs:(L)

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

That's funny. BTW, Jenalyn recognized your fiancee at the CFO seminar thing, but whe she asked her if she was "Uling's" fiancee, she didn't say anything. I guess my gal comes on a little strong and scares people!

LOL! Sometimes my Baby is a little bingi (deaf... LOL!!!) or Jhen was focused on something else!!! Darn... I'm going to ask her because it would have been cool if they would have connected.

Edited by Uling

Ok I guess I might as well add my BC worries. On my fiancee's BC they had originally spelled her dad's name wrong. The LR at the time simply crossed through it and and hand wrote in the correction. The LR has documented this with a letter explaining the correction was done in good faith by the LR at that time and that my fiancee's BC is true and correct. My fiancee went to the NSO where she was told that since it was not her name that was corrected there was no need to correct it and that the NSO BC she has is the official record. They also added that the USE would not have a problem with it. We can only hope but I'm not sure NSO really knows what the USE is and is not ok with. We don't know really what else to do other than show up and hope for the best.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Let me clear up the BC problem.....You HAVE to go thru the Local Registry to get anything corrected. Local NSO cannot do it unless you are talking to the Main Manila Branch. Even so they tell you to go thru the LR. If anyone says otherwise they did it thru a fraud. When you get it corrected it takes 3-4 months to do it the right way. The correction will be typed out but it looks like ####### and it's no wonder the Embassy doesn't like them. :wacko: Best bet is to get 3 or 4 copies when you correct it, also keep the papers they send you verifying they changed your BC. Maybe you can get away with some hack changing the BC on NSO paper but if they put you on review and the government checks the records you are in serious trouble, because only the NSO in Manila can change it in the computer with the permission of the LR.

The only other way is if you have contacts high up like a Mayor or something and you want to spend money. But if someone says they can change it at the Local NSO they are lying.....This is from experience

Not sure what you guys are talking about the diff between a NSO BC and a BC on NSO paper. The one from Manila was the same one we got from Cebu.

BTW, My Fiancee isn't coming over until after Christmas. She wants to spend it with her family before she moves over here. She hasn't seen her mom and dad for about 7 months. It will be a lonely Christmas. :cry::clock: But i will see her it a month! :thumbs:(L)

Here is what an authentic changed BC looks like IzaBirthCertificateClip.jpg

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Details, details, details Uling and YYB! :whistle:

Edited by sillygirl

AOS Journey

08 Dec 06 - mailed AOS, EAD, AP

15 Dec 06 - received 3 NOA1s in the mail

23 Dec 06 - received biometrics appointment letter in the mail

29 Dec 06 - received email stating that AOS was transferred to CSC

03 Jan 07 - Biometrics appointment

09 Jan 07 - AOS & EAD touched

17 Jan 07 - AOS touched

20 Jan 07 - AOS touched

24 Jan 07 - got AOS CARD PRODUCTION email!

26 Jan 07 - got welcome email

29 Jan 07 - got approval notice email

29 Jan 07 - Green card in the mail!!!

12 Mar 07 - 1st job interview

14 Mar 07 - 1st day @ work!

Lifting of Conditions

25 Oct 08 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

31 Oct 08 - Check cashed!

03 Nov 08 - Received NOA dated 10-29-08

26 Nov 08 - Biometrics appointment - a day before we leave for the Phils, whew!

06 Jan 09 - 10yr GC approved!

10 Jan 09 - 10yr GC received

St. Luke's Medical procedure click here

Interview experience click here

CFO (PRISM) experienceclick here

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rob, that stamp is just like the one on my wife's bc that got us an AR. She produced another paper along it that were signed authorizing the change but they still wanted another copy from NSO. Maybe if you go into that interview with enough NSO copies the consul will have a heart.

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Anybody else get a similiar letter?

We received the fiancée visa petition (I-129F) from the State Department's National Visa Center (NVC) on October 25, 2006. No appointment has been scheduled as yet, but the case is already queued for scheduling of a visa interview appointment. Because of our heavy volume of fiancé(e) visa applications, the waiting time for a visa interview at present is approximately 150 days from receipt of the petition in Manila .

We will inform you of the interview date as soon as it is scheduled. We will mail an appointment packet with information and instructions to apply for a visa about 30 days before the scheduled interview.

A list of immigrant and fiancé(e) visa cases that have been scheduled for an interview is available at our website at http://philippines.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html. You may check the interview date at this Internet address, where appointments scheduled for the current month and the following month are listed according to case numbers. The list is updated in the middle of each month. You need not wait for the hard copy of the appointment letter and can proceed based on the posted appointment time, downloading the application forms from our website, as needed.

If you would like to inquire further about the status of the visa case, you may contact the Embassy's Visa Call Center at telephone 1-909-101-7878. This number is for subscribers of PLDT and Smart telephone touchtone landlines with national and international distance dialing features (NDD or IDD access). Callers in the USA can contact the Call Center at 1-888-877-9888. The Call Center is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Manila time). There is a fee assessed to callers by the Call Center for its services.

Immigrant Visa Correspondence Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Manila

1201 Roxas Boulevard

Manila , Philippines

Telephone: (632) 528-6300

Fax: (632) 338-4129

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The wife carried a new nso bc up to window 17 at the embassy today. They told her the visa will be released to debros as soon as the consulate finishes reviewing the document. My wife said it is exactly like the first one she took to interview just a bit cleaner without wrinkles coming directly from NSO Quezon City.

I was impressed my wife was able to get another copy from NSO within 24 hours, I'm so proud of her.

I thought what if you were to take that nso copy and have a large poster board of it printed up? Maybe a 3 foot by 3 foot, can you imagine the looks on their face if the girls come carrying that into the interview ;-)

More waiting. ;-)

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.