windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

:wacko:

You know I love her, but each time I ask her she gives me a different answer.

:P Yea I know exactly what you mean :jest:

I'm not sure if its our language communication or what, but I have the same problem.

Things like...I'll see her friend in the web cam while chatting with her.

I'll ask, "Who is that sweety?" She says "Friend" Then I have to say...."I know that.... what is her name?"

She always replies with an answer that requires at least one more question. Get's frustrating, hehehe! Almost like she does it on purpose :bonk: Good thing I'm crazy about her (L)

Good luck to you,

Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheheheh!!! well i think just be more specific, when theyare used to that they will definitely answer your questions directly!! I think time will be of the essence!!!hahahah!!! Just give them time to adapt!!! We Filipinos tend to be general in nature!!! Like where are you going??? THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! LOL!!! And especially if your fiancees are not accustomed to american people/ foreigners for that matter eversince. ;-)

elizabeth

Edited by elizabeth

His promises are always true!!
HE is not a man that He should lie.He is not a son of man that He would change His mind.When He speaks, He acts, when He promise He fulfills. Numbers 23:19

January 17, 2011 Sent petition I-130 for my mother
February 14, 2011 Approved petition from the USCIS (Vermont)
March 02, 2011 Received letter from NVC
March 05, 2011 Payment cleared
March 06, 2011 sent the DS3032 via email to NVC
March 09, 2011 received confirmation regarding the Choice of Agent
March 10, 2011 received the IV Fee invoice via email
March 16. 2011 sent check via USPS
March 18, 2011 received e-mail regarding the IV Fee payment and the package for AOS
March 25, 2011 sent the supporting docs for AOS (DS-230 and Civil Docs)
April 15, 2011 received RFE
May 11, 2011 Case Completed
May 27, 2011 Received E-mail from NVC about the INterview Date
July 6, 2011 Interview Date

hehehe! Well said Elizabeth! Thanks! Mike

2_us1.JPG

May 1,2006 Went to Philippines and married my sweety.

----------------------------------

Case completed at NVC 12-01-06 Yaaaaay

Received Interview date notice Feb 6

Physical Feb 20-21 (Went well!)

Interview date March 19"

Be sure to print out a copy of silly girls famous ST. Lukes step by step story.... Its fantastic and made it incredibly easy for my wife to go through the 2 day procedure. I will go find it and put a link.... here it is:

http://www.raymonddouglas.com/visa/medical.pdf

Do yourself a favor and print this out and take it with you to your physical....You'll be glad you did!!

Entered USA 06/06/2007

-----------------------------------------

Naturalization

Sent N-400 on 3/11/10

They received 3/15/10

Cashed Check 3/19/10

Received NOA 3/29/10

Received bio notice 4/05/10

Early biometrics 4/14/10 different from

the date assigned (Original BIO date was 4/27)

Received interview date notice 5/19

Interview 6/24

Oath 8/13 Done.... and DONE!!!! :-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think it would be so fun if a bunch of us got together someday for a weekend someplace and tell our stories. I think we really all need to keep in touch here.

I have been just a little frustrated with NVC. My petition was approved from CIS in California and supposedly sent to Vermont, this was on October 16. Still no MNL number and its been over a month. I will be calling daily to get an answer.

Thanks for all your support

Dave and Fleur

7/4/05 - Met

4/16/06 - Went to Visit her in Manila

4/18/06 - Proposed to her at Baloy Beach Resort, Zambales, Subic Bay

4/27/06 - Sent to Nebraska Service Center

5/02/06 - I-129F Filed

10/17/06 - Petition approved in California Service Center and sent to NVC in New Hampshire

12/11/06 - NVC New Hampshire Received Case (FINALLY)!!!!!!

12/12/06 - Called today and got our MNL2006845xxx

12/19/06 - Case Arrive in Manila

02/28/07 - K-1 Packet arrived to my sweety

03/26/07 - CFO Seminar/needs to go back to after interview for sticker

03/29/07 - St Lukes Medical.

04/03/07 - Arrived for second time to be with my sweetheart....

04/11/07 - Interview Date----PASSED with flying colors......St Lukes was a little pain..but we fought em...

05/12/07 - My baby and I got home today POE Seattle Flight home arrived at 11:45AM.

Flight from Manila to Seoul was great, then a 12 hour layover in Seoul, that sucked big time. Flight to Seattle from Seoul was long and the plane was warm too. Once we got to Seattle it was so worth it.

06/08/07 - Got married in Everett WA

07/19/07 - Filed for AOS

10/15/07 - NOA for AOS

12/06/07 - Interview for Green Card approved in Seattle, good for 2 years.

12/18/07 - Green Card in the mail...wooo hoooo...will apply in 2 years for conditions removal.

07/01/08 - We had our first baby..Renae Sofia Reynolds 8 lbs 3oz-C-Section.

In the end, if they want to put you into AR, it is their perogative.

Sounds like you just proved my luck-of-the-draw thing. The arbitrariness of the whole situation drives me crazy. If you draw a CO who feels like being a jerk-off because he thinks messing with someone's life gives him a rush, then your screwed. It is supposed to be the embassy just double-checking that everything on my I-129F looks legit, but then you have some local-yokals acting like columbo when there is no mystery.

Edited by BJZags

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline

OMG....We didn't know about a cenomar! It amazes me that I have an atorney and he has said nothing of this! Where does she get a cenomar?

If never married, a Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper should be submitted. You may call the NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 or visit the NSO webpage at https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp to secure a CENOMAR (Singleness).

What does the NSO security paper look like, and how exactly can we tell if the CENOMAR and BC we have is on NSO security paper? :help:

i do think that BC/CENOMAR varies in colors. last 2002 i think the color of my BC from the NSO was green with 3 stamps on the front but the DFA took it for my passport. then i get another one this year colored pink (the paper itself) over top by some yellow colored ink, with no stamp this time. so colors or stamp doesnt really matter as long as you took it from the NSO itself (knowing there's a barcode and registered no# at the bottom), so the embassy might check that barcode whether what you have is a fake BC or not (just my guesses). i dont know about the CENOMAR though...

Thanks for the info. I think I'm reading here that only the NSO office in Manila issues the BC and CENOMAR on NSO "security paper", and that the paper is rather distinctive-looking.

Does anyone know if you can order this through a local NSO office or does it have to be requested at the Manila office?

[/quote

try to call NSO helpline 027371111 to order :thumbs:

I already know you can order online or by phone from Manila. What I want to know is, can my fiance go to her local NSO office and order the BC and CENOMAR on NSO security paper from the NSO in Manila.

Yes, she can get her BC and CENOMAR at her local NSO office. It's cheaper than ordering online. I got mine from NSO Davao City i ordered 2 copies of my BC and one for CENOMAR.

Lara

Were yours on NSO security paper?

Yes, Mine are in NSO security paper which I got from our local NSO office here in Davao City.

Lara

Timeline

Jan 22, 2007 Arrived in USA

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

March 31, 2007----- Submitted AOS and EAD package

April 6, 2007 ------ Package received at USCIS

April 11, 2007 ----- NOA1 ( AOS and EAD )

April 25, 2007 ------ Biometrics

April 26, 2007 ------ Touched

May 21, 2007 ------- NOA 2 ( AOS )

June 13, 2007------- Receive email from Cris, EAD Card Production ordered

June 14, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 18, 2007 ------ EAD touched

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

June 23, 2007 ------ EAD card received in the mail

July 11, 2007 ------- Initial interview ( Denver, CO ) approved- Thank God

July 17, 2007 ------- Received Welcome Notice in the mail

July 18, 2007 ------- Email Notice from Cris " Production of Card Ordered"

July 27, 2007 ------- Green Card received- God is so Good!

115590570280508.gif

Timeline

My packet 4 was delivered by DHL today :dance::dance: .

Im getting more excited :D .

Lara

Timeline

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

June 21, 2007 ------ EAD email from Cris, USCIS has sent notice on the mail that EAD is approved

115590570280508.gif

Timeline
:dance: Im so happy for you Miss Lara.. :dance:

I hope mine will arrive soon.. ;)

Roxy

Yours will come very soon Roxy :D .

Timeline

Jan 27, 2007 Wedding Day

---- AOS -------

115590570280508.gif

Timeline
I wanted to post regarding our AR because of an amended bc on NSO paper issued by NSO to my wife. I called and spoke with the embassy this morning and they told me my wife just needed to provide another NSO copy of her bc because the consulate officer was not happy with the copy she provided in the interview, no reason given just wasn't satisfied with it.

My wife went to the NSO office in Quezon City today and she will pick up another copy of her bc at 10am tomorrow morning. She was instructed by the consular officer to bring the new bc to the embassy at 1pm tomorrow. The part that gets me is, the embassy will still take 4 to 6 weeks to complete their internal investigation where they may request their own copy of the bc from the nso to complete their review. Embassy said once the review is completed they will release the visa to delbros for delivery. Now we are back to playing timeline games and my wife is going to live with her aunt in Makati city and wait on delivery or a letter from embassy because she beleives the visa will be released in a matter of days. She said the consulate officer (lady) was very nice and smiled and laughed with her then stuck it to us..ha

We did this by the book, paperwork was perfect, it just blew up in our face over her father's name being changed several years ago on the bc. If I had any advice I would say to include a visit during the medical to the NSO office in Quezon City to request several copies of your BC, CENOMAR and/or marriage certificate so that your wife/fiance can pull extra nso copies out if her bc or any other document is challenged. In the end, if they want to put you into AR, it is their perogative.

You can also request by web, pay with cc and have it delivered in 9 to 12 days locally according to their site.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

wish us luck,

You guys can tell me if you think this will work or not. I am ordering one copy of Lilia's birth certificate online and having it delivered directly to the USE in NSO envelope with our MNL file number on the address. Lilia will order one additional copy (other than the one she currently has) from NSO on NSO paper in unopened NSO envelope. Hopefully, the one mailed from NSO will find its way to our file prior to the interview. We will have one additional copy from NSO in unopened envelope from NSO PLUS the one she already has in her file. I will also attend the interview. These are all the measures I can think of to head off what appears to be almost automatic AR.

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not a bad idea Rob. We spend so much time to make sure our documentation we are sending our wife's is perfect most of us never think of an NSO issued document getting challenged. I would think to have extra copies at the time of interview will help. The only thing I don't understand is why the embassy would ask my wife to bring another one if they are going to take 4 to 6 weeks to request their own copy from manila cso???

Then again, not much about this whole process makes sense to start with. It is sad that so much fraud puts the legitimate people through this extra waiting. Oh well, a new day and we will make it. :whistle:

You guys can tell me if you think this will work or not. I am ordering one copy of Lilia's birth certificate online and having it delivered directly to the USE in NSO envelope with our MNL file number on the address. Lilia will order one additional copy (other than the one she currently has) from NSO on NSO paper in unopened NSO envelope. Hopefully, the one mailed from NSO will find its way to our file prior to the interview. We will have one additional copy from NSO in unopened envelope from NSO PLUS the one she already has in her file. I will also attend the interview. These are all the measures I can think of to head off what appears to be almost automatic AR.

04/25/2006 l married Cebu Philippines

11/28/2006 l Interview US Embassy Manila

12/15/2006 l Received k3 VISA

12/27/2006 l POE Detroit USA - Home!!!

AOS - Dallas DORA

07/17/2007 l AOS Interview - accepted into DORA 90 day program

09/06/2007 l Biometrics Appointment Dallas Texas

10/15/2007 l AOS Approved - received "Welcome to the United States" Letter

10/23/2007 l Received Greencard "Permanent Resident Card"

next: lift greencard 2yr condition June/2009 / goal: US Citizenship - 2010

I will also attend the interview.

What exactly do you expect to accomplish with this measure? Especially when you are told to wait outside while your girl is interviewed individually. I've heard more bad experiences than good with fiancees attending the interview. (i.e. the dude in the Metallica t-shirt copping a bad attitude and pissing everyone off at the embassy)

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline

What exactly do you expect to accomplish with this measure? Especially when you are told to wait outside while your girl is interviewed individually. I've heard more bad experiences than good with fiancees attending the interview. (i.e. the dude in the Metallica t-shirt copping a bad attitude and pissing everyone off at the embassy)

I think you misunderstand. I do not plan to storm the office of the CO and demand entrance. I will attend the interview process as far as I am invited. I don't plan to wear Metalica clothing, piercings, mohawk or any other. I will be there for as much support as possible. This is very important to me. The last thing I would want to do is piss anyone off. :yes:

03/20/2006 - I-129F - Sent FedEX

03/28/2006 - NOA 1 (Receipt) - NOA issued from CSC

07/03/2006 - RFE (Receipt) - RFE Received

07/07/2006 - RFE and Waiver Request - RFE arrived at CSC

09/01/2006 - NOA2 - USCIS Email - Approved w/Waiver

09/22/2006 - Electronic Version - Manila - Embassy Received

12/13/2006 - Packet 4 Received via DHL

12/21/2007 - Medical St. Lukes

12/22/2006 - St. Luke's canceled medical in progress - required additional tests in Jan for upper respiratory congestion.

12/28/2006 - Interview Canceled because of congestion and cough during medical at St. Lukes

01/09/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/10/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/11/2007 - St. Luke's for 3 consecutive days of "sputum tests and finish medical"

01/12/2007 - St. Luke's for pulmonary exam - EVERYTHING CLEAR

01/15/2007 - St. Luke's for vaccinations and release of medical to USE

02/26/2007 - Interview APPROVED - 11+ months for K1 Visa

03/05/2007 - Visa in hand

03/05/2007 - CFO Completed

03/06/2007 - Arrived in Dallas

04/29/2007 - Married in Dallas

I attended the interview with Marlene. I was not told to wait outside. I sat next to her during the entire interview. I also think it is a positive thing to do.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

Just to clarify, a NSO certified birth certificate is not the same as a birth certificate issued by the NSO and printed on NSO security paper (whatever that is!).

I have the feeling that is what is happening is people are showing up with corrected or amended BCs issued by local NSO offices, and that due to the amount of fraud going on, the Embassy is requesting BCs from the NSO office in Manila which are always printed on NSO security paper to make sure it is legit.

The NSO things is causing quite a stir.

Let's see if this will help:

A childbirth is recorded in the local civil registrar's office of the town or city where he/she was born. With this registration, the parents get a copy of the child's BC. This BC is just printed on ordinary legal sized paper. The civil registrar's office then forwards this record (or copy of the BC) to the National Statistics Office (NSO).

Now, when we talk about the certified NSO BC, it's a given that it will be printed on the NSO security paper (or NSO Secpa). The NSO will not issue a BC that is not printed on their Secpa.

It won't matter which NSO office you got it from (be it in Davao, Cebu, Manila, etc) as long as it is an NSO office. Take my case for example: I was born in Manila, registered in a local civil registrar's office there but I got my NSO BC from an NSO office in another province. i didn't have any problem with it. :)

My fiancee has a BC from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro and it is NOT on security paper.

Really??? wow that must be something. NSO offices should issue BC on their security paper ( well all NSO local offices issues BC on security paper) :thumbs: . Not unless you ask from your local civil registrar - then they will give you a BC that in no the security paper.

Gary - it may be that ( welll most probably) your fiance went to the local civil registrar not to the local NSO office coz they are separate offices and issues BC on different papers. :unsure:

No, both her BC and CENOMAR are from the NSO in Cagayan de Oro. First she said they were not on security paper, now she told me she doesn't actually know what security paper is so she is not sure. You know I loce her, but each time I ask her she gives me a different answer. :huh:

She did say they are yellow and not plain paper. But she has a friend with a BC from NSO in Ozamis and it's blue! :o

She also has a BC from the local registrar which looks different from either of those.

OK then she got both the BC from NSO and from the local civil registrar. THe paper from the local register is just the regular bond paper or so but with the NSO it has a NSO logo on the upper left corner of the paper and the signature of Administrator and Civil Registrar General -NSO on the lower right corner of the paper. Don't worry she got both i think!

Well there are also people who are not much in paper works so we people who are very into that well I think what we coould do is that be very descriptive - ask your fiance those details and also take a look at the scanned BC posted by dims1. Or best is you ask your fiancee to scan the BC and send it to you so that you can take a look at it :thumbs: Regarding the color- it doesn't matter it's the prerogative of NSO or their rule to issue whatever color it is. Earlier I was talking to my officemate and she just got her passport and she said her BC is color yellow then i showed her my BC and it's color green. :whistle: whatever!!! Just as long as you got it from NSO office - that will suffice!!! :thumbs:

OK, after about an hour on the phone discussing the BC and CENOMAR paper, I still wasn't sure if the BC and CENOMAR were on security paper. :lol:

So, my fiance brought them to the cafe to show me in camera. They ARE on the yellow paper with background pattern, multicolor stripe on top and bottom, and blue NSO seal on upper left. I believe these are on NSO security paper.

heheheheh!!! well i think just be more specific, when theyare used to that they will definitely answer your questions directly!! I think time will be of the essence!!!hahahah!!! Just give them time to adapt!!! We Filipinos tend to be general in nature!!! Like where are you going??? THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! LOL!!! And especially if your fiancees are not accustomed to american people/ foreigners for that matter eversince. ;-)

elizabeth

Like this?

ME: "Is the BC on plain paper or does the paper have a pattern in the background like a bank check?"

HER: "Yes"

or

ME: "You have 2 BCs, one from your hometown and one from NSO in Cagayan. Does your friend Maria's BC look like one of those?"

HER: "The same"

:huh:

Actually what I've read about Manila is that you may or may not be allowed in the actually Q&A session with the CO. Some petitioners actually report that THEY get asked questions, but some report that they are asked to stay out. In either case the CO will know you are there. My lawyer also told me that it's a plus to be there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.