windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok let me clear this up! :yes: The reason Uling says not to take the Medical too early is because from the time you take the medical, they fill out the sheet, you have a 6 months expiration date on the form/medical you need for your Civil Surgeon to fill out your report for your adjustment of status after marrying. Otherwise you have to take a medical exam over again, the old medical won't be valid, According to USCIS.

It Just saves money and hassle. Speaking of which, make sure you get a copy of your medical exam report form(forgot the actual number) as you will need it in the near future.......Did i miss anything Uling?

BTW, if you want you can also call the USE and they will send the Part of the packet for the medical but i don't see much need for that either if you have everything done already and you have a copy of the NOA2 or something to ID. My fiancee took hers a little less than 2 weeks before the interview. I would echo taking it 2 or 3 weeks ahead of time if it's not too much trouble. You can go anytime you want, it is first come first serve. :thumbs::D

so i'm lost, we are saying don't take it too soon, but don't take it too far away from the interview? What is ideal? and I am not sure of the specific reasons why a week away from the interview date is a bad thing?

Because the government and people dealing with Immigration are slow! :lol::yes: Correct me if i'm wrong but i think they send them out on friday like most places in the Philippines.

Edited by windchaser_4

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

So, lets say about 30 days after the physical you leave the Phils, and assuming a 90 day AOS after US arrival, that's 4 months. So, that means a physical exam anytime within about 2 months before interview would still be valid. But you never know, your departure from the Phils could be delayed ...

I was hoping for an "official answer" on this too. Now I have heard that the medical expires in 6 months. I've also heard 1 year. I know we are getting ahead of ourselves here. But, I was of course really hoping we will have NOA2 within the next 30 days. I was then going to have Sheryl go to Manila in December for her medical and CFO. The reason so early you might ask? She has a friend who is an OSW and she will be home in Manila in December. So she would have somewhere to stay and have someone to go with her to her medical and CFO. If not most likely I would have her go with one of her sisters and stay in a hotel. Just trying to save a little money here.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Just trying to save a little money here.

LOL -- If I was trying to do that, I would have stayed single. It seems like immigration is like just about anything else in American, it costs money, and more money. Sometimes I feel as if there are fees on-top-of fees and I will be swallowed alive. Thankfully the ATM network is alive 24-7. But I suppose it has been a good lesson as well. It has sure taught us that it will take more than a single-income (at least in my case) to get ahead in America.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

Timeline
I was hoping for an "official answer" on this too. Now I have heard that the medical expires in 6 months. I've also heard 1 year. I know we are getting ahead of ourselves here. But, I was of course really hoping we will have NOA2 within the next 30 days. I was then going to have Sheryl go to Manila in December for her medical and CFO. The reason so early you might ask? She has a friend who is an OSW and she will be home in Manila in December. So she would have somewhere to stay and have someone to go with her to her medical and CFO. If not most likely I would have her go with one of her sisters and stay in a hotel. Just trying to save a little money here.

Doh I'm sorry it is 1 year. :blush:

Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

I think i got it confused with the Visa valid for 6 months :blush:

Edited by windchaser_4

ME MIC.GIFFiancee PHI.GIF

-----------------------------------------

Day 1---- 6-13-2005 Sent I-129f in

Day 77--- 8-29-2005 NOA2

Day 106---9-27-2005 Manila recieved case

Day 445---9-01-2006 Interview date(AR).........Waiting

Day 499--10-25-2006 Case sent back to Embassy for review

Day 529--11-24-2006 Recieved Visa from Delbros!

Timeline

Hello Fellow VJers!

Prayers do get answered!!

I got an email back from my Congressman's representative.

"After reviewing our case it has been APPROVED!"

Contacted the representative to make sure my eyes weren't just seeing things (I'm sick with a cold right now!). He said that the embassy will contact him and possible have him pick up the visa and passport (??)

even though he has paid Delbros. Geez, I don't care if they drop it from a Hot Air Balloon - as long as he gets it!

I woke Leonardo up at 4:45 AM with the good news! Of course he is still in a fog and has a silly grin plastered on his face, just like me!

Will call back in a couple of hours and 3way call to tell his Nanay.

OH what a happy day.

Don't know any more details than that right now.

Hope to be married by Christmas and then off to Hawaii for New Years Eve! :D:D:D:D

(L)(L)

Timeline

Doh I'm sorry it is 1 year. :blush:

Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

I think i got it confused with the Visa valid for 6 months :blush:

Oh in that case it seems like you could get the physical exam as soon as you get the NOA2 and there should be no problem with the date.

US embassy in Manila received petition from NVC on 10/13/06, my honee got a LETTER from US embassy in Manila saying they have approved petition from d embassy about less than a week ago in d mail.(he lives in Marikina City) Letter says will contact him with instructions and interview date...etc etc. Gud luck, Luzy shud be hearing from them soon, I am sure! Gud luck and God Blezz! :innocent: :energetic:

mailed out aos and ead 7/13/2007

aol and ead packet received per usps 7/16/2007

checks cashed 07/26/07

noa 1 FOR EAD RECEIVED 07/27/07

noa 1 for aos received 07/28/07

biometrics 08/15/07

ead card ordered 09/20/07!!!!

ead card received 10/01/07! finally!

aos case transferred to California Service Center 10/03/07!

received "Welcome to the United States of America I-797 11/05/07!(dated 10/30/07)!

Permanent Resident card received 11/05/07 (dated 10/31/07)! THank u LorD!

Will file for 10 year GC End of July/Early August 2009!

Removal of Conditions:

Mailed I-751 overnight mail to Vermont Service Center 09/10/09

VSC received the I-751 Packet 09/11/09 About 12 pm Local time

Check was cashed as of Sept 16th 2009

NOA Received 09/19/09 dated 09/14/09

I-797 Appointment Notice received 10/01/09 dated 09/25/09 (Biometrics)

Got they 10 year GC approval letter in the mail dated 01/08/10! yehey!

10 GREENCARD RECEIVED 01/20/10

Citizenship.......maybe............or maybe stay a permanent resident .......................

6771903_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Hello Fellow VJers!

Contacted the representative to make sure my eyes weren't just seeing things (I'm sick with a cold right now!). He said that the embassy will contact him and possible have him pick up the visa and passport (??)

even though he has paid Delbros. Geez, I don't care if they drop it from a Hot Air Balloon - as long as he gets it!

I woke Leonardo up at 4:45 AM with the good news! Of course he is still in a fog and has a silly grin plastered on his face, just like me!

OH what a happy day.

Hope to be married by Christmas and then off to Hawaii for New Years Eve! :D:D:D:D

(L)(L)

yay happy day! :) hope we will all be hearing happy news soon as well :D yay!!!!!!!!

04-24-09 I-130 Application received by USCIS

04-29-09 Received NOA1

08-17-09 Approved

08-20-09 NOA2 Received

08-26-09 NVC Received

08-27-09 Case Number Assigned

titakey - Congrats! By the by, K1 Visas are only delivered by hot air ballon to celebrates, royalty, and some heads of state. LOL! Cheers!!!

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

US embassy in Manila received petition from NVC on 10/13/06, my honee got a LETTER from US embassy in Manila saying they have approved petition from d embassy about less than a week ago in d mail.(he lives in Marikina City) Letter says will contact him with instructions and interview date...etc etc. Gud luck, Luzy shud be hearing from them soon, I am sure! Gud luck and God Blezz! :innocent: :energetic:

I hope it will be here soon,thanks! (F)

Hello Fellow VJers!

OH what a happy day.

(L)(L)

yay happy day! :) hope we will all be hearing happy news soon as well :D yay!!!!!!!!

Hello Ann..sounds you really sex..err excited huh. :P .joke!Im happy that you almost there..Hey..napanaginipan kita last night..we both in US embassy and having the interview,,then You scream and your so happy coz you got yours approved and you did congratulate me for my approval too!wow..premonition?yes I hope!I dont know why I dream of you?haha..Your so pretty in your yellow dress,lalo kang pumuti!!You kiss me sabay hug(naks!).Im so happy for you Ann..I will say a prayer for you and your sweetie in my rosary every night .

Goodluck girl! (F)(F)(F)

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Other Timeline

titakey...congratulations :thumbs:

***TIMELINE***

September 2005-met on net

Nov 27, 2005- fiance's visit

Dec. 7, 2005-fiance left

January 25, 2006-File I-129f

Feb. 1, 2006-NOA1

April 2006-RFE

May 9, 2006-NOA2

May 17, 2006-Forwarded to Manila

Case#MNL20066351XX

May 22, 2006-Consulate Receives

June 16 2006- k packet sent by USE through delbros

*(waiting for packet)*

Interview date given on June 19 2006-PLDT 1-909-101-7878=SEPTEMBER 21, 2006 @ 6:30am

medical=September 11-12, 2006

CFO- day before flight.

Interview-September 21, 2006 (On AR)

October 25, 2006- submitted lacking documents

November 25, 2006- Visa Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Fellow VJers!

Congratulations Titakey! Yey!

I-130

March 29, 2006 - sent the I-130 petition

April 4, 2006 - Notice of Action (receipt of I-130 petition)

Sept 1, 2006 - APPROVED

Sept 15, 2006 - NVC assigned case number MNL2006******

Sept 25, 2006 - NVC sent AOS bill and DS-3032 to Petitioner and Beneficiary

Oct 2, 2006 - Received AOS bill from NVC

Oct 2, 2006 NVC confirmed my choice of agent (thru email)

Oct 2, 2006 - sent check for AOS bill

Oct 4, 2006 - DS 3032 accepted (NVC recording)

Oct 9, 2006 - IV bill generated

Oct 19, 2006 - Received IV bill

Oct 23, 2006 - Received I-864

I-129F (K3)

April 11, 2006 - filed I-129F petition

April 14, 2006 - Notice of action (receipt of I-129F petition)

July 25, 2006 - I-129F petition approved!

Sept 20, 2006 - K3 packet received (dated Sept 18)

Nov 6, 2006 - Medical Exam, 7 am

Nov 13, 2006- K3 visa interview, 7 am

Dec 1, 2006 - Flight to SFO

Adjustment of Status

Jan. 29, 2007- Applied for Adjustment of Status, OKlahoma City District Office Rapid Adjudication Program (D.O.R.A.)

Interview went well; Approved!

Feb 6, 2007 - Received I-797C (Receipt Notice)

Feb 12, 2007 Received schedule for Biometrics (Feb 27, 2007)

Feb 27, 2007 Biometrics schedule

March 27, 2007 GREEN CARD in the mail!

hello,

I have two questions about getting parental advice.

Dhonn went to the civil registrar with her parents today and filled out the Advice Upon Intended Marriage form. The thing is we are not sure the civil registrar notarized the form. Dhonn did not sign the form. Her parents signed their names and the registrar signed their name in the place it said "subscribed and sworn to before me this 3rd day of november 2006 at tagum city, davao del norte, philipphines". But they did not stamp it or put an imprint on the form. Though, Dhonn says there is an official seal on the form.

I found this on asawa "In my case in Cagayan de Oro they filled up the Municipal Form No. 7 (SWORN STATEMENT THAT ADVICE OF PARENTS OR GUARDIAN HAS BEEN ASKED) and No.8ADVICE UPON INTENDED MARRIAGE form for me"

Dhonn got #8 but not # 7

1. Is it notarized? 2. Should Dhonn have signed it? What have been your experiences? I am used to seeing a stamp and an imprint but I dont know if thats how its done in the Philippines.

Thank you! :thumbs:

JUST A REMINDER (FYI)- Especially if your honey is traveling without you to the states, please don't forget about the extra cost with the Phil Travel Tax of $1,620PHP and the Airport Fee of about $550PHP.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.