windchaser_4

Manila Embassy Interview

7,088 posts in this topic

It wouldn't seem as if we had an sort of choice when the medical exam is as it was scheduled for Nov 27th, a week before the interview.

It does appear that way but SLEC is first come first serve so they are all about money and don't really care when you show up. You can call SLEC and let them know that you want to make an earlier appointment or you can just show up. The USE informed me that the medical exam date scheduled on your letter is really the drop dead date to get it accomplished and that it's preferred if we could take it beforehand.

[CLICK HERE] - MANILA EMBASSY K1 VISA GUIDE (Review Post #1)

[CLICK HERE] - VJ Acronyms and USCIS Form Definitions (A Handy Reference Tool)

Manila Embassy K1 Visa Information

4.2 National Visa Center (NVC) | (603) 334-0700 press 1, then 5....

4.3 Manila Embassy (Immigrant Visa Unit) | 011-632-301-2000 ext 5184 or dial 0

4.4 Department of State | (202) 663-1225, press 1, press 0,

4.5 Document Verification | CLICK HERE

4.6 Visa Interview Appointments website | CLICK HERE

4.7 St. Lukes | 011-63-2-521-0020

5.1 DELBROS website | CLICK HERE

6.2 CFO Guidance and Counseling Seminar | MANILA or CEBU

6.3 I-94 Arrival / Departure info | CLICK HERE

Adjustment of Status (AOS) Information

Please review the signature and story tab of my wife's profile, [Deputy Uling].

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why would it be advisable to take the medical not more than a month before the interview? My fiancee wanted to get it done as soon as she had the appointment letter so went to St. Lukes soon after she got it. That would be a couple of weeks more than a month from her interview date.

Is there something else we should be concerned about?

UGH!

05/18/05: Met on Yahoo chat.

09/10/05: We agree to meet.

02/10/06: First trip to Manila

03/26/06: Filied I-129F package

04/04/06: NOA 1 at California service center

06/30/06: IMBRA RFE mailed to CSC

07/05/06: Email stating CSC received RFE

07/31/06: NOA 2! Wahoooo!

08/03/06: NVC reciept

08/07/06: NVC forwards petition to the Embassy!!

08/15/06: Embassy received case:MNL2006716###

09/19/06: We have an interview date!! Wahoo!

11/20/06: Interview

11/29/06: VISA delivered

12/05/06: Entry into the U.S. at LAX

Timeline

It wouldn't seem as if we had an sort of choice when the medical exam is as it was scheduled for Nov 27th, a week before the interview.

It does appear that way but SLEC is first come first serve so they are all about money and don't really care when you show up. You can call SLEC and let them know that you want to make an earlier appointment or you can just show up. The USE informed me that the medical exam date scheduled on your letter is really the drop dead date to get it accomplished and that it's preferred if we could take it beforehand.

There's another reason to get it earlier, if you have the possibility of conceiving a child right away. :blush:

She will get an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine at the exam. The medical community recommends a 28-day wait after getting a Rubella vaccine because it contains live attenuated virus with a potential for birth defects (though this has never been known to be caused by the virus in the vaccine yet). The reason for the recommended wait is that it takes about 28 days to make sure her body has killed off all the virus in the vaccine.

There's another reason to get it earlier, if you have the possibility of conceiving a child right away. :blush:

She will get an MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) vaccine at the exam. The medical community recommends a 28-day wait after getting a Rubella vaccine because it contains live attenuated virus with a potential for birth defects (though this has never been known to be caused by the virus in the vaccine yet). The reason for the recommended wait is that it takes about 28 days to make sure her body has killed off all the virus in the vaccine.

But they wont hold that as any sort of issue for the results sent to the interview right? Meaning it's been only two weeks since the vaccine and the interview is scheduled. They realize that it needs to be assumed that people are going to be responsible adults and control themselves until they are ready to have a child, that it's no rush. I'd take issue to having to send Elaine a whole month earlier just because everyone else can't keep it in their pants and they've had to make a regulation that says no visa is issued until 28 days after the vaccination.

Meh, nothing to see here.

How long does it take for Luz to get the "We have your petition" letter from the embassy? Our case got to them on Oct 15. Thanks!

Gary, They receicved our package on 11 Oct, sent to us on the 13th and we received the letter (not the packet) on 30 Oct via snail mail. Payato

"Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!"

Timeline:

22 Jul 06 - Received NOA-1

18 Sep 06 - Received NOA2 in mail

11 Oct 06 - Case MNL783xxx received by Manila Embassy... guess NVC lied

26 Dec 06 - Received Packet 4

18-19 Jan 07 - Medical complete early, scheduled 8 Feb

19 Jan - CFO completed after SLE shots... have to go back for the stamp after visa approval

15 Feb 07 - Interview Approved

24 Feb 07 - Arrive at Honolulu POE

2 Apr 07 - Married, civil ceremony, mailed AOS

17 Apr 07 - Checks cashed for AOS & AP

22 Apr 07 - Filed Expedite for AP

8 May 07 - Biometrics Appt

8 May 07 - Filed complaint with local USCIS for no action on Expedite request

9 May 07 - AP Expedite approved via email

14 May 07 - received AP I-512L documents in the mail

25 Jun 07 - AOS Interview scheduled but cancelled due to deployment and family emergency

29 Nov 07 - Visited local USCIS to reschedule AOS interview

15 Jan 08 - Local USCIS finally forwards reschedule request after formal complaint

8 Feb 08 - Received new Interview date

28 Mar 08 - AOS Interview ..investigation reopened due to incorrect birthdate that was identified 05/07

16 Apr 08 - CRIS Notice of GC approval and welcome notice via email

25 Apr 08 - GC received finally!

15 Jan 10 - Mailed Lifting of Conditions Package

19 Jan 10 - Package received at VT USCIS

22 Jan 10 - Checked cashed by USCIS

26 Jan 10 - Received NOA dated 20 Jan 10

29 Jan 10 - Received NOA for Biometrics

Timeline

But they wont hold that as any sort of issue for the results sent to the interview right? Meaning it's been only two weeks since the vaccine and the interview is scheduled. They realize that it needs to be assumed that people are going to be responsible adults and control themselves until they are ready to have a child, that it's no rush. I'd take issue to having to send Elaine a whole month earlier just because everyone else can't keep it in their pants and they've had to make a regulation that says no visa is issued until 28 days after the vaccination.

No, that medical issue has nothing to do with the scheduling of the interview or issuing of the VISA, but it's something we need to keep in mind. The USE is not concerned about our sexual behavior or family planning, or lack of either. ;)

No, that medical issue has nothing to do with the scheduling of the interview or issuing of the VISA, but it's something we need to keep in mind. The USE is not concerned about our sexual behavior or family planning, or lack of either. ;)

jeeze thank God for that. I think that if the immigration process got any more "1984" we are all screwed.

Why would it be advisable to take the medical not more than a month before the interview? Is there something else we should be concerned about?

It's advisable not to take the medical exam no more than a month before the interview because the results could be rendered obsolete, which will require the beneficiary to retake the medical exam. And there is nothing else to be worried about that I know of...

Any takers on the last question by Goodman...?

DISCLAIMER: Providing information does not constitute legal consul nor is intended as a substitute for legal representation.

Timeline
only four days to go for Gomez and Angelmae. you must be looking forward to Monday with great anticipation. good luck again to the soon to be first two approvals in November.

I'm pacing the floor here... :whistle: we'll keep you posted

only four days to go for Gomez and Angelmae. you must be looking forward to Monday with great anticipation. good luck again to the soon to be first two approvals in November.

I'm pacing the floor here... :whistle: we'll keep you posted

Angelmae is MIA?

K-1 visa timeline

May 23 06 Submitted I-129F to Vermont

June 19 06 Touched, States RFE mailed

June 23 06 Received I-129F RFE

June 24 06 Sent I-129F RFE

Nov 06 06 INTERVIEW

Nov 06 06 APPROVED

Nov 08 06 Visa in hand

Nov 17 06 to the U.S.

AOS Timeline

Feb. 14 '07 filed AOS,mailed I-485

Feb 23 '07 NOA1

Feb 27 '07 Bio appointment letter received

March 14 '07 Biometrics appointment

March 19 '07 application transferred to CSC

March 29 '07 case pending at CSC

May 19 '07 got appointment letter for 2nd Biometrics???

May 25' 07 received RFE for I-693 and immunization supplement...UUugggghh

Jun 1 '07 2nd biometrics appt.

June 9 '07 sent RFE back via USPS priority mail

June 12 '07 RFE received at Laguna Niguel

June 22 '07 received email saying CSC got our RFE and processing resumed on our case

July 7 '07another RFE for TB skin test

July 11 '07 sent RFE back

July 20 '07 case processing resumed per email from CRIS

July 24 '07 Email from CRIS...card production ordered!!

July 25 '07 received email saying letter welcoming new permanent resident was mailed

July 30 '07 GC in hand

Timeline

Why would it be advisable to take the medical not more than a month before the interview? Is there something else we should be concerned about?

It's advisable not to take the medical exam no more than a month before the interview because the results could be rendered obsolete, which will require the beneficiary to retake the medical exam. And there is nothing else to be worried about that I know of...

Any takers on the last question by Goodman...?

Does the Embassy have an official policy on this or is it just rumor/speculation? We're thinking we will do it 2 or 3 weeks in advance but we could do it 4 or 5 weeks in advance if we got the letter that early.

Does the Embassy have an official policy on this or is it just rumor/speculation? We're thinking we will do it 2 or 3 weeks in advance but we could do it 4 or 5 weeks in advance if we got the letter that early.

You don't need the "official letter" from the USE in order to take the medical exam. The USE person (Lorainne) in the Immigrant Visa Unit gave me the advice of not taking the medical exam too far out from the visa interview, but 4 -5 weeks out should definitely be acceptable. However, I have not read anything official on the medical exam policies beside what comes in Packet 4. I would also be interested if anyone has stumbled across the official rules, memorandums, or policies on this matter.

Edited by Uling

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Why would it be advisable to take the medical not more than a month before the interview? My fiancee wanted to get it done as soon as she had the appointment letter so went to St. Lukes soon after she got it. That would be a couple of weeks more than a month from her interview date.

Is there something else we should be concerned about?

UGH!

my fiance had his medical about 2 months in advance and things were okay. as long as you already have an interview appointment, you can always take an early medical. whatever is most convenient for you (unless there are NEW rules installed now...then i don't know what to tell you.)

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

so i'm lost, we are saying don't take it too soon, but don't take it too far away from the interview? What is ideal? and I am not sure of the specific reasons why a week away from the interview date is a bad thing?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

if he lived in Manila...a week away would not be so bad. unfortunately, he was flying from Cebu and the 2 months earlier time-scale was the most convenient at that time (there were some business things he can't leave behind).

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.