amal

Update on Amal's mama

52 posts in this topic

Thanks everybody! I'm still really concerned for her as she has had basil(sp) cell cancer in forms of moles on her skin for years now and I can't help but wonder if it's going to be something she's going to have a tough time beating ... Is this kind of cancer hereditary? I will do my best to let you all know how her treatments go through out the next 3 months. *sigh* Life sure is short sometimes...

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks everybody! I'm still really concerned for her as she has had basil(sp) cell cancer in forms of moles on her skin for years now and I can't help but wonder if it's going to be something she's going to have a tough time beating ... Is this kind of cancer hereditary? I will do my best to let you all know how her treatments go through out the next 3 months. *sigh* Life sure is short sometimes...

Amal, my grandmother has had several basil cell carcinomas removed successfully and is still doing well. She's also had breast cancer 20 something years ago. She is still a SMOKER!!!! AGH! Don't get me started!!! :angry: But she is doing well so far.

I think when any of your close family members have cancer, you must be more vigilant about your own health. (F)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I haven't been on for awhile, but just saw this and thought I would send you my best wishes for the quickest recovery. What a shock this must have been. I am glad to hear that it is not to far gone to cure.

Take care sweety.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Its truly a blessing that such a devastating cancer can be healed and your family can enjoy more precious time with your mom!

You certainly have had a turbulent time these past few months, we hope & pray with such miraculous news that this may be a new start to brighter times ahead for you and your family. Take care always (F)

The Story of Prince & his Angel

Our Marriage in Ariana, Tunisia - May 1, 2008

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

U.S. Embassy: Tunis, Tunisia

The Journey through VSC:

I-130: June 09, 2008 to April 03, 2009

I-129F: August 5, 2008 to April 03, 2009

The Journey through NVC:

Received by NVC: April 04, 2009

Left NVC: April 13, 2009

The Journey through the Consulate:

April 24, 2009 - May 14, 2009

May 19, 2009 Interview Day @ 11:00 am - PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2009 Picked up VISA

June 26, 2009 Prince flies to America, arrives to JFK - exactly 18 months from the day we met!!

The Journey through AOS:

May 05, 2010 - mailed I-485

May 11, 2010 - text message stating application received

May 13, 2010 - NOA1 for AOS

May 17, 2010 - Biometrics letter rec'd

June 10, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 03, 2010 - AOS @10:45 am - "conditional" approval pending corrected medical form by Civil Surgeon

Sept 8, 2010 - AOS Approved for 10 year Greencard!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
please leave in mena (as always) thanks!

She has colon cancer, cancer on her lungs, and in one of her legs as well. They said that the colon cancer is cureable and the chemo won't make her lose her hair or be very sick at all. The Chemo will also get rid of the cancer spots on her lungs and heal her leg while they're at it so in 3 months she's supposed to be pretty much back to normal. She's having a tough time breathing, still, but it's slowly getting better. Ensha'allah it will be a quick and easy recovery for her.

Thanks to everybody here for being a shoulder for me. I love u all!

(F) amal (F)

I hope everything turns out well. We'll be thinking of you even more than before.

All my best

venus

met online May 2006

visited him in Morocco July 2006

K-1 petition sent late September 2006 after second visit

December 2006 - third trip - went for his visa interview (stood outside all day)

visa approved! arrived here together right before Christmas 2006

married January 2007

AOS paperwork sent February 2007

RFE (yipee)

another RFE (yikes)

AOS approval July 2007

sent Removal of Conditions paperwork 01 May 2009

received I-751 NOA 14 May 2009

received ASC appt. notice 28 May 2009

biometrics appt. 12 June 2009

I-751 approval date 25 Sept 2009 (no updates on the system - still says 'received'/"initial review")

19 Oct 2009 - got text message "card production ordered"

24 Oct 2009 - actual card in the mail box!

sent his N-400 - 14 May 2010

check cashed 27 May 2010

NOA received 29 May 2010 (dated 24 May)

Biometrics Appointment Letter received 17 June 2010

Biometrics scheduled for 08 July 2010; walk-in successfully done in Philadelphia 07 July 2010

02 Oct 2010 - FINALLY got email saying the case was being transferred to the local office. Hoping to get his interview letter soon...

05 Oct 2010 - received interview letter!!!!

08 November 2010 - scheduled for N-400 interview

- went together for interview; file isn't there - need to wait to be rescheduled

Jan 2011 - went for Infopass

25 Feb 2011 - interview

19 April 2011 - Infopass

8 July 2011 - HE'S FINALLY A CITIZEN - WOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 July 2011 - citizenship party

Mama's in a wheelchair now coz of the bone cancer issue in her leg. It's behind the kneecap so she can't put any pressure on it WHATSOEVER. Because of where the cancer is, it makes it so that her leg is practically broken. My dad made ramps over any steps/stairs in and around the house so she would be able to get where she needed to get. She seems to be in good spirits though. She got her mediport put in this past wednesday and will start Chemo on Monday.

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I've been absent for a while due to life throwing me more cruddy stuff but I wanted to let you all know how things were going.

Mama started her chemo but what concerns me is the amount she is getting. They have her on 48 hours of straight chemo, then off for 12 days, on for 48 hours, off 12 days, etc etc etc... Have any of you heard of this course of treatment and the reason for it being as such?

She's of course going through the typical horrid nausea/vomiting and tiredness that goes along with chemo but she's still taking it quite well. Thanks everyone for all of your well wishes and thoughts during this :)

*hugs*

amal

Interview-December 2005

I noticed you were M.I.A. but that is understandable. I will continue to keep you and your mother in my prayers.

I hope you can find some peace and time for yourself Amal. (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F) Sorrry to hear about these bad events in your life, Amal. Like Sandrila said, I hope you can find a bit of time for yourself. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That sounds similar to what my uncle had - intense chemo for a period, then a period off to recover.

I hope she's getting better (F)

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.